Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 18:31   #331
BHPian

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
If its between Jazz and dzire petrol, I think you can go ahead with the Jazz.
Jazz's interior space is unreal and I like the dashboard configuration. Even in terms of boot volume it beats the dzire fair and square.

Dzire's advantage will be a better (more refined) suspension and Maruti's widespread service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is there any comparo between a jazz x?
What do you guys think, I am thinking of dropping the dzire and opting for the jazz x.
I too had considered Jazz X and Dzire ZXI when I was in market during March'12. What made me to opt Dzire was delays in Jazz delivery (I was quoted waiting period of 6 months vs 8 weeks waiting for Dzire). Otherwise I would have also opted for Jazz.

However after driving my Dzire ZXi for around 1K Km (so far), I don't regret my descision. Pros for Dzire are equally smooth VVT petorl engine, comes loaded with features (top end version), very good ground clearnace, roomy interiors (If not as spacious as Jazz, Dezire definately gives a fell of big cabin space) and lastly very good Maruti network.
Old 6th June 2012, 22:43   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit

I too had considered Jazz X and Dzire ZXI when I was in market during March'12. What made me to opt Dzire was delays in Jazz delivery (I was quoted waiting period of 6 months vs 8 weeks waiting for Dzire). Otherwise I would have also opted for Jazz.

However after driving my Dzire ZXi for around 1K Km (so far), I don't regret my descision. Pros for Dzire are equally smooth VVT petorl engine, comes loaded with features (top end version), very good ground clearnace, roomy interiors (If not as spacious as Jazz, Dezire definately gives a fell of big cabin space) and lastly very good Maruti network.
decided (again )on the dzire.

god ,but Honda's sales team is pathetic!! !
absolutely no response for a td.
last time around also, when i wanted to td the brio,2 times they didn't turn up for a scheduled td!!
Old 9th June 2012, 20:14   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Dzire heads to Uruguay!

Quote:
The LHD version of the Dzire now heads to Uruguay to repeat the same success story. Uruguay gets the 1.2 K series petrol engine with 86 bhp mated to a 5 speed manual transmission. They do not get the diesel version or the automatic version.
Maruti Swift Dzire hopes to make a success story in Uruguay

Cheers!
Old 12th June 2012, 13:53   #334
BHPian

Hi,

Got my new Swift Dzire VXI last month (grey)
wanted to know the options for side mouldings for the new Swift Dzire, all is see on road are wide (and a bit horrible looking) black side mouldings available in MA dealers, is there some co. which sells body colored side moldings or If i can purchase them online, any info particular to Bangalore would be most welcome
Old 12th June 2012, 14:46   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

decided (again )on the dzire.

god ,but Honda's sales team is pathetic!! !
absolutely no response for a td.
last time around also, when i wanted to td the brio,2 times they didn't turn up for a scheduled td!!
glistening grey vxi delivered yesterday.

with 5 liters of petrol! !!!
and here i was thinking that there was no deal on the dzire.

current trends, THAT is an offer!

bad ride till the air pump, where i found 60 psi all around.
will use my hiatus to pen down the complicated, ultra, process.
Old 12th June 2012, 15:21   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Hi,

Got my new Swift Dzire VXI last month (grey)
wanted to know the options for side mouldings for the new Swift Dzire, all is see on road are wide (and a bit horrible looking) black side mouldings available in MA dealers, is there some co. which sells body colored side moldings or If i can purchase them online, any info particular to Bangalore would be most welcome
Check with the dealer if they could paint the MGA ones to body color. I got the bumper corner protectors painted to body color with reasonable degree of color matching at MSM Chennai with photos posted in the official Swift review thread. The cost of painting (Rs 1.2k) was more than the bumper gaurds themselves (Rs 600). I picked up the protector of the old swift since it will be very difficult to paint the one that comes for the new Swift/Dzire as the material seems more rubber than plastic.

MSM also offered to paint my black side door protectors for Rs 2500 which I did not take.

However today, I saw a better looking bumper corner protectors at an after market accessory shop (Carex brand from Taiwan) costing Rs 900. Have seen them installed on a few etios and Fords and they look good.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 00:49   #337
BHPian

In the quest for a small AT car, I am almost decided on Dzire-AT over i20-AT.

Is the ride comfort in Dzire-AT likely to be superior to i20-AT?

Currently we've an Optra, and would like the ride comfort to be as close as possible, while enjoying the advantages of a small-AT in the city driving\parking.

We did explore A-star and i10, but moved away looking for more ride comfort. Also, we don't want a longer car than i20\Dzire, so we're not looking at other AT-sedans.

By the way, GTO's Dzire review here is superbly detailed. Thanks !!!
Old 27th June 2012, 08:51   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
In the quest for a small AT car, I am almost decided on Dzire-AT over i20-AT.

Is the ride comfort in Dzire-AT likely to be superior to i20-AT?

Currently we've an Optra, and would like the ride comfort to be as close as possible, while enjoying the advantages of a small-AT in the city driving\parking.

We did explore A-star and i10, but moved away looking for more ride comfort. Also, we don't want a longer car than i20\Dzire, so we're not looking at other AT-sedans.
I just moved from corsa sail to ertiga. Not the exact change you are looking for. But I can relate to what you are saying. ertiga, even though is much bigger, heavier, and comes with bigger tires, is not in the same league of corsa.

You will be disappointed by the ride quality of the suzuki. vento AT will match optra, but not the dezire.

I am not sure about i20.

Last edited by gkrishn : 27th June 2012 at 08:55.
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:13   #339
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/145547.jpg

Had a question , why is the lower panel of all versions of swift and dzire bubbled up. Even the review car has this thing. what is the reason for this. looks a bit ugly doesn't it? I tried searching for an answer could not get any ..
Old 14th July 2012, 06:04   #340
BHPian

Has the waiting for dzire come down drastically?

I had booked one 4 months ago. Dealer got 1 yr waiting form signed from me where it mentioned that I am aware of long wait period of minimum 365 days.

yesterday evening sales person came home to tell my dezire had arrived.

In the mean time I had picked up SX4 VVT pre owned 1 yr old 10.8K on odo for a good price. Happy with SX4, actually I won't buy this one. Moment news got spread, lot of calls came for me to exchange my booking with them. Some were ready to pay 5K over and above booking fees that I paid.

Good business ain't it?
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:31   #341
BHPian

My father purchased the 2012 Maruti Dzire, 1.2 K series, VXi, 4 speed Automatic, having the more capable ZXi / ZDi braking kit (ABS with EBD) on my birthday (18 July 2012), exactly 29 years after our first car (Isuzu Gemini Diesel 1983 model, 1817 cc) came home. This is our first petrol car. The previous one had a diesel heart and I too own a 2010 diesel Figo. Its too smooth and clatter free for our liking but I believe we will get used to the silence. At present it has run just 125 Kms and is giving a mileage of 11.1 kmpl as per the MID (mix of 30:70 highway and city drive) with 100% AC. And hey, forgot to mention the super chilling AC! It simply brilliant!

My father and mother at the dealership with the new buy.
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-dsc02325tbhp.jpg

At home.
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-dsc_0481-tbhp.jpg

Old beauty!
Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire-100_1724-resized-no-tbhp.jpg

More hopefully in the new ownership thread.

Last edited by Diesel lover : 23rd July 2012 at 01:42. Reason: addition
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:49   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/145547.jpg

Had a question , why is the lower panel of all versions of swift and dzire bubbled up. Even the review car has this thing. what is the reason for this. looks a bit ugly doesn't it? I tried searching for an answer could not get any ..
The running board [where you noticed the bubble] will have a plastic (?) coating to prevent damage due to scrapes. That's why it's got bubbles. It's NOT pure paint all the length of the running board. I presume not only Swift / Dzire, all cars should have that.
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:11   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
My father purchased the 2012 Maruti Dzire, 1.2 K series, VXi, 4 speed Automatic, having the more capable ZXi / ZDi braking kit (ABS with EBD) on my birthday (18 July 2012), exactly 29 years after our first car (Isuzu Gemini Diesel 1983 model, 1817 cc) came home. More hopefully in the new ownership thread.
Congratulations to you & your father & yes belated birthday wishes to you. Could you please share with us the pricing break-up? The Isuzu Gemini Diesel looks in pristine condition even after 29 years, if you haven't told its age, I would have safely assumed it to be under 10 years of age. How much has it run?

Looking forward to your ownership thread with loads of pictures. I am sure your father is going to enjoy the Automatic. It would be so relaxing for him to drive in the maddening city traffic.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:02   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
not only Swift / Dzire, all cars should have that.
Nopes manually checked neighbours Hyundai santro and misc. other cars in the building parking lot - only swift/dzire has it AFAIK
Old 24th July 2012, 09:23   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations to you & your father & yes belated birthday wishes to you. Could you please share with us the pricing break-up? The Isuzu Gemini Diesel looks in pristine condition even after 29 years, if you haven't told its age, I would have safely assumed it to be under 10 years of age. How much has it run?

Looking forward to your ownership thread with loads of pictures. I am sure your father is going to enjoy the Automatic. It would be so relaxing for him to drive in the maddening city traffic.
Thanks a lot for the wishes AutoIndian. The pricing break up is as follows:

6.67 L - Ex showroom price
34.5 K - Third and Fourth year warranty, Insurance, Logistic charges and Temporary number
Freebies - Parking sensors, Floor mats, Car Perfume and Teflon coating on top

Isuzu Gemini has run 2.30 L kms till date and it would be hard to believe that its engine is still brand new (no overhaul) and gives a mileage of 13 to 15 in city and 17 at highways thanks to its kerb weight of only 960 kgs.

We had to go in for an automatic as my dad has a stiff left leg (can't bend). Isuzu is a manual car having hand controlled clutch. This car was imported from Japan on special order having all the fitments in place for my father. The Japanese people even made sure to move the steering to the RHS as per the Indian driving rules.

For more pics of the car, please click here.
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks