Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 17:36   #61
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked!

Folks,

In the last 19 days, the car has done a total of 456 kms (50% Delhi traffic, 50% expressway, 100% AC) and look at the mileage am getting -- 15.8 kmpl (as per the MID) from an engine which is under run-in!!

Regret the image quality as its from my BB.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked!-hc1.jpg  

The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked!-hc2.jpg  

Last edited by nitin.rai : 6th February 2012 at 17:47.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 18:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Yup the i-VTEC is famous for best of both worlds i.e. power and mileage at same time. It will improve further. I have recently got 17.6 KMPL and best is 18 KMPL. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2398821

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2661270

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
100%
Is is really required to use 100 % AC in this season?

PS - How the ECO indicator works in your car?

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th February 2012 at 18:11.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 18:10   #63
BHPian

Many Congratulations for the new member in your family. The all black interiors look awesome. One can identify the premiumness in the material used for making City a class apart.

Wish you many happy miles.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 18:27   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

In the last 19 days, the car has done a total of 456 kms (50% Delhi traffic, 50% expressway, 100% AC) and look at the mileage am getting -- 15.8 kmpl (as per the MID) from an engine which is under run-in!!

Regret the image quality as its from my BB.
Fantastic FE figures! And it's bound to improve with servicings and as the engine gets older. You can expect anywhere between 17-18 kpl after a couple of services.

But 100% AC in Delhi in these months?! Do you really need the AC that much in Jan-Feb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yup the i-VTEC is famous for best of both worlds i.e. power and mileage at same time. It will improve further. I have recently got 17.6 KMPL and best is 18 KMPL.

That's a super FE you are getting as well, BV. Just goes to prove the reliability and worth of the i-VTEC. A gem of an engine if there ever was one!

I am curious to know about the "ECO" indicator as well. Have you seen it flashing sometime, Nitin?
Old 6th February 2012, 18:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yup the i-VTEC is famous for best of both worlds i.e. power and mileage at same time.
Is is really required to use 100 % AC in this season?
Hey thanks for the links blue; have read through almost all your posts in the past!
The ECO light comes on the moment you are in the optimal torque band. If you are in higher rpm in a low gear or vice versa or even when cruising if you stomp the light goes away. Have seen the eco indicator in all gears now except for 1st.
Reason for the AC is to keep the dust out & keep the air fresh and circulated; blower speed one on defrost setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Wish you many happy miles.
Thanks Ankur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
But 100% AC in Delhi in these months?! Do you really need the AC that much in Jan-Feb?
I am curious to know about the "ECO" indicator as well. Have you seen it flashing sometime, Nitin?
Hey Avinash - see my answers to blue above.
PS: The eco indicator light has become a game now; wanting to see it always.

Last edited by nitin.rai : 6th February 2012 at 18:58.
Old 6th February 2012, 21:27   #66
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Avinash - see my answers to blue above.
PS: The eco indicator light has become a game now; wanting to see it always.
Heh, I can complete relate to that. I try to do that all the time too.
Old 12th February 2012, 20:15   #67

Hey Nitin & Phx, Congratulations on your great rides. I booked a silver CE on Friday and will be joining the club soon. The delivery is scheduled for early March.

Nitin, will need help from you. I am in Delhi myself and will be working to pimp my ride
Old 16th February 2012, 10:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_o_hammer
Hey Nitin & Phx, Congratulations on your great rides. I booked a silver CE on Friday and will be joining the club soon. The delivery is scheduled for early March.

Nitin, will need help from you. I am in Delhi myself and will be working to pimp my ride
Hey Congratulations Joy!
I was on a Tour of Nepal on my TB that's why the delayed response.

Anytime you need help. Will PM you my cell number.

Edit: Can't PM you, PM me your cell if you had like.

Last edited by nitin.rai : 16th February 2012 at 10:42.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:04   #69
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_o_hammer View Post

Awesome, congratulations

Look forward to your ownership thread
Old 19th February 2012, 13:23   #70
BHPian

First free service update:
30 days service
Cost incurred: 0
General check, wash
Consumables: none (had thought of getting the engine oil changed by paying but there was no need at all).
Time taken: 1.5 hrs :clap

Trip Km reading on last tankful: 455
* total done by car 504.
MID mileage displayed: 15.2 kmpl
Petrol litres to top-up: 30.62
Actual mileage: 14.9 kmpl :clap

Last edited by nitin.rai : 19th February 2012 at 13:30.
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 08:56   #71
BHPian

Hi Nitin congrats on your purchase. Thanks to a fellow bhpian chevelle that I came across this post of yours about the CE. This particular variant has caught my eye since a few days as I am considering a new car.
I read through all the posts and got most bits of information I was looking for except one, does this have any kind of driver seat height adjust? manual or powered?

Rest everything is pretty cool about it, it fulfills the functional needs, apart from maybe a center armrest in the front, which I would consider more needed for those driving AT rather than MT in India.
AltoHoncho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 10:25   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho
Hi Nitin congrats on your purchase.
except one, does this have any kind of driver seat height adjust? manual or powered?
apart from maybe a center armrest in the front, which I would consider more needed for those driving AT rather than MT in India.
Thanks AltoHoncho!
The CE variant of the City does not have driver seat height adjust or the front seat armrests. Being 5 10, I haven't felt the need for a driver seat height adjust.
The driver arm rest may have helped if and when on long drives.
Already mentioned and common across all variants, the gear shifter knob is too small for an average palm and am looking for a good quality knob (difficult in the after market).
Old 27th February 2012, 10:47   #73
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Hi Nitin congrats on your purchase. Thanks to a fellow bhpian chevelle that I came across this post of yours about the CE. This particular variant has caught my eye since a few days as I am considering a new car.
I read through all the posts and got most bits of information I was looking for except one, does this have any kind of driver seat height adjust? manual or powered?

Rest everything is pretty cool about it, it fulfills the functional needs, apart from maybe a center armrest in the front, which I would consider more needed for those driving AT rather than MT in India.
Quote:
Thanks AltoHoncho!
The CE variant of the City does not have driver seat height adjust or the front seat armrests. Being 5 10, I haven't felt the need for a driver seat height adjust.
The driver arm rest may have helped if and when on long drives.
Already mentioned and common across all variants, the gear shifter knob is too small for an average palm and am looking for a good quality knob (difficult in the after market).
Just to add my 2 cents to this. I'm 5' 7" or 5' 8" (which is pretty much average Indian height, if not shorter than average), and I am ok with the driver seat height as well. I have so far not felt the need for the central arm rest either, but that may be because I have never driven a car with the centre arm-rest. The advantage of not having the centre arm-rest is that you get additional space for bottle/glass holder, which is not provided in the rear-seat centre arm-rest (unlike the other variants, which have bottle-holders in the rear-seat centre arm-rest).

Also, I have average-big sized hands, and I haven't found the gear-knob to be too small. In fact, I quite like it the way it is; and do note that I rest my hand on the gear stick quite a bit. Also, the small knob is an advantage if you're driving with your wife/girlfriend and want to teach her how the gear stick works
Old 11th March 2012, 13:21   #74
BHPian

@ nitin how was your experience with the tyre upsize ( GC, handling, FE). How much did you get for your stock ones.
Old 11th March 2012, 16:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif
@ nitin how was your experience with the tyre upsize ( GC, handling, FE). How much did you get for your stock ones.
Tamsaif,
The tyre change definitely has resulted in a quiter ride and much improved handling. The upsize also has given me about 3 mm of GC increase.
The FE may have taken a little hit but can't quantify as the change was done right after delivery.

The dealer bought back my stock Goodyears for 2k & the primacy LC were for 5.5k apiece. I have retained one stock tyre for the spare. In all 14k for the upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks