Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 03:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'

Ok, so I got the Auto Craft leather seat covers installed today. Got it done through Motor Concepts. Aman was really helpful and guided me to a great set of covers.

The car looks more sporty now and I love the feel of the interiors even more. I'll soon be putting up the pics. It sure was a heart break to see the car seats stripped down, unmounted. And then they took off the original fabric. My heart skipped a few beats. However at the end of the day it was well worth it

Now tomorrow I am going to him again to get the ICE upgraded as I am just not enjoying my music with the OE set-up. Let us see what I can come up with, I have gone through all the forums on ICE and have a fair bit of idea as to what I am looking for. It will be an install in stages. I will keep everyone updated about it.

Last edited by iFuel : 11th February 2012 at 03:09.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 06:04   #32
BHPian

The ICE upgrade thread has been submitted to the Mods for further approval through the assembly line, so it should be up anytime. Till then here are a few pics of the leather seats I got installed. Will post a few more soon

The install was done at Motor Concepts, Kirti Nagar. Total damage INR 7K. I absolutely loved them, superb fitting and lovely finish. Aman @ Motor Concepts suggested this design with the silver stitch and it really looks classy.
Attached Thumbnails
Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150501.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150505.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150514.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150819.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150832.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150839.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150844.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150850.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_150857.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_160722.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120211_160729.jpg  

Old 28th February 2012, 00:43   #33
BHPian

So finally I have completed 1K Kms in my Blu-T. It has been a wonderful journey so far. Love the way the engine revs and how she drives so pliant and capable on the roads. The turbo boost still makes me smile and the fun factor along with the ICE install is just awesome.

The average it is retuning right now is 17.6 Kms/Litre of diesel and I have my 1st service due now. Will get it serviced in the coming weekend and then let us see what the average goes to. I am pretty happy with the 17.6 considering I am an enthusiast driver
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 11:30   #34
BHPian

Hey have to ask you if you are satisfied with the AC performance of the car. Have heard from a couple of people that cooling isn't great and the blower needs to be in 3-4 position.
Old 29th February 2012, 16:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Hey have to ask you if you are satisfied with the AC performance of the car. Have heard from a couple of people that cooling isn't great and the blower needs to be in 3-4 position.
Cooling is rubbish in Blower 1 position. But for Bangalore weather, a switch to fan speed 2 in my VXI does the trick for me. However, for my requirements, once I keep the blower in position 2 for 2-3 minutes, the cabin is cooled sufficiently, which is when i switch back to 1 (which thereafter maintains the temperature). Position 1 is also noiseless, while 2 and above it pretty noisy.

Please keep in mind that my car is a dark shade (Torque Blue). Lighter shades such as white or silver may cool faster or with a lower fan speed.

In any hotter city (like Delhi, Mumbai) probably position 1 may be entirely useless in peak summer conditions.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th February 2012 at 16:21.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 19:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Cooling is rubbish in Blower 1 position. But for Bangalore weather, a switch to fan speed 2 in my VXI does the trick for me. However, for my requirements, once I keep the blower in position 2 for 2-3 minutes, the cabin is cooled sufficiently, which is when i switch back to 1 (which thereafter maintains the temperature). Position 1 is also noiseless, while 2 and above it pretty noisy.

Please keep in mind that my car is a dark shade (Torque Blue). Lighter shades such as white or silver may cool faster or with a lower fan speed.

In any hotter city (like Delhi, Mumbai) probably position 1 may be entirely useless in peak summer conditions.
hey thanks. that seems like a cause for concern. in fact, i remember during my TDs the blower was always in 3 or 4 position and it was quiet noisy.

Can someone from mumbai/delhi shed some more light on this. what blower speeds suffice? is the effectiveness of the ACC and different from the manual?
Old 29th February 2012, 23:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I own a SWIFT ZDI and it's ACC seems to be fine at present, I generally set temperature to around ~25 degrees and blower speed does not go beyond 2, have to wait till April - May to really check the effectivness of the AAC.
From my previous experiences I feel that the effectivness AC or ACC is same as older gen Swift.
Old 1st March 2012, 09:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car & the seat covers, it looks good, did you also get the steering done? I had seen the steering pic in the first page and the work was pretty bad, hope you change that
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 11:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within

I own a SWIFT ZDI and it's ACC seems to be fine at present, I generally set temperature to around ~25 degrees and blower speed does not go beyond 2, have to wait till April - May to really check the effectivness of the AAC.
From my previous experiences I feel that the effectivness AC or ACC is same as older gen Swift.
I have the ZDi and the AC performance seems to be acceptable with the ACC set at 24C. I find the AC to be quite a chiller in the evenings and at night with this setting. Day time performance though I feel is a notch lower than the ACC in my older ZXi. Only summers will bring out the true effectives of the AC/ACC.

The one thing I have seen is the ACC never goes to max blower speed when I set the temp at say 24C and the outside temp is 35C with the car parked in the sun. My ZXI's blower would start at max speed in similar situation. The ZDi's blower on the other hand would start with 4 or 5 bars and gradually reduce to 1 bar once 24C is achieved.

The throw of air from the side vents is seriously disappointing. Have you guys noticed this?
Old 1st March 2012, 21:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The throw of air from the side vents is seriously disappointing. Have you guys noticed this?
This has been pointed in GTO's offical review. All new Swifts have this issue.

Also I have completed by run-in period. What should be the ideal RPM range to upshift from 2nd to 3rd and to 4th ? I'm relatively new to turbos. When I try to upshift around 1700-1800 RPMs, as soon as I depress the clutch and release throttle( to upshift) RPM -very quickly falls down to around 1.1 - 1.2k and lack of power in this range is very annoying, it takes ages for needle to reach power band.
Any tips to tackle this would be helpful.
Old 1st March 2012, 23:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
What should be the ideal RPM range to upshift from 2nd to 3rd and to 4th ? I'm relatively new to turbos. When I try to upshift around 1700-1800 RPMs, as soon as I depress the clutch and release throttle( to upshift) RPM -very quickly falls down to around 1.1 - 1.2k and lack of power in this range is very annoying, it takes ages for needle to reach power band.
Any tips to tackle this would be helpful.
If you want to be in the turbo range always, upshift @ 2500 rpms. When an up-shift happens rpm usually drop by 500, so at 2500, you still fall in turbo zone when you up-shift.

Again, I would say up-shift based on the traffic conditions. In city traffic, I up-shift @ 1000-1500 rpm and keep moving without trying to move in low gears.
Old 1st March 2012, 23:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you want to be in the turbo range always, upshift @ 2500 rpms. When an up-shift happens rpm usually drop by 500, so at 2500, you still fall in turbo zone when you up-shift.

Again, I would say up-shift based on the traffic conditions. In city traffic, I up-shift @ 1000-1500 rpm and keep moving without trying to move in low gears.
Here I'm specifically referring to the scenerio where we need to zip through moderately dense city traffic and I try to upshift just before overtaking. Do you mean to say that I should stay in same gear ( 2nd or 3rd) until 2.5k RPMS to overtake. Again over 2.3 k RPMs I feel that NVH levels are high and intrude inside the cabin so I attempt to upshift around 1.8k RPMs. Will this NVH subside as I clock more kms? I have clocekd around 1400 kms and most of it is done on highways.
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:50   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Here I'm specifically referring to the scenerio where we need to zip through moderately dense city traffic and I try to upshift just before overtaking. Do you mean to say that I should stay in same gear ( 2nd or 3rd) until 2.5k RPMS to overtake. Again over 2.3 k RPMs I feel that NVH levels are high and intrude inside the cabin so I attempt to upshift around 1.8k RPMs. Will this NVH subside as I clock more kms? I have clocekd around 1400 kms and most of it is done on highways.
In city traffic, hanging on to 2000 rpm will be difficult. Since you don't need the surge in power, I suggest you upshift earlier. I read that the new Dzire has very thin windshield and that could be a reason for high NVH. DDiS engine is known to get better from an engine noise perspective once it starts clocking more kilometers.
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:45   #44
BHPian

congrats ifuel !
That was one hilarious prologue.. couldn't be penned down in a better way !
And 14.7 kmpl .. you're surely pampering your second baby !

Wish you many happy miles ahead with her and she serves you well, i mean the car.
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 09:53   #45
BHPian

Nice one iFuel, Take a look at my whity Zdi, She got dressed up too with 1.5mm Scandinavian Leather for Seats, Steering, Gear base, Hand Brake and Door sides from Karlsson Bangalore. Its 2 Months 3 Days old by now with 3800kms on odo.

Leather Seats costed me 30k.
Attached Thumbnails
Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01554.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01547.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01553.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01550.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01555.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01563.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01559.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-dsc01551.jpg  

webblescott is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed