Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 09:51   #46
BHPian

Re: The Mighty BMW 530d comes home !

@Berry: Congrats on buying "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Your pride possession is surely a looker.Loved every single photo taken by you from every possible P.O.V that makes a beemer a beemer.I keep coming back to your thread couple of times a day just to admire this beauty-on-wheels since you've posted it here (I owe you an apology here for late wishes). The color you've chosen really makes your car look orgasmic. I am considering to upgrade my car in near future and BMW is the top contender (320 or 323/325 may be). Just waiting for a good deal to come by + some more moolah to accumulate in my bank account as I am not in rush. Till I drive my own, I guess I'll keep perving on your car mate. Drive safe and keep her scratch free

Cheers
Punzabi
Old 6th February 2012, 10:09   #47
BHPian

Thanks bro,

You know it's quite natural to keep on looking at the pics of the car you want to buy or the brand you want to buy for that matter. I used to keep on looking at others' Bimmers on the forum to see and owner's viewpoint on their Bimmers.

I reckon if you can buy the 3 now then that will be the perfect time to buy as they are giving out huge offers on it. The Dynamic variant is what you should look at. It has iDrive too unlike the CE.

The new 3 is launching in June so now is the time to grab good deals on the current 3.
Old 6th February 2012, 23:05   #48
BANNED

@Berry
Congrats mate on ya new ride
Ps: Will take you with me if i ever buy bimmer, your bargaining skills will help to get an better deal
Old 7th February 2012, 06:33   #49
BHPian

@Berry: Thanks for the heads up on models mate but I'm gonna buy it in Australia and they have different nomenclature here i.e 320i lifestyle, 320i exclusive etc. I can't even imagine a beemer without an iDrive. This feature makes the car even more exciting.
Old 29th November 2012, 20:33   #50
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2012 at 14:02.
deepjaju is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2012, 16:54   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
You know it's quite natural to keep on looking at the pics of the car you want to buy or the brand you want to buy for that matter.
How is your car doing Berry? Any issues apart from the tires? How much has it clocked? Any long trips? What has your FE been so far? Any ground clearance issues that you faced thus far?
Old 15th May 2013, 07:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

How is your car doing Berry? Any issues apart from the tires? How much has it clocked? Any long trips? What has your FE been so far? Any ground clearance issues that you faced thus far?
Sorry for reply so late. The car has clocked 15k by now, one service done, no issues whatsoever, just went to the Service center for oil change and filter change. I have done several day trips to Punjab from Delhi. There are a lot of GC issues for obvious reasons so have to be very cautious each time a bump comes up.

The most irritating thing is the back seat, my wife generally sits at the rear whenever our daughter travels with us, wife always cries about the stiff seat due to which she gets severe neck pain. I never used to believe her till the I sat at the back and she drove. It is outrageously awful, after spending so much money this is happening.
Berry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 10:36   #53
BHPian

You're right. The back seat isn't that comfortable. I know BMW is a driver's car and not one to be chauffeur driven but a little bit more cushioning in the rear seat would do no harm right? It's next to impossible to sit in the middle read seat. I don't think they even call it a 5 seater? I'm 5"11 plus spikes of 2-3 inches? . if I sit in the rear middle seat my hair constantly touches the lowered roof. Not so comfortable. But the drive is epic!
Old 19th May 2013, 08:08   #54
BHPian

Guys, the car came back from the first service and trust me I am all smiles. Just spent 17K for the engine oil and the filter replacement.

Zero issues till date in 12000 kms which I never expected from a european car in our conditions. I have seen bad times with Octavia and Fabia in the past.
Berry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 17:09   #55
BANNED

Any updates on the car berry ?
It's been quite some time since you updated :(

Couldn't PM you .
Old 8th March 2014, 00:03   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sumi, no updates?? Whats cooking?
Old 29th June 2015, 11:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Guys, the car came back from the first service and trust me I am all smiles. Just spent 17K for the engine oil and the filter replacement.

Zero issues till date in 12000 kms which I never expected from a european car in our conditions. I have seen bad times with Octavia and Fabia in the past.
Hi Berry, any update on your ride? Also since yours is the top of the line model in India, I had a question. Does the car get adjustable suspension? Its called the Dynamic Damping control. The suspension settings change when you switch from comfort to sport mode.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:05   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARR View Post
Hi Berry, any update on your ride? Also since yours is the top of the line model in India, I had a question. Does the car get adjustable suspension? Its called the Dynamic Damping control. The suspension settings change when you switch from comfort to sport mode.
All 530Ds have had it in India, since the F10 was launched.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
All 530Ds have had it in India, since the F10 was launched.
Hi Akshay, thanks for the reply. But I noticed that in the LCI 530d when you switch to the sports mode you dont get the option to choose between Drivetrain and Chassis. Hence I thought maybe they removed it in the LCI. Also to add, I noticed the Indian F10 does not have the Comfort+ mode, which is usually present when the dynamic damping control option is in the car.

Last edited by KARR : 29th June 2015 at 13:11.
KARR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 13:11   #60
BHPian

Also to add, I noticed the Indian F10 does not have the Comfort+ mode, which is usually present when the dynamic damping control option is in the car...

Most Viewed