Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 13:20   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mighty BMW 530d comes home !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARR View Post
Hi Akshay, thanks for the reply. But I noticed that in the LCI 530d when you switch to the sports mode you dont get the option to choose between Drivetrain and Chassis. Hence I thought maybe they removed it in the LCI. Also to add, I noticed the Indian F10 does not have the Comfort+ mode, which is usually present when the dynamic damping control option is in the car.
I don't think that screen really decides if dynamic damping is present or not. The F30 3 series, which does not have an adjustable suspension does come with that screen to choose drivetrain or chassis though.

Oddly enough BMW isn't listing it on their specsheet either.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:31   #62
BHPian

Yeah I looked at the specsheet and noticed it was not mentioned anywhere. Can the option be checked using the VIN number? If the car has adjustable suspension then it should have the mode pictured below along with comfort, sport and sport+.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mighty BMW 530d comes home !-03bmw5seriescomfort1medium.jpg  

Old 29th June 2015, 14:13   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARR View Post
Yeah I looked at the specsheet and noticed it was not mentioned anywhere. Can the option be checked using the VIN number? If the car has adjustable suspension then it should have the mode pictured below along with comfort, sport and sport+.
Not sure if comfort+ needs to be there with dynamic damping. There are too many variations to tell. I also checked some 530d VINs and dynamic damping doesn't seem to be listed there, but who knows. Why don't you post the last 7 digits here of a vin, ill check it out.
Old 29th June 2015, 16:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Not sure if comfort+ needs to be there with dynamic damping. There are too many variations to tell. I also checked some 530d VINs and dynamic damping doesn't seem to be listed there, but who knows. Why don't you post the last 7 digits here of a vin, ill check it out.
C579815

This is the VIN number of a 5 series that has the dynamic damping control. Its option 223. Only if this option is present is the suspension adaptive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks