Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 14:48   #241
BHPian

Re: The Dark Knight has arrived-Pearl Black VW Vento TDi Highline Update-1st Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
2. Changed wiper blades to Hella DynaEdge
Hi el lobo,
There is a small clip which comes with this wiper(packed in a small plastic cover). Do we need to fix it somewhere?
Old 17th June 2016, 20:56   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dark Knight has arrived-Pearl Black VW Vento TDi Highline Update-1st Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi el lobo,
There is a small clip which comes with this wiper(packed in a small plastic cover). Do we need to fix it somewhere?
I actually don't remember about since I changed to Hella DynaEdge 4 year back. Can you share a pic of the part you are talking about.
Old 12th October 2016, 19:21   #243
BHPian

Re: Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done

Hey El Lobo,
I have a pre owned 2011 Vento AT petrol. I have it for almost a year and is nearing service now. Odo reading is 39k. It was bought in goa and i live in mumbai. The car was bought from a friend and was serviced last in Goa and handed over to me. After reading all the fiascos by VW service centers, have been wondering where to service my beauty. Just read about your 5th service experience from Autobahn Navi Mumbai. Could you please help me to get in touch with the people you know there. I Would love to get my car serviced there and get some other things checked as well. I tried the andheri VW service center and they quoted me 12500/- for service. when i asked for a breakup the girl i spoke to on the phone wasn't qualified to do it and promised a call back. This has happened thrice now and i have already lost confidence in them. They just don't call back. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Savio Vaz
Old 13th October 2016, 23:46   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by savyo View Post
Could you please help me to get in touch with the people you know there. I Would love to get my car serviced there and get some other things checked as well.
Hi Savio,
Get in touch with Mr. Ashish who heads the CRM dept at VW Navi Mumbai Autoobahn Automotive workshop, Mob no: 7506388584. Gem of a guy and will help you out with everything. Just give my reference Mr. Rohaan; Black Vento and he should recall. If he doesn't, hint him about ABS sensor.

Another is Mr. Tausif, Mob no: 7506388603.

Try to get an appointment for weekday, say Tuesday-Thursday. That's when the workshop has lesser load. On weekends its jam packed with Polos & Ventos.

Another good VW Workshop is VW Downtown based at Lalbaug, Mumbai. Many VW owners have been in praise of it.

If you need any help, let me know.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 12:39   #245
BHPian

Hey Rohaan,

Appreciate it my friend. I, am relieved now. Will call them immediately and fix up an appointment. Will keep you posted. Also, working on my ownership review with this car, I am so in love with.
Thanks again.
Old 7th January 2018, 18:35   #246
Senior - BHPian

Its been a long time since I shared an update. So better late than never. Keep a popcorn tub ready, will be sharing updates from May 2016 till date. Here it goes.

1. New Tyres 29 May 2016 : Michelin XM2 185 60 R15

Vento was purchased in April 2011 and as advised a tyre should be replaced either when the tread is less than 2 mm or 5 year older. In my case it was the later. Clocked only 23,933 kms in 5 yrs. JK Vectra 185 60 R15 served me well. No issues other than one tyre which deformed. Got that replaced under pro-rata basis.

Didn't wan't to upsize and stuck to stock size 185 60 R15. Vento came with 4 nos 15" alloys and 1 nos 14" steel rim. So I always wanted to change the spare wheel to 15". But brand new alloy costed Rs. 20,000 a piece.

I bought new tyres from Balaji Wheels, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. As luck would have it, they had a Vento alloy at dirt cheap price. Rs. 1,000. Previous owner got them replaced under insurance. So alloy was legit. Checked the alignment and it was good.

So in a way got 5 brand new Michelin XM2 185 60 R15.

Bill:
Name:  Tyre Bill.png
Views: 2582
Size:  146.0 KB

2. Sold 1 nos JK Tyre and 14" Rim and 175 70 R14 tyre on OLX

Well the tyre shop was offering nothing for older tyres. Of the 5, 1 JK Tyre, 14" Rim and 175 70 R14 tyre were in good condition.

Informed the buyer of tyre mfg date. Got Rs. 1,000 for the 3.

Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done-img_5378.jpg

Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done-img_5382.jpg

3. Getting locked out of my car: Speed Sensor went kaput: 24 Sept 2016

On way to work, one thump in a water filled pothole and ABS sensor light lit up. Initially I thought that the water may be reason for it. After a day ABS light may disappear.

Car worked fine, no issues.

Reached a mall and parked car. Came back after 2 hours and light went away. Voila all good. But after a few meters it was back.

Went for a meeting and once I got back into car and started to drive away; Auto-Lock triggered which usually triggers at 15 kmph. But this was less than 5 Kmph.

Something fishy!

Few kilometers later, I sense some noise and thought to inspect it. Parked car by the side. Kept engine running. AC turned off. Closed door. Biggest Mistake!

Check the under body all okay. Now I try to open door, it wont. Car was locked.

Then I remembered that Auto-Lock triggered even at low speed of 5 Kmph. I guess same thing happened. Speed Sensor was giving out wrong data.

Now what to do?

Easy solution was break window glass and open car from inside. That would mean extra cost for glass replacement!

Called up home and asked my mother to get the second car key as I was close by. Took 30 minutes. Car was running all long.

Thankfully car opened via key lock.

Lesson learn't: Always leave a window open when engine is running. Never forgotten this incident.

Drove car straight to VW Workshop Autobahn Navi Mumbai. VAS Scan done. Front Right ABS sensor has gone bad. Which also doubles up as Speed Sensor. Part out of stock.

Didn't wan't the car to be down till part arrived. So VW Autobahn Navi Mumbai Workshop Manager was kind enough to lend ABS sensor from their Vento car till my car part arrived. Kudos to them.

Car back on road.

Now wait for part begins. Part arrived and I visited the workshop. Turns out, this ABS sensor is not compatible with my Vento. So they search the Database and find that my car needs a different part.

So few days later, part arrives. Fitted to car. Test run. All good. Total cost: Rs. 4,136.

Bill:
Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done-abs-sensor.jpg

Next update: Suspension Overhaul and I do 900 Kms in one day in Vento TDi.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 21:39   #247
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bro,
Nice update. Thanks for the tip about keeping the window open when getting out of the car.
My Rapid TDi DSG is running on 195/60/R15. I am also planning to come back to stock size next year.
How is your car's battery holding up ? My car's stock battery is up for replacement after running for 33 months.

Regards,
F150
Old 6th December 2021, 12:57   #248
BHPian

Dear friends

One of the plastic clamps holding the headlight of my Vento 1.6 TDI has broken(Marked yellow inside red circle in the image*).

*Image courtesy bhpian @el lobo 6061from his earlier post.

Whether I will be able to replace the broken part or entire headlamp assembly need to be replaced?
Attached Images

Old 6th December 2021, 13:03   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Dear friends

One of the plastic clamps holding the headlight of my Vento 1.6 TDI has broken(Marked yellow inside red circle in the image*).

*Image courtesy bhpian @el lobo 6061from his earlier post.

Whether I will be able to replace the broken part or entire headlamp assembly need to be replaced?
You can source the headlight mount repair kit which comes in a pair for both the headlamps.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6c0998225-28476547/

Boodmo shows a lengthy delivery schedule. Ask your local service center. They may have it in stock. Mine did when I had asked them.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 17:01   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Few kilometers later, I sense some noise and thought to inspect it. Parked car by the side. Kept engine running. AC turned off. Closed door. Biggest Mistake!

Check the under body all okay. Now I try to open door, it wont. Car was locked.
I had a similar scare few months back.

Had parked my car outside a shop to buy some fruits/veggies. Normally I keep some bags in my boot. So after making payment, I walked to my car, opened the boot and took out the bags. Unfortunately dropped the key in the boot and closed it shut. Didn't even realise that I had left the key in the boot. Came back with my shopping bags and then realised my key was not where it should be - in the pocket. It was panic time. The other key was at home but problem was, my house key was in the car!! It was time to find a brick to break the glass but somehow just reached out to the driver door and voila, it was open!! I have this habit of unlocking the door everytime I open the boot (it's kind of instinct now) or maybe opening boot also opens door lock (not sure) but maybe that habit saved the day. It was such a relief.
Old 6th December 2021, 22:55   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
It was time to find a brick to break the glass but somehow just reached out to the driver door and voila, it was open!!
When you would have taken bags out of boot, you didn't lock the car. Which is why driver door opened. Lucky.

Since the thread is awakened up, will share some updates.
  • VW Vento 1.6 TDi is now almost 11 years old.
  • ODO at 42,000 Kms.
  • 10th Service was carried out at VW AutoBahn Turbhe Navi Mumbai Workshop. Till date all services have been carried out at VW Authorized Workshop only.
  • Car drives like a charm. Running original brakes pads, disc & clutch
  • No rust anywhere. VW Quality.
  • DieselGate update is always refused whenever car is sent for service. Campaign 23R7.
  • No match to 1.6 TDi power & efficiency prowess. Will hold onto the car as long as possible.

Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done-img_3671.jpg
el lobo 6061 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 09:11   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You can source the headlight mount repair kit which comes in a pair for both the headlamps.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6c0998225-28476547/

Boodmo shows a lengthy delivery schedule. Ask your local service center. They may have it in stock. Mine did when I had asked them.
This time @Gannu_1 came for the rescue. He had shared a video that clearly elaborates how the mounts are repaired. The part suggested by @Gannu_1 was readily available in the service center. Two very "moderate' plastic clamps which costed a whopping INR 2177 only because it had a stamp "made in czech republic". In fact the new headlight assembly cost was around INR 3800 but unfortunately they did not had the stock.

The two broken mounts were chopped off from the headlamp assembly and the new ones were screwed in. The work was completed in 10 minutes and everything was fine.

Thanks a ton to VW expert @Gannu_1 for lightning quick response and for guiding me.

Last edited by das_ren_auto : 8th December 2021 at 09:18.
Old 17th December 2021, 12:57   #253
Senior - BHPian

Adding spice to a decade plus car

Upgraded Head Unit HU to RCD320

The original Vento 1st Gen HU only supported CD & Radio. With the advent of online streaming Music apps, it became very convenient to listed to proper quality audio.

So the search began for a new HU. Since I wanted to retain the OEM looks, VW Head Units were the only choices.

Came across a video on YouTube by Mr. Shailinder Choudhary of Classic Ramesh Nagar Delhi of installing RCD320 it in VW Polo Trendline 2010. This meant it would work on my Vento 1.6 TDi Mar 2011 model as well.

He emphasized on the use of CANBUS adaptor which was included with HU he was selling. Without CANBUS adaptor following things wont work
1. Bluetooth
2. Back Light control via Headlight switch
3. Automatic Turning off HU with removal of key from ignition.

Some installers don't use CANBUS adaptor and splice wires to obtain CANBUS signal from AC. I didn't want any splicing of wires. With German cars its a strict NO. Only Plug & Play is correct way for long term.

Ordered RCD320 from him and he shipped it to my place.

RCD320 + CANBUS Adaptor for Rs 6500
Shipping Rs. 500

Installed RCD320 yesterday and working like a charm while retaining OEM looks. Attached installation video by Mr. Shailinder Choudhary. His Mob number: 9818935777, if anyone wants to reach him.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with Mr. Shailinder Choudhary.

Before:
Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done-rcd030.jpg

After:
Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done-rcd320.jpg

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 17th December 2021 at 13:00.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 16:04   #254
BHPian

I am facing a new set of issues with my 55000 Kms. run Vento 1.6 TDI.

1. While shifting gear especially from neutral to first, occasionally the gear lever is vibrating even if the clutch is depressed fully. I can feel the vibration clearly.
2. When I take U-turns from stand still, there is slight sound coming from steering.

Kindly suggest what I have to do, because before going to a technician I want to have some understanding of the issues. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks