Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 11:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dream Comes True -: Tata Safari LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I respect your logic and agree to it. But in general seat covers are put to protect the actual seat material from stains and dirt etc.
I used my Safari almost 10 months without seat covers. Off late it started staining. We went to Munnar and Ooty with 7 family member and returned with little stained seats.

Got it cleaned from nearby drycleaner (they came with some chemical and cleaned the seat).

Later, I went and fitted seat covers in my Safari. I will just say that fitting of your seat covers in not upto the mark and it looks quite loose from all side. Please check mine and even after 7 - 8 months it holds properly in its place. This is ART leather seat cover.

Last edited by anujmishra : 13th February 2012 at 11:03.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I used my Safari almost 10 months without seat covers. Off late it started staining. We went to Munnar and Ooty with 7 family member and returned with little stained seats.

Got it cleaned from nearby drycleaner (they came with some chemical and cleaned the seat).

Later, I went and fitted seat covers in my Safari. I will just say that fitting of your seat covers in not upto the mark and it looks quite loose from all side. Please check mine and even after 7 - 8 months it holds properly in its place. This is ART leather seat cover.

I agree but I dont want those people to remove the seat covers and again install them. And quite possible in the process they might break something or stuff like that. These people do it very roughly. But yes after it has completed couple of months I will get them fitted properly. I cannot blame them completely as on 30th Dec they sold many cars.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 15:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Well, with that logic, one shouldn't be using bed-sheets/ bed-spreads over a new mattress !
Under normal circumstances a bed would not be called a bed without a bed-spread, its a basic norm that societies adhere to, as people are not supposed to sleep on a bare mattress. A car seat is fabricated just so that the owner can sit on it without covering it with a cover.

I'm desperately trying my logic to make sense here
Old 27th February 2012, 12:08   #49
BHPian

Yesterday did a trip to Nawabganj. It is approximately 30 Kms from Lucknow one way. So now the odo reading stands at 1072 Kms. It performed exceptionally well and the engine noise has reduced a little bit. We were a total of 5 people. Middle row comfort was excellent. Yesterday for the first time used AC. The blower noise is negligible till 2nd speed but after that becomes noisy. It cooled the cabin in no time. Excellent AC I must say. Will post the pics of skid plates in a day or two that I clicked.
Old 14th March 2012, 15:47   #50
BHPian

Nothing to update actually as Safari is performing its duty well. But whenever I turn the steering to either left or right there is some noise which comes. What could be the reason?

I am also planning to install a reverse camera. But guys please tell me what is the procedure? Will they drill hole in the bumper?
Old 14th March 2012, 17:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
But whenever I turn the steering to either left or right there is some noise which comes. What could be the reason?
If its a hissing sound then it is normal in safari. dont worry.. If you are getting some metal rubbing sound then there could be a leak of the power steering fluid. Better have it checked if so.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th March 2012 at 19:29. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Pranjal, saw your thread just now and congrats on your purchase enjoy the ride
Old 14th March 2012, 19:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
But whenever I turn the steering to either left or right there is some noise which comes. What could be the reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
If its a hissing sound then it is normal in safari. dont worry.. If you are getting some metal rubbing sound then there could be a leak of the power steering fluid. Better have it checked if so.
Yes it resembles sound of something like metal. Will get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Pranjal, saw your thread just now and congrats on your purchase enjoy the ride
Thanks and yes am really enjoing it fully.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th March 2012 at 19:28. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 14th March 2012, 19:21   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Yes it resembles sound of something like metal. Will get it checked.

Thanks and yes am really enjoing it fully.
Congrats on the Safari

"CLANG"

That noise is from the idle arm, not an issue per se.

Get the turning radius reduced a little, that noise will vanish.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th March 2012 at 19:27. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 19:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats on the Safari

"CLANG"

That noise is from the idle arm, not an issue per se.

Get the turning radius reduced a little, that noise will vanish.
Phew nothing major. Even if I dont get it checked then will it be alright? Am really happy that I have not got a lemon just like Grande. Really love the respect it commands on road.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 16:10   #56
BHPian

Guys need your help. My driver informed me that brakes of Safari failed. They were not working unless the brake pedal was pressed fully. Also the brake pedal has become quite loose. As I was not present in the car I cannot tell exactly what happened. He said that some warning signal also came up. What should I do. For the time being I have asked him to fill some brake oil.
Old 18th March 2012, 18:10   #57
BHPian

The brakes are now working absolutely fine after I filled the brake oil. Dont know how the brake oil became less. No leakage nothing but oil was less. Relaxed now as the problem is solved.
Old 19th March 2012, 14:01   #58
BANNED

Quote:
The brakes are now working absolutely fine after I filled the brake oil. Dont know how the brake oil became less. No leakage nothing but oil was less. Relaxed now as the problem is solved.
Brakes cannot fail if unless there is a leak in the system somewhere, which resulted in loss of air/oil.

I would strongly advise you get this checked by a competent ASC/mechanic and follow the path of elimination by checking each component individually.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 14:42   #59
BHPian

Will get it checked but there was/is no oil on the floor of my Garage. Today drove it and brakes worked fine. I dont want to take the car to TASS. I will take it to my trusted mechanic.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

^^ Could you get the disc brake pads inspected for excess wear, & replacement of these with newer ones could improve the vehicle's problem (this IMO is a problem with the disc brakes only).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks