Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 13:33   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new Skoda Fabia 1.6 comes home!

Can you give me the break up of the second servicing if possible.

Requesting Delhi owners if they could give their input on what it has cost them at the workshops here , the car is going for its second service in a few days and over the phone i have been quoted about 9000 INR including oil , filters and labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Second service done yesterday@ 9200 rs.

Got the 3m mats as well on the way back @ 3850 + tax bit steep but looks and feels good.
Old 6th November 2013, 21:45   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Requesting Delhi owners if they could give their input on what it has cost them at the workshops here , the car is going for its second service in a few days and over the phone i have been quoted about 9000 INR including oil , filters and labor.
I too paid about Rs 9000 last Dec for second year service. Details are here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3086996
Old 7th November 2013, 14:28   #198
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the link!! I think they have included 1800 odd as labor charges in the cost which will obviously be removed. And i will double check prices of filters etc on the skoda website as well prior to going.

According to the Skoda website its 7792 mins labor ( which is also listed as approx 1800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
I too paid about Rs 9000 last Dec for second year service. Details are here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3086996
Old 9th November 2013, 19:04   #199
Senior - BHPian

Got the second service done a few hours ago , details of work below for everyone's reference. Only thing is that i was asked to pay 1600 for labor which i am slightly confused about because i thought it was a free service , SA said it was not and unfortunately i was not carrying the service manual so could not cross check , would appreciate if someone could let me know. The money will be refunded i am sure just want a little clarity on it

Oil filter 379
trim ring for side mirror 779 (repair)
Fuel filter 435
Pollen filter 889
windscreen cleaner 100
Engine oil , CSTL Magnatec 37,40
Lubrication package 500
Engine treatment : 500

Additionally i got a cigarette lighter installed , cost for that was 800 for the lighter and 500 for the base. probably much cheaper in the market but wanted it done by these guys

Door stopper was making a noise , got that replaced under warranty.

Total 11,500 approx including taxes, VAT etc. A bit of a joke given that the car is only at 14,000 KMS , barely been driven a 1000 KMS in the last 4-5 months since i got the Jet but the 2 years were up hence had to be done and i dont delay such things.

I also wanted to replace my mats but i was quoted 3,600 for Fabia branded ones. Dropped the idea then and there , at those prices i would rather go with 3D. If someone knows any source to get them cheaper or any online site ( will check myself as well) would appreciate that

Last edited by puchoo : 9th November 2013 at 19:08.
Old 9th November 2013, 19:40   #200
Senior - BHPian

Car was purchased in December 2011 and you just did second servicing.

What am i missing?
Old 9th November 2013, 19:44   #201
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Car was purchased in December 2011 and you just did second servicing. What am i missing?

My Yeti was purchased in December 2011 and I am giving it for its second service next week sometime. Skoda vehicles get serviced once a year or at 15000 kms whichever comes earlier.
Old 9th November 2013, 19:49   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Only thing is that i was asked to pay 1600 for labor which i am slightly confused about because i thought it was a free service , SA said it was not and unfortunately i was not carrying the service manual so could not cross check , would appreciate if someone could let me know. The money will be refunded i am sure just want a little clarity on it
VW and Skoda do not offer any free services like Maruti. The service intervals are 15000 kms or one year which ever is earlier. If this is your second service, then they would have charged you as per paid service even in your first service.

Quote:
Engine treatment : 500
What is this? Can you please elaborate.

Quote:
Total 11,500 approx including taxes, VAT etc.
Kinda expensive.

Quote:
I also wanted to replace my mats but i was quoted 3,600 for Fabia branded ones. Dropped the idea then and there , at those prices i would rather go with 3D. If someone knows any source to get them cheaper or any online site ( will check myself as well) would appreciate that
I purchased a locally manufactured, 3D mat set for my vento (Brand - Digi Fit) online from snapdeal. costed abt 1600 or 1800. not as good as the original Kagu 3d but pretty impressive fit and material for the price.

Regards
ASVA
Old 9th November 2013, 20:13   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Car was purchased in December 2011 and you just did second servicing.

What am i missing?
As shankar wrote , cars are serviced only once a year. The Fabia goes for a check up at 7500 then its first servicing at 15,000 and then 30,000 or 2 years. In my case the car went for the check up at 5000 Kms , 1st Service at around 11,000 Kms. Post that and for most of 2013 , the running while daily has been very very short , a few Km's a day only hence why such as low figure for the 2nd servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
VW and Skoda do not offer any free services like Maruti.

What is this? Can you please elaborate.
I know , but i am confused as to why i would have a figure of 3 in my head , if it was a free check up and 1 free service that should not be something to get confused one , will refer to my booklet anyway

I actually was not informed before they did it and noticed it in the bill , thankfully the person working on my car knows the car and me for almost more than a year now and i doubt he would have put it there unless he did not really think it would help , its basically a clear wax i believe to give a shine and prevent rusting

Quote:
Kinda expensive.
Well , a clear 1200 in this was the cigarette lighter and another 800 odd for the rim which i had broken , so if one discounts those its only about 9000. Out of this 9000 almost 50% of the cost was the oil itself. So yes expensive over others but not that far out either.

Quote:
I purchased a locally manufactured, 3D mat set for my vento (Brand - Digi Fit) online from snapdeal. costed abt 1600 or 1800. not as good as the original Kagu 3d but pretty impressive fit and material for the price.
Thanks will definitely take a look.
Old 10th November 2013, 07:46   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Can you give me the break up of the second servicing if possible.

Sorry for the delyed reply, hope atleast good enough to compare now!
Air filter - 407
Oil filter -374
Pollen filter -707
Fuel filter - 430
Engine oil -2955
Consumables -543
Summer wash fluid - 63
Labour -2600
Tax -321
Vat for parts - 794
Old 21st January 2014, 12:06   #205
Senior - BHPian

The Fabia continue to be a reliable and fun car to drive , my wife with her new job is now driving it to Gurgaon every day so she is getting a decent workout these days , average mileage irrespective of conditions is about 13 KMPL.

Need to change seats / get seat covers for her , the beige is now on the verge of looking dirty and i could dry clean it but i think it it makes more sense to get covers now.
Old 18th June 2014, 19:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Not as many updates on the Fabia as i would like but very trapped given that i hardly drive the car anymore - i still pay for all it's requirements though

3rd birthday creeping up , a few more months to go for her to turn 3 and for the EMI's to end as well!!

Continues to be a strong car , there have been absolutely no problems or visits to the service center except for her last servicing which was quite a while ago , and will only be going for a normal 3rd servicing soon. There are no problems barring a couple of minor one which emerge out of usage - there is a little noise coming when the front window goes up and down , probably just need a little oiling. Need to replace the rear wiper which i only had managed to break off at some point in time.

The tyres are something which i might upgrade in a few months. There is no problem with them and have worn out as expected but 2 of them have got multiple punctures each in the last few months thanks to nails and screws lying around owing to the house being under renovation.

A long overdue 2nd birthday present finally happened , you can imagine how difficult it would be to maintain a black color in the conditions that Delhi has including the car cleaning fellows and i had decided on a polishing session anyway. It so happened that a 3M car care center opened up very close to where i am in Delhi and decided to try them out - they did a good job but the attention to detail is missing , overall rating 8/10 - will be putting up a more detailed review for them (Kailash Colony outlet) soon under the relevant thread.

This work was done sometime ago so not recent.

This is what she was looking like before

This is her restored to her former glory

To give you an idea of how massive the impact of this paint treatment was , take a look at this image - had asked them to give me a demonstration before i allowed them to touch the entire car

I also got dry-cleaning done. Not the Germi-Kleen treatment they have which i am not entire sure of in what it promises but just the basic one. Interiors are looking as good as new except for one spot on the backseat.

Additionally the front mats especially the driver's side had started to tear up so got 2 Nomad mats for the front area. You do not have to buy a complete set and can also buy one if you wish. The rest of the mats are anyway black in the Fabia hence the overall look with these 2 as such being different is absolutely fine.

Total damages in the region of 6500 INR , not too bad given the amount of work done.

The interiors are set now for another 15-18 months , the exterior is starting to develop swirls again , nothing i can do short of cleaning the car myself.

The work was done in March 2014 - so its been about 3 months , the look will probably last for another 2 months in my opinion before the swirls atleast are back completely. The "lusture" of the paint maybe 3 months before - so for me it means needing to do this treatment 2-3 times in a year to keep her looking like this , a bit too much money to spend in my opinion. Maybe 2 times is a more realistic number combined with weekly screaming at the car cleaning fellow to sustain it!

Like i mentioned earlier , 8/10 to 3M for the work but this was on one visit so maybe abnormal , the linea is planned next once she has her work sorted out.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 16:04   #207
Senior - BHPian

The Fabia continues to amble along and go about doing about doing her work and fulfilling what is expected of her without any fuss. Only issue being a flat tyre some time ago and that's it. Completes 3 years in 3 months time and will be due for another servicing soon enough. Much of the paint work i got done has dulled but both the interiors and the mats which i got from 3M are holding up well , both still look reasonably new.

Tyres holding up fine too , partly of course given the short trips that the car does for most days and there is not too much wear and tear.
Old 12th October 2014, 16:36   #208
BHPian

3rd service done. New ECU update done..although the SA was not able to explain exactly what it was he said it was do with the air fuel ratio....
Front seat track changed under guarantee from SKODA. Some campaign going on where certain VIN are identified for replacement due to rusting.
Old 13th October 2014, 01:16   #209
Senior - BHPian

The campaign has been on for a while , even mine is in the list of those identified for the front track replacement , in fact i mentioned it a few posts earlier on , except i have not managed to go and get it done so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
3rd service done. New ECU update done..although the SA was not able to explain exactly what it was he said it was do with the air fuel ratio....
Front seat track changed under guarantee from SKODA. Some campaign going on where certain VIN are identified for replacement due to rusting.
Old 20th January 2015, 16:24   #210
Senior - BHPian

No news is good news and that is the way the things have been with the Fabia since the last update , all is going well for the most part of it. Almost 38 old months old now she is not exactly a spring chicken anymore but going strong and managing to satisfy my heavy footed wife each and every day.

A few dings here and there on the bumper and a slightly moody mirror control rod for the right hand side mirror , which some WD 40 might fix but that's it. Due for it's next service now.

Did notice however this time around that the insurance premium was quite high despite the IDV of the car , i think the fact that the Fabia is out of production now possibly is influencing this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks