Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th January 2015, 11:15   #211
BHPian

Default Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
No news is good news and that is the way the things have been with the Fabia since the last update , all is going well for the most part of it. Almost 38 old months old now she is not exactly a spring chicken anymore but going strong and managing to satisfy my heavy footed wife each and every day.

A few dings here and there on the bumper and a slightly moody mirror control rod for the right hand side mirror , which some WD 40 might fix but that's it. Due for it's next service now.

Did notice however this time around that the insurance premium was quite high despite the IDV of the car , i think the fact that the Fabia is out of production now possibly is influencing this.
Hey buddy! Great to see regular updates from your side.

My Fabia 1.6 just completed her 4th birthday. Like you rightly said, I don't have much news, which is great news!! She continues to be reliable, fast and comfortable.

I just got my 3rd service done, this time I went to a Bosch multi brand service centre, instead of the official Skoda one. Not much difference, the bill was for 8k, which was a thousand more than what I paid last year. Overall I haven't spent a paisa on anything other than the regular service. So total cost of maintenance is about 22k in the last 4 years! Not bad for a Skoda/VW I think this is cheaper than either of my parents' cars....a Santro and Etios.

My fuel efficiency seems to have become better, maybe I have become better at driving more efficiently. On a recent highway run, I got 22 kmpl, maintaining a steady speed of 80-90 kmph.

Only sore point has been the constant squeaking/rattling coming from some loose part near the rear door. The service centre fixed it during the service, but has started again in a month's time. I also need to fix the many small scratches earned by driving through Bangalore's notorious traffic.

Overall she's a keeper!
guha_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 11:46   #212
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that all goes well!! , 22 is a fantastic figure that you got , not that the fuel economy matters that much to me but it is a remarkable figure to get.

Yeah , Delhi is the same like what in the context of scratches. I have a few niggles here and there as i mentioned earlier and need to get the servicing done as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
Hey buddy! Great to see regular updates from your side.

My Fabia 1.6 just completed her 4th birthday. Like you rightly said, I don't have much news, which is great news!! She continues to be reliable, fast and comfortable.

I just got my 3rd service done, this time I went to a Bosch multi brand service centre, instead of the official Skoda one. Not much difference, the bill was for 8k, which was a thousand more than what I paid last year. Overall I haven't spent a paisa on anything other than the regular service. So total cost of maintenance is about 22k in the last 4 years! Not bad for a Skoda/VW I think this is cheaper than either of my parents' cars....a Santro and Etios.

My fuel efficiency seems to have become better, maybe I have become better at driving more efficiently. On a recent highway run, I got 22 kmpl, maintaining a steady speed of 80-90 kmph.

Only sore point has been the constant squeaking/rattling coming from some loose part near the rear door. The service centre fixed it during the service, but has started again in a month's time. I also need to fix the many small scratches earned by driving through Bangalore's notorious traffic.

Overall she's a keeper!
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 01:22   #213
BHPian

Having trouble with the ABS light turning on lately. It just turned ON while driving very sedately abt 40 KMPH. But the problem is that it is intermittent.
Talked to the service advisor over phone and he advised to check for some more time before taking it in. Last couple of drives it has not come ON.
Today noticed that when I had the the key in and turned on the battery, the speedo dial was jumping a bit up and down.
Wondering if the battery has something to do with all of this as it is 3.5 years old. Any advice / leads on this will certainly help.
93000BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 18:15   #214
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that and unfortunately i cannot help with any practical inputs as i have had neither of the problems on the fabia or for any car for that matter.

But this is what i would do which is to take the car to a center and figure out what could be the reason. for the the ABS light it could simply be a sensor acting up in which case from a practicality perspective you can drive the car for a certain period of time since the actual braking system is fine - but this can always lead to be an indicator of larger problems to come and best to check it out as soon as its possible and fix it big or small , at the end of the day you dont want it to turn into or develop problems on the entire braking system either.

I dont think the speedo behaving that way would be a sign of the battery, atleast it is not the first thing which comes to my head , my first assumption would be something is acting up - not working the way it should. here again a trip to the workshop would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Having trouble with the ABS light turning on lately. It just turned ON while driving very sedately abt 40 KMPH. But the problem is that it is intermittent.
Talked to the service advisor over phone and he advised to check for some more time before taking it in. Last couple of drives it has not come ON.
Today noticed that when I had the the key in and turned on the battery, the speedo dial was jumping a bit up and down.
Wondering if the battery has something to do with all of this as it is 3.5 years old. Any advice / leads on this will certainly help.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 19:48   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Having trouble with the ABS light turning on lately. But the problem is that it is intermittent.

Read in the Jetta thread that the ABS light turning on intermittently is a sign that it is time to change the battery and is due to the changes in the voltage received by the sensor.

It can also be a faulty sensor, but since in your case the battery is 3.5 years old, it is probably time to change the battery.
arunkumarsarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 00:49   #216
BHPian

Thanks Arun. Will look for the thread. Hope it is the battery.
Old 19th September 2015, 10:38   #217
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

sorry for the late update. Replaced the battery with new EXIDE (INR 4200 after exchange of old battery).
Did not change the ABS alarm. Any way the battery was due for exchange as it was close to 4 years.
Caught up with a lot of travel in between so unable to take to service to check.
Recently took the car for wash at 3M. Asked them to concentrate on wheel areas as suspected dirt affecting the sensor. After the wash the alarm has disappeared and has not returned as yet!
4th year service coming up this month.