Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 14:29   #61
BANNED

Re: Mighty Black Paj..It's my new ride!! (Mitsubishi Pajero)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
I get around 8 to 9 with speeds averaging between 100 to 120 in highways with 2 A/c's running.
Its been quite some time since you ve updated the thread Mahesh.

How many kms has your vehicle done now? How has been your experience with the ASC so far? What have been the costs of running and service?
Old 19th December 2013, 15:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Its been quite some time since you ve updated the thread Mahesh.

How many kms has your vehicle done now? How has been your experience with the ASC so far? What have been the costs of running and service?
Indeed and my apologies. Have been traveling a lot. It's now close to 26K and haven't had major issues apart from regular service.

SVR Motors: they are ok and my thumb rule is wherever you service - build good relationships from bottom to top - who will get things done quickly/ efficiently. It is the same case with Tafe Skoda too for my Laura.

However - I am not happy with the spare part costs from HM....for e.g., one of my wheel hub cap has gone missing and when asked them to change it - they quoted INR 4300 + taxes (just for 1). I am pretty much sure - HM is putting up a huge margin in spares. I am running without one now and hoping to get one through gujri or somewhere similar place...but yet to find!

Service Cost: It's slightly above nominal. Last service done 2 months back costed something around 14K primarily because I use synthetic oil.

Mileage: Average is still the same around 9kmpl but returns very good mileage when driven at average speeds. For e.g., my travel between Thekkady to Cherai in Kerala (comprising of ghat roads, village roads, town roads) - returned 11.1 KMPL - which is the highest I have ever witnessed in Pajero!

Overall ownership: I am pretty happy though vehicle has small niggles and the biggest irritating factor is the rattles when you are on un-even roads!

So far - it has taken everything which has been throw at her very gracefully. I am sure my Bhutan trip (yet to finalise for Feb) will materialise and will give a very good opportunity to do a endurance test of both me and Pajero!

BTW - I managed to get the gear lock by directly speaking to Xenos factory in Coimbatore. They managed to get it for me and even fixed it without charging anything extra!

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2014 at 12:10.
maheshramaling is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 20:13   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Mahesh, For cosmetic parts, please don't bother to buy from dealer. Get it from Sood Motors in Delhi. For example my Landcruiser fog lamps had faded out and original Toyota one was 16,000 Rs for a set. Got it from soodmotors for 5K. All mechanical parts, I bought from Toyota, but not critical parts like small side indicators, hub caps, fog lamp etc... I buy from Sood Motors in Delhi. He stocks for all Japanese 4x4 and will send through Blue Dart.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 12:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Mahesh, For cosmetic parts, please don't bother to buy from dealer. Get it from Sood Motors in Delhi. For example my Landcruiser fog lamps had faded out and original Toyota one was 16,000 Rs for a set. Got it from soodmotors for 5K. All mechanical parts, I bought from Toyota, but not critical parts like small side indicators, hub caps, fog lamp etc... I buy from Sood Motors in Delhi. He stocks for all Japanese 4x4 and will send through Blue Dart.
Wonderful! Thanks for your lead and I have written to Rohit!
Old 20th December 2013, 18:29   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Service Cost: It's slightly above nominal. Last service done 2 months back costed something around 14K primarily because I use synthetic oil.
Yes, service costs are known to be slightly above normal for it and since almost all the spares if not all are imported, they are not very cheap too.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2014 at 12:12. Reason: Mention of illegal speeds
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 13:44   #66
BHPian

I will be driving to Bhutan this month end in my Paj and I am considering to add a Bug Deflector. Two questions;

1) Has anyone done it on their Pajero or other similar vehicles which are not designed aerodynamically like Scorpio.
2) Has there been any difference in performance or fuel consumption or deflecting the bugs!

Let me know pls.
Old 3rd May 2015, 21:08   #67
BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

I have been considering buying a used Pajero and have found threads like yours very useful. Since there has not been an update for a long time, could you kindly tell me how the car is in long term ownership and hassles if any.

Looking forward to hearing more about your lovely car.

Thanks in advance,

Srinand.
Old 4th May 2015, 10:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinand View Post
Hi Mahesh,

I have been considering buying a used Pajero and have found threads like yours very useful. Since there has not been an update for a long time, could you kindly tell me how the car is in long term ownership and hassles if any.

Looking forward to hearing more about your lovely car.

Thanks in advance,

Srinand.
Hi Srinand,

Overall ownership has been pleasant, after three years of ownership - have only done 48K+ since Paj is used only on long drives. However - my advice would be to buy Pajero only if you are fine to live with following;

1) High spare cost. If something needs replacement - you will have to pay through your roof. E.g., Paid almost 6K (including taxes) for a simple hub wheel cap.

2) High Labour Charges: HM Dealers charge hefty to even for a small thing. A simple bulb replacement charges were something like 200 while the bulb itself costs only some 250.

3) Rattles. Whatever you do - there are rattles, especially from seats.

Hope this is useful.
maheshramaling is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:07   #69
BHPian

Quote:
2) High Labour Charges: HM Dealers charge hefty to even for a small thing. A simple bulb replacement charges were something like 200 while the bulb itself costs only some 250.
True, this.

I got my newly acquired 2007 Montero serviced at SVR recently and was quite surprised at some of the line items in the bill. E.g.
  • Engine flush, engine oil additive, radiator fluid additive, injector cleaner etc, some of them 2 each
  • Chassis Greasing was around 600 and Montero does not have greasing points/nipples, as confirmed by SVR!
  • Replacing 3rd brake light bulb was around 250 - for a T10 bulb
  • Rear wiper blade at 1300 or so but more absurdly, fixing it was 200, the time required for which was all of 30 seconds.
  • Cleaning of brakes was around 500 per wheel
Some of the above numbers could be a bit off because I do not have the bill in front of me.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 13:16   #70
BANNED

Quote:
1) High spare cost. If something needs replacement - you will have to pay through your roof. E.g., Paid almost 6K (including taxes) for a simple hub wheel cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
True, this.
Both of you are correct, however, I have found some quick fixes for this and they are:

1. I get my normal oil changes done outside. I purchase engine oil, oil filter and take it to any good garage and get the oil replaced there.
2. I also get my brake cleaning done at the same place which costs me around INR 800 for the entire truck.
3. I then get it washed outside. In fact, with the money I save, I can very well splurge on a 3M wash and wax.
4. I also get my alignment and balancing done at a reputed tire shop.
5. Bulbs are universally standard and hence I do bulb replacements on my own and they are pretty easy to perform since these vehicles are designed in such a way (DIY is very prevalent in the markets they are sold).

6. OEM spares, if purchased at dealerships are bloody expensive and hence I go to them only when I fail to get spares in the outside market. Common spares are easy to get and I end up saving quite a bit of money in the bargain. I haven't yet felt the need to shop for suspension, brake or mechanical spares so cannot comment on their availability.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th November 2015 at 14:58. Reason: Removed FB link.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:00   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Both of you are correct, however, I have found some quick fixes for this and they are:

1. I get my normal oil changes done outside. I purchase engine oil, oil filter and take it to any good garage and get the oil replaced there.
2. I also get my brake cleaning done at the same place which costs me around INR 800 for the entire truck.
3. I then get it washed outside. In fact, with the money I save, I can very well splurge on a 3M wash and wax.
4. I also get my alignment and balancing done at a reputed tire shop.
5. Bulbs are universally standard and hence I do bulb replacements on my own and they are pretty easy to perform since these vehicles are designed in such a way (DIY is very prevalent in the markets they are sold).

6. OEM spares, if purchased at dealerships are bloody expensive and hence I go to them only when I fail to get spares in the outside market. Common spares are easy to get and I end up saving quite a bit of money in the bargain. I haven't yet felt the need to shop for suspension, brake or mechanical spares so cannot comment on their availability.
Yep - I agree! Considering the first two years was under warranty - I was sticking to ASC. Now - I am considering a FNG for regular service.

Do you use a Pajero now or you were referring about your Scorpio? And - can you share the details about the FNG you go?

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th November 2015 at 14:58. Reason: Removing FB link.
Old 18th November 2015, 15:44   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Do you use a Pajero now or you were referring about your Scorpio? And - can you share the details about the FNG you go?
I too have a Pajero Sport now and even though it is still under warranty, I am okay getting it serviced outside. I generally take it to the Bosch Car Care centre either at Whitefield (very far from my place) or to the Bosch Car Care Centre at Rajajinagar (used to be close to, now pretty far).

I buy filters and brake pads from a supplier in Goa or get them from Delhi.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th November 2015 at 15:00. Reason: Removing FB link.
Old 19th November 2015, 14:28   #73
BHPian

Re servicing, I prefer ASS and am OK with paying a premium. I also like the services to be on record on their system as well as on the service book. What I am not OK is they going overboard with unnecessary items like additives and charging absurd amounts for things like changing bulbs.

I do the regular stuff (bulbs, wipers) myself but this time, the SA called and said bulb is fused and I asked him to change it. I also usually tell them beforehand (Hyundai experience with servicing my terracan) not to add any additives or treatments without my confirmation, but forgot this time.

Can you please share your contact for spare parts?

Gears,
Red-One.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th November 2015 at 14:59. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 13th February 2016, 18:18   #74
BHPian

Hi all,
Could anyone suggest a good reliable and knowledgeable garage owner for pajero servicing in south Bombay, my SFX is at 83k and requires all lube change including transmission and diff ,I don't have a good experience with ASS as they are even unsure which oil goes where.any help will be most appreciated.
Old 25th December 2016, 11:34   #75

Quote:
I buy filters and brake pads from a supplier in Goa or get them from Delhi.
Hi, could you please share the contacts for seller where you get spare for your Pajero? I have a 2008 dual colour GLX.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks