Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 17:05   #61
BHPian

Re: From upcoming 2012 launches to a decade old model - my Chevrolet Optra Magnum thr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroXidE View Post
@Chetan, I too had it setup from Car Kemp.

I however face one problem. The Xenos display mount takes about 5 seconds to start up and shows a Xenos splash screen in that duration, before switching to the camera display.
Like @Tassem has mentioned, there is no lag in my installation - there is hardly a gap of about 1 to <2 secs before the screen shows the video display. When I manually switch on the instrument, I get the Xenos splash screen for a few seconds but this does not happen when I engage the reverse gear

Quote:
Also, I asked him if it can be directly wired to the power itself, such that when the screen is powered on, the reverse camera is engaged, irrsepective of whether you are in reverse gear. He said, the reverse camera is powered by the reverse gear lights and it's best kept that way.

Can you please let me know if your setup is similar and you face the same issues? TIA.
My setup is similar to yours. I have introduced a switch to power on/off the system - I actually wanted this switch to engage the display even without engaging the reverse gear - this should be doable. But the installation guy got it mixed up. I was getting late and wanted to change the wiring on a next visit - as you would expect, that visit has not taken place yet!
chetan_l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 12:47   #62

Re: From upcoming 2012 launches to a decade old model - my Chevrolet Optra Magnum thr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Nope, It switches on the moment I touch the panel. No splash screen. Also, my unit just has a Xenos sticker on it. No other branding. Its inevitably a chinese product rebranded by Xenos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan_l View Post
Like @Tassem has mentioned, there is no lag in my installation - there is hardly a gap of about 1 to <2 secs before the screen shows the video display. When I manually switch on the instrument, I get the Xenos splash screen for a few seconds but this does not happen when I engage the reverse gear
Thanks Tassem and Chetan for your feedback.

I visited Car Kemp once again as the reverse camera setup kept malfunctioning. It turned out that the 'new' Xenos camera was a faulty one. I had to get it replaced under warranty after having all the wiring re-checked.

Yep, the model I have does seem to be different. The display unit I have is http://www.xenos.co.in/rvm-7bt-us.html

In this, the Xenos logo is on the black plastic to the left of the screen, right at the bottom. There is no sticker/logo under the screen.

I also navigated through all settings in the display unit. I couldn't find an option to disable the initial splash screen. It glows for exactly 5 seconds at the time of power-on. So, this is not a good option if I get it to switch on by directly engaging reverse.

I now manually turn on the display unit (power button on the display). Once it's powered on, the display switches to the reverse camera immediately (1 sec) on engaging reverse gear and it's fast enough when I need to constantly switch between 1st and reverse.

I'll post photographs later.
Thanks so much for your replies.. .. cheers.
Old 17th January 2013, 13:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
The display unit I have is http://www.xenos.co.in/rvm-7bt-us.html
Have they stopped selling the model without the USB input? Mine does not come with the USB input. But looks similar to the one on the link you posted.

I guess they can mess around with the firmware easily in this model. I've seen some forums where people flash this unit via USB and add custom text et all. Search a few of the international forums and you may find a solution to stop the flash screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks