Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Have not been able to figure it out. i just looked at an e-version of the manual and it says that the tank size is approximately 45 Liters and when the fuel warning comes on then approximately only 7 liters remain in the tank - which is fine if the range supported it - but as mentioned , it comes on without fail when the Distance to empty shows 50 kms , which if i back calculate as per the economy i have been getting should only mean about 4.5 liters max.

Hopefully someone else can contribute to this

Which foam do you use , planning to pick up one myself as well and if you have a tried and tested one on the Fabia shall pick that itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
I have the same problem with my car. Is it because there's more fuel left or the tank size is smaller than reported? Either ways I don't take chances, I refuel once the reserve warning comes on

I
I am ofcourse now in the 1000-1500 kms run in period which advises me to " Increase the power output of the engine gradually up to the full speed of the gear engaged, that is up to the maximum permissible engine revolutions." - the definition of full speed of the gear is touching the red mark on the rpm meter

Last edited by puchoo : 23rd February 2012 at 15:45.
Old 24th February 2012, 08:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Which foam do you use , planning to pick up one myself as well and if you have a tried and tested one on the Fabia shall pick that itself.
I use a SONAX High Gloss shampoo bcos I wash my car once in 2 weeks. But, if you are looking at a more frequent wash cycle than that, I'd recommend the SONAX Frequent use shampoo. It's milder than the former and retains some to the wax coating, if any.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 14:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Just did another tank up yesterday and the fuel economy this time around was 11.92 , so has climbed up by about half a liter since the last tank up.

I filled it up when the tank level came down to 3 dots - it appears at this level there are about 10 liters in the tank. Distance to empty at the time of filling up was showing about 70 Kms - i.e back - calculated to an average of 7 KMPL approximately given the quantity left , while it should have ideally been at 110 or so.

Also , in case this info proves useful to anyone - i took the car to an automatic wash on Sunday. This is located inside the petrol pump (cant remember the name) at the base of the Moolchand flyover while going towards Lajpat nagar etc. 350 for time in the auto wash , got a little waxing done as well which was another 250 - not very impressed as they did not use a machine and was done by hand. In the 350 for the wash they also use pressurized air inside the cabin to clean some of the dirt etc, the wash initself seems worth it , maybe could have been a 100 rupees or so cheaper given that the car is inside for all of 7-10 minutes.

During the pressurized air piece one of the velvet linings at the bottom of the cup holders flew off - i noticed it later and the guy in charge of my car was unable to locate it - can anyone advise if this is something readily available for purchase so i can replace it?
Old 1st March 2012, 20:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
i took the car to an automatic wash on Sunday. This is located inside the petrol pump (cant remember the name) at the base of the Moolchand flyover while going towards Lajpat nagar etc. 350 for time in the auto wash , got a little waxing done as well which was another 250 - not very impressed as they did not use a machine and was done by hand. In the 350 for the wash they also use pressurized air inside the cabin to clean some of the dirt etc, the wash initself seems worth it , maybe could have been a 100 rupees or so cheaper given that the car is inside for all of 7-10 minutes.
I use the wash station at HP petrol pump at Niti Marg near Ashok Hotel. They charge about 400 for a thorough hand wash followed by auto wash. Takes about 30 min and is worth it.

Quote:
During the pressurized air piece one of the velvet linings at the bottom of the cup holders flew off - i noticed it later and the guy in charge of my car was unable to locate it - can anyone advise if this is something readily available for purchase so i can replace it?
Happened with me too at the wash station at BP petrol pump near Race Course on Kamal Ataturk Marg... very careless of the washing guys. Service is bad too. Never went back again.

Fahrenheit Auto guys said replacement padding is not available. So I keep the My Shaldan perfume gel in the rear cup holder without the padding.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yes bad service indeed. But also surprised that the padding is not strongly held within the holder , i would have expected it to be stickier.

I am also checking with a few dealers , one of them has said he might be able to get it , if he or anyone else manages to procure them , ill just pick up a few for future contingencies as well -- shall send one across to you as well if you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Happened with me too at the wash station at BP petrol pump near Race Course on Kamal Ataturk Marg... very careless of the washing guys. Service is bad too. Never went back again.

Fahrenheit Auto guys said replacement padding is not available. So I keep the My Shaldan perfume gel in the rear cup holder without the padding.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 14:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Ok , this might sound rather dumb and idiotic but surrisingly i was unable to find any info on this so any tips are welcomed and appreciated -

How does one change the air filter on the fabia? One of the items i was very disciplined about with the Wagon R was to regularly clean the filter and change it every 5-6 months given the amount of dust that can find its way into it , i had not really given it a thought till a few days ago when i was cleaning out the engine bay of the fabia - and i was unable to locate the unit/housing in the engine.... manual does not say anything as well

anyone know anything about this?
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

2000 Km Update

Just crossed 2000 Km's this morning , overall the car is running fine and no major complaints but a few points to highlight

1. Fuel average continues to hover in the 12-12.5 range , irrespective of the fact that the AC is on now

2. There is small 'creaky' sound which has developed on the drive door. Its coming from the panel itself which i suspect has come a bit loose or maybe requires a little lubrication or something - sporadic , sometimes there and sometimes not and most often appears while taking tight turns

3. A little 'vibration' from the engine felt a few times - upon starting in the morning if i leave the car on for a few minutes to heat up before driving off then around the 2 min mark for a few seconds the entire car feels like it has a little tremor going through it - maybe a slightly clogged fuel supply - air filter perhaps?

Everything else running like clockwork but i am most keen on inspecting the air filter for the car - i have a feeling that its dirty - partly attributed to a feeling of reduced acceleration on the car - not a 100% positive at all and i am assuming so given that the Wagon R used to behave similarly once in a while and cleaning/replacing the filter used to do the trick - but two totally different cars so one never knows
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo
3. A little 'vibration' from the engine felt a few times - upon starting in the morning if i leave the car on for a few minutes to heat up before driving off then around the 2 min mark for a few seconds the entire car feels like it has a little tremor going through it - maybe a slightly clogged fuel supply - air filter perhaps?

Everything else running like clockwork but i am most keen on inspecting the air filter for the car - i have a feeling that its dirty - partly attributed to a feeling of reduced acceleration on the car - not a 100% positive at all and i am assuming so given that the Wagon R used to behave similarly once in a while and cleaning/replacing the filter used to do the trick - but two totally different cars so one never knows
Could it be the fuel quality? You could fill up from a trusted pump and see if it makes a difference. HP fuel stations on Niti Marg and Vinay Marg are two I can safely suggest.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! No harm is fueling up from another pump and shall do so next time but i dont think this could be it - i normally use 2 different pumps - to think both could have had fuel would be quite a coincidence - but will use a third just to be sure.

Any other theories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Could it be the fuel quality? You could fill up from a trusted pump and see if it makes a difference. HP fuel stations on Niti Marg and Vinay Marg are two I can safely suggest.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:05   #70
BHPian

Try upping the octane rating. Shift to premium petrol. The manual talks of 95 or higher RON petrol to be used. It clearly mentions 91 RON petrol my result in decreased engine efficiency.
Old 4th April 2012, 20:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just filled up on Speed 97 , lets see if that makes a difference - still had about 15 liters of the 91 in the car which means the effective octane rating is currently about 94.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Just filled up on Speed 97 , lets see if that makes a difference - still had about 15 liters of the 91 in the car which means the effective octane rating is currently about 94.
Way to go, buddy.

But still keep the System G bottle handy, and use alternatively.
Old 29th April 2012, 21:46   #73

Hi Puchoo,

I have been following this thread for a long time. Inspired by your and other Fabia user's experience, I am planning to buy Fabia 1.6. However, the discount that I have been quoted is very less (Rs. 30K) compared to the discount you obtained. Since I am in Delhi NCR, can you share the Dealer from where you bought your car so that I could also reach out to him.

I would have sent you a PM for this but cannot.

Thanks
Sam007
Old 30th April 2012, 11:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

I got mine through Arshia motors in CP but i would not be surprised if we dont have the same level of discounts , December was luckily a very good time and i had been informed that the same level of discounts would not be available 2012 but take a shot and see.

Let me know if you need any help of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam007 View Post
Hi Puchoo,

I have been following this thread for a long time. Inspired by your and other Fabia user's experience, I am planning to buy Fabia 1.6. However, the discount that I have been quoted is very less (Rs. 30K) compared to the discount you obtained. Since I am in Delhi NCR, can you share the Dealer from where you bought your car so that I could also reach out to him.

I would have sent you a PM for this but cannot.

Thanks
Sam007
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 12:11   #75
BHPian

Sorry for going out of thread, but some dealers have polo 1.6 and are giving more than 1l discount on the same.

Same group.

Think about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks