Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 13:01   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Does not necessarily mean it has to have the same attributes. Compare the NHC to the OHC.
GTO
actually i quite like the corsa except for it's engine. it was solid and behaved well over potholes and speedbreakers.

take the corsa, put in a easy revving power plant like the Vtec, nice interiors (I think the Aveo LT is quite good here) and the NHC will have competition. Poor Fiesta.
Old 5th April 2006, 13:18   #47
BHPian

Niggling dashboard shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
7) The car is very comfortable for average height persons, and a little pain for the taller ones as the shapes of the dashboard will sure hurt the knee when u try to get in.

Overall it’s a nice car, nothing can stop you buying the car if u have the money.

Hi,

I had a similar view on the car..visited the showroom in Bangalore last week and checked it out. Found it banged my knee..see the pic to get an idea of what i mean..(circled in red)

Decided against the test drive, since I believe that this shape will irritate, especially on long drives..of course there is the school of thought that u get used to it..like drinking beer

Anyone else had this problem? Otherwise I quite liked the car.

Cheers
Spyder

Last edited by Spyder : 5th April 2006 at 13:21.
Old 5th April 2006, 14:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
Anyone else had this problem? Otherwise I quite liked the car.
Ditto here - even I am 6-foot plus. Though, when I pushed the seat back a lot, and lowered the steering wheel to lowest position - it was manageable. Though I would not like this driving position in city traffic - perhaps on the highways while cruising.

Quote:
In terms of the Interiors, bye-bye NHC and hello Aveo.
I am sure that who ever owns NHC will also praise aveo's interiors.
The way they have blended the stereo with the dashboard is a great work done and also the quality of the interiors looks much costlier than it may be.
I would request the Existing NHC owners to have a look at Aveo's interiors and give their opinions as it would help guys like me who are deciding for a mid segment car.
The Aveo definitely has good interiors, I would rate it on par with the NHC here, and much better than the Fiesta. But where it might lose out is on the ergonomics and the space front.

I dont prefer the wrong sided stalks and the bang-in-the-middle horn. Also, the A/C controls are placed too low - one has to reach down for them.
But one may get used to it eventually.

And while tall guys like me may have some issues with space in Aveo, that will never be an issue for anybody in an NHC.

Plus, the optitron meter in the NHC takes the cake for me - since the speedo is one part in the interiors where you look at at least 50% of the time, it helps if its great looking.

Quote:
I mean look at the pathetic looking system fitted in NHC ( both zxi & vtec), aveo has a far more better system in terms of quality & looks.
Both ICE systems in Aveo and in NHC vtec are no great shakes. While the NHC vtec lacks dynamic range and treble, the Aveo lets down in the Bass department.
And I find the silver console in the Vtec far better looking than the ugly black thing in Aveo.
Old 5th April 2006, 16:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

With the Stereo in the Aveo LT so integrated to dash can one put a aftermarket one in?

wrong side stalks? hey I love them. We have been driving Opels and Skodas so are used to them. just kidding i know most of the rest of you have the stalks reversed as opposed to the Opels. Still the Aveo looks sorta plasticky.
Old 5th April 2006, 16:47   #50
BHPian

Can someone comments on the NVH levels of the Aveo and how does that compare with Fiesta and NHC?

Thanks

-Sumit
Old 5th April 2006, 17:19   #51
BANNED

This is just another 'mixed from all the bags Car' from the GM stable.
NO NO NO! ! ! We dont deserve this type of cars. They launched the highly reputed Brand CHEVROLET here but have not launched even 1 'real' Chevrolet. They just bring us 'From the sickbed' Korean cars doing some hefty shots of botox, lipstick, glycerine and steroids etc.. in it. And they just hope that Indians are duped into this blindfolding trick and get happy when their cars get sold in no time.

I think it's time they stopped this game and gave us some 'really' good cars. It's not something which GM does'nt have with them. They have plenty of great cars under their Belt. They just dont want to do that sort of investments in India. Now that's really shame on GM.

The Only good car they launched in India was the Forrester. And that car did'nt have much of brainwork done for it to be a success in India. It's all just the sign that GM is not really serious about India. They just want to make their presence in this flourishing Market. Hope they'll soon start singing a nice tune that everybody can enjoy! ie. SOOTHING, BEAUTIFUL AND of course, ORIGINAL! ! !
Old 5th April 2006, 17:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
With the Stereo in the Aveo LT so integrated to dash can one put a aftermarket one in?
It is possible - though the face-plate needs to be of the exact same size to give a decent appearance.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

wrong side stalks? hey I love them. We have been driving Opels and Skodas so are used to them. just kidding i know most of the rest of you have the stalks reversed as opposed to the Opels. Still the Aveo looks sorta plasticky.
It even takes double din and tweeters pods on A pillar
Old 5th April 2006, 18:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
The Only good car they launched in India was the Forrester. And that car did'nt have much of brainwork done for it to be a success in India. It's all just the sign that GM is not really serious about India. They just want to make their presence in this flourishing Market. Hope they'll soon start singing a nice tune that everybody can enjoy! ie. SOOTHING, BEAUTIFUL AND of course, ORIGINAL! ! !

totally agree ... forrester was brilliant ... so was the vectra.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

If you increase the steering height to the max then the leg wont touch.
Old 5th April 2006, 19:24   #56
BHPian

My comment

Hi All,
I also checked out the New Aveo when i visited Pashankar Auto Pune last week. I did not get a test drive as the day was very busy day for them giving deliveries. Hopefully i get a test drive this week while taking delivery of our tavera.

Aveo has excellent interiors and very spacious. Completely a new look for indian roads.

But few things i have notice were not in favour for it, Although the steering is adjustable, its position was not very comfortable for me especially for long drives (i feel). I am not for sure how most of u has felt about it but inspite of being a 6 footer i had to raise my arms to hold the steering.

I agree with JKDAS there is some wide open space between the front grill(radiator) and the engine' which easily can accomodate a mide sized dog.

Wonder why that space is left vacant for.
Old 6th April 2006, 16:24   #57
BHPian

GM is here with a purpose and with extremely competitive pricing, it offers more than what the competition offers. NHC ZX is surely costly. It does pinch me to shell out 8.5 on road and not even get the ABS and other safety, tubeless tyres etc features. Besides it has very lowest power though fuel efficiency is best among competition.

GM plans to sell more units by its competitive pricing by keeping its margins low. After all it is making losses in the US, so it has kept a good watch on its situation and made an offer which cannot be reduced. Come on monopolistic companies always charge more and give less be it Nokia, Honda or any other international brand.

I am sure than NHC owners who just bought the new HC within the last 2-3 months must be moaning after seeing the Aveo offer so much. If you have any such real life experience with such people do share them.

It's not that the NHC is not worth it. It is. It's resale value is also high so it makes sense to invest in it and after 5-6 years you'll still get good price but still somehow customers feel that they should have been offered more value for their money.

I think the best way would be to compute initial investment, take depreciation in mind, then calculate the cost of petrol used for your requirements on an average, add the payments of EMI, find out the total cost, and take the resale value and add the cost of maintenance to find the net loss for all brand of cars shortlisted. That way the one with the least cost would be the best option. But finding the resale cost of Fiesta and Aveo might be difficult today.

Any suggestions?
Old 7th April 2006, 10:44   #58
BHPian

Couple of months ago , there was a brilliant article in one of the Auto magazines.. can't recall which one on the true cost of ownership that included some of the parameters that 'Tech' mentioned. They even included a list of cars according to that parameters.

Wonder with so many new cars, whether they should repeat the exercise again?

-Sumit
Old 8th April 2006, 15:06   #59
BHPian

The true cost of ownership which is being mentioned here is a simple Financial Management technique to find the Return on Investment in a Financial Project. This is just a financial angle to the investment in a car. Each car is going to be depreciated. So basis the initial investment and final loss, the one where you lose the least and also considering the loss to investment ratio being the least is the best investment.
Old 8th April 2006, 15:20   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tech,

Excellent take on the NHCs value proposition in your post no.57. Very well said!

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks