Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 00:42   #16
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Nitin my bwai, I am both tremendously excited and slightly jealous of you! :P
Maybe when I take it back for first servicing.
It looks neat and I can't wait to get mine. I'm going to point more people to your thread, though, because I don't think I'm going to take as many pictures.

Just a quick question: Which Kenwood 2-DIN have you got installed? I can't make out the model number from the photograph. And why did you select this particular one?
Also, I notice you have Front USB and Front AUX in...did the dealer say that he cannot install a rear USB/AUX in?
EDIT:
PS: What do you mean the centre console is orange? What centre console?
Join me for the drive rather than be jealous!
My suggestion; dont wait till 1st service; un-exposed plastic paint finish would be better.
Kenwood details will PM tomm am; just liked the interface & does everything I wanted thats why the selection.
Wanted the USB & aux in front.
The central console is the AC, blower, heat control buttons lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Let me know what you decide finally for the seat covers.
Do share your views too. The fight is still very much on between the three contenders shortlisted.
Heh, will do as soon as i come to a decision!
Subscribed; will post soon and add to the confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a beautiful alloy wheel.
Thanks Swiftnfurious! I loved the alloy design; sharp, elegant, understated, sporty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
congrats nitin!
you can go for DRL's they will fit nicely in the slot
Thanks yogiii! I would prefer the fogs; function over form.
Old 24th January 2012, 01:44   #17
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Join me for the drive rather than be jealous!
When you're in Mumbai, let me know.

Quote:
My suggestion; dont wait till 1st service; un-exposed plastic paint finish would be better.
Still thinking about it. Will consider what to do.

Quote:
Kenwood details will PM tomm am; just liked the interface & does everything I wanted thats why the selection.
Please do! By the way, that model doesn't look like it's available in India yet. So please also let me know how/where you got it.

Quote:
The central console is the AC, blower, heat control buttons lighting.
They're orange? Is it the same in all other editions as well? I didn't notice this when I took the V-MT test drive...hm...
Old 24th January 2012, 05:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Have many happy miles with it. City is truly one of the best cars in this segment (especially in Petrol), and Honda petrol engines are pure joy when running. I am experiencing this first hand.

The interiors looks so much more better then the older one.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 08:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase Nitin. Irrespective of the color of the interiors, I think the 1.5L 118PS engine is your primary reason to go for this car.

Is it only me ? I find the steering huge.
The black interiors are good, are they shiny or is it your camera flash ?
Center silver console looks OK , they should have carried that to the door trims as well, that should have completed the look, like the swift(old gen) Vxi or Vdi.

Can the USB cable be routed from behind and carried in to the glove box ?

The alloys design is a decade old, should have gone for a better one. this thread could have been your reference.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...heels-273.html
Any plans for aftermarket fog lamps ? I guess you will need them in delhi.

Overall, I think its a decision from the mind. Very well executed. Wishing you many miles of happy driving.

Last edited by F150 : 24th January 2012 at 09:07.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 10:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
When you're in Mumbai, let me know.
Pretty soon! Delhi to Goa maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I think the 1.5L 118PS engine is your primary reason to go for this car.
I find the steering huge.
Can the USB cable be routed from behind and carried in to the glove box ?
The alloys design is a decade old, should have gone for a better one.
Any plans for aftermarket fog lamps ? I guess you will need them in delhi.
Overall, I think its a decision from the mind.
Yes, the engine & of course the Honda reliability at a VFM tag.
The black interiors are good but the shine is a combo of interiors, polish by dealer before delivery, dust & the flash.
The USB cable can be routed into the glove box but more the number of contacts the lower is the output clarity.
To each his own; I prefer it understated.
Yes, waiting for the fogs to be available.
Anything on this side of 3.0 L is definitely from the mind!
Old 24th January 2012, 10:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nitin for the first 2012 City on the forum. Your thread people who are still deciding on the CE edition as I feel its the most VFM model in the market and the best pick for people looking for a C segment car on budget.

Wish you many happy miles on it
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 10:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nitin! This variant looks set to fly off the shelves... Skoda, VW, Hyundai et al must be concerned. Awesome VFM at this price point!
Nice upgrades... I think some nice black seat covers should be next on your list. Do upgrade the thread with your driving experiences, particularly around the ground clearance issue.

Quote:
Is it only me ? I find the steering huge.
Looks the same size as the other variants to me.

Quote:
Center silver console looks OK , they should have carried that to the door trims as well, that should have completed the look, like the swift(old gen) Vxi or Vdi.
I think the flash makes it look shiny. Please upload some nice pictures, without the flash.
razor4077 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 10:23   #23
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
The USB cable can be routed into the glove box but more the number of contacts the lower is the output clarity.
Is it not possible to route the cable down to the cubby-hole where you have placed your iPod and glasses? This would be important for me. If I go for a rear-USB cable, I want it to come out to where I can reach it from the driver's seat rather than let it go into the glove compartment.

Also, just noticed the cushions on the back seat. Did the dealer throw them in for free?
Old 24th January 2012, 10:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Skoda, VW, Hyundai et al must be concerned.
Do upgrade the thread with your driving experiences, particularly around the ground clearance issue.
Looks the same size as the other variants to me.
I think the flash makes it look shiny. Please upload some nice pictures, without the flash.
Thanks razor! Yes there definitely is a reason for them to be concerned but I guess the thin margin this model provides; Honda & it's dealers wouldn't be any less concerned.
The GC was upped by Honda by 5 mm over the 08; primacy add another 3.25 plus I feel the suspension has been stiffened. Tried it over real high breakers where my swift scrapes if I go over them 20+ but this car didn't (although slower) - feel Honda has finally addressed the clearance woes.
The flash does contribute but not so much so. Done in a jiffy so will upload better pics soon.

Quote:
I want it to come out to where I can reach it from the driver's seat rather than let it go into the glove compartment.
Also, just noticed the cushions on the back seat. Did the dealer throw them in for free?
If reaching out is the only concern then get a iPod playing double din. My kenwood controls the iPod.
Yes, the dealer gave me 2 cushions & body cover.
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 11:36   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Nitin. The City CE version is real VFM and the icing on cake is it comes with black interiors. Your thread will be a guidance for me as well as for many others whose next purchase is the City. Keep us updated on long term review and do post some nice pics without the flash.

thanks,
altoman
altoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 12:40   #26
BHPian

Given the 'H' badge along with all the safety features that this car carries makes it the best value for money in this segment. Honda have pulled a smart one with this model.
1 question --> Honda told me that the CE version does not have body coloured ORVM's and door handles. Your car is having both coloured. Did you get it done before delivery?
Old 24th January 2012, 13:25   #27
BHPian

Thank you for being the first one to put some really comprehensive pictures of the new all-black interiors of the CE. This is such a refreshing change from the usual beige affair, and the silver center console of the City seems to go much better with all black! If Honda were to read all the kudos they are getting for the black interiors, they might just consider offering it as an option in the higher spec-ed variants as well! Pity, they don't give that flexibility to customers in India.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 13:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977
Given the 'H' badge along with all the safety features that this car carries makes it the best value for money in this segment. Honda have pulled a smart one with this model.
1 question --> Honda told me that the CE version does not have body coloured ORVM's and door handles. Your car is having both coloured. Did you get it done before delivery?
Yes sir, he got the ovrms and door handles painted. Read the opening post.
Honda city ce seems to fit the bill perfectly, and it has all the safety features.

Last edited by F150 : 24th January 2012 at 14:05.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 15:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wanted the USB & aux in front.
Congrats Nitin on your Honda CE.
You mentioned the sales guys were not very much interested in the selling the CE version, any particular reason for this .

I must say the HU looks good, so i think if you update the thread with HU details (price model #) instead of PM , i guess that will be helpful for other also .

Cheers.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 16:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! That's a great buy. Its not always that you get to buy a product with both heart and head.

Love the all black theme. Now, if you can replace that stock grille, the car will look all the more nice.

For Jazz, Honda has given the X variant the nice blue black interiors. And in the City, it is the other way around. I wonder why?

But I am not complaining. You get to save money, get the all important safety kit, get to choose custom alloys and ICE and last but not the least, there is no beige attack. Love it!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed