Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 10:46   #16
BHPian

re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Many congratulations on your car. I too was stricken between the pearl black and the shadow blue but finally went for the black. The blue I still feel has more stunning looks. But once you are inside and the foot is on the pedal, all Vento owners experience nirvana . Once you start doing more highway trips you would know. Wishing you many happy miles.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
From one Blue coloured car owner to another, Congratulations.

As for the upgrade to the headlight. I would suggest that you get Osram NightBreakers in 55/60 W rating. This will be a plug and play replacement without the need for any additional relays etc. I replaced my Cedia's OE 'made in Germany' Phillips 'Night vision' bulbs (which in any case were much better than most other cars) with the Night breakers and the result is atleast another 50% jump in the beam's intensity and brightness. At approx. Rs. 1000/- for the pair it is money well spent.

I do not think that VW is going to take very kindly to car owners playing around with the car's electrical circuits, especially after the Poona fiasco.
Thanks Khoj. Yes after the Pune fiasco even I'm skeptical about installing after-market stuff. While nobody is still sure what the reason for that particular incident is, it sows a doubt in the mind of every owner about what he can do with his car.

Anyway, keeping that aside, your suggestion is welcome. I googled for the "nightbreakers" and found really good reviews. As nileshch has said, we need to check what bulbs our Vento comes with. Will check today and get back. Thanks again for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Congratulations!!!

I agree, Vento looks best in Blue. You have written a very nice review, i can totally relate it with my decision of buying a Blue Beat. I believe you have got tints on the windows, if Yes, its the perfect tint percentage. Makes the car look really good.

Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Regards
Ravi
Thanks Ravi. Yes the sun films are from Llumar with 30% visibility. I will let you know the exact model by this evening. I got it installed from the dealer and it costed me 4k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Congratulations on your new car. The color looks great.

What tints do you have on your car? I will be taking possession of my vehicle this month.
Thanks thenomad. Which car are you buying??? Please put up a ownership review right away. The sun films are from Llumar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Congratulations, Anantu on your fab decision! And welcome to the Shadow Blue club!
Thanks nileshch. "Shadow Blue Club" !! The name itself sounds great So when is the next Vento meet?? I would like to join too!

Quote:
Thanks. Really happy to know my photos influenced your decision in some way. But the true credit should go to VW for bringing this gorgeous colour to India! You know, when I saw the blue Vento for the first time, I was blown away too. I started collecting all photos I could find on the Internet that had a shadow blue VW car in them! Just like a child compiling a scrap book!
Yes your thread changed my colour choice from White to Blue. Have been using the same wallpaper everywhere. Btw, a photo session would be great in my opinion. Lets meet up.

Quote:
I heard the OEM headlights are Osram 55/60W too. Not sure if they are "NightBreakers". Would this really be an upgrade?
I need to check these too. Btw, did you upgrade the headlights ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Looks brilliant mate. Congrats!

Is it me or has VW been coming out with brilliant colours of late?
Thanks mjumrani. No, they have come up with some wonderful colours. All of us are floored

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I realised that I had written Sept 2011 by mistake , its actually Sept 2010 ! Time flies ! You are right , blue was launched in Feb 2011 . In fact I got my car in March 2011 after 6 months of waiting , the dealer had said that if I want to book a blue I would need to wait 3-4 months more ( which would have stretched to 6 months for sure ! ) and I didn't want to spend a full year waiting for the car
You waited for 6 months!! You must be having tremendous patience I must say. I couldn't wait for a week.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Many congratulations on your car. I too was stricken between the pearl black and the shadow blue but finally went for the black. The blue I still feel has more stunning looks. But once you are inside and the foot is on the pedal, all Vento owners experience nirvana . Once you start doing more highway trips you would know. Wishing you many happy miles.
Thanks samarjitdhar. I totally agree with you. The power available on tap in this car is amazing. No matter what colour, A Vento is a Vento

Black and Blue are equally hard to maintain. Have already ordered the famous Jopasu duster. Must be getting the delivery today.

Regards,
Anant
Old 13th February 2012, 11:40   #19
BHPian

Excellent Choice. I'm sure you'll love theTdi heart to the core.
Congratulations.

My answers below in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Upgrades planned:
1. Headlights – This is my top priority. Have heard a lot about Philips 90/100 bulbs. Can somebody tell me where I can get these done without voiding the warranty?

I upgraded the headlights to HIDs. No void of warranty This is a must.
Phillips bulbs are vailable in any car shop.

2. Leather seats – these beige seats will get dirty very quickly. Will either go for Marvin or Stanley seats.

If you are driving a lot. Try for darker shade.

3. Rear camera – the car comes with sensors but its only audio. A camera would be necessary i guess.

I need to install a rear view camera.

Only these three as of now. My car is coming with Acceleres, while I saw few other cars with JK’s. Just wanted to ask this – are Acceleres ok? Or do we need to upgrade??

I upgraded to Continental 195/R15 on Day2. No tyre noise. Excellent grip. But yes it does wear out a bit faster.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Excellent Choice. I'm sure you'll love theTdi heart to the core.
Congratulations.

My answers below in bold.
Hey Mikon. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

If you remember, I had asked permission for using your "Black Vento on green grass" picture as my wallpaper. It was quite a while back. Been crazy about this car from day 1

Regarding the bulbs, even I thought that HID's are the answer. Will do it as soon as possible.

The leather seats will definitely be in a darker shade since I spend most of my day in the car. Sometimes I also need to keep some stuff on the seats which are normally dirty ( I work in a mechanical industry).

Tires - faster wear ? Like for how many kms approx do we need a change?

Between, nobody suggested a name for my car ..
Old 13th February 2012, 12:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Mikon. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

If you remember, I had asked permission for using your "Black Vento on green grass" picture as my wallpaper. It was quite a while back. Been crazy about this car from day 1

Regarding the bulbs, even I thought that HID's are the answer. Will do it as soon as possible.

The leather seats will definitely be in a darker shade since I spend most of my day in the car. Sometimes I also need to keep some stuff on the seats which are normally dirty ( I work in a mechanical industry).

Tires - faster wear ? Like for how many kms approx do we need a change?

Between, nobody suggested a name for my car ..
Definitely Sir. I remember you. Awaiting some stunning pictures of your car!
My seat covers are Cocoa.
I clocked 26000km + in a span of 10 months. I'll change the tyre after 6 to 7k kms i guess.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Definitely Sir. I remember you. Awaiting some stunning pictures of your car!
My seat covers are Cocoa.
I clocked 26000km + in a span of 10 months. I'll change the tyre after 6 to 7k kms i guess.
No no, please don't address me as Sir. I'm just 25

26k kms in 10 months?? Thats some amount of driving... I guess Vento makes you drive more. Places where normally we used to travel by other modes of transport are now covered in the Vento. I'm looking forward to a wonderful highway experience.

And yes, a photo shoot is pending. Will upload some highway pictures soon.

Regards,
Anant

Last edited by anantu2001 : 13th February 2012 at 12:20. Reason: added some information
Old 13th February 2012, 12:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

It is no surprise that VW uses Osram products what with both being based out of Germany. Having said that we all know that VW (as any other OEM) would not use Osram's top of the line product but would opt for one of their more generic offerings.

Quote:
I heard the OEM headlights are Osram 55/60W too. Not sure if they are "NightBreakers". Would this really be an upgrade?

Last edited by khoj : 13th February 2012 at 13:01.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:24   #24
BHPian

A key chain I got from VW
The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120213-copy.jpg
Old 13th February 2012, 14:40   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A key chain I got from VW
Attachment 887209
Damn! And to think I had to order mine (the same one) from Germany!!!

Nice thread @anantu - glad to be of help in the decision making process. And yes, the exclusivity of the color makes you feel good! Although considering VW's recent crazy pricing changes (did Ford senior management get recruited by VW recently?), the Vento itself might become a "exclusive" car out there.

Keep posting updates on the car, and enjoy the 20+ mileage figures while they last
And yes, do get that meet going with Nilesh & rest of the Vento gang in Bangalore will ya. Been long since I have seen some updates/pics of the Bangalore VWs!
Old 13th February 2012, 14:51   #26
BHPian

Congratulations anantu. Vento is a lovely car and Shadow Blue is a lovely colour. Even I had to wait for 1 full year to get my hands on my car.

Keep clicking more pics and keep clocking more miles..

Wishing you many many happy miles with the vento.

Your pics reminded me of the delivery day of my car.

CHEERS
Old 13th February 2012, 15:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Which car are you buying??? Please put up a ownership review right away.
Picking up HL TDI in white in another 2 weeks.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Damn! And to think I had to order mine (the same one) from Germany!!!

Nice thread @anantu - glad to be of help in the decision making process. And yes, the exclusivity of the color makes you feel good! Although considering VW's recent crazy pricing changes (did Ford senior management get recruited by VW recently?), the Vento itself might become a "exclusive" car out there.

Keep posting updates on the car, and enjoy the 20+ mileage figures while they last
And yes, do get that meet going with Nilesh & rest of the Vento gang in Bangalore will ya. Been long since I have seen some updates/pics of the Bangalore VWs!
Thanks ninjatalli.You wouldn't believe but I ordered that VW logo before I got delivery through EBay thinking these dealers would not give one. But to my surprise they gifted one of those. Now I have 2 VW keychains!!

Pricing - If I had booked the car about 2 days later, I had to pay a premium of 1 lakh for the same model. Thanks to VW and taxes in B'lore. SImply ridiculous.

and yes, i'm looking forward to my first Vento meet. Have to get confirmation from people in B'lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congratulations anantu. Vento is a lovely car and Shadow Blue is a lovely colour. Even I had to wait for 1 full year to get my hands on my car.

Keep clicking more pics and keep clocking more miles..

Wishing you many many happy miles with the vento.

Your pics reminded me of the delivery day of my car.

CHEERS
Thanks Rachit. You guys have a lot of patience. 1 full year for a car??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Picking up HL TDI in white in another 2 weeks.
Congrats in advance thenomad.
Old 14th February 2012, 09:19   #29
BHPian

Yesterday I got delivery of the Jopasu duster, 3 sets of micro fibre cloth which I had ordered from Ebay. I had not cleaned my car for the last two days because I wanted to clean it only using the duster.

Today morning I used the duster for the first time. And the results are simply amazing.. The duster and microfibre cloth combination is simply amazing and it doesn't leave even a streak of dust. I'm very happy with my purchase of the duster from Jopasu.

Will put up some pictures of my cleaned car soon

Regards,
Anant
Old 14th February 2012, 10:20   #30

Hey anantu2001, congratulations on your Vento.

I bought mine in Nov 11 and am up on 5000+ kms.

About the Rear view camera, i am assuming you bought the refreshed one with rear sensors, right? Mine is with the rear sensors and after initial teething, they work brilliantly for me. Initially even i thought of getting a rear camera, but once you get your hands on to it, they do the job very accurately - to the extent that now i dont even have to turn behind to see, I just use the mirrors...and the sensor gives a very accurate pitch - even in tight spaces. Also, in one of the post i read that the sensors are only audio, and i would like to correct it. There sure is a visual display that comes on the the music system - a rough sketch (Black & White) of the car and the span of coverage for the sensors is displayed. As soon as an obstacles is picked it shows up on the screen and the proximity of the obstacle is displayed (in real-time, absolutely negative delay....try when people are moving behind the vehicle and you will know).

However, this is a personal comfort, and you must (at all times) do as you are comfortable, but the idea is to give the yourself the time to get adjusted to it if you may.

Congratulations again!!

Most Viewed