Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 13:02   #46
BHPian

Re: Mighty Black Paj..It's my new ride!! (Mitsubishi Pajero)

Congrats on your new purchase! However, isnt this a really dated model? Am in Aussie land currently and we drove in a brand new Pajero here for about 700 km and it is really fantastic - none of the age old looking dials amd 70's interiors . The vehicle included ESP as well as traction control, GPS, electronic compass, USB, and all the gizmos that you could imagine. And of course just superb interior and exterior build quality.

Still am not sure why manufacturers insist on selling decade old vehicle models and still charge the bomb for it in India.
Old 26th February 2012, 19:29   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Still am not sure why manufacturers insist on selling decade old vehicle models and still charge the bomb for it in India.
Precisely the reason the Pajero being sold in India doesn't appeal to many out there when it comes to actually signing the dotted line. It is highly overpriced and has been wanting an upgrade for the past 5 years now, at a sensible price.

In fact, it used to be my dream vehicle too, until I took a test drive and a quotation for a new vehicle late last year at Noida.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:04   #48
BHPian

First of all, hearty congratulations on getting the Pajero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
-

Storage space: Awful is the one word to describe and there isn't a place where we can store a one liter bottle. Does not have place to even keep your phone or sun glasses. Poor ergonomics is what i should say.
Mind you, when this vehicle was designed, there were no mobile phones around!

But yeah, I do agree with your point on storage space for water bottles.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
First of all, hearty congratulations on getting the Pajero!

Mind you, when this vehicle was designed, there were no mobile phones around!

But yeah, I do agree with your point on storage space for water bottles.
Thanks! They have changed lot of stuff including engines, exterior looks and plenty of other stuff as it required. So - they did have a chance to re-look at these stuff when they are still charging a bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Precisely the reason the Pajero being sold in India doesn't appeal to many out there when it comes to actually signing the dotted line. It is highly overpriced and has been wanting an upgrade for the past 5 years now, at a sensible price.

In fact, it used to be my dream vehicle too, until I took a test drive and a quotation for a new vehicle late last year at Noida.
Yes - I agree they are overpriced for the overall package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Congrats on your new purchase! However, isnt this a really dated model? Am in Aussie land currently and we drove in a brand new Pajero here for about 700 km and it is really fantastic - none of the age old looking dials amd 70's interiors . The vehicle included ESP as well as traction control, GPS, electronic compass, USB, and all the gizmos that you could imagine. And of course just superb interior and exterior build quality.

Yes - Indian Paj version is not the newer version which is being sold in rest of the world. It's called Montero in India and the new Paj Sports which is going to be sold in next few weeks in India - has all the features you talk about....but it will have the Outlander looks. Wish they had put all these features in the current box & sold it at the same price. It would outsell all the SUV's in the market!! HM/ Mitsubishi India has never listened to market needs and guess - they will never listen too
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 14:47   #50
BHPian

I am look out for a gear lock and called up almost 10 accessory shops in Bangalore including Reliance Autozone. Even called up Autocop guys and they don't have one for Pajero (or old Safari).

Where can I get this & fixed? Anyone has any recommendation?
Old 25th April 2012, 15:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying a timeless classic which, I am sure, is a dream buy for many of us, at least me for sure It is meant for people who are not lured by gizmos and all that jazz - who want just pure thrill of driving a reliable and robust SUV that can take you to the yonder and back, and as someone already said, can outlive you, if maintained well. While I envy you for owning one, I also wish you many many miles of happy and safe driving in this gem of a vehicle. Do maintain a long term ownership report for the benefit of oglers like us

Last edited by cool_dube : 25th April 2012 at 15:34.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 14:03   #52
BHPian

Mahesh..lovely Pajero you have there.

Have you fixed an engine immobilizer ? I think that is a better option for Pajero than having a gear lock that can be cut of with a motorized cutter in under a minute.

Have you read the thread about the stolen pajero ? So many options regarding immobilizers are presented by our team members . A cop friend of my told me that pajero's are stolen and are then dismantled in a matter of hours and hence a good security system is essential for them.

Cant understand why Mitsubishi cant provide better security for such costly SUV.
Turbo car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 14:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Mahesh..lovely Pajero you have there.

Have you fixed an engine immobilizer ? I think that is a better option for Pajero than having a gear lock that can be cut of with a motorized cutter in under a minute.

Have you read the thread about the stolen pajero ? So many options regarding immobilizers are presented by our team members . A cop friend of my told me that pajero's are stolen and are then dismantled in a matter of hours and hence a good security system is essential for them.

Cant understand why Mitsubishi cant provide better security for such costly SUV.
Thanks Turbo car!

We cannot retrofit immobilizer in Pajero and the only other safer/ cheaper option is "Gear shift Locks" - which is impossible to find one in Bangalore/ Chennai for Pajero's. I am still looking out for the same. If you or anyone - know of a place which sells/ fixes gear shift locks for Pajero in Bangalore or Chennai - do let me know.
Old 10th July 2012, 14:51   #54
BHPian

Hey Mahesh, Congrats for the new Pajero.That black machine on wheels is an absolute monster. Though Mitsubishi is not providing the upgraded gadgets with this and rather selling the new generation pajero as montero, still I think it has better road presence than the other cars which you had shortlisted. Happy and safe driving mate.
DrvSafe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 20:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

I am testing a few cars for a friend. Please let me know what are the areas I need to look for in an used car. I am not much in SUVs.
Old 17th October 2012, 15:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am testing a few cars for a friend. Please let me know what are the areas I need to look for in an used car. I am not much in SUVs.
Ajo,

Refer the discussion here in Team-BHP itself. The links are:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-mistakes.html

Our esteemed members have contributed so much valuable information that i have referred this threads to non-members too who have great praise for these comments.

If you follow them, you cant go wrong.

Happy car hunting ajo !!!
Old 13th May 2013, 14:13   #57
BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

Your black Pajero looks really good!

I am in the market for a good pre-worshipped SUV. I plan to go in for a good used example with my budget around 12-13 lacs. It would be great if you share some advise on how tough or easy it is to run and maintain a Pajero. The Pajero really makes the top of my list as far is my personal choice is concerned.

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th May 2013, 15:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Mahesh,

Your black Pajero looks really good!

I am in the market for a good pre-worshipped SUV. I plan to go in for a good used example with my budget around 12-13 lacs. It would be great if you share some advise on how tough or easy it is to run and maintain a Pajero. The Pajero really makes the top of my list as far is my personal choice is concerned.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks!

Mine is just 19K kms, 1+ yrs old - so I have not come across any major issues with the Paj and also haven't heard any major complaints (apart from rattles) from other owners.

However - if your budget is 12 to 13 Lacs, I am not sure if you will be able to get a decent Paj. If at all you get a Paj in this bracket - it might the older versions (GLX or older) version run 60 to 80k kms already.

Any case - good luck for a good find and the articles on buying used cars (as mentioned in Turbo's post) in TBHP should come handy.
maheshramaling is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 15:46   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Mahesh, Can you please let us know what mileage you are averaging in the city and hon highways? What speeds do you normally do on highways?
Old 1st July 2013, 19:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Mahesh, Can you please let us know what mileage you are averaging in the city and hon highways? What speeds do you normally do on highways?
Apologies for replying very late.

I get around 8 to 9 with speeds averaging between 100 to 120 in highways with 2 A/c's running.

In city - I get pretty much the same but lower speeds and 1 A/c.
maheshramaling is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed