Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:07   #61
BHPian

re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Congrats Aroon for the new Car, I looks amazing and powerful.

I can see the GPS device installed in the car. Which devices have you bought and for how much. Also does it provide accurate info.?
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Congrats Aroon for the new Car, I looks amazing and powerful.

I can see the GPS device installed in the car. Which devices have you bought and for how much. Also does it provide accurate info.?
Thanks Ankur. Well, that is not the GPS device but the Nissan Parking Sensor which I bought for ~5k. I have not fitted any GPS in the car....

The car is quite powerful, and have found overtaking a breeze atleast within city limits.. A slight effort on the accelerator and the car zooms ahead !
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Caar, she does look very pleasing on the eyes. It does look very gainly though considering its wheelbase. How does the car handle in hi-speed turns? Is she stable or does she rock like a boat?

Color is a very good fit for Sunny.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats on the Caar, she does look very pleasing on the eyes. It does look very gainly though considering its wheelbase. How does the car handle in hi-speed turns? Is she stable or does she rock like a boat?

Color is a very good fit for Sunny.
Thanks mate... So far did not find handling to be an issue at all.. Having said that, I must confess, I have not done sharp turns at very high speeds. For reasonably sedate driving in the city and doing turns at 60-70 kmph, not found any issues.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Having said that, I must confess, I have not done sharp turns at very high speeds.
Will be watching this space for your further inputs. She does sound a very good deal for a mid sized sedan. Only question would be the ability of *** on diagnosing the issues if any arise.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:36   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Will be watching this space for your further inputs. She does sound a very good deal for a mid sized sedan. Only question would be the ability of *** on diagnosing the issues if any arise.
Yes, you are right. Will keep the thread updated for A.S.S feedback.

The car has done almost 1000 kilometers and is now time for the first check up- will get this done next week.

Understand from the dealer / service personnel that this is just a check up of the oil levels, brake pads etc and not a full service. First service is due only in 6 months or 10,000 kms.

Will post an update after the check up.
Old 29th February 2012, 12:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
First service is due only in 6 months or 10,000 kms.
Will post an update after the check up.
Interesting, thought that the first service is at 1000 kms where they change the oil filter/replace engine oil. Or probably am still living with dinosaurs
Old 1st March 2012, 13:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have a feeling that the gist of my statement above was not correctly interpreted. What I meant was that unlike Toyota and Honda which are good in their own way of doing things, Nissan as a car company has never designed its products to meet a figure specified by number crunchers. Rather, their philosophy like Mitsubishi and Subaru has been to create automobiles that are an extension of the drivers themselves and bring an unexplainable sense of satisfaction every time the wheels churn.

In my books the above three Japanese marquees viz. Mitsubishi, Nissan & Subaru are more desirable than the Teutonic trio as the offerings from Nippon give you all of the pleasure and satisfaction that is automotive nirvana but without the pretense and the expense associated with the German trio.

The Toyotas and Hondas of the World while being as reliable as their other Japanese cousins are well not in the same league as far as driving pleasure is concerned.
Just the thought I had when I read your first post on this thread sir!

Oh, where are my manners- congratulations Aroonanand! The FE figure of 21.7 is impressive numerically, and divine in diesel. Still reading through and on the 2rd page of your report.

Happened to see Khoj's post, and I have a bad habit of seconding them.

My sister took delivery of a Bronze Grey, Diesel XV today in Rajasthan, and the AC will be put to thorough test there am sure.

I insisted she go for Nissan, over the Rapid/Vento/Fluidic Verna for just the reasons outlined by Khoj.

So, congrats of the CAAAR once again!!
Old 1st March 2012, 13:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting, thought that the first service is at 1000 kms where they change the oil filter/replace engine oil. Or probably am still living with dinosaurs
Lol its only oil top up and other fluids if required at 1k kms and also infact at 5k kms, full service only at 10k
Old 1st March 2012, 14:24   #70
BHPian

Am told that the push button start of the XV version of Sunny is giving a lot of people a great deal of trouble. A friend found that he couldn't start the car and when the service guys came it started working. I wonder if anyone had a similar experience.
Old 1st March 2012, 15:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Just the thought I had when I read your first post on this thread sir!

Oh, where are my manners- congratulations Aroonanand! The FE figure of 21.7 is impressive numerically, and divine in diesel. Still reading through and on the 2rd page of your report.

Happened to see Khoj's post, and I have a bad habit of seconding them.

My sister took delivery of a Bronze Grey, Diesel XV today in Rajasthan, and the AC will be put to thorough test there am sure.

I insisted she go for Nissan, over the Rapid/Vento/Fluidic Verna for just the reasons outlined by Khoj.

So, congrats of the CAAAR once again!!
Thanks mate and many congrats to you too for having a Sunny in your family !!! The caaar will not disappoint !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Lol its only oil top up and other fluids if required at 1k kms and also infact at 5k kms, full service only at 10k
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
Am told that the push button start of the XV version of Sunny is giving a lot of people a great deal of trouble. A friend found that he couldn't start the car and when the service guys came it started working. I wonder if anyone had a similar experience.
Well, not heard of Sunny but a colleague of mine has shared similar experiences of his friend on the Micra with push button start. Apparently the car has stalled on several occasions and would just not start !!!
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 16:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand
Well, not heard of Sunny but a colleague of mine has shared similar experiences of his friend on the Micra with push button start. Apparently the car has stalled on several occasions and would just not start !!!
That's terrible. If that sort if a failure happens on the middle of the road or something - I can't imagine. If it happens often in the Micra then i am sure it will happen in the Sunny too. I wonder why Nissan is not doing anything about it.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:55   #73
MCR
BHPian

Congrats aroon. The car does tick almost all the boxes in terms of requirement.
I have a few questions, as I am looking to replace my Punto with anything (Sedan / MUV) under 11 lakhs OTR;

1. How is the build quality? Do you hear a "thud" while closing the doors?
2. How are the front seats? Do they offer good support during long drives?
3. What about the service and parts cost?
4. how effective is the AC?
5. How good is the ride quality in the city and on the highway?
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Congrats aroon. The car does tick almost all the boxes in terms of requirement.
I have a few questions, as I am looking to replace my Punto with anything (Sedan / MUV) under 11 lakhs OTR;

Hi,

Here are my comments on your queries, based on my ownership experience of ~1 month:

Overall build quality is good, quality of exterior finish is excellent.. Interior plastics and seats are also of good quality and not the rough hard plastic that you would find in say, an Etios. But no solid thud as you would get in the European cars or the Cruze but definitely not very bad either... Doors feel fairly solid while the boot lid appears very thin.

Front seats are very comfortable.. Good quality fabric and you get an excellent view of the roads. I have done only one long drive, from Chennai to Bangalore and found them to be comfortable. But the Team BHP review does state rear seats do not have sufficient under thigh support to give comfort for long drives. Yet to face this as no one was in the rear seat when I did the drive.

Car is yet to visit a service station so cannot comment on this. The first inspection is due next week. But I would assume being a Jap car, parts should be cheaper than say, a VW or Skoda.

Nothing to complain so far on the AC. Cools down quickly indeed. But I stay in Bangalore where it is not very hot so I probably have not subject the AC to an acid test. I prefer to keep the cabin temperature around 22-24 degrees and the AC cools down to this temperature very quickly.

Very good ride quality in the city - no turbo lag whatsoever and the car has handled Bangalore roads well so far. On the highway also, I found the ride to be good. But given that I have done only one long drive, might be a bit early to give a definitive view. Planning on another long drive during the Ugadi break and will post an update post that !

All the best on your car search and the Sunny is a good contender for the price point you mentioned, given its features and frugal engine.
Old 15th March 2012, 12:15   #75
BHPian

Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel, the CAAAR. **** 1,000 kms update ***

Here's an update to the Sunny experience

Completed 1,100 kms last week and so far, have had a good time indeed with the Caaar.... The Odo is showing a mileage of 18.4 kmpl so far, with over 700 kms of the above done in Bangalore city conditions... Impressive figures indeed and hope they continue so far..

As recommended by Nissan, completed the 1,000 kms check up with Shahwar Nissan yesterday. Called them on Tuesday to fix an appointment and was promptly attended to. Requested for the car to be picked up from my office and delivered back as I did not have time to go to their service station.

As promised, the driver reached my office on time (~11AM) to take the car. Got a call from their service manager confirming that the car has reached them... The car was dropped back at my office around 330 PM... Was informed that all oil levels were checked as part of this inspection. Only charge was INR 220 for pick up and drop..

Planning a long drive during the long weekend next week.. Will post an update on how the caaar performed during the highway drives after that.....

As far as city drives are concerned, the car is a breeze to weave thru traffic thanks to its light steering wheel... On empty stretches, a slight push on the accelerator and the car zooms ahead easily overtaking most other vehicles... Slight downshift to 3rd gear and quick overtakes are easily done... AC is extremely effective so far... Only grievance continues to be the brakes which are not the best !

PS: Stunned to see no other Sunny ownership review on Team BHP so far !!!

Mods, can you please update the title of this thread to
"Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel, the CAAAR. **** 1,000 kms update ***"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks