Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 07:58   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! Another Linea T-Jet+ joins the party here at team-BHP!

The white color looks fabulous, congratulations on the T-Jet+. I enjoyed going through your ownership review thread. The title also is funny. Wishing you many, many years of driving pleasure with the Jet.

There is a workaround for that negative aspect of no bottle holders -
You can use 500ml bottles and stuff them into the driver and co-driver side door panels. The door panel storage area is just about right to hold a 500ml water bottle, but nothing bigger than that. I now use 2 X 500ml bottles stuffed into these pockets, instead of having a 1 litre bottle rolling on the floor.

I have fixed the illuminated T-Jet door sils and the rear reading lamp in my T-Jet+ and I am happy. The reading lamp is very handy, but sometimes I feel the very presence of the second default lamp at the rear itself is bright enough. The door-sil LEDs attract attention from almost everyone who comes near/into my car. I tell them it came as OEM with this beast

Regarding the music system, could you give more details on which speakers you upgraded to? And if possible, perhaps a video of the new speakers in action? would love to see that

P.S - since you live in a coastal area with lots of salt, any plans to get an anti-corrosion treatment on the underbody??

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st March 2012 at 08:02.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 09:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Please someone send their suggestions on the following issue faced by me:
Taken from my opening post.
Off late, Brakes make some sound when applied. It didn’t affect the braking a bit though. I have changed the Fusion front Brake discs in last service around 7 months ago. I got the similar sound around two months back. When I did regular servicing last month, discussed the issue with them. They checked the brakes thoroughly and told me that if the car is parked for more than a day, brake pads become hard and make a sound for first few times and then become softer. Nothing to worry about and its absolutely normal. I noted that they make sound only when I use my car after a gap of 2 days or more and that sound disappears after say 2-3 times when brakes are applied. Performance wise they are perfectly fine. Now the absolutely similar sound came from Linea after I took the car out after a gap of 2 full days i.e. almost 60-65 hours. So can someone tell whether that is normal or should I get this checked.
Thanks in advance
I konw that some people here have mentioned brake dust but I get the feeling it is rust. You get to stay at a nice beach town so the odds are in two days or so, there will be some minimal rusting and that is what makes the noise for the first few times you brake. Once it has worn off the brakes are fine.

Anyway, just to be safe, see if you can get the brakes pressure cleaned and if that solves the problem, it will help I guess.

Congrats on the new car. You have truly got a brilliant drivers car if my cousins Palio is anything to go by. Looking forward to more photos of the car. Looks good so far.

Last edited by pganapathy : 1st March 2012 at 09:28. Reason: Forgot something
Old 1st March 2012, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on the beauty There's one major downside about the handling though, it tends to generate a lot of overconfidence :P
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Drove the Jet after a long gap of two weeks as was out of station.
Went to cast the vote in the assembly elections. During short trip (18-20 kms.) few observations made:
Brakes made sound for first 2-3 mins and then it was normal.
Felt the loss of power or say didn't feel the same power as much as was in earlier days. Same way as mentioned by Sandeepmohan. I was not bothered as was in mood of sedate driving but while climbing also didn't feel that much boost. I think thats because ECU adapted to sedate driving by that time. Anyway will observe that again next time.
In the meantime few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00792201202110724.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00812201202141408.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00813201202141408.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00815201202141409.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00814201202141409.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00848201202191244.jpg  

carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:27   #35
BHPian

Nice pics. The floor mats look glitzy. The mesh below the pedals is metal?
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:19   #36
BHPian

Oh my God.. How the hell did I miss this thread. Congrats on your new baby. Its one hell of a car and will simply blow you away with that feel good performance. Welcome to the club. I can vouch that in my 18k ride.. Everytime it was simply awesome. Pure bliss. Torque + Rev.. Super combo isnt?

Happy motoring.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Regarding the music system, could you give more details on which speakers you upgraded to? And if possible, perhaps a video of the new speakers in action? would love to see that

P.S - since you live in a coastal area with lots of salt, any plans to get an anti-corrosion treatment on the underbody??
Thanks Karthikk. Your ownership review is just awesome and fairly reflects your passion for your T-Jet.
As I mentioned in my earlier posts I am not an Audiophile when it comes to ICE (but I certainly am when at home). I prefer driving with very low volume as I don't want to miss any horn or other sounds from outside/by others as it may pose a saftey threat. But thats just my personal opinion. I prefer music when on long drive or while with family when in the city that too on low to medium volume. So I just bought what dealer suggested and what was available at that time. I am posting pics of the same. JVC for front and JBL for Rear (as JVC was not in stock). I found them pretty decent as per my expectations.
I read somewhere that Fiats already come with underbody coating, extra coating is not required, so still undecided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Nice pics. The floor mats look glitzy. The mesh below the pedals is metal?
These mats were meant for Punto but the dealer told me they will fit perfectly on the Linea and he was right. Ya they are bit glitzy but not that much and will loose the mild shine after few days. The mesh seems to be of thin aluminium with rubber lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00904201203031438.jpg  

Last edited by carwatcher : 3rd March 2012 at 15:34.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:33   #38
BHPian

How are the JVC's & JBL's different in terms of characteristics and performance in comparison to the stock speakers?
Old 3rd March 2012, 17:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Volume is at maximum when call is made/received via Blue and Me, called and got it solved, couldn’t find it specifically mentioned in the manual. It can be reduced / increased via volume control switches at the steering only while the call is in progress.

Hi buddy, hearty congratulations.

In case you havent yet discovered, you can lower the volume setting & need not lower it everytime through steering mounted controls.

Press Menu on head unit
Scroll up or down
Go to "Ext Volume"
Reduce it

You are done!
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 18:05   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

This has to be one of the best cars available in India today - although it remains understated. Congrats on the ownership, which is an exclusive one.

Coincidentally, I had recommended the T-Jet to a friend yesterday: I just believe its more car than the Honda City. Please do keep this thread updated on the +/- of the car as you get to know her better.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd March 2012 at 18:06.
Old 4th March 2012, 12:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
How are the JVC's & JBL's different in terms of characteristics and performance in comparison to the stock speakers?
I can't provide technical feedback but the voice clarity, Bass is much improved and absolutely no distortion at medium to high volumes that is very much noticeable in stock speakers. IMO the stock speakers are provided just for the sake of provision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
This has to be one of the best cars available in India today - although it remains understated. Congrats on the ownership, which is an exclusive one.
Coincidentally, I had recommended the T-Jet to a friend yesterday: I just believe its more car than the Honda City. Please do keep this thread updated on the +/- of the car as you get to know her better.
IMHO Honda City is easily the "Best Petrol Sedan" if you look at the overall package at least if you gauge by the market response.
Its very tough to be a true driver's car and best selling one at the same time if you are not a Maruti (read Swift). I would recommend a Fiat to anyone only if he/she is looking for a long term ownership.
Fiat loses out in terms of Resale value (short term only, as Honda launches All New City after every 5-6 years and older models sell at very low price hence equal to Fiat), A.S.S. (Its dealer specific with Fiat), Snob value (You ask any North Indian for that), Interior Space Management (I have read this hence mentioning).
Now about Advantage T-Jet Torque, Driving pleasure, VFM (Truly Fully-Loaded), Low-Maintenance costs, Exclusivity (Important for me, not for many)
If you compare the price difference between the two (after discount) you can note that you drive T-Jet FREE (including petrol) for almost 1.5 - 2.0 years. But still I would not recommend it to someone as the day he is made to wait for parts for long and if that is his only car, his happiness would be ruined and he will curse you. The same person would happily wait for Honda and other company parts in the name of snob value but not Fiat.
I can go for T-Jet any day.
carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 16:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Could you share a little on those beige colored carpets. What brand, material are they? Can they survive wet weather abuse? Indian wet weather conditions mean bringing in a lot of dirt. Are they washable? Cost?
Old 4th March 2012, 16:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Could you share a little on those beige colored carpets. What brand, material are they? Can they survive wet weather abuse? Indian wet weather conditions mean bringing in a lot of dirt. Are they washable? Cost?
They seem to be more than capable for wet weather IMO. They are similar to Kagu Mats but unlike Kagu they are Punto/Linea specific ones. Brand name is some Star (super star, blue star, etc., you can easily get in some good car accessory shop) As I mentioned in my OP they cost me 3300/- (The dealer removed the price tag and charged me more than Merc/BMW mats which were similar yet cheaper, reason quoted was Fiat ones are slower moving than BMW/Merc ones, so he was penalizing me for the same by charging extra. I hate shopping in Goa, I must add) I was getting Kagus for slightly less but they were universal size ones and time was running fast, I bought the other ones.
Now the good part, they fitted perfectly, quality is top notch and give you a nice feel everytime. I could have gone for black ones if available but the dealer was not having any but confirmed that they come in that colour. I feel you can get them for Rs.2500/- to Rs.3000/- max.

Last edited by carwatcher : 4th March 2012 at 16:58.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 21:32   #44
BHPian

@Carwatcher : congrats ! the Linea T-Jet is one of those cars that will haunt me in my dreams for not selecting them ! I did consider a used Linea T-Jet but the already wide chasm between petrol and diesel pricing is set to grow wider yet , so I ruled the head over heart and went diesel ( new Ford Figo , after much debate over buying either the Grande Punto MJD or used Linea MJD ).

Someday I hope I will be able to afford a powerful , revvy petrol car that also puts a huge smile on my face.
Old 11th March 2012, 14:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Just received Illuminated Door Protection Sills from Mumbai, will get them installed this week. Have nothing more to write but posting few pics taken from my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00935201203041824.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00930201203041821.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00929201203041821.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00928201203041821.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00770201202081142.jpg  

carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks