Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 13:48   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Cheetah comes home - Mahindra XUV500 W8

@Acinonyx:
An excellent thread. A well deserved 5*.

For the windscreen refection problem, try wearing Polaroid Eyewear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ray Ban has some nice shades with this feature.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 14:00   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Acinonyx ! Very well compiled Review and good picture.

As pointed out by other memebers also, the electronics of XUV has some minor problems. I hope, in your next service all the niggles /rattles will be sorted out. It's the driving pleasure which matters and as you have indicated XUV scores big in that.

Keep updating about your experience about the XUV.
Wishing you many more Happy miles with your Cheetah.
Ram_NP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 14:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
[*]Reflection on the front glass: From the earlier reviews, I know that reflection in the front glass is bad and I never expected to be as bad as this.. see pic. Especially the noon time when the sun directly beats down on the front dashboard area, it is a problem. Not sure what I need to do about this.[/list]Attachment 886813
"Aweful reflection"[list]
Congrats on the buy

For this only one solution what i have personaly used.

Just wear Polaroid Sun Glasses

This have helped me a lot in terms of reflection almost to 95% cutoff on the Windshield. Please try and let me know.
tabrez02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 15:32   #19
BHPian

Congrats Acinonyx! Nice detailed review. Loved it! Also nice snaps, two of my favourites are the last one and the one above it. That one taken from top with sun shining, shadow of the car on the ground and the dark tints, it is just fantastic. Good to know that you found the city driving nice. Also, hope your technical snags are all eliminated in your first service, do keep us updated about the same.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 13th February 2012 at 15:33. Reason: for correcting a spelling mistake
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 17:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

One more query - please post pics of the 4WD button & share some more info on that.
Old 13th February 2012, 18:46   #21
BHPian

Congratulations! Good write up. Its an amazing car. The errors on the XUV's entertainment system is an issue faced with other owners. Mahindra should be rolling out an update soon. Enjoy your ride.
Leistung is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 19:14   #22
BHPian

Congrats and nice review. The thread title mentions AWD. How did you manage to get a silver AWD? I thought AWD is not available in silver and red colours
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 23:09   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi mate. Is your SUV AWD or FWD? What drew me to this thread was AWD, but nothing no mention about the the AWD system. Please could you clarify..
Old 14th February 2012, 00:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Congrats on the buy

For this only one solution what i have personaly used.

Just wear Polaroid Sun Glasses

This have helped me a lot in terms of reflection almost to 95% cutoff on the Windshield. Please try and let me know.
Polarized sunglasses is another good option. I use that too. However, I have not seen it cutting 95% of the reflections in my case. I have a black dashboard as well. I understand that if the reflections are due to horizontal polarization effects, the sunglasses should help more (since most of sunglasses are vertically polarized). However, I have not used Polaroid brand and dont really know if it helps avoid as good as 95% of reflections.
If you happen to use them with the current conditions on XUV, please share your views on it.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 02:01   #25
BHPian

Congratulations, and thanks for the insightful review of ownership, I completely agree that being a bigger car my wife seems to be sitting a mile away. I hope they could have side ways adjusting seats too also my daughter (age 4) now feels that she is sitting far behind in another compartment. But to that she has found a new solution and now sits on the center armrest / chiller . Thank to Mahindra that the car is flat bedded my daughter has many times slept on the middle row seats and have woken up on the floor below.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 14th February 2012 at 02:03.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 09:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Polarized sunglasses is another good option. I use that too. However, I have not seen it cutting 95% of the reflections in my case. I have a black dashboard as well. I understand that if the reflections are due to horizontal polarization effects, the sunglasses should help more (since most of sunglasses are vertically polarized). However, I have not used Polaroid brand and dont really know if it helps avoid as good as 95% of reflections.
If you happen to use them with the current conditions on XUV, please share your views on it.
The brand i use is also not 'Polaroid'. However as my SUV also reflects lot of dash on windshield and wearing a Sunglasses with Polaroid option has helped me a lot, i mean a lot and it would be difficult to find the reflection once i wear it. My dash color is dark beige, will this make a difference from black in reflection.
Old 14th February 2012, 09:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
The brand i use is also not 'Polaroid'. However as my SUV also reflects lot of dash on windshield and wearing a Sunglasses with Polaroid option has helped me a lot, i mean a lot and it would be difficult to find the reflection once i wear it. My dash color is dark beige, will this make a difference from black in reflection.
Should be simple as the reflection we encounter is the light reflecting from the dashboard, in my case, its back though shines and does reflect a lot on the windshield for you it may be more (depending on the color and how much light its reflecting). I shall try some other /better brands and confirm. Thanks for sharing though.
This may be going OT, we shall stop here.
Old 14th February 2012, 11:37   #28
BHPian

Wonderful write up. Appretiate your patience.

REading the entire post, it has motivated me more to wait for the Lucky DIP results.
avinashsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 12:31   #29
BHPian

Great review Mate. You have really shared an unbiased view !

In fact i was smitten by XUV the moment, i saw the pictures and first set of auto reviews. But restrained myself due to the notion that typical Indian manufacturer's do 'product testing' on the first set of customers.. Have been driving an octavia for the past 4 years- which also raised some concerns on how XUV would measure in terms of build quality ( my 4 year octavia with 1.1lac Kms still has not rattles) and driving dynamics .
Rasputin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 22:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Great review Mate. You have really shared an unbiased view !

In fact i was smitten by XUV the moment, i saw the pictures and first set of auto reviews. But restrained myself due to the notion that typical Indian manufacturer's do 'product testing' on the first set of customers.. Have been driving an octavia for the past 4 years- which also raised some concerns on how XUV would measure in terms of build quality ( my 4 year octavia with 1.1lac Kms still has not rattles) and driving dynamics .
I think we're getting way OT here but comparing an S(X)UV to a sedan in terms of driving dynamics is not really fair. Also, I don't really think the XUV will match up to the Octavia in terms of being rattle free for 1.1 lakh kilometers. Not yet, at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks