Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 10:54   #166
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Even I think maruti mis-calculated the potential of the blue colour. I know of a dealer in Pune who has a blue colour zdi available for delivery.
Old 16th February 2012, 11:35   #167
BHPian

Interestingly a maruti dealer at our place mentioned that if someone cancels a 'black' dzire/swift after booking it then the booking amount will not be refunded before somebody else buys that allocated black dzire !
I don't know what principle is the dealer/company applying but it looks like they are having a hard time selling the black shade.

Pacific blue looks so different in real that it almost shocks the people who go by the catalogue/website images. As mentioned above its should have been 'Pacific green'
Old 16th February 2012, 20:59   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip
now is it possible to install the hatchback Swifts rear suspension which should to an extent carry the hatchbacks handling charecteristics over to the notchback.
Sure is.

Thank you GTO, Sorry for sticking to this thought, but I think the dzire is bit more practical than the hatchback but the hatchback's ride and handling is definitely impressive. So from my point of veiw spending about 5k-7k to change the Rear Springs and Shock absorbers should result in much better ride and handling which will be closer to the hatchback and overall (dartable and chuckable handling, enthusiatic steering and rev friendly engine in Dzire, same time Maruti genuine parts) will be better than the Etios as I think the Dzire is more appealing than the Etios.
Or will it, be better than Etios in handling then? Please let me know your thoughts.
Appreciate your help here. Thanks.
Old 17th February 2012, 09:21   #169
BHPian

Saw a white new Swift Dzire yesterday.
Must admit, the car looks much better in the flesh, than in pictures.

Is the new Dzire only made for the Indian market ?
Old 17th February 2012, 10:45   #170
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on new Dzire AT details / drive? I may seriously think for this option vs. Jazz. Dealer has no AT for TD. I remember reading somewhere it is a 4 speed AT. Have they kept the engine the same?
Old 17th February 2012, 10:54   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes it is a 4-speed Automatic.

See GTO's review page #4.

Cheers,
Old 18th February 2012, 17:05   #172
BHPian

Booked my new White Dzire VXi today after a lot of thinking and evaluation. The expected arrival is somewhere in First Week of March. Thinking to upsize and upgrade to Michelin (185-70 R14) and remove the stock MRF (165-80 R14). The car though not that great on shape (my opinoin) the features and driving pleasure are definitely value for money. No other car has these features in this cost.
Old 19th February 2012, 12:57   #173
BHPian

Dear team,

Having waited eternally for my Brio S MT - I booked it in Dec mid and might get it by March mid - I have cancelled the Brio booking and booked a Pacific Blue Dzire Lxi last week .
Later changed the booking to Vxi...The car would cost me around 6.1 lac which is around 90K more than the Brio S MT.

Will pen down my thoughts on this car and booking experience later.
Old 19th February 2012, 14:19   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
Dear team,

Having waited eternally for my Brio S MT - I booked it in Dec mid and might get it by March mid - I have cancelled the Brio booking and booked a Pacific Blue Dzire Lxi last week .
Congratulations MadhuG for booking the new dzire. What is the waiting period for your car or is it available off the shelf?
Old 19th February 2012, 14:24   #175
BHPian

Last week, a friend of mine bought a new Swift Dzire Vdi , same color as the review car here. The very first thing , I noticed was the interior quality and finish is clearly a step up from the prev-Dzire.The plastic quality and dual tone reminded me of my current car 2007 model Honda accord! I drove it for a kilometer or two, the very first thing that i didnt like was that the gear lever when used is a bit notchy!. I mean, I have extensively driven my cousin Swift 1.3L petrol, its gear usage is far better than the new swift Dzire!!?
Old 19th February 2012, 14:33   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Congratulations MadhuG for booking the new dzire. What is the waiting period for your car or is it available off the shelf?
Thanks. Dzire - off the shelf?? I hope it were true... The waiting period informed to me was around a month... Trying to get it before that.
Old 19th February 2012, 15:11   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Last week, a friend of mine bought a new Swift Dzire Vdi , same color as the review car here. The very first thing , I noticed was the interior quality and finish is clearly a step up from the prev-Dzire.The plastic quality and dual tone reminded me of my current car 2007 model Honda accord! ?
Bull's eye!
All these days I was thinking of the resemblance of dzire's interior with some car. Yes, it seems to be inspired from previous gen Accord (which is not a bad thing actually )

Quote:
Thanks. Dzire - off the shelf?? I hope it were true... The waiting period informed to me was around a month... Trying to get it before that.
In any case you would get your car (be it brio or dzire) in March then why did you cancel the brio? Is it actually because of the waiting period or you felt the upgrade is feasible ?

Last edited by Turbokick : 19th February 2012 at 15:20.
Old 19th February 2012, 15:56   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear team,

Later changed the booking to Vxi...The car would cost me around 6.1 lac which is around 90K more than the Brio S MT.

Will pen down my thoughts on this car and booking experience later.
Given that you must have test driven both cars well, how do you feel the handling of the two compare. I test drove the Brio and felt it was one of the best handling cars out there. Reminded me a lot of the old Mini's in the way it was packaged with the wheels out at the corners. The 1.2 engine is peppy enough for the Brio but feels a bit underpowered in the Jazz when the Brio and Jazz are driven back to back.
Old 19th February 2012, 16:06   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I test drove the Brio and felt it was one of the best handling cars out there. Reminded me a lot of the old Mini's in the way it was packaged with the wheels out at the corners. The 1.2 engine is peppy enough for the Brio but feels a bit underpowered in the Jazz when the Brio and Jazz are driven back to back.
Both the Brio and the Swift are good handlers. I don't think the wart on the Dzire makes it any less of a handler. I haven't driven the Dzire yet, but the Brio is a very sharp handler. The steering is light but direct and has good amount of feel to it. In many ways, it reminded me of the old Zen.

The 1.2 is a wonderful engine and arguably, the best small-capacity petrol-mill out there today. It isn't under-powered at all. The lack of grunt in the Jazz can be attributed to the tall gearing and lack of bottom-end torque. The 'box in the Jazz requires attention. But they didn't bother.

In the Brio though, they tweaked the 'box so that the delivery of torque would be quicker and lower in the rev-band.

Maruti's K-Series motors are quite good too, and the 'box in the Swift compliments the engine brilliantly. It's better than Honda's unit. But not by much I'd say.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 16:52   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Both the Brio and the Swift are good handlers. I don't think the wart on the Dzire makes it any less of a handler. I haven't driven the Dzire yet, but the Brio is a very sharp handler. The steering is light but direct and has good amount of feel to it. In many ways, it reminded me of the old Zen.

The 1.2 is a wonderful engine and arguably, the best small-capacity petrol-mill out there today. It isn't under-powered at all. The lack of grunt in the Jazz can be attributed to the tall gearing and lack of bottom-end torque. The 'box in the Jazz requires attention. But they didn't bother.

In the Brio though, they tweaked the 'box so that the delivery of torque would be quicker and lower in the rev-band.

Maruti's K-Series motors are quite good too, and the 'box in the Swift compliments the engine brilliantly. It's better than Honda's unit. But not by much I'd say.
Could that set up possibly have been in the interest of highway cruising ability, or is it just that the set up has not been changed from the 1.5L engine

Anyway, do you feel that the handling of the Dzire on the highway will only impact on enthusiasts sales, or will it affect the general public. I agree that softer suspension settings are good for comfort and if you keep the speed low then body roll is not an issue, but can any of us do that on a highway. That is one of the reasons I love driving my Esteem on the highway. It handles like a dream though it feels a tad skittish at high speed. Am just wondering if this is normal or is there anything I need to get corrected on my car. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks