Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 20:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Upon landing the the left front of the car makes "chunk" noise.
Was this audible for the little time the car did run on its stock wheels and tires?

I suspect a clearance problem in the wheel well more than anything else. The tires you have fixed are quite broad for the car.

You car looks stunning. It is not the same blue that came with the Fiesta S. Even still, your color selection for the Fiesta was spot on.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 13th February 2012 at 20:28.
Old 17th February 2012, 18:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

So guys, posting the first part of the Video Review of my new Ford Fiesta 1.5 Tdci... Keep watching this space, interior review, and road test to follow shortly!

Last edited by GTO : 18th February 2012 at 14:34. Reason: Added Youtube video the correct way
aseem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 19:14   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
So guys, posting the first part of the Video Review of my new Ford Fiesta 1.5 Tdci... Keep watching this space, interior review, and road test to follow shortly!

Ford Fiesta 1.5 Tdci India Review Part 1 - YouTube

P.S. Mods is there is a way to add preview to the video. I have followed instructions but no luck.
You could be the next big youtube celebrity. Eagerly waiting for part 2 with the interiors, driving experience etc. Next time cover your plates with black chart paper so we can even see the front . Kinetic Blue rocks, my fav color in the fiesta.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 22:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Update on the car, FE for first 1000 km around 15-16 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You could be the next big Youtube celebrity. Eagerly waiting for part 2 with the interiors, driving experience etc. Next time cover your plates with black chart paper so we can even see the front . Kinetic Blue rocks, my fav color in the fiesta.
Thanks Mustang... new review coming up in few hours, doing the final editing.

aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 04:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Back by popular demand, part two of the review (interiors) along with my take at Jabra Cruiser. Sorry for the poor floor mats, need to throw the paper out. Part 3 the road test to be up shortly...

aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 22:42   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
This weekend took the Fiesta to bodyshop. Some snaps I took when the car was up on rails:

Few observations:

- The car is very nicely packed underneath
- Ther is an engine cover, so I can rest assured that there will be minimal underbody damage over nasty speedbreakers
- There is slight rust as seen in other Fiesta's near the front axle. Got it in writing that this is normal and its due to the fact that this is cast iron. They didnt spray rubber paint as they stated it might effect the braking.

Areas of Concern:
- The left front bottoms out (I think I am not sure) when doing speeds and going over a slight hump on road. Upon landing the the left front of the car makes "chunk" noise. This is probably due to the upsize of the tyre. Going to tire workshop next weekend to get it inspected. But this sound is very rare so I am guessing I need to take it easy over bad roads a bit! This is the only cause of heart ache so far as the car begs you to push it, and this is acting as a deterrant :(. P.S. This is only due to occasional spirited driving getting the better of me. But still needs to be addressed!
I absolutely love your cars under body. !!!! Its so spic and span.

The s drives look hot in the close up pic!

Is the engine guard made of metal or plastic?
Old 19th February 2012, 14:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Re: I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I absolutely love your cars under body. !!!! Its so spic and span.

The s drives look hot in the close up pic!

Is the engine guard made of metal or plastic?
Thanks for the compliments. The engine guard is plastic as far I could tell. Thanks to the mods as well for adding the video review on Page 1 of this thread!
Old 21st February 2012, 22:59   #83
BHPian

Your video reviews are amazing! Keep it Up. This truly shows how indulgent you are with this machine.

If you wish to listen to a conversation via Cars's speakers (through the Jabra), you need to switch on the FM and chose the station every time?
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 17:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Update:

1. The FE has gone down by some spirited driving. Second tankful resulted in 690km range as opposed to first tankful that lasted 750km. That is with approx 1500 Rs of fuel.

2. Really like the position of the dead pedal. Really comfortable to place the left leg. The angle is really good.

3. No rattles so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

4. Low fuel indicator makes a warning noise when it comes up. Good because the noise catches your attention if you are not looking at the dash.

5. Got my baby some new leather*ite* (poor mans leather) seat covers. It was a painful 5 hours standing to get this done. Took my entire day yesterday.

Cons:

1. No place to put coins etc. That is no center arm rest or pocket in the door arm rest.

2. Upper middle class peeps feel I am crazy ditching a Honda for a Ford.... but everytime I drive the car, my heart goes hell yeah!!!

Pics for your eyes... Sorry for the poor quality, it was really sunny. Promise to upload better quality pics in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0289.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0291.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0292.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0295.jpg  

Old 24th February 2012, 20:16   #85
BHPian

Seat covers are well fitted & look nice. How much do you spent on them? Owing to the heat of north India, i find art leather seats a bit uncomfortable and sweaty. I got them fitted in my car but they burn my back every time i sit down.
Old 24th February 2012, 23:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

Nice seat covers there looks neat, please share the price as well.

How about getting fog lamp for your ride, it will look great.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:49   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Your video reviews are amazing! Keep it Up. This truly shows how indulgent you are with this machine.

If you wish to listen to a conversation via Cars's speakers (through the Jabra), you need to switch on the FM and chose the station every time?
You can set the station frequency only once. Than tune into that station everytime a call comes. In India this works flawlessly as we dont have very crowded FM stations like US where you need to tune into different stations on the highway. In addition FM is a non-secure protocol so in traffic jam potentially another car can hear what you are talking about.
In all honesty, FM is just a novelty feature to show friends. I have now started rarely using it and am just using Jabra's inbuilt speakers. They are really good and you can answer the call in one button. Also I am using the voice dial feature to look into my phone book and call my contacts. So far I am extremely happy and this gadget is a must have for all TBHPians who take call on the road and whose cars dont come with this feature.

Quote:
Seat covers are well fitted & look nice. How much do you spent on them? Owing to the heat of north India, i find art leather seats a bit uncomfortable and sweaty. I got them fitted in my car but they burn my back every time i sit down.
I agree leather*ite* does tend to get a little sweaty so to speak. But I just cant trade the looks it provides for a little comfort. For me they are well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Nice seat covers there looks neat, please share the price as well.

How about getting fog lamp for your ride, it will look great.
Price is close to 7k.. depends on how hard you bargain. Some more pics along with the manufacturer information below.
I love the way they have done the armrest, I hate those zippers that some manfacturers give for arm rest. That make it almost impossible to use it. I like this new modular approach!
Attached Thumbnails
I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0297.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0311.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0299.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0306.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0309.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0314.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0318.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0319.jpg  

I am in love again...with the New Ford Fiesta :: Text + Video Review!-img_0320.jpg  

aseem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 16:35   #88
BHPian

Familiar with this brand. A close friend of mine got similar brand on his i20 crdi in around 5k. I believe there is one another brand "Dolphin" at the similar price range.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 11:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Familiar with this brand. A close friend of mine got similar brand on his i20 crdi in around 5k. I believe there is one another brand "Dolphin" at the similar price range.
Autoform guys ship from Dehradun IIRC. They have to ranges, basic PU range and Riveria (the ones I got). Depending on the size of the car and PU quality, they have options from 4.5k to 9k. The good thing being that they have sizes of all cars and send the covers pre-tailored in the right size. I was really impressed that they had the size/parameters for New Ford Fiesta, specially given that its a new car, and that Style/Trend have different seats than Titanium/T+.
The fitting took almost 5-6 hours. They virtually took the seats out of the car to do this. They had to tear the original seat fabric and use hooks, clamps and strings to put the new covers. Thankfully no rattles post install. The interior quality of the car has gone up several notches thanks to the new covers. I think leatherite covers should come as standard in this car. Ideally I wanted to have black and white, but given Indian conditions had to resort to silver and white.

Driving to work in the new Fiesta daily used to go via cabs in Honda City. Diesel affordability and the cars driving pleasure have invoked such passions in me that I always try to find reasons to drive it. Keeping dark color clean is a regiment in itself. ICE upgrade is something I contemplating, but dont want to be a guinea pig, want to make sure there are enough Fiesta's on the road for installers to know what they are doing.

Average FE so far between 17-18 kmpl with some very spirited driving/city/highways mix. Ranging about 690 km for 1450 Rs diesel (35-36 ltrs)
Old 20th March 2012, 13:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Few updates:
1. Even after some spirited driving car is giving FE of 18.09 - 18.1 in the last to tankful to tankful methods

2. New 2012 Fiestas coming with front armrest that's missing in my car.

3. The fun to drive factor is addictive. It's very difficult to go from this to a car that doesn't handle as well

4. Car literally begs for a bigger engine as the handling is so mature, it gives total confidence to driver and big car feel.

Most Viewed