Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 09:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mighty BMW 530d comes home !

Congrats on the torque monster! The colour is indeed pretty uncommon and very nice. Most of the Beemers that I see here in Bangalore are either white or grey, this colour looks pretty striking!
Old 31st January 2012, 09:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the torque monster! The colour is indeed pretty uncommon and very nice. Most of the Beemers that I see here in Bangalore are either white or grey, this colour looks pretty striking!
Yes, the color is actually uncommon but I had to compromise on the interior color scheme because of this color. I have got Oyster/Black upholstery where as I wanted either all black or Cinnamon Brown/Black but the dealership told me that since it's a CKD so they can't have custom combination of exterior & interior colors. .

In a nutshell, even if you spend 5.5 Million in our country on a car, you still won't get everything that you want.
Berry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 10:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Yes, the color is actually uncommon but I had to compromise on the interior color scheme because of this color. I have got Oyster/Black upholstery where as I wanted either all black or Cinnamon Brown/Black but the dealership told me that since it's a CKD so they can't have custom combination of exterior & interior colors. .

In a nutshell, even if you spend 5.5 Million in our country on a car, you still won't get everything that you want.

Trust me, all this just matters for a few days. Once you start driving and experiencing that torque pull, nothing else matters...& it shouldn't. So mesmerizing is the effect.
Hope you are reeling in it.
Old 31st January 2012, 19:43   #19
BHPian

Simply devastating you got your self a Beemer 530 d more powerful than the X1, phenomenal isn't it the way the car pulls right about one second after you do a kick down , wait for 6 months you ' d be wondering why you didn't get this sooner. Tube less tires careful , what was told to me was that the warranty would not be valid on the suspension if I changed from RFT to tubeless including no coverage for suspension under BSI.

Congrats on the car. Enjoy!
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 20:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Simply devastating you got your self a Beemer 530 d more powerful than the X1, phenomenal isn't it the way the car pulls right about one second after you do a kick down , wait for 6 months you ' d be wondering why you didn't get this sooner. Tube less tires careful , what was told to me was that the warranty would not be valid on the suspension if I changed from RFT to tubeless including no coverage for suspension under BSI.

Congrats on the car. Enjoy!
Thanks brother !

I have read here itself that some of the other Bimmer owners have done it too and their warranty is intact only thing that goes off from the it is the 24 hrs roadside assistance when something happens due to the tires or wheels. I may be wrong, the experts should throw more light on this
Old 31st January 2012, 20:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry

Thanks brother !

I have read here itself that some of the other Bimmer owners have done it too and their warranty is intact only thing that goes off from the it is the 24 hrs roadside assistance when something happens due to the tires or wheels. I may be wrong, the experts should throw more light on this
Well I did check on this earlier there is a difference in how the service centers see it here in south India where they make a fuss about this , you can check with navnit Bangalore and Kun madras. I did read the north Indian service centers are more accommodating.however good luck with it. I did replace one RFT at 4,000km due to sidewall cut if that helps your decision.
Old 31st January 2012, 20:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Well I did check on this earlier there is a difference in how the service centers see it here in south India where they make a fuss about this , you can check with navnit Bangalore and Kun madras. I did read the north Indian service centers are more accommodating.however good luck with it. I did replace one RFT at 4,000km due to sidewall cut if that helps your decision.
Haha ! I got 3 tires replaced due to sidewall cuts and bursting issue at 490th Km of my ownership and tomorrow morning I get my car back from the service center. So I have already eaten up 3 of my allowed 4 in a year so I will play safe by installing less bursting or cuts prone tubelesses rather than spending 20+ odd thousands on the RFTs.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:25   #23
BHPian

congrats berry and thats a dream come true man. I can truly relate to your james bond experience because i also fell in love with bmw for the first time after seeing them in bond movies.

Interesting color as well. Im sure it will get more glances then the usual silvers and whites.

congrats once again and she's one hell of a car!
Old 31st January 2012, 21:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22
congrats berry and thats a dream come true man. I can truly relate to your james bond experience because i also fell in love with bmw for the first time after seeing them in bond movies.

Interesting color as well. Im sure it will get more glances then the usual silvers and whites.

congrats once again and she's one hell of a car!
Thanks mate , the color indeed quite exclusive looks exactly like a cuban cigar and the intoxication is much more than that. ;-)
Old 1st February 2012, 11:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Berry sir,

First of all congrats on getting one of the finest cars in the world,

Secondly sorry your start was not as good as needed but believe me some times the best comes with some hardships, I'd truly recommend you stick to RFTs, fi you seek peace of mind keep a spare but give this another try, I know how bad a time you went through, but same could happen in regular tyres also where you might not even be able to drive a mile more,

just a suggestion but I'm sure you are a better judge as I was not the victim.

Have miles and miles of wonderful inline driving

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry

Haha ! I got 3 tires replaced due to sidewall cuts and bursting issue at 490th Km of my ownership and tomorrow morning I get my car back from the service center. So I have already eaten up 3 of my allowed 4 in a year so I will play safe by installing less bursting or cuts prone tubelesses rather than spending 20+ odd thousands on the RFTs.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:41   #26
BHPian

Congratulatuions Berry on acquiring one of the best passenger cars ever.The 530D IS one of my most favourite cars ever!!Nice color choice too,easier to maintain!!Wish you millions of miles of happy driving.Could you elaborate on why your tires burst??
Old 1st February 2012, 19:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI
Congratulatuions Berry on acquiring one of the best passenger cars ever.The 530D IS one of my most favourite cars ever!!Nice color choice too,easier to maintain!!Wish you millions of miles of happy driving.Could you elaborate on why your tires burst??
Thanks bro, i have posted the link to my post on what went wrong with the tires. See my first post in this thread in the negatives you shall see that link.
Old 1st February 2012, 20:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 530d Berry! Sad to hear you didn't have a great start to your ownership, i hope things get better for you. I'm sure you'd forget most of the bad experiences you've had to bear with, in your drive from the Service station to home.

Wish you many safe miles in your new car. Drive safe
Old 2nd February 2012, 01:07   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on a dream car Berry! I am sure you would have enjoyed most of your times with the car. Hope your further time with the car will bring you LOADS of HAPPY (S)MILES and a great ownership time!

It's bad that happened with the RFTs, have you heard back from the MD about your complaint?
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Berry sir,

First of all congrats on getting one of the finest cars in the world,

Secondly sorry your start was not as good as needed but believe me some times the best comes with some hardships, I'd truly recommend you stick to RFTs, fi you seek peace of mind keep a spare but give this another try, I know how bad a time you went through, but same could happen in regular tyres also where you might not even be able to drive a mile more,

just a suggestion but I'm sure you are a better judge as I was not the victim.

Have miles and miles of wonderful inline driving

Regards
Thanks S , I have now shifted to Michelin primacy tubelesses for good and going to order the spacesaver today. I was at the dealership yesterday to pick up my car after the tire replacement and as I was sitting with the insurance guy and spent around 20 minutes on his table and trust you me I heard him handling four different customers with issues of tire replacement under the BMW secure. Also I was unofficially advised by the GM-Service to switch over to regular tubelesses, so seeing and weighing all the pros and cons, I hope I have taken the right decision and also looking forward to lead happy miles with her new shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Congrats on the 530d Berry! Sad to hear you didn't have a great start to your ownership, i hope things get better for you. I'm sure you'd forget most of the bad experiences you've had to bear with, in your drive from the Service station to home.

Wish you many safe miles in your new car. Drive safe
Thanks mate, I have already started forgetting the past week. :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on a dream car Berry! I am sure you would have enjoyed most of your times with the car. Hope your further time with the car will bring you LOADS of HAPPY (S)MILES and a great ownership time!

It's bad that happened with the RFTs, have you heard back from the MD about your complaint?
Thanks very much Swift.

The office of the MD have asked for an investigation report from the dealership (as if it was their fault ). let's see how do they compensate me.

P.S - THIS SUNDAY THE WHOLE LOT OF PICS ARE COMING UP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks