Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 15:26   #136
BANNED

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
God knows how many times my family has cursed the Civic's limited boot space...
There you are! You find even Civic's 485L bootspace insufficient! But that's only when you need to carry things more than that. Sometimes we may find even a 1000L boot space insufficient. It all depends on the situation. IMO, New Dzire's boot is sufficient for an average family shopping trip on weekends. If I need to shift my house, I'll hire a pickup!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th February 2012 at 15:28.
Old 6th February 2012, 17:12   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
800, Swift, Alto, WagonR, Vista, i10, Santro, Beat - All these I believe have boot space varying from less than 170L to 225L. Right? Yet, half of India lives with these cars - most of them even use these cars as single cars in the family.
Just an FYI. Boot space, as i understand, in case of hatchbacks is measured up to the parcel shelf. When needed you can remove the shelf and liberate more space.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 22:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Just an FYI. Boot space, as i understand, in case of hatchbacks is measured up to the parcel shelf. When needed you can remove the shelf and liberate more space.
I always wanted an answer to this question and you pointed it out. Thanks. It is now clear that the boot space in hatches could increase significantly if the parcel tray is removed.

To be honest, I doubt that the boot space (or lack or it) will dampen the sales of the new compact DZire. It has built such a loyal fan base that the name, quite literally, is DZired by thousands of people every month.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:47   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There you are! You find even Civic's 485L bootspace insufficient! But that's only when you need to carry things more than that. Sometimes we may find even a 1000L boot space insufficient. It all depends on the situation. IMO, New Dzire's boot is sufficient for an average family shopping trip on weekends. If I need to shift my house, I'll hire a pickup!
Boot space of Civic is only about 400 litrs
Old 7th February 2012, 20:37   #140
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Also is the opening of the boot as shown in GTO pic the maximum?
Obviously not. The boot lid opens all the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Would the new Dzire cannibalize New Swift?
It will, definitely. That's why I included a differential value comparo with the Swift in the 2nd post of this review.

Quote:
800, Swift, Alto, WagonR, Vista, i10, Santro, Beat - All these I believe have boot space varying from less than 170L to 225L. Right? Yet, half of India lives with these cars - most of them even use these cars as single cars in the family. A 'sedan' with a 316L boot is an upgrade for them.
A larger part of India lives with bikes, but we can't do away with the boot altogether, can we . One of the main differentiators between a sedan & a hatchback is the boot. And the cars you've listed are no champions in lugging cargo. Cars like the Figo & Jazz have pretty well sized boots (relative to competition). Also, a car is always compared to its direct alternatives. And the fact is, the competition can hold a lot more bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There you are! You find even Civic's 485L bootspace insufficient!
The Civic's boot is 405 liters. And thanks to its shallow design, it is absolutely useless. Check the many ownership threads on the forum, including Suhaas' drive where he said that the Jazz ate up more luggage than the Civic.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 11:02   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Would at least some not feel bad when they get the all new Dzire with relatively smaller boot when contrasted to the one they checked in person at the showroom ages back?
True!

People who booked earlier considering the boot space of the earlier car will be disappointed. But, for people who wait 6+ months for a product - I dont think many of them will cancel the car - specially when they get a much better deal in all other departments (except for bootspace).
Quote:
It will, definitely. That's why I included a differential value comparo with the Swift in the 2nd post of this review.
To us - Swift might be a hot hatch and DZire is an 'afterthought sedan'. However - to most people Swift looks ugly from the rear, and DZire also looks ugly from the sides. (Few of my friends, and my girlfriend calls Swift as a frog car. Infact, if I were to listen to her - would have had a DZire in the garage soon. )

If both are ugly towards the rear- why not go for a better deal - they would surely think! Afterall - beige adds a new dimension to those interiors, some who booked petrol for city use will have a look at the automatic, and yes - some will just think of the additional status a 'sedan' will bring to the family for just a small increase in EMIs.
Quote:
And the fact is, the competition can hold a lot more bags.
Direct competition - thats where the DZire manages to get away so easily. TATA Manza is priced at 70k more (and to most people - boot or no boot, they just dont want to pay extra for TATA and take a risk), Indigo CS, Mahindra Verito, Hyundai Accent and Chevrolet Aveo are struggling to keep themselves updated with the personal buyers, and I wonder why Nissan is not pushing themselves hard (In opening dealerships and expanding reach) to compliment a nice product such as the new Sunny.

Infact, if only Toyota had got it right with the Etios, Maruti would have asked their designers to go back to the drawing board and start working on a proper looking sedan. I spent last weekend checking out petrol cars around 6L (for a friend) and the last visit of the day happened to be the Toyota Showroom. Compared to competition- the interiors felt like a cross between personal segment and commercial segment vehicles (That grey makes matters worse). However - that friend still booked the Etios (for its a Toyota + offers decent rear seat space for a chauffer driven car). Imagine how hard they could have hit Maruti if only they had given better attention to those interiors!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th February 2012 at 11:05.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:10   #142
BHPian

I was sold on the "Pacific Blue" colour after seeing the photos from the Buddh Circuit reviews and the brochure.

However, after seeing it in the flesh, albeit under showroom fluorescent lighting, I find that the colour is more "Sea Green" then a Blue.

Has anyone seen it under sunlight? What are your impressions? Do you like the colour or not (even if you won't buy it)?
Old 9th February 2012, 18:51   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Drop in a dealership, and just complain the swift's boot does not seem okay, voila, they present you the new dzire at a minimal price hike. "Aam aadmi" is told that waiting period for dzire is lesser, has a more utilitarian value - and there you go, sign in for a dzire. we always believe in getting something "bigger" than what you want.

I'm just quoting what I heard at dealership, while awaiting a running repair for my car. This just reassures what you guys have forecasted.
devsoftech is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 19:29   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Direct competition - thats where the DZire manages to get away so easily.
Very true, SX4 is an example which shows Maruti badge will not help when there is a good competitor.

Regarding Dzire sales, with chances of increase in the diesel car price soon, there are high chances that some of the Swift Waiting list customers may opt for Dzire to get the delivery soon and escape from the price hike.
Old 9th February 2012, 21:16   #145
BHPian

Today I had a small drive of the new dzire DDiS model and here are my observations :
- Honestly the car looks far better than the outgoing model. There was a old dzire in the yard and it is very easy to classify new dzire as much more acceptable design. Just the side profile looks bit awkward but people won't mind that. Btw boot looks extremely small from outside, almost inexistent from some angles.

- Build quality has improved a lot though the car feels like typical maruti : LIGHT. Its not hollow sounding like the Etios though. But most of its competitors feel heavier.

- Interior decorum is spot on. Beige effect has made this car feel lot more spacious even though it isn't so. Quality is more than decent and 70-80 % fit and finish is good. Some bits feel badly finished like buttons and levers for its price. Quality is a good step ahead for Maruti.
9 lakhs rupees SX4 feels inferior in terms of plastic quality inside.

- Too much of beige will attract dirt. Knobs,gearbox and carpet should have been black.

- Front seats a comfortable and visibility is good.
Rear space is strictly hatchback standard. Legroom is ok but headroom is bit compromised IMO (same with new Swift). 3 at rear is tight business. Thigh support is decent. Outgress isn't very good either. DONOT expect sedan like space. But Old dzire was no different.

- Boot space is ok. 3 medium size suitcases is what people want and most people will accept the space IMO. If more, then Dzire isnot a car for you unfortunately. Get Etios diesel.

- Drive was more or less similar to the outgoing car. Engine is silent and NVH is good. Efficient drive. Typical Maruti. Lag is there.

- Ride felt little choppy at low speeds. There is no FIAT like superflat ride for sure. Maybe the ride improves with speed. 5 minutes of drive is never conclusive.

- Easy to park

Last edited by GTO : 10th February 2012 at 23:17. Reason: Please proof-read your posts before submitting. "Badge" changed to "Beige"
Old 9th February 2012, 22:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
I was sold on the "Pacific Blue" colour after seeing the photos from the Buddh Circuit reviews and the brochure.

However, after seeing it in the flesh, albeit under showroom fluorescent lighting, I find that the colour is more "Sea Green" then a Blue.

Has anyone seen it under sunlight? What are your impressions? Do you like the colour or not (even if you won't buy it)?
Anoop, you are not alone. Even I did not like the way Pacific blue looked in direct sunlight. Not sea green but quite close.
I would anyday opt for glistening grey over any other color offered.
Old 9th February 2012, 23:27   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post

Spot on !
It doesn't look as good as it looks in photos.
It doesn't look 'blue' at all.
Bit greenish.
Glistening silver is also my choice.
Old 9th February 2012, 23:33   #148
BHPian

Is the boot not closed correctly? or is that a huge panel gap?
Old 10th February 2012, 00:23   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

I chanced to spot this new looking car moving at a pretty good lick ; followed the car like the Paparazzi , overtook it at a bottleneck and moved to the next intersection and snapped it.

The All New Swift Dzire looks real great when viewed from the rear.

This ZDI that I snapped had its full complement of five adults

take a look ; the rear wheel seems to be holding well
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-09022012046.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th February 2012 at 01:07. Reason: no acronyms for cars allowed.
Old 10th February 2012, 12:01   #150
BHPian

I checked out the Dzire VDI in display at Vishnu Motors in Chennai. A few points of note

1) Was checking if I can get a new Dzire faster than my booked Swift but the official wait time listed for ZDI is 8 months against Swift 6 months.
2) The car's does not *look* much longer than the new Swift.
3) Rear seat incline is much better than new Swift.
4) As other have observed, pacific blue is bluish green and personally prefer the torque blue of the Swift.
5) The door on the Ritz which was standing near by closes with a better thud & precision than Dzire/Swifts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks