Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 23:41   #16
BHPian

re: I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!

I'm not exactly going to congratulate you as I'm jealous. This is so unfair that Fiesta gets this gorgeous blue color and Figo doesn't! If Figo were available in this blue color, I would have bought in this color!

From photos, it looks like you bought it from Harpreet Ford, Motinagar. Am I correct? I bought my Figo from there in Sept'11.

And sir, I've a complaint. The number of pics are not enough. I want at least 20 more pics, covering every angle of this blue beauty
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 00:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aseem, yours is a really great buy I must say. Here in India we don't look further than the price and maybe mileage. Very few people know about the features offered by new Fiesta, Yeti, Fusion (I own one), Aria. But you ask minutest detail about XUV500 anyone will tell you in detail.
So shout out loud all the features on your ownership thread so people will come to realise what they are missing. Here in Goa, people have good taste in cars but I have still not seen more than two new Fiestas (or even same car twice as both were white). Believe me, I was offered by my used car dealer a new Fiesta Diesel (must be Titanium) for 8 lacs which was 6-8 months old as the person has upgraded to Endeavor or Outlander (can't recollect). As I am not Sedan type, I declined that offer with a heavy heart. As regards handling and steering I am sure it should be one of the best (I have not driven) from what I've experienced in my Fusion+.
Old 6th February 2012, 00:29   #18

Awesome car bro, congrats, you made the right choice. I was blown away looking at the build quality of the car. (I already own a S10 and i am a fiatian) I so wished Fiesta Hatch was here by now before the prices increased.

The later it would get launched meant more the price hence got myself Punto90 delivered day before. No regrets but I so wish it was a fiesta hatch instead. Going by the Fiesta sedan; the dash, the space, the seats, the heavy doors, the minimal turbo lag, the EPS yet superb, man this drive is awesome.
Old 6th February 2012, 05:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, this ford looks good and i am sure it has all the bells and whistles to keep you engaged for long long time.

The interiors are the most exciting part in Ford and there is no picture of the same, please upload some interior pictures of the car.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 07:20   #20
BHPian

Congrats Aseem. Absolutely loved the Kinetic Blue Wish you a fantastic ownership experience. Choice of alloys could have been better though. Something big
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 07:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Aseem on the Ford, the colour looks fantastic on the car. I remember drooling over the acqurias blue on the 1.6S a few years back.

I can see you settled down for the Yokos and the alloys add enough muscle to the car. What was the deal with the JKs? How much did the alloys cost you.

I am sure you will enjoy many happy mile crunching, drive safely. Can you post some pics of the interior please esp the dashboard. I simply love the futurstic looking dashboard.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 09:10   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase Aseem .

This colour goes great with black. I just pictured this Fiesta with black alloys and, boy, she looked hot. Ever thought of 'blackening' your alloy wheels?
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 09:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes. To sum it up, there are cars and than there is Fiesta...

Few observations after reading your posts so far:

- Folks dont like the choice of alloys. I had a few options but thought these are the only 1's that make the 15 inchers look close to 16 due to their long spokes.

- Going for 16 inchers was something that came as highly no no from reading the post in the forum. The 15 inchers look big enough on this leaving no gaps.

- Tire selection was Yoko S.Drive 205/55/15 as my brother has them on his car and swears by them. Heard that if you constantly drive at 180 kmph and these tires get hot, they become a sucidal tire. Well if you are driving at those speeds in India, I guess most tires would become sucidal and killer at the same time. I dont plan on doing those speeds in India. Safety not only for me but for pedestrians too comes first before any thrill of hitting 180 kmph for sustained period of time. Request all bhpians to keep their boy racers tamed.

Few more Pros of the car that I couldnt highlight last night:

- The engine is very very silent on the inside and even suprisingly standard by diesel standards on the outside. The diesel clatter is not there, kudos to Ford. Being global engines, the NVH is fantastic.

- Fiesta is sold in US of A too unlike some other cars in this segment that are made for developing countries. Therefore rear seat space (leg room) cant compete with cars made for India. This is a drivers car.

- The MID display shows lot of things and settings. For e.g. Passenger Door is Open. Settings for how many times should turn indicators flash when changing lanes.

- Follow me home headlights. These operate even when you open the car at night. They will light up and show you the car. In addition when going out of the car at night too, these remain on.

- Dashboard plastic and texture are mixed bag. Some very good bits on top of the dash, very soft touch headlight button, all window buttons light up at night. The bad bits are the lower dash.

- Ride is absolutely pliant on bad roads and small speedbreakers can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Some bits that are missing....

- Sorely missed the sporty seats. This car needs them badly considering the cornering speed it can handle. Not that the current seats in Style and Trend model is bad, but has less thigh support. These seats are only available in Titanium and Titanium +.

Miscellaneous Stuff

- The engine has more than enough grunt for the City at 205 NM and 91 PS. For a car thats just 70-100 kg heavier than the Swift Diesel (a perfomer in the hatch segment) this car has 15 nm more torque and 15 ps of more power.

- 0-100 kmph comes a little over 2 seconds compared to Vento. In real world conditions this doesnt mean much as no one is doing timed runs nor do we have the roads. However what this translates too is that thanks to the taller gearing and relatively less torque than Vento, you do require more gearshifts. However this will keep your wallet happy with even fewer trips to the gas station.

- This car can eat other cars in this segment even with this engine on the track. Maybe not on the straights, but the curves, this car just loves the curves.

- How the power is developed thats what makes it different from a Linea. As in, the car loves to be revved, its smooth and engine doesnt complain even at 4000 rpm. That is there is no noise/harshness/coarseness from the egine.

- Power on tap is ok for 100% of the time in City condition. When torque kicks in (no surge) just a petrol like refinement but just more solid. The torque comes in at around 1500-1700 rpm and this strength is maintained till the red line.

- The car feels like its at 80 kmph even when its at 100 kmph. This chasis begs for pushing you to drive at even higher speeds on the corners.

- In car audio has great vocals, adequate base and its not heavy on ears after prolonged listening like the cars with an amp and woofer setup.

- Even in the lowest model you get some features that many cars dont even offer in their top models (a.k.a Rapid) even today. The feature list of the base model includes:

- 2 Inch MID display
- Dual Airbags
- ABS and EBD
- Steering Adjustment
- Seat height adjustment
- Music System (that actually sounds worthy of a 10 lakh rupee car)
- 195/60/15 Stock Tires
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Mirrors mounted over OVRMs

Last edited by aseem : 6th February 2012 at 19:27.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:28   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
...am a happy owner of my new prize, All New Ford Fiesta.
Great choice of car, Aseem, and congratulations on your new possession. Was wondering where that other thread discussing your choices disappeared. The new Fiesta diesel is certainly loaded with features, is pretty reliable and economical to maintain, and very comfortable. The only missing feature is the fun-to-drive factor when compared to other cars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
...with the speeds I was hitting, I thought this is going to be not so safe as I would always be tempted to press the pedal to the metal on open roads and given Indian driving conditions, you never know what can happen.
...but I am glad you looked at the other FTD cars on your list in the manner you described above. With the errant biker and your other choice, you really never know what might have happened!
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 10:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!!
youre the most current "enviable" now on TBHP!!
youre right about the rear, though.
Except for bang on rear, I have found the new one to be THE looker of this class, and around it too.
rear/front 3/4ths, headon, any angle.

Any view which has the headlight in view, though, is unbeatable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The tyre tread resembles the BS GIII Potenza so much! And could you tell me more on the sport seats (?) you were talking about? Does that come in top variant alone? And what with the bulge? Did you have to replace ALL 5 tyres?

Sorry to nit pick, please give the fob, the company of a drool maal key chain too!
how about one of these?
grab it off of autoyet for pocket change.
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-photo_1328505012456.jpg
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 13:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your compliments for my beauty. I cant remember when was the last time I spent so much time cleaning my car. However unfortunately dont have the camera transfer cable so had to rely on iphone again. With bad sunlight, pictures are not going to do justice to the car. But still given the effort that I put into cleaning, here goes nothing.

First I cleaned the tires with vinegar, lime juice and water, than added some petroleum gelly after reading a DIY . My learning, this doesnt work!

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0197.jpg

Than I took a helicopter ride for some Arial shots (yah right!)

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0207.jpg

Some more pics. Promise to upload better high quality pics by tonight and respond to each and every queries of yours.
Attached Thumbnails
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0198.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0200.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0203.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0206.jpg  

Last edited by aseem : 6th February 2012 at 19:28.
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Aseem! Just last week I was reading your TD impressions, and now the ownership thread is in – that’s fast!

I am getting a feeling that the Fiesta is slowly getting out of the initial share of negative publicity it received. Did you get the 2012 batch?

The alloys look nice IMO. It will look even better if you can source centre caps with Ford logo for the wheels

Is the audio system same across all 4 variants?

And I really liked this line in the opening post: “Upper middle class people buy a Honda City, they buy a VW, they buy Skoda, but who buys a Ford right?” – very well said
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!! The color is really cool.

The tire pattern is also very good.

How comfortable did you feel about the visibility from the driver seat?
Quote:

- 2 Inch MID display
- Dual Airbags
- ABS and EBD

- Steering Adjustment
- Seat height adjustment
- Music System (that actually sounds worthy of a 10 lakh rupee car)
- 195/60/15 Stock Tires
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Mirrors mounted over OVRMs
Kudos to Ford.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 15:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Aseem.

Though the Fiesta sells too little, the "too little" buyers clearly buy the car for it's driver oriented dynamics and are seeing value in something which is not measureable in $

A sweet discount should have made your decision easy I guess. Did the on-road price cross 10L?

Not to nitpick but I would actually worry if the car's localization content is low considering the cost of spares.

Whatever it is, it's your car. Have fun!
Old 6th February 2012, 16:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, time to get some fogs added as well since those black cover doesnt look good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks