Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

This is a wonderful car for 6 lacs. Congratulations on the deal.
When I was considering Fabia, the best offer I got was 6.65 lacs and that was without the rear defogger and the rear wiper.
Has Skoda removed something from the 2011 Fabia? Why have they reduced the price by 80K and yet added the missing features? Just curious.
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks SUN , they have not removed 80k off the tag , thats the cash discount i got. The ex showroom is 6,17,000 and on road with registration , insurance and Skoda Shield is 705,000 approximately.

and this new stock was supposed to be the 2012 fabia not 2011 but they are finding their way onto the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This is a wonderful car for 6 lacs. Congratulations on the deal.
When I was considering Fabia, the best offer I got was 6.65 lacs and that was without the rear defogger and the rear wiper.
Has Skoda removed something from the 2011 Fabia? Why have they reduced the price by 80K and yet added the missing features? Just curious.
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

^Even if they have not reduced the price officially, knocking off 80K on a 6.5 lac car requires a lot of support from the manufacturer. The dealer alone cannot offer this discount.
So, I was wondering why they have offered this discount when the car is selling quite well these days.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

The manner in which the deal was presented to me ( i dont know if its true or not) is that this was a joing offer wherin the dealer was putting in 40,000 and Skoda was putting in the remaining 40.

The discount on the 1.2 was only 60,000.

I guess selling petrol cars is hard enough and to sell a 1.6 hatch would be even harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^Even if they have not reduced the price officially, knocking off 80K on a 6.5 lac car requires a lot of support from the manufacturer. The dealer alone cannot offer this discount.
So, I was wondering why they have offered this discount when the car is selling quite well these days.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

FE has now climbed to about 12.2 , i am getting it without making any conscious effort to drive conservatively. By the time i cover half the distance between office and Home which is about 10 kms , the car hits this figure irrespective of how bad the traffic is

On another note , got my first scratch on the car today , someone decided to run a key across half the width of the bonnet leaving a small but visible scratch. Does not appear to be all the way down to the sheet so am hoping a scratch remover such as Formula 1 should deal with most of it even though i find it weaker than what our local guys put.
Old 6th January 2012, 00:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Just crossed 300kms , which coincidentally was at half tank thus giving this car a range of 600 Kms on a full tank i.e an efficiency factor of 13.3 or so but i am convinced that she will give about 15 without me changing my driving style at allif i have less bumper to bumper traffic.

600 is purely an estimation , the MDI reports distance to empty at another 260 kms which gets the range to 560 but the MDI calculates this figure basis the last 50 kms average hence the current can be quite different.

Took her out for a late night drive about 1 hour back to get some more fellers into the performance and i have come back home only because i needed to , i could have spent another few hours quite happily outside driving her around.

Straight line runs were done , turns at 60 , bends at 80 and i dont have anything negative to report. Obviously there is some roll but within what one would expect and no surprises. Irrespective of the heavy foot the car did down come down below 12 KMPL , not that it matters to me personally. i would like to highlight that i did not take the car beyond 3000 RPM in consideration of the running in period so there are another 2500 RPMS in store for me!
Old 8th January 2012, 14:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
.....runs were done , turns at 60 , bends at 80 and i dont have anything negative to report. Obviously there is some roll but within what one would expect and no surprises. Irrespective of the heavy foot the car did down come down below 12 KMPL , not that it matters to me personally. i would like to highlight that i did not take the car beyond 3000 RPM in consideration of the running in period so there are another 2500 RPMS in store for me!
At 3000 rpm you could easily go beyond 110 kmph. And technically you could go up to 4000 rpm in the first 1000 kms, that takes you over 140 kmph virtually putting no restriction on highway cruising. BTW, wonder if there is any difference in speed vs rpm due to the upgrade to 15" from 14" or has it been taken care elsewhere? You would possibly know only if you drive a 14" alongside.

Last edited by rajcs : 8th January 2012 at 14:48.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
BTW, wonder if there is any difference in speed vs rpm due to the upgrade to 15" from 14" or has it been taken care elsewhere? You would possibly know only if you drive a 14" alongside.
Absolutely. A question i had posed earlier when I heard of the 15" upgrade. But, after seeing a Fabia with 15" alloys, I was quite glad that I'm not missing much. Phew! Did my wallet thank me or what!

Do you hear any squeaking sounds on rough patches of road, the ones wherein you need to slot into 1st and slowly manouever the craters at 5kmph?
Old 10th January 2012, 14:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a sound , i guess we can call it squeaky , it feels like a flash of air being let out from the suspension.... what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

Do you hear any squeaking sounds on rough patches of road, the ones wherein you need to slot into 1st and slowly manouever the craters at 5kmph?
Old 10th January 2012, 14:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting a sound , i guess we can call it squeaky , it feels like a flash of air being let out from the suspension.... what is it?
I'll let rajcs answer that for you. But, I guess that's fine if it's just a gush of air. I've heard that too when I drive through some non-polluted environments with my windows rolled down, especially while tackling a speedhump.

The sound I'm referring to mostly appears from the rear right side, almost something like an elastic rubber being stretched.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Same here , only with windows rolled down. In you case what was the elastic rubber sound , did you figure it out?

Quote:
I'll let rajcs answer that for you. But, I guess that's fine if it's just a gush of air. I've heard that too when I drive through some non-polluted environments with my windows rolled down, especially while tackling a speedhump.

The sound I'm referring to mostly appears from the rear right side, almost something like an elastic rubber being stretched.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Same here , only with windows rolled down. In you case what was the elastic rubber sound , did you figure it out?
Not yet. I checked on a briskoda.net/fabia and they say the rubber beading on the door strips need lubrication. Anyway, it doesn't look like something too serious that needs attention, so I'll wait until I turn in my Fab for the first service in another 2500kms approx.

Another find was that the door handle on the front passenger side seems a little loose, so gotta check that one up too.

I did have an issue of the reverse gear not engaging smoothly, but this was rectified after a switch was replaced. Plus, one needs to come to a COMPLETE stop before even commencing to engage the reverse gear. MSIL vehicles I had driven earlier had induced this spoilt habit in me..
Old 11th January 2012, 20:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Tell me about it , its a bad habit one picks up. In fact now that you mention it the manual ( ill check it out again to confirm) there is another instruction on the manual which says something along the lines of depressing the gear a few times before actually slotting it in reverse why because it helps eliminate or reduce transmission noise.

the only thing i found , and that was today evening was that if i pull and push to boot door when shut then there is a little squeaking , which has to be the rubber lining but cannot hear it while driving.

Quote:
I did have an issue of the reverse gear not engaging smoothly, but this was rectified after a switch was replaced. Plus, one needs to come to a COMPLETE stop before even commencing to engage the reverse gear. MSIL vehicles I had driven earlier had induced this spoilt habit in me..
Old 11th January 2012, 22:41   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Tell me about it , its a bad habit one picks up. In fact now that you mention it the manual ( ill check it out again to confirm) there is another instruction on the manual which says something along the lines of depressing the gear a few times before actually slotting it in reverse why because it helps eliminate or reduce transmission noise.

the only thing i found , and that was today evening was that if i pull and push to boot door when shut then there is a little squeaking , which has to be the rubber lining but cannot hear it while driving.
AHA ! Well, all's good then for you mate. Wish you KMS and KMS of smiles and miles. Keep us posted on any upgrades or mods or fitments you do? I'll try and steal some of those ideas...
Old 12th January 2012, 00:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Fabia is one small car I have always liked for its look and class. Also it is different than other cars in the segment. Wish you happy miles. You got a great deal too..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks