Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:42   #16

Re: My new car - The New Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The black Verna looks HOT! Lovely design too.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring.

Did you say 23K ?? That's some never heard before price. I don't think even V-Kool will be this expensive. I have heard of 3M prices around 5-6K for sides & rear and the front windshield one will cost around 5.5K.

You might want to check about this once again. If you have budget, I would suggest 3M for the sides & rear & V-Kool for the front one [12K or so]. Though V-Kool is expensive, it's completely worth it.
The 3M CR 70 costs Rs. 7500 for the front wind shield alone and about Rs.15K for the rest. 3M films starts from 3.5K, CR 70 is the most expensive from 3M. It lets in more visible light and reduces glare and heat. Will check out V-Kool as well. But anyways, I am not a big fan of sun films. It takes away/masks the beauty of a car...its my personal opinion.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:47   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, may you have many happy miles with it.

The color looks real good. Its got the shine and glare that make it impressive. Did you do teflon coating or is it naturally like that?
Thanks mayankjha1806.

No I did not do any coating or polish. I took the snaps just after a car wash! You might notice the floor was still wet when I took the photos. I didn't even used a car shampoo...just plain water.

FYI...my previous car Esteem was also black. I think it had more sheen than Verna!!
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looks like its fixed now, no worries.

I have the CS 20 if Im not mistaken and they do the job pretty well. If you need to go for a film you can go for these in varying levels of transparency. 23k for a sun film is an overkill IMO. You dont definitely need a front windscreen film for a car like verna.

P.S - You can use "multiquote" option when replying to several posts. You can find it under the team bhp FAQ's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandavadi View Post
Thanks bala80. I checked with the latest versions of Chrome, IE and Firefox. Was able to view this post fine. Does anyone else facing the same problem?

The 3M CR 70 seems to be expensive. I checked the same with the 3M authorised showroom and with my Hyundai dealer. The quoted the same for CR70. What type of 3M sun film did you fix?

On ICE, thanks, sure will do that.

Last edited by bala80 : 2nd January 2012 at 20:02.
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:20   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Looks like its fixed now, no worries.

I have the CS 20 if Im not mistaken and they do the job pretty well. If you need to go for a film you can go for these in varying levels of transparency. 23k for a sun film is an overkill IMO. You dont definitely need a front windscreen film for a car like verna.

P.S - You can use "multiquote" option when replying to several posts. You can find it under the team bhp FAQ's.
Thanks bala80. Will check CS 20. Multiquote is not working for me at least on Chrome or may be I am missing something here(?) Let me check the FAQs as you suggested.
Old 30th January 2012, 15:56   #20
BHPian

Re: My new car - The New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT

Hey, @gandavadi.. you could also consider changing the Head Unit to a CASKA. I fit it in my Verna and its a dream..
Attached Thumbnails
My new car - The New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT-2.jpg  

Old 30th January 2012, 21:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
Hey, @gandavadi.. you could also consider changing the Head Unit to a CASKA. I fit it in my Verna and its a dream..
Does Hyundai have a faceplate adapter for aftermarket HU like a Kenwood or a pioneer 2 DIN touch screen??? My friend is buying a Verna soon and is not at all interested in CASKA so any help on this would be appreciated!
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:17   #22
BHPian

@rambo1o1 Sorry for the late reply. Actually, the key issue is the shape of the HU cage in Fluidic Verna and the absence of any additional dummy cage for fitting any other HU. I am not aware of that particular trapezoid shape in Pioneer or Kenwood. I recommend you could check it out in Hyundai dealerships in your place of purchase. In Bangalore and Chennai, the Hyundai dealers primarily recommend CASKA because no wire cutting is needed.

Good Luck!
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandavadi View Post
ACC: This is good. But need to understand the system better. Sometimes it switches off the re-circulation mode, don’t know why. Will check the owner’s manual again later.

Missing ones (Why Hyundai…why??)
  1. Steering reach adjustment
  2. Rain sensing wipers
Regarding the AC, whenever you press the Auto switch on the ACC, the system switches off the recirculation mode. So you need to manually switch on the recirculation mode. Even my i20 ACC has the same system.

Are you sure about the omission of steering reach & rain sensing wiper. These are present even in the sportz version of AN i20 and I am sure Hyundai wouldn't have missed them in ANHV. AFAIK steering can be adjusted to rake and reach across all the variants. There is a single lever which needs to be pulled up for both the reach and rake adjustment
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Regarding the AC, whenever you press the Auto switch on the ACC, the system switches off the recirculation mode. So you need to manually switch on the recirculation mode. Even my i20 ACC has the same system.

Are you sure about the omission of steering reach & rain sensing wiper. These are present even in the sportz version of AN i20 and I am sure Hyundai wouldn't have missed them in ANHV. AFAIK steering can be adjusted to rake and reach across all the variants. There is a single lever which needs to be pulled up for both the reach and rake adjustment
When you press Auto, if the cabin temperature is below the temperature set on the ACC, then the fresh air mode comes on. For example, if you have set the ACC for 23 Deg and the cabin temp is at, say, 21 deg, then the fresh air mode will activate to get the cabin temperature up to 23 deg and then go back to re-circulation mode. You can override it by pressing the recirc button.

The fluidic verna does not have the reach adjustment and rain sensing wipers even in the SX(O). One of my gripes as well.
Old 24th July 2012, 11:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
That is an amazingly seamless integration of CASKA HU. I am planning on purchasing the ANHV and plan to upgrade the music system to CASKA same as yours. Where can I purchase it? Is it avaliable with Hyundai? Does the rear camera, steering controls work with the HU? A reply is much appreciated.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaildurrani View Post
That is an amazingly seamless integration of CASKA HU. I am planning on purchasing the ANHV and plan to upgrade the music system to CASKA same as yours. Where can I purchase it? Is it avaliable with Hyundai? Does the rear camera, steering controls work with the HU? A reply is much appreciated.
@suhaildurrani Here you are -

1. Best purchased through the showroom where you want to pickup your Verna. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, please be careful of ANY wire cutting or else Hyundai will give you a hard time with warranty on electricals.

2. Hyundai does not directly sell any aftermarket product (that's why they are called "after"market!). Their approved dealers allow CASKA HU to be sold as an aftermarket upgrade for the "good-but-basic" HU that comes OEM fit from the factory. I got mine from Avadesh at Trident Hyundai, Cauvery junction in Bangalore. Let me know if I can help you negotiate price since I know most of the Trident sales guys.

3. ALL steering functions of the OEM HU work with the CASKA HU without any wire cutting (provided you use the CASKA authorized fitting technician at the Hyundai showroom or service center). Volume control, track change, full bluetooth features (call pickup/drop/mute), Rear Cam display is in the HU.

A note: If you pickup the SX(O), then the rear cam is already installed and displays in the internal RearView mirror, so that feature will not be added. For the non SX(O) models, this is a very cost effective feature upgrade.

4. Only the iPod jack in (next to the Cigarette lighter socket) will be replaced with a Apple approved cable which ends up inside the glove box. You have to take the trouble of hooking up your iPod inside the glove box. (I found this useful since it leaves the mobile parking bay free for mobiles.)

Additional functions added in CASKA HU:

1. Default MapMyIndia SD Card with maps of 1000 Indian cities and towns including major highways - works very well as long as you follow instruction manual. I find it perfect for point A to point B navigation (the voice guide is incredibly sexy with an American accent ).

2. Virtual CD - a feature which allows you to rip favorite tracks from a CD into the HU internal memory. Mine was good for up to 40 all time favorite MP3 tracks.

3. Additional high gain micrphone clips on to the roof lining just above the steering for picking up even normal voice levels during a phone conversation.

4. IMO the rear camera of CASKA is much better than the OEM one fitted in the SX(O) models it is a much wider angle (150 Degrees) with excellent night vision (supports even pitch dark reverse parking).

5. The CASKA HU comes with a additional SD card slot (up to 8GB supported - Transcend or Samsung only). I have stored over 500 MP3 songs in them and works like a dream.

6. Allows single switch change over from DVD/CD to USB to SD Card without any problem.

The Bluetooth integration of the phone to HU is MUCH better than the OEM HU. Its fast, connects every time and does not drop out when you restart the engine at long traffic signals.

Finally, CASKA has brought a new generation Andriod OS HU (same model). Do ask specifically or the latest - in case they push an older WinCE model on you.

Hope this helps! Cheers and drive safe...
allinbalance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 13:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
When you press Auto, if the cabin temperature is below the temperature set on the ACC, then the fresh air mode comes on. For example, if you have set the ACC for 23 Deg and the cabin temp is at, say, 21 deg, then the fresh air mode will activate to get the cabin temperature up to 23 deg and then go back to re-circulation mode. You can override it by pressing the recirc button.

The fluidic verna does not have the reach adjustment and rain sensing wipers even in the SX(O). One of my gripes as well.
@Shome Correct on all three counts. I concur.

The absence of rain sensors on a INR 1 million+ (on road Bangalore) car is just not on.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
@suhaildurrani Here you are -

1. Best purchased through the showroom where you want to pickup your Verna. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, please be careful of ANY wire cutting or else Hyundai will give you a hard time with warranty on electricals.

2. Hyundai does not directly sell any aftermarket product (that's why they are called "after"market!). Their approved dealers allow CASKA HU to be sold as an aftermarket upgrade for the "good-but-basic" HU that comes OEM fit from the factory. I got mine from Avadesh at Trident Hyundai, Cauvery junction in Bangalore. Let me know if I can help you negotiate price since I know most of the Trident sales guys.

3. ALL steering functions of the OEM HU work with the CASKA HU without any wire cutting (provided you use the CASKA authorized fitting technician at the Hyundai showroom or service center). Volume control, track change, full bluetooth features (call pickup/drop/mute), Rear Cam display is in the HU.

A note: If you pickup the SX(O), then the rear cam is already installed and displays in the internal RearView mirror, so that feature will not be added. For the non SX(O) models, this is a very cost effective feature upgrade.

4. Only the iPod jack in (next to the Cigarette lighter socket) will be replaced with a Apple approved cable which ends up inside the glove box. You have to take the trouble of hooking up your iPod inside the glove box. (I found this useful since it leaves the mobile parking bay free for mobiles.)

Additional functions added in CASKA HU:

1. Default MapMyIndia SD Card with maps of 1000 Indian cities and towns including major highways - works very well as long as you follow instruction manual. I find it perfect for point A to point B navigation (the voice guide is incredibly sexy with an American accent ).

2. Virtual CD - a feature which allows you to rip favorite tracks from a CD into the HU internal memory. Mine was good for up to 40 all time favorite MP3 tracks.

3. Additional high gain micrphone clips on to the roof lining just above the steering for picking up even normal voice levels during a phone conversation.

4. IMO the rear camera of CASKA is much better than the OEM one fitted in the SX(O) models it is a much wider angle (150 Degrees) with excellent night vision (supports even pitch dark reverse parking).

5. The CASKA HU comes with a additional SD card slot (up to 8GB supported - Transcend or Samsung only). I have stored over 500 MP3 songs in them and works like a dream.

6. Allows single switch change over from DVD/CD to USB to SD Card without any problem.

The Bluetooth integration of the phone to HU is MUCH better than the OEM HU. Its fast, connects every time and does not drop out when you restart the engine at long traffic signals.

Finally, CASKA has brought a new generation Andriod OS HU (same model). Do ask specifically or the latest - in case they push an older WinCE model on you.

Hope this helps! Cheers and drive safe...
@allinbalance..

Thank you for the detailed insight on your HU. Your response has replied to lot of queried that I had saved for later.

I am glad to hear the HU works like a charm in your ANHV. Also, I would like to correct you that the rear camera comes standard even in the SX model and it is not limited to SX(O). Just FYI.

Regarding the iPod re-positioning, will the default USB still be available at its original position? or will it be re-mounted? Also, is the new 'Apple approved cable' compatible with an iPhone 4S? Because in my i20 it doesn't support and I believe its the same accessory even in the ANHV.

Finally, is there any model number that I should be aware of? Like which one to prefer and which one to stay away from? I heard Hyundai cars suffered with some 'dated HU' problems.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaildurrani View Post
@allinbalance..

I am glad to hear the HU works like a charm in your ANHV. Also, I would like to correct you that the rear camera comes standard even in the SX model and it is not limited to SX(O). Just FYI.

Regarding the iPod re-positioning, will the default USB still be available at its original position? or will it be re-mounted? Also, is the new 'Apple approved cable' compatible with an iPhone 4S? Because in my i20 it doesn't support and I believe its the same accessory even in the ANHV.

Finally, is there any model number that I should be aware of? Like which one to prefer and which one to stay away from? I heard Hyundai cars suffered with some 'dated HU' problems.
@suhaildurrani Yes, you are right. SX and SX(O) have RearCam on mirror. However, I still maintain that the OE RearCam does not hold a candle to the CASKA RearCam (better wide angle, larger display screen).

USB remains where it is - no change.

I have not checked the cable for iPhone 4S (not much of an Apple fan), however my daughter's 2011 iPod works just fine. You might want to check it up with the technician before you pay for it.

You may know that AutoTrendz is sole importer/distributor for CASKA in India and make 50% sales direct from AutoTrendz stores and 50% through dealership tie ups. If you can reach our to AutoTrendz they might be able to guide you to any local direct store (if they have any - I'm not aware of it) - you might get a cheaper deal than at Hyundai dealership.

The model commonly installed in Hyundai Fluidic Verna is CO-AT270-SS or CO-AT193-A. Now, the series I had installed about 7 months ago is called D-106 series within that model.

However, in those same two common models, the iNet series (3G, Wi-Fi, UBLOX/3D navigation, Opera Browser, Full HD video + all existing D series features) has been launched in WinCE OS version. The Andriod version is only on sale in China.

CO-AT270-SS/iNet or CO-AT193-A/iNet will do you fine.

Hope this helps.. Cheers and drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks