Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 22:36   #61
BHPian

Re: I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta 1.5 Tdci

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
You just have to drive it once to be a fan of this car. Think of it as a much more mature Figo at 3 lakhs more. Of those 3 lakhs, 70k goto govt for taxes, the remaining 2.3 lakhs get you a boot, better styling, better handling, better engine, better mileage. Any Figo owner will feel at home in Fiesta, and he will feel that Fiesta just magnifies Figo's qualities further by pushing the envelop and bar higher!
Due to these reasons most of the figo owners see the fiesta as a natural upgrade. You are right in every sense. And stop provoking me for an upgrade as the EMI's of my figo are still on..
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 01:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Think of it as a much more mature Figo at 3 lakhs more. Of those 3 lakhs, 70k goto govt for taxes, the remaining 2.3 lakhs get you a boot, better styling, better handling, better engine, better mileage. Any Figo owner will feel at home in Fiesta, and he will feel that Fiesta just magnifies Figo's qualities further by pushing the envelop and bar higher!
Aseem: Seems you have a got a terrific discount that too in diesel which is currently unusual. Figo Titanium in Mumbai costs OTR 6.8L and Fiesta Titanium is more than 12L OTR and close to 13L for Titanium +
So the Gap is pretty Big ie more than 5L. Plus there is a Fiesta Classic inbetween these two therefore the price gap to ensure that each car competes in a different segment and not with each other.
Old 10th February 2012, 01:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Due to these reasons most of the figo owners see the fiesta as a natural upgrade. You are right in every sense. And stop provoking me for an upgrade as the EMI's of my figo are still on..
Take the plunge, you wont be dissapointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Aseem: Seems you have a got a terrific discount that too in diesel which is currently unusual. Figo Titanium in Mumbai costs OTR 6.8L and Fiesta Titanium is more than 12L OTR and close to 13L for Titanium +
So the Gap is pretty Big ie more than 5L. Plus there is a Fiesta Classic inbetween these two therefore the price gap to ensure that each car competes in a different segment and not with each other.
I am actually comparing Figo Titanium with Fiesta Style so the discount is not as huge as you think. However I feel the comparison is fair imo as in Style Fiesta you get the following:

- Onboard Stereo (sans USB present in Figo)
- Steering mounted audio controls (Absent in Figo)
- ABS/EBD
- Dual Airbags
- Alloys *
- Guide me home headlams (Absent in Figo)
- Indicators on OVRM (Absent in Figo)
- Fat and meaty tires (Absent in Figo)
- Tweeters (Absent in Figo)
- MID Display (Absent in Figo)
- Fog Lamps (Missing in Fiesta)

Therefore if you factor in aftermarket alloys, Figo Titanium and Fiesta are pretty evenly matched. Therefore if you compare the Figo Titanium with Fiesta Style, all of a sudden there is not such a huge differnce anymore. And no I didnt get an astronomical discount, lets just say its comparable to whats being offered on 2011 Vento Tdi.

In addition I feel Fiesta Titanium is over 10 lakhs therefore govt takes more taxes. With Fiesta Style and Trend you end up saving on road tax. Not that I am complaining. In Gurgaon road tax is 4%, higher than last year, but still way better than other states.

Last edited by aseem : 10th February 2012 at 01:29.
Old 10th February 2012, 02:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

re: I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!

Aseem,

Congrats on the new acquisition.

The alloys look great ; and only ups the oomph factor.

Please ensure you get the car washed and cleaned twice a week so that the color retains its gloss ; extremely tough to maintain as I have a similar colour.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 02:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Aseem,

Congrats on the new acquisition.

The alloys look great ; and only ups the oomph factor.

Please ensure you get the car washed and cleaned twice a week so that the color retains its gloss ; extremely tough to maintain as I have a similar colour.
I am not sure I understand? You are suggesting only clean it 2 days and than for remaining 5 days drive a dusty car? I am just asking my regular cleaner to clean it daily. Please advise and ellaborate.
Old 10th February 2012, 04:58   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

This color shows up even the finest dust very vividly

So frequent cleaning is important . Twice a week would be fine but if you can get it cleaned daily,nothing like it.

Just make sure the cleaner uses clean water
Old 10th February 2012, 08:47   #67
BHPian

We have a navy blue i10 in our family at noida, which is cleaned by the cleaner daily and it is full of hairline scratches and swirls in just a year. The finish has become dull. You should give him clear instructions regarding clean bucket & water, clean cloth etc. I have seen they clean the windows, windscreen and body with the same cloth which they have used to clean the muddy wheels..
Old 10th February 2012, 20:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

For all you peeping tom's out there, my baby has just come out of a shower... Look at her beautiful eyes looking at the building
Attached Thumbnails
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0224.jpg  

Old 10th February 2012, 20:13   #69
BHPian

The tyres peeping out is giving it a 'ready to pounce' stance.The headlamps fixed on the prey and the side rear view mirror as a sensitive ears listening even the minor motions of it.. As if your BLUE PUMA is ready to attack!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 21:35   #70
BHPian

Aseem! This review of yours has got me thinking. I'm in the market for a diesel sedan & I was looking at the Jetta, Cruze & Altis.
After seeing this review, I'm having second thoughts about these cars. As a matter of fact, the Fiesta was never a contendor.
Thanks a lot for enlightening me
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 21:57   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Aseem! This review of yours has got me thinking. I'm in the market for a diesel sedan & I was looking at the Jetta, Cruze & Altis.
After seeing this review, I'm having second thoughts about these cars. As a matter of fact, the Fiesta was never a contendor.
Thanks a lot for enlightening me
Thanks bud. If I was you I would drop Altis and Cruise altogether. Altis is an "uncles" car no offense meant to anyone, but its just a people mover from point a to be point b in comfort. Cruise has a significant turbo lag in the city. In US during my car rentals I found its suspension not upto par, not sure how it is in India.

As far as Jetta is concerned, if you want a bigger car, and parking etc are non issues I would say go ahead by all means. And if you want to save some moolah and yet want the driving feel upto par with Jetta, I would suggest take Fiesta out for a drive, it would surprise you!
Attached Thumbnails
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-rsz_img_0220.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-rsz_img_0221.jpg  

aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 22:06   #72
BHPian

Every spec in your car is just right except the USB. What solution have you figured out? I am cursing the ICE on my car just for the same cause!
Old 10th February 2012, 23:27   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Isn't this common for most of the cars - for the rear doors? Even the Figo should have something similar.
I believe this child lock is common for all Ford vehicle... In my fusion also has the same kind of lock. But remember that this lock are only for the rear door, not the front door.

By the way I recently saw a Blue Fiesta on the road, Looks excellent Congrat !!!
Old 13th February 2012, 12:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

This weekend took the Fiesta to bodyshop. Some snaps I took when the car was up on rails:

Few observations:

- The car is very nicely packed underneath
- Ther is an engine cover, so I can rest assured that there will be minimal underbody damage over nasty speedbreakers
- There is slight rust as seen in other Fiesta's near the front axle. Got it in writing that this is normal and its due to the fact that this is cast iron. They didnt spray rubber paint as they stated it might effect the braking.

Areas of Concern:
- The left front bottoms out (I think I am not sure) when doing speeds and going over a slight hump on road. Upon landing the the left front of the car makes "chunk" noise. This is probably due to the upsize of the tyre. Going to tire workshop next weekend to get it inspected. But this sound is very rare so I am guessing I need to take it easy over bad roads a bit! This is the only cause of heart ache so far as the car begs you to push it, and this is acting as a deterrant :(. P.S. This is only due to occasional spirited driving getting the better of me. But still needs to be addressed!
Attached Thumbnails
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-rsz_1img_0241.jpg  

Attached Images

aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 13:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aseem! The Fiesta looks excellent in BLUE

The front is perfectly designed and carries a lot of aggression while the rear design is too laid back. Ford engineers went conservative while designing the rear profile of this beautiful car! I hope I get used to that plain rear profile of an otherwise beautiful sedan!

The underbody cover, is that made of plastic!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks