Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 15:47   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012 EDIT: Sold!

If I had the cash I would buy any one of these specially configurated Skoda Yeti's. Did the configuration from their UK Website just for fun.
Wonder whether Skoda will offer their 170 PS variant here with DSG and panoramic sunroof and all the other extra fiddlies as an L&K Variant.
Wish they would.

That would be a perfect upgrade for me after some years. Else it has to be either the VW Tiguan top spec if and when they introduce it here OR the Audi Q3.

Nice to have some pipe dreams now and then!
Old 28th January 2012, 13:39   #62
BANNED

One more update on my Silver LittleBigFoot.
A trip meter reading of 521 kms since I filled up diesel last (31 litres).
Today I filled 34 litres of Diesel to bring the tank back to full. This means 15.32kmpl, which I think is truly lovely for a 4x4 crossover mini SUV type vehicle.
These Skoda engines are really good from what I am experiencing.
This driving cycle has involved the Madras -Bangalore highway at normal highway speeds of 90-120kmph including some bits of heavy traffic on the exit from Madras, pit stop in Vellore, lousy traffic near Hosur and the entry to Bangalore where the average speeds obviously went down to 20-50kmph in lower gears, coupled with a few short bursts of 140-150-160kmph as well.
It has also involved the last one week's buzzing around in Bangalore city in the normal start stop traffic. The AC has been on all the time - in this vehicle I do not roll down the windows and switch the AC off ever. If at all, it is for very short periods just to air out the car.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:09   #63
BHPian

Shankar,

Glad to see that you are really enjoying your Yeti. I was travelling and looks like i missed a lot of action here.

This thread is proving to be very informative for potential Yeti buyers. Great job with your posts.
Old 6th February 2012, 17:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One more update on my Silver LittleBigFoot.
A trip meter reading of 521 kms since I filled up diesel last (31 litres).
Today I filled 34 litres of Diesel to bring the tank back to full. This means 15.32kmpl, which I think is truly lovely for a 4x4 crossover mini SUV type vehicle.
These Skoda engines are really good from what I am experiencing.
This driving cycle has involved the Madras -Bangalore highway at normal highway speeds of 90-120kmph including some bits of heavy traffic on the exit from Madras, pit stop in Vellore, lousy traffic near Hosur and the entry to Bangalore where the average speeds obviously went down to 20-50kmph in lower gears, coupled with a few short bursts of 140-150-160kmph as well.
It has also involved the last one week's buzzing around in Bangalore city in the normal start stop traffic. The AC has been on all the time - in this vehicle I do not roll down the windows and switch the AC off ever. If at all, it is for very short periods just to air out the car.
Hi Shankar,

I'm trying to get 3D mats for the yeti and know someone very well at DRIFT koromangala who has still not found the custom made ones. Would you know of any place else i can get these? Thanks once again..
Old 6th February 2012, 18:47   #65
BANNED

Hi. I believe hot tracks on Victoria Road near India Garage service centre is the exclusive distributor of these 3D mats. Even I would like a set of these as the free ones the dealer gave me aren't all that great per se. What do you say to popping over one of these days to hot tracks and trying to wangle a bit of a price off for 2 sets of these?
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhead View Post
Hi Shankar,

I'm trying to get 3D mats for the yeti and know someone very well at DRIFT koromangala who has still not found the custom made ones. Would you know of any place else i can get these? Thanks once again..
Another small update. I went for golf at Eagleton on Saturday last and took the Yeti upto 170kmph for short bursts on the NICE road in the early morning around 6am. I must say that the vehicle behaves excellently at such speeds. One hardly feels the speed, it is so very stable indeed.
Just FYI.
Cheers!

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2012 at 15:37. Reason: Merging both your posts.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I believe hot tracks on Victoria Road near India Garage service centre is the exclusive distributor of these 3D mats. Even I would like a set of these as the free ones the dealer gave me aren't all that great per se. What do you say to popping over one of these days to hot tracks and trying to wangle a bit of a price off for 2 sets of these?
Cheers!

Another small update. I went for golf at Eagleton on Saturday last and took the Yeti upto 170kmph for short bursts on the NICE road in the early morning around 6am. I must say that the vehicle behaves excellently at such speeds. One hardly feels the speed, it is so very stable indeed.
Just FYI.
Cheers!
Hi Shankar - Great idea! I can do either fri or over the wknd.. Let me know what suits you as well..
Demonhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 19:29   #67
BANNED

PM me your mobile number and we will connect and fix this
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhead View Post
Hi Shankar - Great idea! I can do either fri or over the wknd.. Let me know what suits you as well..
Old 7th February 2012, 19:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PM me your mobile number and we will connect and fix this
cheers
Sorry for interfering but newbies can not send PMs.
Old 9th February 2012, 20:35   #69
BANNED

I ve been using the Yeti these last few days as a ute should. My dogs have gone to the vet in it and I ve chucked a lot of stuff in the back etc.
Excellent! While I can take only one dog at a time, they are far more comfy in this vehicle than in my old Scorpio, largely on account of the good ride characteristics. They sit quite happily in the dicky area and there's no problem at all. I have lined the boot space with a couple of washable Yoga mats which serve admirably as a liner!
Old 10th February 2012, 16:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I ve been using the Yeti these last few days as a ute should. My dogs have gone to the vet in it and I ve chucked a lot of stuff in the back etc.
Excellent! While I can take only one dog at a time, they are far more comfy in this vehicle than in my old Scorpio, largely on account of the good ride characteristics. They sit quite happily in the dicky area and there's no problem at all. I have lined the boot space with a couple of washable Yoga mats which serve admirably as a liner!
Hi Shankar-

Guess you can even do a round of Yoga on the Yeti while on the move if we are to go by the Topgear "Tatooing" video. So having the mats might come in handy someday .

I guess it is time for the next installment of pics of the Silver bigfoot. Since the Yeti remains out of reach for me now, I will have to be content in looking at fellow BHPians Yeti pics. Keep them coming.

cheers,
Old 10th February 2012, 16:13   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One more good use of the Yoga Mats I have found in my Yeti, besides the boot lining is that I have cut it in shaped pieces and placed them under the floor footmats. They help in reducing the road vibrations being transmitted to the feet and help increase comfort! I feel that it should also help in road noise reduction, though I have no means to test this!

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 10th February 2012, 19:20   #72
BANNED

You should see how dirty and dusty it is! I havent bothered cleaning it these last 2 weeks now.
And the rear dicky area is full of paw prints.
After my dog's round of treatment on Sunday or so I shall apply brush and soap to the car!
I just filled up diesel today - 39 litres. The vehicle had done about 486 kms in the last couple of weeks between fillings. Mostly start stop city traffic and a couple of good runs on the good roads - once to Eagleton and back and again a couple of times on the Varthur road from Whitefield and back to my home. So an average of about 12.3kmpl. Quite low but I have been gunning it on the good roads and anyway on the bad roads the vehicle does mostly low gear work. Took it off road also for a bit to demonstrate it to my pal - basically one of those heavily broken back roads and mud hills near where I live where some big construction is going to come up. It works brilliantly but low gear means high fuel consumption.

Behemoth Hi!
I m planning to buy and fit those KAGU 3D Mats and chuck out the existing rubber mats that the dealer gave me. I think the Kagu ones are the way to go forward because while they may be expensive, they are of a very high quality indeed and I like them.
The rear can manage with the Yoga Mats for now. Good for big bad wolves like my pets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Hi Shankar-

Guess you can even do a round of Yoga on the Yeti while on the move if we are to go by the Topgear "Tatooing" video. So having the mats might come in handy someday .

I guess it is time for the next installment of pics of the Silver bigfoot. Since the Yeti remains out of reach for me now, I will have to be content in looking at fellow BHPians Yeti pics. Keep them coming.

cheers,

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th February 2012 at 19:23.
Old 10th February 2012, 20:09   #73
BHPian

Quote:
You should see how dirty and dusty it is! I havent bothered cleaning it these last 2 weeks now.
And the rear dicky area is full of paw prints.
After my dog's round of treatment on Sunday or so I shall apply brush and soap to the car!
Well, I guess the Yeti would look its part with all the dust and grime. More of the "Into the wild" look with the raw appeal of been there done that.

Who cares if it were in the backroads of the "city of boiled beans" or in the wilderness of the himalayas, as long as it wears that weathered look, the Yeti should rock!
Old 10th February 2012, 22:00   #74
BANNED

Yes the city of boiled beans and humongous speed breakers and now mms-gate as well!
Personally it's no skin off my nose when the Yeti gets dirty. A car needs to be used properly when one owns it, which is what I am diligently trying to do!
Cheers!
Old 12th February 2012, 18:25   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Cheers!
Hey Shankar, did you get those 3d mats installed? I too am thinking of getting them for Hariya so let me know if you want to combine the deal. In case you already got them, do let me know the price so that I can get them at the same place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks