Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 22:25   #46
BHPian

Re: The story of true love, and a pre-worshipped W124

Got a surge of nostalgia reading your thread, as my family used to own the same car when I was a kid (not sure of the manufacturing year though - will have to ask my dad).

We have driven around in it a lot and I still remember the elegance and poise of this car that the later model (with the rounded headlamps) simply could not match.

I realize it's an old thread, but still - congrats.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 23:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
Malik it is

As for the 93, I think the benchmark makes all the difference. I have always used 91 (premium) in the past, so 93 is better.

I've tried 97 once - it makes the car seems way smoother, but Rs. 94/L is too much for a daily drive car!
The fuel economy with 97 is higher though. It gives 8.5+.

Since the RON requirement is 95, why don't you split it up? 30 litres each. That'll give you exactly 95 octane. Assuming you end up filling 50 litres every time, that works out to a price difference of only 500 bucks per tank full of 50 litres. Something to consider.

Also, do you favour any particular IOC fuel pump? I figured I should start using 93 octane in my Opel. Personally, I only fill up from the BP pump opposite Nehru Place. Best fuel quality, IMO. But since 93 is a recent development, I am clueless about IOC.

Cheers.
Old 29th March 2013, 11:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Since the RON requirement is 95, why don't you split it up? 30 litres each. That'll give you exactly 95 octane.
Makes sense! Maybe this is what I'll do now. Don't know of a pump that has both though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Also, do you favour any particular IOC fuel pump?
I use the one at Panchsheel - the one which comes on your left if you're travelling towards Chirag Delhi from IIT. This is opposite the two consecutive pumps on the other side... I hope you know what I mean.
Old 29th March 2013, 14:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
Makes sense! Maybe this is what I'll do now. Don't know of a pump that has both though

I use the one at Panchsheel - the one which comes on your left if you're travelling towards Chirag Delhi from IIT. This is opposite the two consecutive pumps on the other side... I hope you know what I mean.
You'll need to find a IOC with 93 and a BP with 97 right next to it. A tall order, because the IOC in Soami Nagar doesn't have 93 yet (last I checked), but the BP next to it does have 97.

Yep, the one right after the red light/Max Hospital. Got it. I think it's called Intimate Service Station ().
Old 11th April 2013, 23:17   #50
BHPian

Another update - got some issues sorted today.

My rear right power window had failed - similar to what happened to the left one a few months back. Same solution, mechanical repair with a little ingenuity and fabrication of the sliding part on the channel. Works like new now.

Aux fan wasn't working again - turned out the fuse was blown (actually burnt!), and the plastic beneath it in the holder had melted a bit. Cleaned, repaired, and new holder + fuse put in. Let's see for a bit if the issue repeats - then I'll know it's not a freak incident and the fan is at trouble, or there's a short somewhere. Checked the electricals and they seem fine. Just worried as to why the fuse didn't simply blow but actually melted!

Headlights were acting funny - switching to high beam made the left go off, switching on fogs made the high beam indicator in the instrument panel light up, and so on. Warning light was glowing too, suggesting an electrical connection irregularity. It was a loose connector, cleaning and reconnecting fixed it.

Anyway, a productive half day. Everything is back to normal now!
Old 12th April 2013, 01:48   #51
BHPian

I'm surprised I didn't bump into you today. I was there from 10 to 4!

Same melting thing happened to me. Get the fan clutch checked.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:02   #52
BHPian

I reached there just after 4

Malik mentioned you were around though. Which car were you working on - the 250?
Anyway, I'm going to run the car for a few days and see... maybe the melting thing happens again, which means I need to get the clutch checked.
Old 12th April 2013, 12:28   #53
BHPian

I left around 4:15, but I was at the other end, close to gate 4.

I was with the 250, getting a lot of minor things fixed up. That car needs some serious work. The full suspension and steering needs to be done. And the AC condenser might be leaking gas, so I have to get that fixed up as well.

Keep an eye on the temperature gauge. If the fan fuse is now on the outside, separate from the original fuse box, it isn't going to melt again, it'll just blow. Keep a replacement fuse handy.

The clutch isn't that expensive, so don't shy from it. Unless of course you're planning on buying my car. In which case, let it be.
Old 13th April 2013, 09:52   #54
BHPian

Congratulations Ayush on the car... Must say mate, no other car on this planet will look gorgeous and beautiful even after 16 years of her exsistence. And only Germans and Mercedes Benz can make that happen. What a stunning beauty... And when Hearts rule over Heads, price doesn't matter... As rightly put in a master card advertisements. Somethings in life are priceless.... and Your acquisition my friend is one of them... Wish you lots of happy miles ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks