Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 00:26   #46
BHPian

Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Hey, sorry have been busy this weekend. Read your posts only now. But let's plan a meet someday soon! I have a pending meet too with @prabhuferrari who also seems to be busy these days.

Nice pictures. Go on a long drive and take some nice shots on the road as well!
Old 19th February 2012, 00:52   #47

The car looks beautiful. I'm planning to buy this in the same colour.
How much was the ex-showroom when you bought it? It's 9.77, now, in Delhi.

Any idea if discounts are still on, and if they'd be available on 'shadow blue' as well?

At 11.12 OTR, the car seems a bit expensive, just because it was cheaper(right?) earlier. Any idea about the previous OTR in Delhi?
Old 19th February 2012, 02:56   #48

Just checked Carwale.
Another price revision - 10.9 ex-delhi, that'll be around 11.70 OTR. VW's going crazy. Guess i need to start looking at some alternatives
Old 19th February 2012, 13:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
Just checked Carwale.
Another price revision - 10.9 ex-delhi, that'll be around 11.70 OTR. VW's going crazy. Guess i need to start looking at some alternatives
Please dont rely on Carwale!! Go to your nearest Volkswagen showroom and get the quote!!Here in Goa is still 9.77 ex showroom, 10.90 OTR with extended warranty!.
Old 19th February 2012, 13:56   #50
BHPian

Congrats on your Vento anantu2001! I drove a diesel Vento the last time I was in Bangalore, its a fun car to drive. Hope you have lots of fun with it!
Old 19th February 2012, 16:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Price revision isnt anything new. Check the following post for official pricelist in delhi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2659317

Quote:
Just checked Carwale.
Old 20th February 2012, 09:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Hey, sorry have been busy this weekend. Read your posts only now. But let's plan a meet someday soon! I have a pending meet too with @prabhuferrari who also seems to be busy these days.

Nice pictures. Go on a long drive and take some nice shots on the road as well!
Hey nileshch. Yes a highway drive is pending and please do not forget me when you plan for a meet.

Quote:
The car looks beautiful. I'm planning to buy this in the same colour.
How much was the ex-showroom when you bought it? It's 9.77, now, in Delhi.

Any idea if discounts are still on, and if they'd be available on 'shadow blue' as well?

At 11.12 OTR, the car seems a bit expensive, just because it was cheaper(right?) earlier. Any idea about the previous OTR in Delhi?
Hey ayush. Thanks for the compliments. The ex-showrrom price in Bangalore was 9.90 lakhs when I bought it. I guess now its increased. From what I heard the same VW Vento Highline TDI costs about a lakh more than what I paid few days back.

These VW guys are going crazy. Just because 2011 turned to 2012 they increase the price??

Quote:
Just checked Carwale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 View Post
Congrats on your Vento anantu2001! I drove a diesel Vento the last time I was in Bangalore, its a fun car to drive. Hope you have lots of fun with it!
THanks Jeeper1941. Yes its definitely fun to drive. I'm still running in the car so have to wait for few more days to enjoy fully

Regards,
Anant

Last edited by anantu2001 : 20th February 2012 at 09:51. Reason: spelling
Old 20th February 2012, 10:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
@krish11 Thanks and I got the 3D mats from Hot tracks today ) The fitting is excellent and they did a customized boot mat as well in the same material !!!

Do you know from where can I source the OEM alloy for Vento in Bangalore ? Hot tracks people said even they are looking for it

Cheers,
Sameer
Can you post a pic of the customized boot mat - they did not offer that when I bought from them.

Sorry no info on OEM VW alloys in B'lore. - Are you planning to have the alloy for the spare ? Frankly I am not very happy with the OEM VW alloys - they seems to nicked and scratched easily.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:05   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Can you post a pic of the customized boot mat - they did not offer that when I bought from them.

Sorry no info on OEM VW alloys in B'lore. - Are you planning to have the alloy for the spare ? Frankly I am not very happy with the OEM VW alloys - they seems to nicked and scratched easily.

Here comes the boot mat picture. Yes I am looking an extra alloy for the spare wheel, any suggestions ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Attached Thumbnails
The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-bootmat.jpg  

icecoolsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 16:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Here comes the boot mat picture. Yes I am looking an extra alloy for the spare wheel, any suggestions ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Do note that the spare is a 14 inch size - 175/70 R14 tyre. The overall diameter matches with the regular 15" tyre. You may want to leave the spare wheel alone as non-alloy wheel.
Old 20th February 2012, 16:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Sameer
Hey icecoolsam, looks good and neat I'm going to get it for my car as well..

Btw, my cost/km has reduced from Rs. 7.69 to Rs. 3.06 Simply amazing.

Regards,
Anant
Old 20th February 2012, 21:44   #57
BHPian

In Love with VW

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-dsc02516-edit.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-dsc02514edit.jpg
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:48   #58
BHPian

A small update:

Few niggles faced:

1. I can now hear the "growl" once I depress the clutch. It is always there. I tried to find out if this happened on some particular gear but it is not so. Any gear, any situation - depress the clutch and the growl is there. There is no vibration felt, but only the sound. Bit discomforting. Have to get this unit changed.

2. The car mats provided by VW slip beneath the feet like anything. Recently, it had slipped while I took out the car and to my horror, while overtaking, i was pressing the accelerator hard but nothing is happening Did not panic, slowed down the vehicle, while I got a few stares from the public, parked the car and checked. The bloody thing had slipped and stuck in such a way that the accelerator would not go in at all. Fortunately, the road was a four laned one with dividers and there was no oncoming traffic while overtaking. Just could not imagine what would have happened in a two laned road without a divider.

I was so frustrated that I quickly removed the carpet and kept it in the boot before proceeding.

Positives:

1. Seriously what amazing mileage!! After driving a Captiva and Spark (both of which did not give more than 10 kmpl), seeing the MID which shows 17 and 18 kmpl after a tough city drive, it feels really good I'm somehow now addicted to extracting more mileage out of the car.. not that I want to save but seeing the mileage figure increasing in front of your eyes is an amazing feeling. Picture attached.
The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120222-07.03.39.jpg

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-20120222-20.08.55.jpg
2. I'm loving the music system by each passing day. I'm no expert or a hardcore music guy, but for me its more than sufficient. I'm happy with it.

3. The ride is really good over bad roads. I'm maintaining a pressure of 32 for the tires and feels good and comfortable inside the city.

4. Loving the colour of the car very much. A clean blue car has got some really good fan following. I've overheard so many people say that its the best colour in a Vento!!

5. I do not think I'll change the tires soon. The Acceleres are doing a good job as of now. The sound from the tires is very minimal I would say.

Two things need immediate attention:

1. Headlights: There are so many options and to be frank I'm totally confused. This will be my first headlight upgrade ever and I have no idea how to go about it. Some say - add a relay and install philips 100/90 bulbs while others say - retain the 50/60 configuration since an upgrade will void the warranty and install osram nightbreakers with the same output. What do I do? Can somebody guide me?

2. 3D Kagu mats: Need to get them immediately. Car is getting dirty. Unfortunately, Hot traacks is closed on sunday and that is exactly when i'm free. So have to manage some time to get these.

Thats it for now.

Regards,
Anant
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001
A small update:

Few niggles faced:

============
Thats it for now.

Regards,
Anant
@anant yes the clutch has that horrible growl when it's pressed but it has significantly reduced for me after 1500 kms. When showed it to palace cross engineers they say it's normal to have this in all diesel cars. Let me know if you are able to change that hydraulic pipe .

I had very similar experience with OEM mats and they never stick to one place. After changing to kagu mats never had this issue again .

I am also in search for a better headlamp bulbs and that's the only mod I desperately want to do given the poor illumination from stock bulbs . Let me know what you decide or we can do it together .

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:39   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

I actually like the growl. Gives you a thrill when you want to speed, however not so great when hearing it repeatedly in B-to-B traffic.

Going for the 100/90 with relays will not void warranty. I'm no expert in these matters, but heard enough from a lot of people on this, and seen so many cars done without any warranty issues. It's a plug and play set-up. Just ensure you get it done at a good shop. In fact I'm planning to go for HID with projectors shortly, if I get the time to do it.

And yes, Kagu mats are a must for the beige setup.

Most Viewed