Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 12:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Thats quite something - how does it add upto 1 Lac ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfuion View Post
Sorry for going out of thread, but some dealers have polo 1.6 and are giving more than 1l discount on the same.

Same group.

Think about it.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:29   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Sorry for going out of thread, but some dealers have polo 1.6 and are giving more than 1l discount on the same.

Same group.

Think about it.
Wow. That would be one interesting offer - would definitely increase one's leverage with Skoda. Which NCR dealers are offering these?
Old 30th April 2012, 14:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam007 View Post
Wow. That would be one interesting offer - would definitely increase one's leverage with Skoda. Which NCR dealers are offering these?
I went to a dealer in Noida, just a passing query, and he seemed willing to go over 1l.

You could start with any dealer, and negotiate to derive the max.
Old 30th April 2012, 20:02   #79

I have been calling all the NCR dealers and am faced with a funny situation. Two of the dealers claim that this variant has been discontinued and refused any discount on the 1-2 vehicles they had in stock while the third claims that they can order one from the plant but without any discount.

If Skoda has stopped this variant then that is a pity but they should at least take it off their website and the dealer price lists.

How can they be so cavalier?
Old 1st May 2012, 15:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

I would be very surprised if they have stopped it - simply because they had some upgrades come out in Jan 2012 on the car - rear wash wiper , 15 inch alloys etc , i doubt that they would have come out with these if the intention was to stop production in 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam007 View Post
I have been calling all the NCR dealers and am faced with a funny situation. Two of the dealers claim that this variant has been discontinued and refused any discount on the 1-2 vehicles they had in stock while the third claims that they can order one from the plant but without any discount.

If Skoda has stopped this variant then that is a pity but they should at least take it off their website and the dealer price lists.

How can they be so cavalier?
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

A question for Fabia owners

Does your back seat fold UP as well? The feature list describes a "Completely folding rear seat backrest" - but in my case the seats fold up and the backrest is coming down as well and i had no clue till now

I had , on my way back from today , placed my laptop bag behind the drivers seat , while taking it out bumped the rear seat and pushed up against it and the entire thing went up like a panel. i pushed it down again thinking that i had pushed some button or lever but i manged to pick it up again without doing anything.

Slightly confused about this , this means that i can put the backrest down and push up the seat? which is fine , but atleast when i am not intending to lift the backseat up , should not there be some locking mechanism to ensure that it stays in its position when not in use?
Old 4th May 2012, 12:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Managed to figure it out

The rear seat is held down by 2 hooks on the left and the right extreme. These hooks go into a 'catch' and then one folds the seat down into its place. The description is fortunately in the manual

However the manual says there should be 4 hooks , our cars appear to have only 2 and secondly i am still unsure how a tap from the bag could upset the locking mechanism of the entire rear seat.
Old 8th May 2012, 10:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Its baffling , irrespective of how i drive and what my KP'l read out's are , Madam does not deem fit to show me anything greater than an average tank range of 460-470kms. Only once since i have had her has she show me 500 and that too after i had driven about 70 odd kms on a highway at night where i managed to notch up 18kmpl.

I cant wait to go out and see what she shows on a highway.

Difficult...... character , i like it!! :-)
Old 8th May 2012, 10:32   #84
BHPian

Don't give her the stick every time you drive.

Be gentle on the accelerator and she would be gentle on your pocket.

I am driving the Fabia these days, and I am surprised at the surprising consumption figures that it shows.

The moment you give a stick, the mileage exponentially comes down, but being gentle shows that the car is just sipping petrol.
Old 8th May 2012, 15:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

80 percent of all my driving is very sedate i.e 50kmph in the 4th/5th gear with no short bursts whatsoever. The other 20% is pure fun , difficult to have a 1.6 under your hood and be chugging along all the time!

I am not complaining about the fuel consumption one bit , i am just having a hard time figuring out the calculation which the MDI is doing which has ensured that the Distance to empty range is almost between 460-470!

Quote:
Don't give her the stick every time you drive.

Be gentle on the accelerator and she would be gentle on your pocket.

I am driving the Fabia these days, and I am surprised at the surprising consumption figures that it shows.

The moment you give a stick, the mileage exponentially comes down, but being gentle shows that the car is just sipping petrol.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
80 percent of all my driving is very sedate i.e 50kmph in the 4th/5th gear with no short bursts whatsoever. The other 20% is pure fun , difficult to have a 1.6 under your hood and be chugging along all the time!

I am not complaining about the fuel consumption one bit , i am just having a hard time figuring out the calculation which the MDI is doing which has ensured that the Distance to empty range is almost between 460-470!
Hi. I never said you were complaining.

I was sharing my initial findings with the fabia.

I am used to driving diesels. And on diesel, howsoever hard you accelerate, the consumption remains within a range of =/-20%.

But to my surprise, I found that when I drove the fabia like the fusion, the mileage figures always remained within 8-9 kmpl, but after I have driven the fabia exclusively (after I sold the fusion), I found that the fabia is a very soft car, nice when driven like a RE Bullet. Slowly. It is so fun to drive, and yields amazing FE figures.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

Yep , i clarified it just in case!

Yes i agree, the fabia can be quite good when it comes to economy , coming up with a 12-13 kmpl range every day is not hard at all even with some amount of pushing , the car has the potential to yield even better figures if one chooses to but i am glad that they have not tuned the engine entirely to support fuel economy and have left enough pep in it.

Quote:
Hi. I never said you were complaining.

I was sharing my initial findings with the fabia.

I am used to driving diesels. And on diesel, howsoever hard you accelerate, the consumption remains within a range of =/-20%.

But to my surprise, I found that when I drove the fabia like the fusion, the mileage figures always remained within 8-9 kmpl, but after I have driven the fabia exclusively (after I sold the fusion), I found that the fabia is a very soft car, nice when driven like a RE Bullet. Slowly. It is so fun to drive, and yields amazing FE figures.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:11   #88
BHPian

My 1.6 Fabia shows 7l/100kms reading on the MDI, sometimes drops to 6/100, that's approx 13-14 kmpl. In the city I drive sedately since the engine is very refined. Driving that way achieves a couple of things-safe driving within city limits, good fuel economy.
I do rip sometimes & the MDI shows 8-9l consumed per 100kms.
Unfortunately, my biwi banged the car last week into an Innova, front bumper is cracked, right head lamp is cracked, bonnet is rogered shut. Fortunately, there are no mechanical or structural damages, & overall we had availed the 0% dep insurance.
It's been a week in the workshop, but Skoda India has loads of issues to resolve within themselves & their 3rd party vendors.
Will post more as things progress.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to read about your incident but glad the zero dep is in place and please do keep us posted , hopefully they will sort it out and hope you wife is all right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
My 1.6 Fabia shows 7l/100kms reading on the MDI, sometimes drops to 6/100, that's approx 13-14 kmpl. In the city I drive sedately since the engine is very refined. Driving that way achieves a couple of things-safe driving within city limits, good fuel economy.
I do rip sometimes & the MDI shows 8-9l consumed per 100kms.
Unfortunately, my biwi banged the car last week into an Innova, front bumper is cracked, right head lamp is cracked, bonnet is rogered shut. Fortunately, there are no mechanical or structural damages, & overall we had availed the 0% dep insurance.
It's been a week in the workshop, but Skoda India has loads of issues to resolve within themselves & their 3rd party vendors.
Will post more as things progress.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:27   #90
BHPian

Thanks buddy, yeah my wife is fine, the first thing I checked when she reached home was her FACE-for traces of any powder like material if the air bags were deployed...it was a joke, but she wasn't amused..grrrr
It took Skoda an entire day to arrange a flat-bed truck to pickup our car. They have no communication between their 3rd party vendors & there's a complete lack of responsibility. Finally, there was one sane fellow on the helpline we called & he got everything arranged.
It's funny, cause we have availed the 24hr road assist package which includes car pickup , & even accommodation in a nearby hotel etc. Come to think of it, how on earth are these people going to deliver these services outside the city if they can't do it within city limits itself!!! Great products, but really funny people these are!!!

Last edited by mb_jg : 8th May 2012 at 16:29.

Most Viewed