Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 06:58   #16
BHPian

Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Congrats.

Doesnt the titanium come with alloys now?.

Will be going for the figo in the next couple of months, shall ping you for the arm rest, led lights. Let me know where you got the ICE installed, might come handy when I need.

Where do you work?. I think one of the pics was taken in your office parking and it seems to be too familiar to me. Anyways you can send me a PM on this.

Thank you.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 14th February 2012 at 07:02.
Old 14th February 2012, 08:37   #17
BHPian

Wow! Look that the mods! Sorry if I sound uncivilized but I just can't wait for you to share details about seats, flood lights, neon rope and arm-rest (along with their prices if you don't mind ).

What's plugged in your cigarette lighter? Looks like a USB output. Again the same question, which brand and how much cost? I've been looking for a good one since ages. Your music system's screen looks awesome. Please more pics of ths same!

PS: Still staring at neon rope and floodlight.
Old 14th February 2012, 10:32   #18
BHPian

Congratulations!! Figo looks great in black.Two sets of wheels!! First time i have heard people with two sets!!.Love the arm rest. I think many Figo owners would love to know the cost and if its easily available for the figo.

What about the sunfilm? 5% vlt at the sides and 35% in front seems too dark. Hope you dont have any cop trouble.

Besides the tuning box what all mods are planned??

Love the mods you have done.I am sure you will have a great time with your Figo!
Old 14th February 2012, 11:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Congrats on getting the Ford Figo kingofmyworld. As someone else pointed out, the Figo looks richer and grander in black than in other colors. Looking at the snaps, I guess there are two different set of alloys in your car and I found the first set of alloys to be more appealing. It's just my opinion though. Wishing you miles of happy motoring in the Figo. The car handles like a dream (like all Fords) and is known to return excellent fuel-efficiency.
Thank you. The car handles like a dream with the 15", on 14" it's on par but not as goos as the 15". FE remained 16kmpl both on the highway and city and this was on AC always and shifting at 3-3.5k RPM. I do that quite often as the pull it offers at those rpms in 2-4 gears is superb. I wonder how it's going to be after the racechip

shifting at 2.5 k RPM and sticking below 100kmph gave me a mileage of 22kmpl. Even this was with 3 people on board and AC on 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Congrats.

Doesnt the titanium come with alloys now?.

Will be going for the figo in the next couple of months, shall ping you for the arm rest, led lights. Let me know where you got the ICE installed, might come handy when I need.

Where do you work?. I think one of the pics was taken in your office parking and it seems to be too familiar to me. Anyways you can send me a PM on this.

Thank you.
It does come with alloys, USB port and Fog lamps. The ICE was installed at indian decars. I cannot tell you that you'll get the products for dead cheap prices but the quality of work and support after the installation is very good. Price, it depends on your bargaining skills purely.

I work at deloitte E-Block. Are you from deloitte too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Wow! Look that the mods! Sorry if I sound uncivilized but I just can't wait for you to share details about seats, flood lights, neon rope and arm-rest (along with their prices if you don't mind ).

What's plugged in your cigarette lighter? Looks like a USB output. Again the same question, which brand and how much cost? I've been looking for a good one since ages. Your music system's screen looks awesome. Please more pics of ths same!

PS: Still staring at neon rope and floodlight.
Not a problem to share the prices. It's good to share.
Some random company arm rest - Not so sturdy as the centre console isnt firm enough to hold the mounts but you can rest you arm on it. Just to test it's capacity, I loaded it with 5 kg weight and it was firm enough. No drama there.
Cost - 1200Rs. Hard to find one. I was lucky enough to source it. Friend had one with him since some 5-6 months so bought it.

Flood lights - I did not pay for them. Got them free of cost and I did a DIY and installed them. I prefer DIY when it comes to doable jobs on the car.

Neon ropes - They cost you anything between 550-650 rs depending on the dollar rate that day. ordered them from USA and were brought down by my sis.

The USB thing in the cigarette lighter is of some china make, it's working since 4 years and not a problem till date apart from the charger not supported error on my iPhone some times. This error will disappear if you unplug and plug it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Congratulations!! Figo looks great in black.Two sets of wheels!! First time i have heard people with two sets!!.Love the arm rest. I think many Figo owners would love to know the cost and if its easily available for the figo.

What about the sunfilm? 5% vlt at the sides and 35% in front seems too dark. Hope you dont have any cop trouble.

Besides the tuning box what all mods are planned??

Love the mods you have done.I am sure you will have a great time with your Figo!
The sunfilm is dark, But I like cars that way. Cops were never an issue for me. All my cars have full black tints on sides and 35% on the front. Except my M800 which has 20% on the front. Not just me, even my friends have the same config on their cars. We maintain uniformity

Besides the tuning box, I have nothing in mind as of now. A rockford punch p2 is in line though.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2012 at 15:42. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 14th February 2012, 12:11   #20
BHPian

Forgot mention that the stock headlights of the Figo are below par. I don't want to alter any of the stock wiring so will go for after market aux lamps. Maybe the lightforce striker 170 HID. It's going to cost me a bomb but it's worth the price. Used it earlier on one of my friend's gypsy and my god, they can turn night into day in no time.
Old 14th February 2012, 15:48   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! Both, the car & the review, are absolutely stunning. Like your taste in wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Swift doesn't handle well? You must be kidding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Yup, It doesn't.I prefer stiff suspension setup. Good for cornering.
Well, we shouldn't forget that the previous generation Swift was "softened" toward the end of its life. And if Kingofmyworld is talking about the current-gen car, I'm not surprised. He appears to have driven the VDi which comes with extremely thin, tall profile tyres.

Drive the ZDi to know what a Swift is really about
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 16:03   #22
BHPian

Congrats kingofmyworld! Wish you many happy and safe miles on your ride. Your car looks menacingly hot! The you are plonking the accessories in your car shows the passion of cars in you. The titanium now is better buy than the ZXI (Most Selling) & EXI after ford skimped many useful features out of the two.

Have you got the steering adjustment and alloy wheels (as an OEM) in your car? I guess ford has added these features on the titanium.

Are you facing extra stiffness in the steering or any dip in mileage after switching over to 15 inchers?
Old 14th February 2012, 17:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats! Both, the car & the review, are absolutely stunning. Like your taste in wheels.

Well, we shouldn't forget that the previous generation Swift was "softened" toward the end of its life. And if Kingofmyworld is talking about the current-gen car, I'm not surprised. He appears to have driven the VDi which comes with extremely thin, tall profile tyres.

Thank you GTO, Yes I was referring to the current gen car. For the amount of power is delivers, those skinny rubber doesn't do justice. Never got a chance to drive the ZDI till date. Will do a TD of the ZDI when I visit b'lore or bombay later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Congrats kingofmyworld! Wish you many happy and safe miles on your ride. Your car looks menacingly hot! The you are plonking the accessories in your car shows the passion of cars in you. The titanium now is better buy than the ZXI (Most Selling) & EXI after ford skimped many useful features out of the two.

Have you got the steering adjustment and alloy wheels (as an OEM) in your car? I guess ford has added these features on the titanium.

Are you facing extra stiffness in the steering or any dip in mileage after switching over to 15 inchers?
Mine was from the last lot of the older titanium which did not have alloys, usb port and the adjustable steering. I had a choice of booking the current titanium with those features but that did not make sense as it was being sold for a premium of 20k more. I was anyways looking for a tyre + alloy upgrade, followed by ICE upgrade. Plus, the current steering position is more than just perfect for my driving style and it doesn't hinder my leg movement so it did not seem fair to spend 20+ k more and replace everything later. However, as it was said somewhere in TBHP, the more electronic/mechanical aids you have in the car, the more complicated it is. (read this in one of the threads where I guess it was GTO while talking about new age techs like automatic headlights, rain sensors etc)

Mileage was surprisingly same with both 14 and 15. I don't know how but there no noticeable change. been just a couple of weeks that I added the 15" so should allow some more time to fuel up a couple of times to calculate an average. The steering gets stiffer for sure, It was sharper than before. Car feels much planted and the feedback might drive you crazy over bad roads. but it's a price to pay for the amazing handling you get.

Some pics of my M800 with the same alloys as my figo's 15" and my sweet lil nano.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-i18149.jpg

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-i15041.jpg

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-img_0498.jpg

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-photo-3.jpg

M800 running a carputer.

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-i15043.jpg

A common man's Ford Figo Titanium-i15045.jpg

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 14th February 2012 at 17:45.
kingofmyworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 19:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I agree that the current Swift is a little softened compared to the 2007 Swift D. I'm sure Figo is a great handler. All Fords are great handlers, atleast in India. But saying that the Swift "doesn’t handle well" is not exactly correct. Of course, the OP has clarified that its his personal opinion, which he is entitled to. You guys have to drive the i10 and previous gen WagonR to exactly understand the meaning of "bad handling". These are the benchmarks for the same in the 4-5L category.

EDIT: kingofmyworld, thats a sweet looking Maruti 800. Preserve it!

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 14th February 2012 at 19:33.
Old 14th February 2012, 20:19   #25
BHPian

@blue pulsar : I am preserving it. I dont plan to sell it. It was my first car and I've spent hours of quality time with it. I can't let go off it.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Kingofmyworld,

Congrats on your car! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your write-up. Wish you many safe miles in your Figo!

I liked the alloys on your car and ofcourse the ICE,i'm sure it sounds superb!
Old 14th February 2012, 21:21   #27
BHPian

Nice writeup buddy. I too am in the vicinity and have a recently bought Vista. Let's meet up someday and maybe take our rides for a spin.

Black looks good on the Figo. I wished it came on the Vista too.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

As some one else mentioned, even I liked the first set of alloy wheels on the Figo. The second one seems too skinny for the car. But as said, preferences change!

Quote:
Mileage was surprisingly same with both 14 and 15. I don't know how but there no noticeable change. been just a couple of weeks that I added the 15" so should allow some more time to fuel up a couple of times to calculate an average.
From what I have heard, the upgrading of tyres doesn't bring a lot of difference to the FE if you maintain the same driving style. If you are changing the profile way too much, FE drops by 2 kmpl or so!

Quote:
Some pics of my M800 with the same alloys as my figo's 15" and my sweet lil nano.
Quote:
EDIT: kingofmyworld, thats a sweet looking Maruti 800. Preserve it!
+1. 800 looks good with those alloy wheels.

Quote:
But saying that the Swift "doesn’t handle well" is not exactly correct. Of course, the OP has clarified that its his personal opinion, which he is entitled to.
He also mentioned he drove the VDi which comes with 165 tyres - so that's quite true from his perspective!

Slightly Off-Topic
:
What is the full form of OP ? I know it's something to do with the thread owner, but curious to know what does it expand to - Original Poster ?
Old 14th February 2012, 21:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Kingofmyworld,

Congrats on your car! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your write-up. Wish you many safe miles in your Figo!

I liked the alloys on your car and ofcourse the ICE,i'm sure it sounds superb!
Thank you shashank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Nice writeup buddy. I too am in the vicinity and have a recently bought Vista. Let's meet up someday and maybe take our rides for a spin.

Black looks good on the Figo. I wished it came on the Vista too.
Sure thing, Let's make it happen some time.

Vista doesn't come in black? I din't know that. What's with tata and black? I dint have black as an option when I bought my nano. Even toyata isn't producing innova in black. Why this ignorance towards black all of a sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
As some one else mentioned, even I liked the first set of alloy wheels on the Figo. The second one seems too skinny for the car. But as said, preferences change!

Slightly Off-Topic[/u][/b]:
What is the full form of OP ? I know it's something to do with the thread owner, but curious to know what does it expand to - Original Poster ?
I have the same question in mind. What's OP? Original poster seems apt
Old 14th February 2012, 22:42   #30
BHPian

That's a techie 800 and a cute nano. As said by someone, preserve them. Even i liked the 1st set of alloys when compared to the 2nd but individually both of them are great!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks