Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post

2. 3D Kagu mats: Need to get them immediately. Car is getting dirty. Unfortunately, Hot traacks is closed on sunday and that is exactly when i'm free. So have to manage some time to get these.
You can call them on a weekday and get it home delivered too.I ordered it from them via Ultimate Detailers
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
@anant yes the clutch has that horrible growl when it's pressed but it has significantly reduced for me after 1500 kms. When showed it to palace cross engineers they say it's normal to have this in all diesel cars. Let me know if you are able to change that hydraulic pipe .

I had very similar experience with OEM mats and they never stick to one place. After changing to kagu mats never had this issue again .

I am also in search for a better headlamp bulbs and that's the only mod I desperately want to do given the poor illumination from stock bulbs . Let me know what you decide or we can do it together .

Cheers,
Sameer
I'll have to visit to the workshop in Hesaraghatta road to check whether they'll replace the hydraulic pipe. I strongly feel that its not normal like this.

Regarding the headlamps, I think i'll upgrade to philips 100/90 bulbs. Even ninjatalli has suggested so. Where are you put up? We can meet sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I actually like the growl. Gives you a thrill when you want to speed, however not so great when hearing it repeatedly in B-to-B traffic.

Going for the 100/90 with relays will not void warranty. I'm no expert in these matters, but heard enough from a lot of people on this, and seen so many cars done without any warranty issues. It's a plug and play set-up. Just ensure you get it done at a good shop. In fact I'm planning to go for HID with projectors shortly, if I get the time to do it.

And yes, Kagu mats are a must for the beige setup.
Thanks for your comments ninjatalli. Projectors?? Thats really cool i would say Btw, is there anyway we can get those smoked headlamps kit used in Euro spec Polo's here in India?? I would love to have them.

Regarding the headlamps, in the philips 100/90 series itself there are a few varieties. Can you tell me which model you opted for?

Regards,
Anant
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:07   #63
BHPian

And finally after waiting for 3 long days, I got hold of Team-BHP stickers I must day the quality of the stickers is amazing.

I'm now wondering where I should put them on the car. Problem is not even one of them is "Blue" friendly. Any ideas you guys have?

Regards,
Anant
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
And finally after waiting for 3 long days, I got hold of Team-BHP stickers I must day the quality of the stickers is amazing.

I'm now wondering where I should put them on the car. Problem is not even one of them is "Blue" friendly. Any ideas you guys have?

Regards,
Anant
Congrats! I think LTD and Got BHP? stickers will go very well with the blue shade (yellow on blue). Give it a shot before you paste them. Boot is the most preferred place
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:08   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your comments ninjatalli. Projectors?? Thats really cool i would say Btw, is there anyway we can get those smoked headlamps kit used in Euro spec Polo's here in India?? I would love to have them.

Regarding the headlamps, in the philips 100/90 series itself there are a few varieties. Can you tell me which model you opted for?

Regards,
Anant
I actually haven't got them done yet. @mikon has gone for 6000k P6 HIDs (55W). He'll be probably going for angel-eyes projectors soon.

@Noopster has gone for similar HIDs with angel-eye projectors. I think they are smoked, but not sure. Probably you could check it up with him.

As for 100/90 bulbs, check with Rohan (@el lobo 61) - he had done a bit of analysis on this aspect just a few weeks back.

Quote:

Regards,
Anant
Unfortunately, even I haven't found any of them blue-friendly. To top it, I really don't like putting any stickers on the still-fresh paint of the car. What I have done is put the semi-transparent TBHP logos on the number plates. Another option (as opted by @nileshch & others) is to stick it on the front/rear wind screens. Should do the job for now!
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, even I haven't found any of them blue-friendly. To top it, I really don't like putting any stickers on the still-fresh paint of the car. What I have done is put the semi-transparent TBHP logos on the number plates. Another option (as opted by @nileshch & others) is to stick it on the front/rear wind screens. Should do the job for now!
Here is what I have done. Additionally I put the small transparent stickers on the front and rear number plates.

The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento-img_9837.jpg
Old 24th February 2012, 16:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I actually haven't got them done yet. @mikon has gone for 6000k P6 HIDs (55W). He'll be probably going for angel-eyes projectors soon.

@Noopster has gone for similar HIDs with angel-eye projectors. I think they are smoked, but not sure. Probably you could check it up with him.

As for 100/90 bulbs, check with Rohan (@el lobo 61) - he had done a bit of analysis on this aspect just a few weeks back.

I went to a shop today to get the headlamps changed. The guy showed me a complete wire kit with relays from Philips and H4 bulbs with 100/90 rating. I thought this will be it. But to my surprise, the guy was finding it so difficult to remove the bulbs. Then he said that the bumper has to be removed in order to get the headlamp unit out. I thought this cannot be possible. I said i'll come later and left the place.

Now people please tell me if there is any other way to change the bulbs other than removing the bumper. I know it might be there in the manual, but to be frank i've not gone through it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Here is what I have done. Additionally I put the small transparent stickers on the front and rear number plates.
Yes nileshch I did the same thing today morning. I love the "LTD" sticker but i dont want to put that thing on a new car.

One more horrible thing happened. I was not in town yesterday and my dad's car driver, trying to impress him wanted to clean my Vento. My dad gave him a go ahead. That idiot sprayed some hard water on the car to clean the dust and left it in bright sunshine for a while. The water drops dried and the whole of the bonnet is now with water stains. No amount of cleaning with regular water is making the stains go away. Now what should I do??

I do have Formula1 Scratch out with me and I did try applying it on a small patch. It worked and the stains are not there anymore. I'm wondering if scratch out can be used all over the bonnet to remove the stains?? Will the original paint quality be retained??

Please advise.

Regards,
Anant.
Old 24th February 2012, 18:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I went to a shop today to get the headlamps changed. The guy showed me a complete wire kit with relays from Philips and H4 bulbs with 100/90 rating. I thought this will be it. But to my surprise, the guy was finding it so difficult to remove the bulbs. Then he said that the bumper has to be removed in order to get the headlamp unit out. I thought this cannot be possible. I said i'll come later and left the place.

Now people please tell me if there is any other way to change the bulbs other than removing the bumper. I know it might be there in the manual, but to be frank i've not gone through it yet
I experienced the same issue while changing the bulbs to Philips Extreme Vision yesterday. The installer was an experienced one and was able to unhook the bumper on the right side to remove the headlight assembly on the right side and then install the bulb. I think its just how things are placed on the right side it makes it very difficult to make changes in the headlight assembly without loosening the bumper on the right side. The left side had absolutely no issues like this. Thankfully this was done successfully without any damages. On another note, didn't want to go for any major electrical changes for now without knowing some more details about the cause of the fire.

Quote:
The water drops dried and the whole of the bonnet is now with water stains. No amount of cleaning with regular water is making the stains go away. Now what should I do??

I do have Formula1 Scratch out with me and I did try applying it on a small patch. It worked and the stains are not there anymore. I'm wondering if scratch out can be used all over the bonnet to remove the stains?? Will the original paint quality be retained??
Yes you can go ahead and use Formula1 scratch out to fix it. A better option would be Meguiar's SwirlX which takes care of all these issues pretty well and is better than Formula1. There will not be any damages to the paint quality so you can be at peace about this. Though it might be a better idea to do an end to end detailing to get a uniform look and feel.

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 24th February 2012 at 18:22.
Old 24th February 2012, 21:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

hey Anant

Congrats on your fabulous car and your brilliant thread. you've done a good job really.

I am in the market for an upgrade from my i10 (though I am looking at petrol options as I am in the market for an AT model.) Leaning towards the Vento AT as of now (with City and ANHC as other options). I m going thru the Vento threads on this forum one by one. Just wanted to congratulate you and thank you for doing a wonderful job of maintaining useful information for wannabe customers like me. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

just one qustion before signing off. How would you rate your dealership exp? Did you do any study of all the dealerships here in BLR? The nearest one to my place is Whitefield VW. Though they are very new (just setup this year only I think).

Last edited by joslicx : 24th February 2012 at 21:14.
Old 25th February 2012, 08:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How would you rate your dealership exp? Did you do any study of all the dealerships here in BLR? The nearest one to my place is Whitefield VW. Though they are very new (just setup this year only I think).
I got my Vento from VW Palace Cross as thought they were better at handling new customers than VW Downtown. However, they suddenly became unresponsive during the wait period. But I guess these days that shouldn't matter as Ventos are available off the shelf (more so ATs). Go to the showroom where you get the best deals.

How has been your experience at Whitefield VW?
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 11:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
I experienced the same issue while changing the bulbs to Philips Extreme Vision yesterday. The installer was an experienced one and was able to unhook the bumper on the right side to remove the headlight assembly on the right side and then install the bulb. I think its just how things are placed on the right side it makes it very difficult to make changes in the headlight assembly without loosening the bumper on the right side. The left side had absolutely no issues like this. Thankfully this was done successfully without any damages. On another note, didn't want to go for any major electrical changes for now without knowing some more details about the cause of the fire.

Yes you can go ahead and use Formula1 scratch out to fix it. A better option would be Meguiar's SwirlX which takes care of all these issues pretty well and is better than Formula1.
Hey samarjitdhar. Thanks for the information. Yes, I know its scary after the Pune incident.

Regarding the Formula1 scratch out - I used it today morning and the stains have reduced quite a lot. Not completely though. Will try it again tomorrow morning to eliminate all the stains. It feels horrible to see a new car treated like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
hey Anant

Congrats on your fabulous car and your brilliant thread. you've done a good job really.

I am in the market for an upgrade from my i10 (though I am looking at petrol options as I am in the market for an AT model.) Leaning towards the Vento AT as of now (with City and ANHC as other options). I m going thru the Vento threads on this forum one by one. Just wanted to congratulate you and thank you for doing a wonderful job of maintaining useful information for wannabe customers like me. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

just one qustion before signing off. How would you rate your dealership exp? Did you do any study of all the dealerships here in BLR? The nearest one to my place is Whitefield VW. Though they are very new (just setup this year only I think).
Thanks joslicx for all the appreciation. Will try my best to keep the thread updated.

My dealership experience was quite ok except for the showroom itself. It was really badly maintained. Didnt for a second look like a VW showroom
Otherwise the sales people were very courteous and informative. I actually didnt go to any other dealer since everybody else was too far. VW Bangalore at hosur road was the nearest in terms of driving time. SO went ahead with them. But from what I know, Whitefield VW are quick in responding and their sales guys are very knowledgeable.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Anant
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:42   #72
BHPian

Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento - 1000 kms update

1000 kms update:

Well guys, I'm finally done with my running in. Few positives and a few negatives which I observed:

Positives:
1. I'm getting a really good mileage of 15.1 kmpl (100% city, 100% AC). I guess I wont be able to extract more than this considering the running in period is over.
2. The engine clatter has come down.
3. I'm now equipped with 3D Kagu mats

Negatives:
1. Strange noises come from the doors while passing over a pot hole or a speed breaker. The noise is more in the mornings than in the afternoons. No idea why.

I'm wondering how to find a solution for this since changing the beading has not worked for souravc. Any other solution?? Can we take this matter up with the top management of VW?

Who would want a new car with these annoying noises???

Regards,
Anant
Old 4th March 2012, 21:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Actually VW is very well aware of this issue and have issued a technical bulletin to the service center on the way to fix this.The document is available on the vento quirks thread. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working and I'm also on the same boat as souravc. All the doors in my car make this noise and looks like there isnt anything I can do about it.

Best solution is to crank up the volume of the music player, ownership experience of swift has taught me how to ignore all the annoying rattles and squeaks in the car

Quote:
I'm wondering how to find a solution for this since changing the beading has not worked for souravc. Any other solution?? Can we take this matter up with the top management of VW?

Regards,
Anant
Old 5th March 2012, 12:45   #74

Quote:
1000 kms update:

Well guys, I'm finally done with my running in. Few positives and a few negatives which I observed:

Positives:
1. I'm getting a really good mileage of 15.1 kmpl (100% city, 100% AC). I guess I wont be able to extract more than this considering the running in period is over.
2. The engine clatter has come down.
3. I'm now equipped with 3D Kagu mats

Negatives:
1. Strange noises come from the doors while passing over a pot hole or a speed breaker. The noise is more in the mornings than in the afternoons. No idea why.

Regards,
Anant

Hey Anant,

1 have crossed 6,000 kms, and i still get 21+ kmpl on highway drives (100% AC) and combined with city drives the averages shifts between 16 to 18 kmpl. So guess you don't have to worry at all on the economics.

Side-note: Also, as a worst case even if you go down to 12-13 kmpl, always remember, you are burning the same fuel quantity at cheaper price, and that makes me smile!!!

About door noises: Just yesterday i tried the car wash services offered in the malls these days, and when i got the car back, the door noises were significantly reduced, to an extent that their presence was audible only when i switched-off the music and concentrated on hearing it. i am sure this is temporary, but the idea, i guess, is to clean and dry the the door side (on car and door) to reduce the noise. I have read the same in one of the threads as well, so you might wanna try it too.

I just love the engine 'sound', the sound fully compliments the kind of music i play .

The car's acoustics (engine and horn) is the only reason i truly believe its not a lady.....instead its a "god-damn-heavy-metal boy ". (no offence intended!!)
Old 6th March 2012, 15:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Actually VW is very well aware of this issue and have issued a technical bulletin to the service center on the way to fix this.The document is available on the vento quirks thread. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working and I'm also on the same boat as souravc. All the doors in my car make this noise and looks like there isnt anything I can do about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnadkarni View Post
Hey Anant,

About door noises: Just yesterday i tried the car wash services offered in the malls these days, and when i got the car back, the door noises were significantly reduced, to an extent that their presence was audible only when i switched-off the music and concentrated on hearing it. i am sure this is temporary, but the idea, i guess, is to clean and dry the the door side (on car and door) to reduce the noise. I have read the same in one of the threads as well, so you might wanna try it too.
Now for some really good news!!!!!!

Hold your breadth. The rattles coming from the door can be sorted out completely . I was so fed up with these noises that I took the car to VW Palace Cross Service centre in Hesaraghatta Road. I told them about the problems and they were very cool in handling all this. They said that they had attended these kind of problems recently and they had solved it.

I asked them what the problem could be and he said its a problem with the alignment of the door. They took the car for about 15 mins and were back to give me a road test. To my surprise the problem had completely vanished. No sound at all. I could only hear the engine. The music was off. The AC was off. I was wondering what this guy did that its so noiseless. Simply amazing. Now I'm very happy with what I have. I really suggest you guys to go to the showroom, ask them to get all the doors aligned properly and you will end up being more happy with the Vento.

Further, I also asked them about the Hydraulic Clutch pipe problem. The moment I mentioned about this myself, the person asked if I was from Team-BHP I asked him how he knows that I'm from Team-BHP and his response was a very satisfying. He said " Saar, only people from Team-BHP ask for this change. There may be one or two others who come complaining about the sound, but most of them are from Team-BHP." He said he will replace the clutch pipe once the stock arrives.

I am very happy with the way these guys treated me. Knowledgeable people I would say.

Regards,
Anant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks