Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 12:56   #31
BHPian

Re: My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !

Congrats on the wonderful review thread... Really shows your passion about owning the car.

Thanks a ton for the water test. Thanks again for opening my eyes about what to do in case of a lost key. Sorry that you had to go through it. Be more careful this time.

What is the mileage now and how much has the car ridden so far? Please do share any new findings. All the best, safe motoring.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice review of a very nice car! Congrats on your new acquisition, and thanks for the water test. It puts many doubts to rest about the build and the quality of Etios.

Regarding the lost keys, is the dealer able to disable only the lost one while keeping the spare one enabled? I mean, till the time the new set arrived, how did you drive the car if the keys were disabled?

You have made an excellent choice by getting the Etios. Wish you many happy kilometers with it.
Old 7th February 2012, 00:33   #33
BHPian

Congratulation Varun, I hope you do get to enjoy the Toyota reliability for a long, long time.

But I must admit here that it's always the case of heart wants what it wants. No matter how much one deliberates or try being scientific, the heart always wins. What I mean is that Mahindra's reliability is nothing to crow about, but had budget permitted you, you'd have gone for it. It's about the idea of owning what you love and i guess in this case you did fall in love with this car. Or I may be totally wrong!!
Old 7th February 2012, 08:02   #34
BHPian

That was a crisp write-up !! Black looks very good on the Etios (only if you do the daily maintenance to make sure it keeps shining). The information on the lost keys will be helpful to many of us. Etios is one of the best no-nonsense and reliable car available in the market today . Hearty congratulations and have a safe drive
Old 7th February 2012, 08:34   #35
BHPian

Awesome write up Varun. Toyota on any day is better than a suzuki IMO. Etios in black looks stunning and kudos to you for insisting on a car loaded with all safety features.
Old 7th February 2012, 19:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Varun for your wonderful selection. Toyota's quality and reliability will give you a wonderful experience.
Even my car (figo) colour is black and I struggle to maintain well. My advice is not to wash twice a day, but can wipe using Jopasu duster any number of times.

Convey my wishes to all in your family. Happy and Safe Motoring.
Thanks RGK. Thanks for the advice. I've stopped washing it twice a day. I guess I got a little carried away!! RGK, your Figo thread is excellent. I suggested a Figo about 6-8 months back to a friend after going through your thread. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Etios. Stunning pics, I must say. The Watergate taste.
What is the average FE now? Any improvements from 15..
I haven't checked for average again. Will do it after the 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congrats on the wonderful review thread... Really shows your passion about owning the car.

Thanks a ton for the water test. Thanks again for opening my eyes about what to do in case of a lost key. Sorry that you had to go through it. Be more careful this time.

What is the mileage now and how much has the car ridden so far? Please do share any new findings. All the best, safe motoring.
Thanks Abraham. I guess the passion for automobiles is common in all TBhp'ians.What say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
That's a nice review of a very nice car! Congrats on your new acquisition, and thanks for the water test. It puts many doubts to rest about the build and the quality of Etios.

Regarding the lost keys, is the dealer able to disable only the lost one while keeping the spare one enabled? I mean, till the time the new set arrived, how did you drive the car if the keys were disabled?

You have made an excellent choice by getting the Etios. Wish you many happy kilometers with it.
Thanks WAG. Regarding lost keys, the dealer cannot disable the lost key. Thanks primarily the reason for me going in for the whole set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchauhan View Post
Congratulation Varun, I hope you do get to enjoy the Toyota reliability for a long, long time.

But I must admit here that it's always the case of heart wants what it wants. No matter how much one deliberates or try being scientific, the heart always wins. What I mean is that Mahindra's reliability is nothing to crow about, but had budget permitted you, you'd have gone for it. It's about the idea of owning what you love and i guess in this case you did fall in love with this car. Or I may be totally wrong!!
You said it buddy!! the heart always rules the mind. I love the Etios too much, but if I had the option to go in for a Scorpio today, I wont think twice!!! I know that's selfish of me but that's the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
That was a crisp write-up !! Black looks very good on the Etios (only if you do the daily maintenance to make sure it keeps shining). The information on the lost keys will be helpful to many of us. Etios is one of the best no-nonsense and reliable car available in the market today . Hearty congratulations and have a safe drive
Thanks Andro !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Awesome write up Varun. Toyota on any day is better than a suzuki IMO. Etios in black looks stunning and kudos to you for insisting on a car loaded with all safety features.
Thanks Vivek! Our road conditions & the general lack of awareness demand all the safety features we can have withen the budget. I always advise my friends to go in for a top end hatch over a base version sedan or a top end sedan to base SUV.

SERVICE INTERVALS OF ETIOS DIESEL

1st Service - 1,000 kms or 1 month
2nd Service - 10,000 kms or 12 months
3rd Service - 20,000 kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier.

SERVICE INTERVALS OF SX4/DZIRE DIESEL - FOR COMPARISON SAKE

1st Service - 1000 km or 1 month
2nd Service - 5000 km or 6 months
3rd Service - 10000 km or 1 year, whicever is earlier.

Thanks & Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 7th February 2012 at 20:14.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 20:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Thanks Abraham. I guess the passion for automobiles is common in all TBhp'ians.What say?!
Well Yes.. but not all make time to elaborate the passion into ownersip threads... So kudos to you.

Basil.
basilmabraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 20:29   #38
BHPian

Noce review and congratulations on your black Etios V-D. The FE would surely improve after around 4-5K Kms. Have you had a chance to take the car on bad roads? How does the suspension perform in that case?
Old 12th February 2012, 17:09   #39

Dear Powertrain (Mr. Varun)
Million thanks for such a detailed, awesome Review with photographs.
In fact, I've also booked an Etios VD, H. Beige color from Millennium, Mira Road.
Scheduled for delivery around 17th Feb.

May I request you to please post me the contact details of the up market accessories shop from where you got the things for your black beauty. Since, I’m a Travelling Entertainment Professional, it will help me a lot. It will be highly appreciated, if you include your contact details & post on our TEAM-BHP, & forward a copy to copy to me on viraajdev@hotmail.com (09821053974)

Moreover, let us know how the carpet lamination benefits you & why didn’t you opt for essentials like Anti Rust & Teflon Coating etc. wishing you a hassle free ownership & tons of miles of happy happy Etios ride.
Old 14th February 2012, 12:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraaj View Post
Dear Powertrain (Mr. Varun)
Million thanks for such a detailed, awesome Review with photographs.
In fact, I've also booked an Etios VD, H. Beige color from Millennium, Mira Road.
Scheduled for delivery around 17th Feb.

May I request you to please post me the contact details of the up market accessories shop from where you got the things for your black beauty. Since, I’m a Travelling Entertainment Professional, it will help me a lot. It will be highly appreciated, if you include your contact details & post on our TEAM-BHP, & forward a copy to copy to me on viraajdev@hotmail.com (09821053974)

Moreover, let us know how the carpet lamination benefits you & why didn’t you opt for essentials like Anti Rust & Teflon Coating etc. wishing you a hassle free ownership & tons of miles of happy happy Etios ride.
Thanks Viraj & Congrats on your Etios VD ! Wishing you many happy miles!

Steering remote I ordered from here - UNIVERSAL STEERING WHEEL INFRARED REMOTE CONTROL WITH LEARNING FUNCTION | eBay

Seat Covers & Lamination -
THAMBI SEAT UPHOLSTERY
F-3, MULUND MITRADHAM,NEAR JAIN TEMPLE,SARVODAYA NAGAR, J.N ROAD,MULUND WEST
CONTACT PERSON - P.JEBAMANI
CELL NO. - 9323048468

Reverse Parking Sensor - Got it done from the dealership. Just ask your S.E. Price = 3500/-

The main advantage of Carpet Lamination is that it does not soil the carpets. During rainy season, wet footwear comes in contact with the carpet & gives out a musty odor. That will not happen now! Easier to clean too.
As for Anti rust & Teflon Coating, the rate quoted by the dealership was exorbitant. I'll be doing from 3M ,Andheri shortly

Hope this helps
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 14th February 2012 at 12:31.
Old 16th February 2012, 23:06   #41

Hi Varun;

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. This is the benefit of Team-BHP to bring like minded people like us still closer for better understanding of Automotives

Co-incidentally, my Etios delivery will be towards 1st week of Mumbai, as I 'll be out of Mumbai for some time.
W'll come back to this forum after my return to Mumbai to share / discuss the pros & cons of our Etios possessions.

You have said, you got your seat covers from Mulund. By the way I also take my car accessories from Mulund.
Thanks again
Viraaj Dev
Viraaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:00   #42
BHPian

Accessories Added -

Got some accessories added the last weekend.
- Chrome Scruff Plates
Price - Rs.500/-

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-scruff-plate-front.jpg

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-scruff-plate-back.jpg

- MMI GPS Navigation VX 140s
Price - 9990/-

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-mmi1.jpg

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-mmi2.jpg

Regards
Varun
Old 7th March 2012, 12:35   #43
BHPian

Re: My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD ! - F.E Update

F.E Update:-
Did a tankful to tankful analysis for checking F.E. Filled her to the brim with regular diesel & drove for a week. Filled her again at 565 kms on the trip meter & she took exactly 37.84 ltrs of fuel.
Which equates to a F.E of 14.93 kmpl @ 100% A.C.
Mighty impressed with the figures.

Regards
Varun
Old 27th June 2012, 20:08   #44
BHPian

This Etios thread must be the most boring thread on T-Bhp. Cause I had nothing to report for the last 3 odd months !

I guess that's the advantage of having a reliable car! The car's fulfilling the role of a no nonsense car to the best of it's ability. This car's Peace-Of-Mind factor is second to none.

Last weekend I conducted a Fuel Efficiency Test on the Etios, with Millennium Toyota,Thane.

TEST DATE - 22/06/12

TEST TIME - 10.00 AM TO 11.00 AM

TEST ROUTE - CITY - L.B.S MARG (MULUND TO GHATKOPAR IN PEAK TRAFFIC.)
- HIGHWAY - EASTERN EXPRESS HIGHWAY

PERSONS - MYSELF & 2 SERVICE TECHNICIANS FROM MILLENNIUM TOYOTA

A/C - @ 100 % FOR THE ENTIRE TEST DURATION.

TEST EQUIPMENT - ECONOTEST

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-dsc02969-large.jpg

Following are the F.E test reports:-

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-f.e-test-1.jpg

My Black Tuxedo - Toyota Etios VD !-f.e-test-2.jpg

Summary of the report

Overall Avg. Km/Hr - 35.16 Km/Hr

Overall Avg. Km/Ltr - 15.86 Km/Ltr
----------------------------------
City - Avg. Km/Hr - 24.57 Km/Hr

City - Avg. Km/Ltr - 13.97 Km/Ltr
----------------------------------
Highway - Avg. Km/Hr - 64.81 Km/Hr

Highway - Avg. Km/Ltr - 21.13 Km/Ltr

For the above summary, I have taken speeds below 50 km/hr as city speeds & above 50 km/hr as highway speeds.

People residing in Central suburbs would know that L.B.S Marg @ 10.00 am is chaos at it's best. Considering that, I think 13.97 km/ltr is a pretty good figure.

The E.E.Highway, on the other hand was relatively free of traffic. I guess a figure of 22/22.5 km/ltr would have been great!

Thanks & Regards
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 10:27   #45
BHPian

Hi Varun,

There has been a lot of writing about suspension noise from etios twins. What is your experience on that? Any general comment about the suspension would be welcome.

Another 4 months down the line, I will choose mostly between etios and sunny with utmost priority towards back seat comfort.

Best,
sups

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks