Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2012, 14:58   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I dug out my invoice and double checked and i did write it correctly the first time

Air filter - 414
Oil Filter - 286
That is inline with the prices of other manufacturers. Definitely not 1094 Rs.
Old 13th November 2012, 12:03   #152
BHPian

Quote:
The System G was not for this problem specifically , i thought it was a good thing to use every once in a while irrespective of whether one has a problem or not - keep the lines a bit clean?
I too have been using system g, as advised by ford A.S.S.

As per advice, use 1 ml per litre, in one filling, preferably in full tank.

Then, skip for succeeding two fills and repeat.

I have been using it this way, and the car is doing wonderfully well.
Old 25th November 2012, 15:14   #153
Senior - BHPian

So with a relatively free weekend at hand i decided to go across to my Skoda service station to get this entire vibration problem that i have been having resolved or atleast make a game plan on what to do - turns out they were shut , my mistake i forgot.

On the way home i decided to stop at my neighborhood Castrol Scanning center , i know the mechanic there , old fellow whose been in the area for about 20 years - he had told me sometime ago that i should just get a scan and see what that throws up

So decided to do that today , scan carried out , 1 problem reported which said something along the lines of ( the print out is lying in the car hence this is on memory) - ECU disabled , resistance too small.

They then resolved this , now i dont know if this is coincidence or its actually helped but the car appears to be better - i can still feel a little something once in a while but no where as near violent as earlier. Will have to read up on this to understand the fault properly.

I still have a feeling that maybe the RPM is still off as well , like i have been mentioning the needed is a little under the 800 mark - now what that means as a exact value is difficult to guage ( i.e whether its 750/780 etc) because there are no individual markings , the mark lower down 800 is 600 - so if i assume that the middle of these two marks is 700 , then as per my observation the RPM is at about 750.
Old 26th November 2012, 11:40   #154
Senior - BHPian

Just putting down the details of the problem for everyones reference - i plan on reaching out to Skoda global and India to get some more information on this as well

P1570 Engine control Module Disabled - Value of resistance too small.

No shuddering noticed with the car today , but still not convinced and currently putting it down to coincidence.
Old 26th November 2012, 11:51   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just putting down the details of the problem for everyones reference - i plan on reaching out to Skoda global and India to get some more information on this as well

No shuddering noticed with the car today , but still not convinced and currently putting it down to coincidence.
OMG, Are you saying your car is running without ECU ? Is it safe to use at all without the ECU functioning and monitoring the engine ?
Old 26th November 2012, 11:53   #156
Senior - BHPian

Well i dont know what this means to begin with - after the scan showed the problem the ECU was activated - so atleast its done now , but like i said i dont know what this problem means or implies to begin with and what does that translate into with respect to the performance of the car - for example did it contribute towards the shuddering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
OMG, Are you saying your car is running without ECU ? Is it safe to use at all without the ECU functioning and monitoring the engine ?
Old 26th November 2012, 22:03   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo
So with a relatively free weekend at hand i decided to go across to my Skoda service station to get this entire vibration problem that i have been having resolved or atleast make a game plan on what to do - turns out they were shut , my mistake
What exactly is the vibration issue you are having? Could you elaborate a bit more. And which is this service station that was shut on a weekend?
Old 26th November 2012, 22:13   #158
BANNED

Quote:

So without the ECM your car is like without any brains. Damn.

Anything is possible with a Skoda here. Sorry for the comment but no offence to you.

How is the car behaving without the ECM? Do you find any difference other than the shuddering issue?
Old 27th November 2012, 10:41   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
What exactly is the vibration issue you are having? Could you elaborate a bit more. And which is this service station that was shut on a weekend?
Glad to - , so ever since i have had the car , once in a while there used to be shudder which used to pass the length of the car when the car was on idle RPM - which is 800 without the AC and 900 with it. I changed fuel , upped the rating and it appeared to go away for the most part and the once in a while it did happen i did not think much of it.

Since i got the car serviced about 1 month ago , the problem is back , more aggressively. Instead of this shudder being a sporadic thing i.e 1-2 times a week , it started happening almost everytime the Rev's fell down to idle. I decided to wait and watch for sometime to see if it would settle down , played around with the Octane rating as well , changed petrol pumps again but the problem persisted.

The best manner in which i can describe the problem , best way would be to feel it of-course , is that when the car is at Idle , it shakes a little when this happens , almost like stalling , the interior lights and the MID lights start flickering as well when this starts happening and once it goes away , the lights return to normal as well.

I took it to Arshia finally (which was the one which was closed) and then decided to get the Castrol guys to run a scan which is when the problem i quoted came up. They resolved it , this is now the 2nd day and the car is behaving much better , instead of the shuddering happening at each traffic light , now maybe only 1-2 times the entire length of the drive - but i am not an expert and i dont think if this just sorted itself out or it had something to do with the ECU.

I still think that the RPM is off , maybe thats why it still shudders , earlier the needle once in a while used to fall down to as low as 700 RPM , right now over the last 2 days it has not gone down that much but its a little below the 800 mark , and given the small spacing between the markings i am assuming that this could indicate that the idle RPM currently is between 750-800 somewhere , exactly where i am not sure and the intention is to take it to the Skoda guys and get it hooked up and look at the values.

I do have some other theories but they could be totally off

1. the oil filter and the fuel filter were changed during the service - maybe one of these items is giving the problem , the Castrol Scan center gave the fuel unit a green signal - nothing wrong with the pressure etc

2. the engine oil had also been changed , got them to look at the level etc and that was also given a green signal but with a piece of advise that i should come for the oil change to Castrol rather than Skoda , since i will never know what they put in , while with them everything done to the car will be done in front of me.

So basically thats it , i am not entirely sure what fits so lets see. I have shot out a mail to Skoda India and global as well with a brief description to see if they have any recommendations , i dont expect anything from the Indian guys but global had responded to me very quickly and professionally the last time so fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So without the ECM your car is like without any brains. Damn.

Anything is possible with a Skoda here. Sorry for the comment but no offence to you.

How is the car behaving without the ECM? Do you find any difference other than the shuddering issue?
No offence taken , you mean with the ECU ON now , better like i have written above but i still dont have the peace of mind with the issue that i should.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 10:32   #160
BHPian

Quote:
so ever since i have had the car , once in a while there used to be shudder which used to pass the length of the car when the car was on idle RPM - which is 800 without the AC and 900 with it.
Thanks for the details.

Things don't sound right here. I have the same model, as you know, and the car idles with no vibration at all at steady 800 rpm. Even in cold Delhi mornings at 10°C. Even when I switch on ac the idle rpm doesn't rise but there are no vibrations.

This requires to be brought up as a guarantee issue. If you didn't get the right response at Arshia, it may be worth while paying a visit to another service agency. I would recommend Fahrenheit at Motinagar where I have got all guarantee niggles resolved satisfactorily. They would probably do a diagnostics using VAG COM and get to the bottom of things. Its better to take an appointment at 40844084 since they get lot of vehicles on sat and sun.
Old 19th December 2012, 13:36   #161
Senior - BHPian

So managed to take out sometime and go across and spend about 2 hours with the technical incharge at the workshop. We ran about a 130 item checlist through the software to see what cropped up - i asked for a print out of all the values at the end of it but was politely declined and said if the service manager agreed i could get it but no time since i needed to come back , a few figures / observations which i have in my head

1. At idling the engine speed was at 670-680 RPM , clearly a problem
2. During the first start , cylinder 1, 2 and 3 showed misfiring , in consequent starts this stopped

3. oxygen sensor test was another item which the technical wanted to do but i needed to leave in the middle of it hence not sure of results

4. Voltage was 13.7 , specified value is 13 - 15. , so lower side of the range but fine as such

They will be sending the values to skoda as well to get inputs directly from the engineers there.
Old 19th December 2012, 17:18   #162
BHPian

Sorry to hear that your car is ill. Hope it gets well soon.

Was the problem diagnosed by the castrol guys? If so, please ensure that you get the Skoda guys in the loop, i am saying this because of the (ill) famed Skoda service.

And, please get this recorded in the records of Skoda afer sales, to get teh warranty invoked later on, if need be.
Old 20th December 2012, 10:14   #163
Senior - BHPian

Castrol only detected the error code i wrote about earlier , the rest of the values came from Skoda - in fact , the floor manager took over my car as soon as i got there and he spent about 2 hours with the diagnostic software's with me , need to give him credit for that.

As an update , i went to pick up the car yesterday knowing that they might wish to keep it overnight if they have not completed everything they wanted to - and thats exactly what they wanted to do but i took it out and gave it back this morning.

They will start fixing the car today after they get a reply from Skoda on the values , yesterday was more for one test after another - the only pending test is a fuel pressure test which will be done this morning. One of their main concerns yesterday which i eventually convinced them on was the quality of the fuel - when i got there they had a bottle full of it from my tank and were commenting on how 'red' it is , eventually it took about 10 minutes to convince them that the problem existed despite changes in RON as well as pumps and i was feeding her 97.

It appears they are being very cautious in their approach to solving it , reason cited was that my report is with Skoda itself now and they are supervising whats being done to the car and the mechanics have little liberty at this point to use their own discretion - dont know how much weight is in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Sorry to hear that your car is ill. Hope it gets well soon.

Was the problem diagnosed by the castrol guys? If so, please ensure that you get the Skoda guys in the loop, i am saying this because of the (ill) famed Skoda service.

And, please get this recorded in the records of Skoda afer sales, to get teh warranty invoked later on, if need be.
Old 13th January 2013, 21:36   #164
BHPian

Quote:
It appears they are being very cautious in their approach to solving it , reason cited was that my report is with Skoda itself now and they are supervising whats being done to the car and the mechanics have little liberty at this point to use their own discretion - dont know how much weight is in that.
Hi Puchoo,

The same thing was told to me too, when my car went in for getting a noise from the rear of the car sorted.
It took them over a month to resolve this.

The excuse given was that they're waiting for orders from Skoda to proceed, and my car was just sitting at the work shop gathering dust!
Emails to Skoda India and a few managers at Skoda helped move things. Also an email to the Workshop manager also cc'd to the above mentioned manager list (i've pm'd you the list).
Eventually this saw my car get some real attention and the issue was fixed (touchwood).

I'd say the best you can do is ensure you describe all the difficulties you've faced and question why it is taking so long to resolve and what Skoda has done to ensure a customer is given a service he has already paid for.
Thats what I did.

God Bless and best of luck!

Do update us!

Cheers,
Aayush
Old 14th January 2013, 10:28   #165
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Thanks for the email ! Yes their turnaround times are fundamentally bound to be long given the process they follow , other than certain pre-authorised items the workshop guys cannot do anything on the car unless they get a prior approval from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Hi Puchoo,

The same thing was told to me too, when my car went in for getting a noise from the rear of the car sorted.
It took them over a month to resolve this.

The excuse given was that they're waiting for orders from Skoda to proceed, and my car was just sitting at the work shop gathering dust!
Emails to Skoda India and a few managers at Skoda helped move things. Also an email to the Workshop manager also cc'd to the above mentioned manager list (i've pm'd you the list).
Eventually this saw my car get some real attention and the issue was fixed (touchwood).

I'd say the best you can do is ensure you describe all the difficulties you've faced and question why it is taking so long to resolve and what Skoda has done to ensure a customer is given a service he has already paid for.
Thats what I did.

God Bless and best of luck!

Do update us!

Cheers,
Aayush

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks