Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 18:22   #181
BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
May be now that you are planning to sell the car, you may like to get these things addressed soon to get better value and to be fair to the car as the new owner may not know what to do.
Decision MADE. The car is going to stay. But, with the in-laws. Not that I'm blessed with a careful pair when it comes to cars, but yet it's ok to hope that the car gets its weekly dose of 10kms drive time.

On that note, the car is off for its second servicing and they've identified that the rattling glug-glug-glug noise was a faulty gearbox mount that will be replaced under warranty.

It's been a week and I hope to get the car tomorrow. Thanks for your pictorial guide on the door link. I was easily able to convince the SE that the link is the issue and not lubrication.

Puchoo-sorry to hijack your thread with my service details. But, hey- it's all about the Fabia 1.6 and I hope you don't mind me parking here a bit.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:40   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

Puchoo-sorry to hijack your thread with my service details. But, hey- it's all about the Fabia 1.6 and I hope you don't mind me parking here a bit.
Do you hear me complaining ? , glad the car is staying!!
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:05   #183
Senior - BHPian

My left side view mirror seems to be just unlucky - after taking 5 hits , it finally collapsed today when a scooter rammed it - the mirror is intact but the black/grey casing has basically gone.

was wondering if anyone knows where i can get on quickly - whether its authorized or not. Spoke to Arshia who said that it will take a while to come - they will order it and then sometime after that
Old 5th May 2013, 09:56   #184
BHPian

Just noticed that my boot light is always on. How to turn it off?
Old 7th May 2013, 11:00   #185
Senior - BHPian

Always on meaning that even when the boot is shut? Should not be a big deal just take it to the workshop and i am sure they will be able to rectify it quickly.

On a different note managed to locate a couple of people selling skoda parts , non authorized workshops with the prices being about 70% cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Just noticed that my boot light is always on. How to turn it off?
Old 7th May 2013, 19:30   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Always on meaning that even when the boot is shut? Should not be a big deal just take it to the workshop and i am sure they will be able to rectify it quickly.

On a different note managed to locate a couple of people selling skoda parts , non authorized workshops with the prices being about 70% cheaper.
Yeah even when the boot is shut and vehicle is locked.
Will see when I go to the workshop next time..

Last week did about 1800 kms over 4 days- No complaints what so ever.
Mid showed an avg of 5.8 ltr/100 km .
Full A.C. and about 150 km hills .
Old 7th May 2013, 20:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the parts are not genuine. Skoda parts are not terribly cheap even if you order them from the many european websites or from ebay like some people on the forum do. I would suggest you do a thorough check before you buy any parts.
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 11:10   #188
Senior - BHPian

I will ofcourse check that needless to say , but ev en in the event that its not genuine but it looks good enough or close enough to the original i might pick it up. This is not a mechanical part - simply a non electrical side view mirror with basic movement - i can sacrifice genuine vs non genuine in this case given that it is not going to effect performance/engine/electrics at all and that there is a difference of about 7000 INR between the two.

And just to clarify , i am happy to buy it from Skoda as well - but there are 2 problems

the first being the lack of transparency in the actual price of the product - i have a feeling they are trying to rip me off , and second is actual availability - 2 guys said i need to give them about 10 days for the part to be made available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the parts are not genuine. Skoda parts are not terribly cheap even if you order them from the many european websites or from ebay like some people on the forum do. I would suggest you do a thorough check before you buy any parts.
Old 28th June 2013, 11:11   #189
Senior - BHPian

So i decided to take up the issue of the ECU again with Skoda but this time re-igniting the conversation with a legal action possibility. Prompt response received and the car spent another few days with them - i was also given a replacement car during this time

To cut a long story short , the first few days went in the normal checks - the diagnosis came back to the ECU again. ECU replaced , car ran fine. Team from Pune flew in to look at the car and have signed it off as being ok.

The problem - and it took a mail for me to get the details - to quote from the mail " vibration was due to lean fuel mixture and to improve the injection rate "

She seems to be fine for now. The reason i got back into action on this was because i am going to be giving this car to my wife - we are selling her Ritz off because she wants this and the new baby coming home for me is the 2013 T-Jet which should be here very very soon!!
Old 4th July 2013, 15:31   #190
Senior - BHPian

Happy to update that for the most part of last week there was no problem with the car. The engine is perfectly fine , the lights still flicker a wee bit - i have written to them that while one is satisfied significantly the problem is not a 100% resolved and it is under discussion with the technical department but nevertheless i think its all sorted for the most part.
Old 10th September 2013, 13:03   #191
Senior - BHPian

Update for all those following.

The car continues to run fine and has been with my wife for the last 2-3 months now. No complaints whatsoever , she loves the bite that she gets from the Fabia now and has such a heavy foot with her that we see KMPL in single digits more often than not!!

ECU problem has not surfaced again , this is more an update from my wife rather than hands on feel given i am barely driving her.

Due for her second service soon - possibly next month.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 11:17   #192
Senior - BHPian

So an important update for everyone - the Arshia workshop in Okhla has shut down as of sometime back , just got to know today as i was calling to fix an appointment for the second servicing.

Some of the guys have left the system altogether and others have got deputed to other workshops across Delhi.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 21:19   #193
BHPian

Quote:
So an important update for everyone - the Arshia workshop in Okhla has shut down as of sometime back , just got to know today as i was calling to fix an appointment for the second servicing. .
You could checkout the new outlet of Fahrenheit Auto at Okhla Ph I. I visited the place a few weeks back for a small checkup and was highly satisfied with the response.

BTW, congratulations, Puchoo, on over 1000 extremely useful posts and a well deserved status upgrade.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:26   #194
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rajcs!!!

Okhla phase 1 would be very very convenient for me , the only thing is that the head mechanic who was looking after my car is in Faridabad now and it might be better to go to someone who has the history of the car rather than someone absolutely new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
You could checkout the new outlet of Fahrenheit Auto at Okhla Ph I. I visited the place a few weeks back for a small checkup and was highly satisfied with the response.

BTW, congratulations, Puchoo, on over 1000 extremely useful posts and a well deserved status upgrade.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:12   #195
BHPian

Second service done yesterday@ 9200 rs.

Got the 3m mats as well on the way back @ 3850 + tax bit steep but looks and feels good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks