Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 21:35   #1
BHPian

From the UK - George the Aygo Go!

Firstly my apologies, this was written a few months ago and not posted because life (you know - work, family etc.) started to need more attention. This is also my first post after my introduction one. I've studied a few of the other threads and hopefully this one is acceptable.

Firstly some background - I'm based in the UK so some of these models are slightly different from ones available where most members are located, and secondly any figures I quote are in MPG or converted from my normal Imperial measures - there may be rounding errors in some of the numbers.

At the start of 2011 I began looking for a new car to replace my Fabia VRS - the fast one with the 130hp TDI engine from the Audi A6. The Fabia was a nice car, always reliable and quick - it would happily put a BMW 330d into the rear view mirror and keep it there for a while on acceleration.

The reason I wanted to switch was primarily to save money - especially now I'm going to have to start paying for my son's education. The VRS was nice but insurance was expensive (£3-400 a year) and servicing was starting to mount up (£3-400 every 6 months) and some big service items were due to be done. Also I had started to become less interested in performance for my every day car.

I know this last point would be unthinkable for a car enthusiast but I am still one I promise. I have a "classic" sports car where I can get my driving kicks, and I kart and play on a track every now and again but for every day road driving I just wanted to save the cash but still have a bit of enjoyment.

I had also decided to move away from diesel. Here in the UK fuel cost is very high (£1.30 a litre for petrol) and diesel is even more expensive (£1.40 a litre), and diesels in my experience do need a little more servicing than petrol and parts tend to be more costly when they are needed - and diesels have an annual road tax which is higher than petrol here.

So I drew up my requirements.

- Petrol, up to 1.3 litres
- Capable of 95 MPH+
- 0-62 (0-100 kmh) in under 13 seconds
- 4 seats (Me, Mrs Me and Me Junior)
- A/C (I don't use it much but I like it to be there)
- 50+ MPG (17.7 KPL or better).
- £8000 or less, including allowance on my Fabia
- Not ugly

Mots of the time I will use this car alone so having a large amount of luggage space wasn't a priority.

I firstly drew up my "long list"

- Hyundai i10 1.0 "Blue" or 1.3
- Skoda Fabia 1.2
- VW Polo 1.2
- Chevrolet Aveo 1.2
- Kia Picanto (new model) 1.0 or 1.2 ecodynamics)
- Citroen C1 / Peugeot 107 / Toyota Aygo (all the same car with different badges)
- Ford KA
- FIAT 500
- Vauxhall (the badge for Opel in the UK) Corsa 1.0 / 1.2
- Renault Twingo.

And I set off with my research.

I read up on the 1.2 Fabia and Polo (which are the same car) and although the engine is reliable (chain driven cam-shaft so no belts to worry about), they don't meet the performance or MPG requirements and are also both quite expensive but very solid. The trade in I was offered by the Skoda place also put me off them straight away.

At about this time I had a Corsa 1.2 as a loan car for a business trip and it didn't impress me at all - as slow as a snail with a sore foot and the silver top to the dash reflects in the window - how did they miss that at design time ?

I tried very hard to like the Aveo but the road tests online seem to suggest waiting for the new one which was due at any time. The old one was just that - old. No surprise as it is really an old Daewoo model (Kalos) with some new badges and a facelift.

The Ford KA is apparently one of the most unreliable cars in the UK so that one went off the list. The FIAT 500 (which is the same car as the KA) has very dull petrol engines at this price except for the TwinAir which has an "amazing" 2 cylinder Turbo engine, but they were outside the budget due to short supply. This seems to have been a lucky escape as owners don't seem to be getting the economy they were promised.

This left the i10, the Picanto, the Twingo and the 107/C1/Aygo trio - time for some tests.

Twingo
Looks - The Twingo is only available as a 3-door hatchback and looks quite neat for the size, quite similar to a slightly shrunken version of the Suzuki Swift. It has a short wheelbase making it seem taller than it is.

Inside - The front seats are comfortable but the rears look cramped initially but that is because they can be moved back to give more leg room or luggage space. With them back the boot is small and then they are forward it is, er, less small. The dash is trendy but feels like it is trying a little too hard - the digital speedo is in the centre and a rev counter placed in a pod in front of the driver. The heater controls are placed in the centre and all work from push buttons. The materials feel hard and cheap though, and the large flat areas flex when you press them.

Driving - The engine pulls nicely and acceleration is quite good for the engine size. The ride is choppy and although the steering is sharp and high geared and responsive, the car doesn't feel secure and composed on a sweeping bend or a roundabout. The car also feels heavy in terms of body lean and the tyres feel like they are scrubbing a lot.

Economy - From reports of owners online the real world economy doesn't seem all that good - very few people report more than 50 MPG.

Hyundai i10
I specifically wanted to test a "Blue" model which has the 3 cylinder 1.0 engine and a stop-start mechanism but it is expensive and a slow seller. However some car "discount" places have ones which have been registered but never sold available so I tracked one of those down.

Looks - it seems narrow and tall - because it is narrow and tall. The revised front end and grill seem nice but the rear end with the tall lights looks a little dated now. The Blue comes with smaller (narrower) wheels than the rest of the range and they look even smaller because of the tall nature of the car. Some touches such as the rear window surrounds look a little old fashioned - maybe like a late 1990s Toyota.

Inside - The interior space is good due to the high roof line, and the seats are comfortable. The instruments are directly in front and very clearly laid out. Visibility is also better than in the Twingo. Rear space is good again because of the high roof, and the boot space is quite decent. Interior materials look cheap but feel solid to touch. This car is basic for the UK though - no AC, no central or remote locking.

Driving - The 3 cylinder 1.0 "Kappa" engine is very quiet at most city speeds up to 3000 rpm. Above that the engine noise rises quite a bit. It is very flexible and will take full throttle at 1500 rpm upwards - it is easy to trickle along in city traffic in 3rd and 4th gears nicely. The stop-start system stops the engine to save fuel automatically at lights if you put the gears into neutral and put on the brake. Press the clutch to get 1st gear and it starts immediately. It also has a neat trick of reducing the alternator load when the engine is being asked to go faster. I couldn't detect this in driving though.

Handling is better than the Twingo although the grip level is less, it just feels more settled once you push into a corner. The "Blue" also comes with low rolling resistance tyres which slither around on any damp surface (it had rained just before the test so the roads were slippery). This also led to the brake pedal vibrating slightly with the ABS coming on quite a bit although the car never locked a wheel or felt unstable even at 60-70 mph.

Economy - Owners of pre-Kappa models report less than 50 MPG, owners of the "Blue" model are harder to trace but they do report better MPG figures. The fuss-free stop-start is worth a look, and it is fitted to the next car with the larger Kappa engine.

Kia Picanto "Eco Dynamics"
The new Picanto is more or less the same car as the i10 but with a different body shape and interior.

Looks - Really nice and very much up to date. The front end looks friendly and cheeky and the rear is better than the i10. It also looks less tall and narrow than the i10.

Inside - The space available is slightly less than the i10 - or it felt that way. The legroom is the same. The dash again puts the instruments directly in front of the driver and has some nice touches to make it feel more modern and expensive than the i10. These are really simple touches - a strip of silver plastic here and there - but they create a much better impression.

Driving - The larger Kappa engine has better torque than the 1.0 but is noisier in the Picanto than the i10. The gearing seems similar which is perhaps a waste, it could be higher making the car quieter and more economical at speed. The handling is similar to the i10 but it doesn't feel like it rolls as much and it has better grip with wider tyres. The ride also seems more composed too maybe due to the heavier engine.

Economy - I haven't found a lot of owners tracking FE so far but the ones I have seen suggest good figures are possible, and it has the same stop-start as the i10.

Peugeot 107 / Citroen C1 / Toyota Aygo
I'm lumping these together as they are all the same car underneath made in the same factory.

Looks - They all appear to be short, low and wide although the width is not much more than the i10. The wheels are shoved right out to the extreme corners, the rear bumper extends behind the car to cover the rear wheels. At the same time the rear seat has been moved back to sit right on the rear axle rather than slightly in front of it as in most cars and the rear door forms the c-pillar in the 107 and C1.

Inside - The interior is very much that of a "cheap" car - plenty of painted metal visible for example. The dashboard is not as special looking as the Picanto. The centre is dominated by the heater with the radio above it. The main instruments are placed directly in front of the driver, with an (optional) rev counter in a little pod above and to the side of it. There is a shelf in front of the passenger, an optional door is available to close this off and hide things from the light of finger.

The seats are thin but leg and headroom are generous and the extra width means you don't have to sit too close to the front passenger, this is better that my Fabia for example where I would change gear with my passenger's knee. Rear space is also very good but the boot is tiny - smaller than the Twingo with the rear seats moved fully back. Access to the boot is also restricted as the rear hatch is only a glass window which opens.

Driving - The 3 cylinder 1.0 engine is a VVT unit designed by Daihatsu (owned by Toyota) which is quiet and smooth up to about 3,500 rpm and which point it gets louder - this is the loudest engine of the cars driven at those speeds.

These three cars are lighter than the others so the performance feels as good as the 1.3 Picanto and better than the 1.0 i10 up to about 60 or 70, above that you have to work the engine harder to maintain progress, and the noise levels (wind and road) are higher. Official figures are 0-60 in 14 seconds, but one car magazine has the Aygo model doing this in 11 seconds.

Handling wise the steering is direct and light with some feel to it, but low geared. Body roll feels less than the i10 although you sit lower so it may just be an impression because of that. Grip is good, slightly below the Picanto perhaps, and the ride is hard but not choppy.

Economy - Lots of owners recording economy and all are getting more than 45 MPG, a lot are over 55 and some are over 60. One user of a fuel tracking website has over 70 MPG (29.7 KML).

Decision Time
After my tests I decided against the Twingo. I would have moments of thinking it looks neat and then thinking the designer messed up a couple of points. That kind of put me off making the effort to visit the dealer more to negotiate. A choice made more by apathy than a firm decision but it just didn't excite me enough.

The i10 seller was a "car supermarket" kind of place which annoyed me greatly by immediately adding to the car price with their service packages, care packages and finance deals. I'm a cash buyer and I like to choose where I service the car. When I declined these the base car price seemed to go up. The last straw was them wanting to put my Fabia on their ramp for a "close inspection" to work out the value. By this point I had already visited other dealers who admitted they would just sell the car at auction and valued it from a book sometimes without even looking at it. So I left rather than have one of their guys poking around underneath my car for no reason to find (or perhaps create ?) a fault with it.

I tried a proper Hyundai dealer who was very polite and tried his best to come up with a deal but the delivery times for a new one stretched into 2012, and there were no used ones in the dealer stock of the spec I wanted in the UK - one "Blue" did come up but was booked by another dealer more or less straight away. The problem was that he couldn't firm up on a price until he had a car booked.

The Peugeot dealer for the 107 was as bad as the car supermarket place. The guy had a car there but it wasn't the type or colour I wanted (black, base model) but he was determined to sell it to me on finance. I left to "make a phone call" outside and never went back in.

The Citroen dealer was more helpful and located a newly arrived car and was happy to negotiate on the deal, priced my car straight away to what the book said. This one was looking favourite and he was willing to include a couple of extras.

The Kia dealer was not willing to negotiate at all. He didn't really want a trade in and wanted to sell the then-newly launched Picanto at full price. I really liked the style of the car but had to walk away as he wanted probably about £1500 more than anyone else and I couldn't justify the additional cost.

Then came a Toyota dealer for the Aygo. He matched the trade in value for my car that the Citroen dealer had but the Aygo was about £500. It did have a better specification - sat nav, bluetooth and USB. Again I would have gone for the Citroen for the extra money and added those items with aftermarket gadgets and was about to sign when he found a brand new Aygo sitting in another branch.

The benefit ? This one was £200 cheaper than the Citroen.

The catch ? Well it wasn't totally new. It only had 16 miles on the clock which would count as dealer mileage here - but it was 6 months old and had been registered and therefore had "used" 6 months of warranty.

So subject to it being fine we signed a deal, and a week later I dropped off the Fabia and picked up my "new" Aygo Go!.

That was in July last year and it now has about 5000 miles on the clock, so pictures and initial ownership report will follow in my next post.

Why the name George ? Anyone familiar with UK pop music will recall a chap called George Micheal who recorded a song called "Wake Me Up before you Go Go". As it is an "Aygo Go" (say it out loud) the car named itself.
Morph is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 07:47   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: From the UK - George the Aygo Go!

Thanks for this insight. I enjoyed reading it.
Did you not seriously consider the Toyota Yaris at all? Or one of the many SEAT's available there? Or even the nice new Suzuki Swift with the lower spec engine?

I quite agree that the Fiat 500 looks great but just doesnt have any "juice" in it. We rented one on a driving holiday in Ireland and while it was a nice little car and enough for my wife and me and those narrow country lanes etc, it just didnt cut it in terms of power!

Looking forward to more posts and more interaction!
Cheers!
Old 15th January 2012, 14:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Morph! The Aygo is a brilliant little car. I've driven one several times and it's a real blast (among these superminis)! The handling is go-kart like and the seating position low. Surprisingly sprightly in second and third gear. Add the fact that the engine has quite a pleasing note (loud, but appealing) and it's hard to not like the Aygo

Looking forward to the photos and the rest of the report.
Old 15th January 2012, 23:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thanks for this insight. I enjoyed reading it.
Did you not seriously consider the Toyota Yaris at all? Or one of the many SEAT's available there? Or even the nice new Suzuki Swift with the lower spec engine?

I quite agree that the Fiat 500 looks great but just doesn't have any "juice" in it. We rented one on a driving holiday in Ireland and while it was a nice little car and enough for my wife and me and those narrow country lanes etc, it just didn't cut it in terms of power!

Looking forward to more posts and more interaction!
Cheers!
Thanks for the questions and comments.

I didn't consider the Swift I have to admit. I did think about one a year or so before the swap when I was still thinking I would go with a Diesel (the DDIS) but there have been a few issues with the DPF filter on the Multijet engine when driving mostly in town which I do, so I avoided it.

The Yaris I would consider if I was looking again - the 1.0 engine from the Aygo is an option in that car, and the 1.3 is pretty decent (I've ridden in one but never driven it). The Aygo has the same safety rating here (4/5 stars) and is much lighter. I didn't test the Yaris 1.0 but would in the future.

The FIAT 500 looks nice but the 1.2 is very very boring to drive, and without seeming too much like a "MAN" it is usually a ladies car here in the UK. The Twin AIR is interesting but a lot of owners complain that you only get the economy if you use eco mode where it feels like a 2 cylinder non-turbo - imagine a car like a Tata Nano but with twice as much weight.

Did you enjoy Ireland, is there a travelogue - I spent a few hours reading those last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congratulations, Morph! The Aygo is a brilliant little car. I've driven one several times and it's a real blast (among these superminis)! The handling is go-kart like and the seating position low. Surprisingly sprightly in second and third gear. Add the fact that the engine has quite a pleasing note (loud, but appealing) and it's hard to not like the Aygo

Looking forward to the photos and the rest of the report.
Many thanks for the comments. Once I have enough approved posts to upload images I'll get them added to this thread.

The Aygo (and the C1/107) are all real fun to drive as you say. The only real downsides are noise at speed (say over 100-120kmh), the small boot space opening and the slow steering. This last item is only really noticed by the driver if you are pressing on really hard or trying to steer fast when parking.

Even with the 155 tyres grip is pretty good - and it does respond well to the turn in hard - lift off to slide out the tail - floor it and drift style of driving.

Even saving money I'm still a petrolhead...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th January 2012 at 06:38.
Old 16th January 2012, 06:31   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hi

Thanks

You're right that the Fiat 500 is considered more a ladies car. For me it was the next best thing to rent because I simply couldnt get a Mini Cooper except at an exorbitant price which I didnt want to pay. My friend rented the upper end 500 with the sun roof and sport mode etc which was nice but as you said, no juice at all in the engine.

What are these issues with the Swift DDIS? Would like to know more about that because it is an extremely popular car here in India - 1.3 DDIS MJD engine. A classmate of mine who lives in Italy now, has a Yaris and she absolutely loves it. Cant stop talking about how brilliant it is, in the wicked Roman traffic!

However, for casual buzzing around in Ireland it was fine - I was generally not doing more than 60mph max when we went there in August/September 2010. Ireland is lovely - nice and green. Somewhere outside Lisburn we were overtaken at speed by a lovely little Jag E Type - a real classic in bright red with Tan leather seats. The motorist gave me a big wave since I pulled over to the left to let him pass on one of those narrow country lanes. He gunned his motor, cut a couple of gears with those brilliant sounding blips on his engine (must have double de-clutched or done a racing change) and roared away. It was like a scene out of the movies with that gent wearing the old Dunhill type cap and goggles etc and with the top down on his car! Amazing!

Frankly in ref a travelogue I have been lazy to write. Will do that one of these days along with the other trip I made there last March when I rented a Subaru Forester and drove around Yorkshire and the Cotswolds, Oxford and Beaulieu and so on.

We should be coming across there again this year - plan to drive about in Italy for a bit and then waddle across the water to England, perhaps Scotland too. Will definitely rent a nice car and buzz around there for a bit. Am wondering if I can get to rent a Skoda Yeti 170BHP 4x4 with the DSG gearbox. I own the 140BHP 4x4 Manual Transmission one here in India, which is the top end one available here and I want to try the upper end one in England while visiting.

Any ideas on that? I rented a car last time from a chap down Watford/St Albans way and since I like him I wouldn't mind renting from him again, but Im not sure he has what Im looking for this time.

Or perhaps this time I may try to get a Mini Cooper S, even for a short day drive or weekend drive.

Cheers for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
Thanks for the questions and comments.

I didn't consider the Swift I have to admit. I did think about one a year or so before the swap when I was still thinking I would go with a Diesel (the DDIS) but there have been a few issues with the DPF filter on the Multijet engine when driving mostly in town which I do, so I avoided it.

The Yaris I would consider if I was looking again - the 1.0 engine from the Aygo is an option in that car, and the 1.3 is pretty decent (I've ridden in one but never driven it). The Aygo has the same safety rating here (4/5 stars) and is much lighter. I didn't test the Yaris 1.0 but would in the future.

The FIAT 500 looks nice but the 1.2 is very very boring to drive, and without seeming too much like a "MAN" it is usually a ladies car here in the UK. The Twin AIR is interesting but a lot of owners complain that you only get the economy if you use eco mode where it feels like a 2 cylinder non-turbo - imagine a car like a Tata Nano but with twice as much weight.

Did you enjoy Ireland, is there a travelogue - I spent a few hours reading those last night
Old 16th January 2012, 15:42   #6
BHPian

@shankar.balan
The Multijet diesel engines here have a Diesel Particulant Filter (DPF) fitted which needs to be cleared out every now and again. If you drive at high speed for a while the engine adds a little additional fuel to "burn" out the dirt that the filter has collected every now and again. But if you only drive around town as I do then the engine never gets the chance to do this and eventually the DPF becomes clogged and needs to be cleaned or even replaced. It is an expensive part The manual states that the owner should drive for a few miles at high speed to clear it out every now and again but many owners don't read the manual.

I agree the Yaris is a good car, I'm not sure I like the new facelift it has just had but the idea of a Hybrid one seems interesting. I haven't tried a Yeti - my father is thinking of getting the 140 version (2wd) to replace his Octavia next year maybe. The new Turbo Cooper S is a good drive. If you can't get one of those maybe try and get a Citroen DS3 - it is exactly the same floorplan, suspension, engines etc. as the MINI but it has a different body style on top and costs a little less to buy. I prefer the classic Mini myself - much more fun, but not as fast.

The travelogues look interesting - I'm planning a camping trip with my son in Glencoe which is about 2-3 hours away from home so I'll make sure I take enough photos.
Old 11th November 2012, 00:50   #7
BHPian

Its been a while and life has got in the way as usual and I wanted to post an update.

The car now has 12000 miles (~19000 kms) on the clock, here is what happened in that time.

Firstly I had to take a long trip to sort out some family issues just after delivery - this meant my tiny Aygo doing a 700 mile round trip to England and back in a day. The route from Scotland to England goes over some high (for the UK) hills and mountains and on the day the weather was totally foul - heavy rain all the way making visibility very poor.

Undaunted myself and George battled through the rain and I was very impressed - where loads of other cars, including expensive machinery such as top of the range BMWs and Mercedes, were struggling with aquaplaning George managed to cut through the water with his skinny tyres and maintain very good progress.

We did the Southbound half of the journey at an average of 68 MPH which is not bad for a 1-litre economy car. I ended up with 2 problems - Firstly the tinted rear hatch glass meant that cars coming up in the heavy rain without lights were tricky to spot - but I learned to check more carefully and had no incidents. Secondly I noticed that the paint inside the rear bumper had been "blasted" off by the heavy water - not a major issue as the bumper is plastic but annoying.

On my return I took the car the dealer and reported the pain issue but was told it was normal - I wasn't happy but left it at that. A few months later and just before winter here (October) I booked the car in for it's first service - early at 6K miles but I like to get it done before winter. The service was done for a fixed price - £99 all in.

I again mentioned the paint peeling and they checked - and they agreed to repaint the inside of the bumper for free. So a week later I returned the car for 2 days and borrowed a dealer car as a replacement. They called to ask if I would be OK with anti-chip paint instead of white which I agreed with and the car was ready as arranged.

Between then and a week or so ago the car as simply kept on running. Nothing has broken, fallen off, failed, stopped working or annoyed except for a slight roughness in the brakes at low speed. I mentioned this at the last service (a week or so ago) and they cleaned out the rear drums - seems better now.

Second service was not fixed price though, so it cost me £265 which seemed quite high.

In that time the economy has been about 55-75 MPG (19.5 - 26.6 kpl) - never below 50 MPG no matter how hard I drive.

There have also been other savings - my insurance is now £140 compared to £350+ with my Fabia VRS and annual tax is only £20 compared to £135.

If I'm allowed I'll post some photos.
Old 16th November 2012, 16:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats a neat little round up of test drives and buying experience. Congrats on your Aygo, must say that it looks like a neat little package. The interiors look real funky (at least in the company website) and the rear looks a lot like Brio (not sure if it is available there) and would be a direct competition if launched here.

Do post a lot of pics of your new set of wheels. This must be the first report of the Aygo in TBHP and me for one had to google for pics of this car, so let the pics do the talking as well.

Last edited by girishglg : 16th November 2012 at 16:22.
Old 25th June 2013, 03:48   #9
BHPian

Another update - George has passed 22K miles (36k kms) now.

Thankfully the only things I have had to buy are two new tyres. I decided against the Eco contacts on the car as standard and instead went for UniRoyal Rainsports which seem to have helped the front end grip quite a lot over the last winter.

Dealer servicing is an oil change every 10K miles which I think is quite long for the oil capacity (~3 litres) so I change it and the filter every 5K miles and let the dealer do the 10K mile intervals.

My mother is unwell in England (a 200 mile - 32 km) round trip from home) at the moment which means that George as a city car is adding miles very quickly.

Attached image is George earlier this spring (a couple of months ago) and just after a wash.
Attached Thumbnails
From the UK - George the Aygo Go!-shiney.jpg  

Old 26th June 2013, 03:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Thats a neat little round up of test drives and buying experience. Congrats on your Aygo, must say that it looks like a neat little package. The interiors look real funky (at least in the company website) and the rear looks a lot like Brio (not sure if it is available there) and would be a direct competition if launched here.

Do post a lot of pics of your new set of wheels. This must be the first report of the Aygo in TBHP and me for one had to google for pics of this car, so let the pics do the talking as well.
Thanks for the comments - I wonder if people are reading but as I joined to read the road trips I'm happy either way.

The Aygo is one of three cars made by PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) and Toyota. It is made in Eastern Europe where labour is cheap but probably not cheap enough to make it economical to sell in India / China.

I understand PSA and Toyota are going their seperate ways for the replacement models next year so maybe the Aygo might make an appearance in the sub-continent.

Mrs M is of Indian descent and we plan to visit there sometime soon with our son - and I plan to test drive a Nano immediately I step off the plane
Morph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 20:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attached image is George earlier this spring (a couple of months ago) and just after a wash.
To be honest, I had never heard of this car until this thread. And after the initial introduction, I thought it would be a basic looking car - but it looks quite interesting! Cheeky!

If your car consistently returns an average of around 20kmpl, then it is a perfect fit for India where we are very milage conscious. However, the budget you quoted will be considered quite high for a car of that size in India, so you are right that it is not cheap enough for us

Quote:
Mrs M is of Indian descent and we plan to visit there sometime soon with our son - and I plan to test drive a Nano immediately I step off the plane
You will arrive in time for the 2013 refresh, which is a Nano we can finally be proud of.
Old 11th July 2013, 08:22   #12
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Aygo is one of three cars made by PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) and Toyota. It is made in Eastern Europe where labour is cheap but probably not cheap enough to make it economical to sell in India / China.

I understand PSA and Toyota are going their seperate ways for the replacement models next year so maybe the Aygo might make an appearance in the sub-continent.
@Morph - Thanks for sharing your ownership experience, George (Aygo) seems like a nice car Just wish this one comes to India sometime soon.

I hadn't heard about the Aygo (and the Peugeot 107, Citroen C1) till I came across these when looking up the word 'Coopetition' in wiki - link here. This was an example given for cooperative competition or coopetition.

When I read about this, got to Team-BHP (where else!), looked it up and voila found your ownership thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 01:14   #13
BHPian

Thanks for posting NPV - I've been away for a couple of months dealing with some sad family issues but am now back monitoring the threads. I also have a new car too which I will start a thread about this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks