Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 16:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento - 1000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
1. Headlights: There are so many options and to be frank I'm totally confused. This will be my first headlight upgrade ever and I have no idea how to go about it. Some say - add a relay and install philips 100/90 bulbs while others say - retain the 50/60 configuration since an upgrade will void the warranty and install osram nightbreakers with the same output. What do I do? Can somebody guide me?
Two days back only changed over the headlights bulb to Philips Essential Vision 100/90W with PMP relays. See if it could be of any help to you.

Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnadkarni View Post
I just love the engine 'sound', the sound fully compliments the kind of music i play .
Nikhil did you get the clutch hose pipe replaced from VW Workshop Thane or Nerul? Its been 20 days, any updates?
Old 6th March 2012, 16:25   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Nikhil did you get the clutch hose pipe replaced from VW Workshop Thane or Nerul? Its been 20 days, any updates?
Nope, not yet. Was caught up with work (even on weekends). It's there on my list and will let you know first whenever i have an opportunity
Old 6th March 2012, 17:14   #78
BHPian

Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Two days back only changed over the headlights bulb to Philips Essential Vision 100/90W with PMP relays. See if it could be of any help to you.
Any help??? Its all the help I need. I had already gone through your post before you posted here

Man, congrats for the job done. And the lovely report you made. No need of any other guide after reading your post. Now even I would not go to any roadside shop to change the bulbs. Mine will be a exact replica of what you did

Thanks again.

Regards,
Anant
Old 7th March 2012, 16:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnadkarni View Post
Nope, not yet. Was caught up with work (even on weekends). It's there on my list and will let you know first whenever i have an opportunity
Nikhil I have scheduled an appointment on 31 Mar'12 for the first service and had a talk with a SA. He agreed on that fuel filter is being replaced under warranty but he refused for any replacement being done for clutch hose pipe. That thing is severely needed, had enough of driving the hard clutch.
Any possibility you be free on 31 Mar and so you too could also ask for clutch hose replacement. Two bhpians would be better to handle those adamant SA's.

OT:Nikhil please become a bhpian soon, with the newbie status cannot PM you.
Old 18th March 2012, 11:08   #80
BHPian

Hi el lobo, i am getting my Vento HL TDI soon. Have seen lot of places in the blog discussing the fuel filter and clutch hose pipe replacements. Why are these needed to be changed? What are the symptoms of the problems caused by these?

I am getting a Feb 2012 manufactured (leatherette seat) model. Would these changes be applicable to it?
Old 19th March 2012, 17:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi el lobo, i am getting my Vento HL TDI soon. Have seen lot of places in the blog discussing the fuel filter and clutch hose pipe replacements. Why are these needed to be changed? What are the symptoms of the problems caused by these?

I am getting a Feb 2012 manufactured (leatherette seat) model. Would these changes be applicable to it?
Fuel filter replacement is for particular batch of cars so you should not worry too much about this.

During all my discussions with VW Service folks they have never accepted any clutch hose pipe replacement ever being done for Vento's. As per them its normal for TDI clutch to feel a bit of engine vibrations and there is nothing being offered as warranty replacement. I plan to take print out of specific part number during my next visit to A.S.S and then see their reaction. Its not a major issue but if clutch can become smoother and quieter after this hose replacement then nothing like it

During my last visit to VW Palace cross A.S.S I got all the door beadings lubricated with some specific material and all the door squeaky noises have disappeared by 90%. There is still 5-10% of it left but its not worth going 60 kms all through the city for it once again. Its an irritant but they don't have a solution other than spraying some lubricant and cleaning it properly. I tried the same thing with water at home but results with lube are definitely better.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 14th June 2012, 14:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Now for some really good news!!!!!!

Hold your breadth. The rattles coming from the door can be sorted out completely . I was so fed up with these noises that I took the car to VW Palace Cross Service centre in Hesaraghatta Road. I told them about the problems and they were very cool in handling all this. They said that they had attended these kind of problems recently and they had solved it.

I asked them what the problem could be and he said its a problem with the alignment of the door. They took the car for about 15 mins and were back to give me a road test. To my surprise the problem had completely vanished. No sound at all. I could only hear the engine. The music was off. The AC was off. I was wondering what this guy did that its so noiseless. Simply amazing. Now I'm very happy with what I have. I really suggest you guys to go to the showroom, ask them to get all the doors aligned properly and you will end up being more happy with the Vento.

Further, I also asked them about the Hydraulic Clutch pipe problem. The moment I mentioned about this myself, the person asked if I was from Team-BHP I asked him how he knows that I'm from Team-BHP and his response was a very satisfying. He said " Saar, only people from Team-BHP ask for this change. There may be one or two others who come complaining about the sound, but most of them are from Team-BHP." He said he will replace the clutch pipe once the stock arrives.

I am very happy with the way these guys treated me. Knowledgeable people I would say.

Regards,
Anant
That good news buddy!. BTW, can you let me know the Service Advisor's name at palace cross hassergatta? I would be going there for the same issue (Beading squeaks)
Old 14th June 2012, 23:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil I have scheduled an appointment on 31 Mar'12 for the first service and had a talk with a SA. He agreed on that fuel filter is being replaced under warranty but he refused for any replacement being done for clutch hose pipe. That thing is severely needed, had enough of driving the hard clutch.
Any possibility you be free on 31 Mar and so you too could also ask for clutch hose replacement. Two bhpians would be better to handle those adamant SA's.

OT:Nikhil please become a bhpian soon, with the newbie status cannot PM you.
Thats not true at all. They WILL replace the clutch hose pipe under warranty only if you insist a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
Fuel filter replacement is for particular batch of cars so you should not worry too much about this.

During all my discussions with VW Service folks they have never accepted any clutch hose pipe replacement ever being done for Vento's. As per them its normal for TDI clutch to feel a bit of engine vibrations and there is nothing being offered as warranty replacement. I plan to take print out of specific part number during my next visit to A.S.S and then see their reaction. Its not a major issue but if clutch can become smoother and quieter after this hose replacement then nothing like it

During my last visit to VW Palace cross A.S.S I got all the door beadings lubricated with some specific material and all the door squeaky noises have disappeared by 90%. There is still 5-10% of it left but its not worth going 60 kms all through the city for it once again. Its an irritant but they don't have a solution other than spraying some lubricant and cleaning it properly. I tried the same thing with water at home but results with lube are definitely better.

Cheers,
Sameer
As I said, the clutch pipe will be replaced and the door squeaking sound is because of misalignment of the door. Tell the SA about this and you can get this sorted out.

Quote:
That good news buddy!. BTW, can you let me know the Service Advisor's name at palace cross hassergatta? I would be going there for the same issue (Beading squeaks)
Hi newtonMeter. Guess its a coincidence but I just got my car delivered from them today after a general 5000 km check-up. The car was pulling towards the left slightly and I had to get the clutch hose pipe replaced as well.

Overall I am very satisfied with their service, with the only grouse being that they take their own time to deliver the car. The clutch pipe and fuel pump was replaced under warranty. Since my car was pulling towards the left, wheel alignment and wheel balancing was done at no cost. They took two days to get the car ready but then they did a good job.

You can contact Mr.Girish who is a manager there. He is the one who sorted out the door problem. If they do not respond, please contact Mr. Hameed who is the person in-charge of the showroom. He will get it out sorted, whatever the problem is. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Anant

Last edited by anantu2001 : 14th June 2012 at 23:20.
Old 15th June 2012, 00:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats not true at all. They WILL replace the clutch hose pipe under warranty only if you insist a lot.
Well I got the clutch hose pipe replaced on 4 Apr'12, when I got the first service done Link. One thing remains is the engine mounts.

But what surprises me is that yours is the new 2012 model why would it require clutch hose replacement. Are VW still fitting old clutch pipe design? Really stupid of VW.
Old 15th June 2012, 08:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001

As I said, the clutch pipe will be replaced and the door squeaking sound is because of misalignment of the door. Tell the SA about this and you can get this sorted out.

Hi newtonMeter. Guess its a coincidence but I just got my car delivered from them today after a general 5000 km check-up. The car was pulling towards the left slightly and I had to get the clutch hose pipe replaced as well.

Overall I am very satisfied with their service, with the only grouse being that they take their own time to deliver the car. The clutch pipe and fuel pump was replaced under warranty. Since my car was pulling towards the left, wheel alignment and wheel balancing was done at no cost. They took two days to get the car ready but then they did a good job.

You can contact Mr.Girish who is a manager there. He is the one who sorted out the door problem. If they do not respond, please contact Mr. Hameed who is the person in-charge of the showroom. He will get it out sorted, whatever the problem is. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Anant
Hi Anant, thanks buddy for the info. What month year is your car? Isint it the 2012 ( leatherette) version? Does it still require clutch hose/fuel filter replacement? Do u have an idea how does one know the VIN/batch which needs replacement?

Also I read somewhere that there is a new firmware now which allows the air recirculation + auto mode to co exist. Do u know anything about this?
Old 19th June 2012, 18:37   #86

Quote:
Does have audio controls but the Bluetooth button irritates me a lot. Why have a dummy button!!!
I'm not aware if the bluetooth feature is present on other international models of the Vento. If it is, wouldn't it be possible to source it and have it installed without causing any warranty problems?

But there is only a single button, would that be enough to answer/reject calls? Or is this an absolutely dummy button and is present due to part sharing from the Jetta?
Old 28th June 2012, 01:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anant, thanks buddy for the info. What month year is your car? Isint it the 2012 ( leatherette) version? Does it still require clutch hose/fuel filter replacement? Do u have an idea how does one know the VIN/batch which needs replacement?

Also I read somewhere that there is a new firmware now which allows the air recirculation + auto mode to co exist. Do u know anything about this?
No idea about the firmware upgrade. Will have to ask the service engineer at the workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares05 View Post
I'm not aware if the bluetooth feature is present on other international models of the Vento. If it is, wouldn't it be possible to source it and have it installed without causing any warranty problems?

But there is only a single button, would that be enough to answer/reject calls? Or is this an absolutely dummy button and is present due to part sharing from the Jetta?
From what I know, the bluetooth set is available but is damn expensive. Hence people dont go for it.

Update:

After a long gap, my car got a makeover in terms of interiors. Changed the fabric seats which were getting dirty very easily to leatherette seats. Got this done for Rs. 7500 from Pensee Leathers. Overall, I was very impressed with the way they work. Please do PM me for more details about them. For now, some pictures of my beauty.

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.18.07.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.18.21.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.18.41.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.19.35.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.19.46.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.20.46.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.21.13.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-18.26.07.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120627-19.34.37.jpg
anantu2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 11:12   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

After a long gap, my car got a makeover in terms of interiors. Changed the fabric seats which were getting dirty very easily to leatherette seats. Got this done for Rs. 7500 from Pensee Leathers. Overall, I was very impressed with the way they work. Please do PM me for more details about them. For now, some pictures of my beauty.
Congratulations on your new leatherette seats! The black blends in very well with the cabin. I expecially like the beige stripes which compliments the arm rest and other beige parts of the car! Great selection, you have maintained to keep to keep the 'class' of the car. I have noticed, due to sheer pressure of the sales executive some people end up making their car's interiors a plain joke!

Also, Nice Road is my favourite spot for a car shoot!
Old 1st October 2012, 14:16   #89
BHPian

Hey suhaildurrani,

Thanks for your feedback and glad to know that you liked them. I always try to keep it simple and elegant. Just like the Vento

If you require anything else, please do PM me.

Regards,
Anant
Old 25th February 2013, 13:15   #90

I am desperately looking for those Silver (Steel like) linings around the windows etc.
Any suggestions (Delhi-NCR or Bangalore)??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks