Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:24   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mighty BMW 530d comes home !

Congratulations Berry! Excellent choice of body colour. Brown indeed is the season’s colour. Every other manufacturer is coming up with their own versions, but I guess BMW really got the best shade (along with the Mato brown on the Skoda Yeti).

Happy driving!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations . Thats a tourqey car right there. The color looks very nice. Some more proper day time picture would be appreciated. Ride safe.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:30   #33
BHPian

Just back from a morning photo shoot and here are the pics as promised.
Attached Images

Berry is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:36   #34
BHPian

Some more pics along with the much requested HUD pics.
Attached Images

Berry is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 12:09   #35
BHPian

I had 2 RFTs go bust after which I switched to tubeless and have been so much happier ever since.
I switched to 225/50/R17 Yokohama Advan Sport and its been almost 20-22k Kms on them and they have been absolutely brilliant.
Even though I went down on profile, the ride improved so much,its not funny.
I don't know about elsewhere but the 2 times I got RFTs replaced under Secure package, I checked the bill and the cost for the tyre each time was ~13k excluding valves,installation etc.
Old 4th February 2012, 12:30   #36
BHPian

I have never seen a BMW up close but looking at your pictures, I can assume its fit and finish are second to none. Currently I own a Tata vehicle and looking at your pictures, I am ashamed to call it one :(
Old 4th February 2012, 13:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB
I have never seen a BMW up close but looking at your pictures, I can assume its fit and finish are second to none. Currently I own a Tata vehicle and looking at your pictures, I am ashamed to call it one :(
You should never feel ashamed of your vehicle bro, recall the happiness from the day you were at the showroom taking the delivery.

BTW I forgot to mention the freebies I got apart from the solid deal

- 4 different BMW keychains and One of these is the signature 5 series keychain.

And this for my daughter

BTW
Attached Images

Berry is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 14:32   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry

You should never feel ashamed of your vehicle bro, recall the happiness from the day you were at the showroom taking the delivery.

BTW
@Berry, well said. @SumitB, recognise that you can buy about a dozen Tatas (presume you have an Indica) for the price that Berry paid. Tata is serving a genuine need, and Tata owners have nothing to be ashamed of. Be proud of your car, maintain it well, drive safely and enjoy the ride.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 15:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wonder how i missed this thread, anyways a big big congrats Berry, she looks mesmerising and the color is also going so well with the car, almost 70-80% Bmw's i have seen have been the alpine white so looks good for a change.

Am always a bmw fan and would prefer it over audi or mercedes, its like some internal connection , we are contemplating a X1 by end of 2012, would be on the look out for your ride on the roads now, if you see a guy on a big white bike waving at you then its me
Old 4th February 2012, 15:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007
Wonder how i missed this thread, anyways a big big congrats Berry, she looks mesmerising and the color is also going so well with the car, almost 70-80% Bmw's i have seen have been the alpine white so looks good for a change.

Am always a bmw fan and would prefer it over audi or mercedes, its like some internal connection , we are contemplating a X1 by end of 2012, would be on the look out for your ride on the roads now, if you see a guy on a big white bike waving at you then its me
Thanks mate. I'm already on the lookout for the guy on a white bike.

I would suggest you that you don't buy the X1 , its just a pretentious vehicle and quite potent and now it's the most dated of all the BMWs. Yellow corona rings and current 3er like interior say it all. Also the GC is just a tad more than the 3.

Spend your money wisely and buy either the new 3 or the x1 refresh , both due for launch this year.
Old 4th February 2012, 15:28   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
And this for my daughter BTW
Wow, love that one. Was that included as a freebie? Any idea how much does it retail for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
@Berry, well said. @SumitB, recognise that you can buy about a dozen Tatas (presume you have an Indica) for the price that Berry paid. Tata is serving a genuine need, and Tata owners have nothing to be ashamed of. Be proud of your car, maintain it well, drive safely and enjoy the ride.
So well agree with these comments. Very well said!

Infact that’s the beauty of these forum – meaningful interactions between car enthusiasts and owners (be it a Nano or a Jaquar)
Old 4th February 2012, 15:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Wow, love that one. Was that included as a freebie? Any idea how much does it retail for?
Yeah I forced them to give it to me as a freebie. :-p

It normally costs at Rs.8500 if I can remember.
Berry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 15:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Berry:Congrats on the 530D. Get into a dark suit and shades and get a close cut and look mean and be ready to be "The Transporter" and if someone over weight gets in push them off by saying my KONI's can support only 350 kgs in all; nothing more nothing less, like Jason Statham in hushed purposeful tone. Is that a BMW 'Potty' for your daughter? @SumitB: Your car is going to be cross with you for that comment.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 4th February 2012 at 15:53.
Old 4th February 2012, 16:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude
@Berry:Congrats on the 530D. Get into a dark suit and shades and get a close cut and look mean and be ready to be "The Transporter" and if someone over weight gets in push them off by saying my KONI's can support only 350 kgs in all; nothing more nothing less, like Jason Statham in hushed purposeful tone. Is that a BMW 'Potty' for your daughter? @SumitB: Your car is going to be cross with you for that comment.
Haha, that's not a Potty seat, it is free wheeled car where the child can sit over and drag it with his feet.

Jason Statham stint sounds nice, loved him in Transporters. I do have a close cut and a suit. Will do it tomorrow. Hahnahahaha
Old 4th February 2012, 18:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Superb set of pics! Brings out the beauty of the car very well. Congrats on the car and those pics. Lovely color for the car as well - stands aparts from the usual white coloured cars. Most of the BMW/Merc/Audi sedans I see in and around Cochin are white in color. Wonder why, when there are other brilliant shades available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
And this for my daughter
Ah! Finally something with the BMW badge that I can afford

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks