Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

It is not only fast and naughty, but also stealthy! An awesome awesome machine which only a few connoisseurs would appreciate and you are one of them. Many a congrats on the ride and for heavens sake, please show her more road. In case you need a helping hand, am sure most of us would pitch in. I for one would offer to drive down from Mumbai

cheers,
mnemonic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car with pics to match ! This is a truly fasst sedan and looks pretty good too.
Have always wanted a go against this in my car
Congratulations !
Drop a PM when you are in Mumbai we'll have a Volvo S60 T6 & Audi A4 3.0 TDi drive
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Beautiful car with pics to match ! This is a truly fasst sedan and looks pretty good too.
Have always wanted a go against this in my car
Congratulations !
Drop a PM when you are in Mumbai we'll have a Volvo S60 T6 & Audi A4 3.0 TDi drive
thanks
i "might" be coming to mumbai ( vashi actually) on saturday for another forum's member meet. Let's see how things work out. Actually i am a bit concerned on the driving part in Mumbai. I drive safe but I am concerned about other people driving.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is what i am talking about -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...re-follow.html
...so you get an idea of what we do.
Figured its easier explained this way rather than blabbering about it at length.
We have such drives once a month.
Let me know if interested.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Kaustabh. The review surely took a long time coming on the forum but glad that you shared it. Wishing you a long and happy ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post

yeah, and unfortunately just 1200 kms till date. I take her out only on sundays to office because of the less traffic and I can enjoy it fully. Haven't had a chance to blast her on the expressway which will surely be a delight although for a short while.
Not surprised that you do not drive it on weekdays on Pune roads. With Pune traffic/bikers/pedestrians the car would constantly brake on its own because of the city safety feature. I guess it can be turned off as well.

So when are we meeting you in one of the Pune BHP meets?
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Something fast.. Something "naughty".. The Volvo S60 T6

Quote:
The paint finish is absolutely wonderful and you can actually make a difference between a car ( even if it is a premium car) painted in India and the one painted abroad. The color which I opted for is a combination of dark red n black. It is essentially black with glittering dark red particles, which are noticeable when the car is parked in the sun.
Excellent review Kau. The paint job looks splendid. I would suggest some detailing done on the paint finish so you have the gloss retained for a longer time. This car (and this thread) deserves better pics so please oblige

Great looking car. Congrats on the purchase and drive safe

Quote:
The best feature which I liked is the city safety feature. In this, the car detects if a pedestrian is about to cross the road and come in front of the car. It gives a blinking signal and if the driver still doesn’t respond, it brakes by itself. I had tried this when I took the car’s demo, though not on a pedestrian obviously but a dummy. It works pretty well.
What about people on bikes weaving in and out of your lane? or for that matter someone jaywalking or running across the road? Wouldn't car slam on its brakes causing a potential rear end scenario?
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic! Happy to see an ownership review of the Scandinavian beauty. It’s amazing to see the way Volvo is changing from the boring boxy designs to something very modern and elegant. The S60 especially is a dashing design, looks great in almost every paint shade on offer. And I don’t expect Volvo to tweak this design for next 5-7 years atleast.

Can you post some pics of the seats please? Not seen an S60 with all black interiors
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:43   #23
BHPian

Congrats Kau for awesome machine.
I earlier review GTO reported low GC issue. Whats your opinion?
I am convincing my cousin to drop the plan to buy bimmer and go for T6.
Only problem, there is no volvo dealer in Surat.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:54   #24
BHPian

Kaustabh, first up a hearty congratulations are in order. I can't believe you had this beauty for 7months and kept us deprived of sharing your joy!!

This is a real connoisseur's choice and in black it looks absolutely stunning. You have to post some more pics of your car for us less privileged folks.

Quote:
i "might" be coming to mumbai ( vashi actually) on saturday for another forum's member meet. Let's see how things work out. Actually i am a bit concerned on the driving part in Mumbai. I drive safe but I am concerned about other people driving.
If you are coming to vashi, you really need not worry about bad roads. After you cross belapur, take a left from Uran Phaata and join the Palm Beach Road. Traffic should be sparse and you can let some of those horses free!!

Happy and Safe Driving.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:56   #25
BHPian

Wow! Now THAT is one fast car. And it looks so heart achingly gorgeous, specially in those black and white snaps. Congratulations and I will keep my eye out for you on Pune roads.
How about a video showing the acceleration of this beast?
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, lovely, lovely car! Congratulations! I love everything about the S60. Nice write up and great photos

Quote:
I fired up the engine. That was the first time I experienced a growling V6.
Quote:
The true sound of the V6 as I mentioned earlier can be experienced after 3000 rpm.
Sorry buddy, but the T6 isn't a V6. It's an inline 6-cylinder engine. Lovely engine nonetheless
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

W-O-W! Thats all I can say! What an excellent choice - of car and color! Looks absolutely stunning. With an engine to match the looks, you've got yourself one of the most FTD cars in that segment.

That free kit was a very good move by Volvo. Not only have they gained respect (from you), but also many potential buyers.

Since you drive around in Pune, bad roads wont be an issue. What have you done about the lack of spare wheel?

Do post more snaps, and do plan to join one of the Pune meets. Would be great to see the car in person.

Any particular reason to register it in Satara?
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:14   #28
BHPian

Congrats kau_therock!

I almost made up my mind to own one last year but due to non availability of test drive vehicle in Bangalore (infact they did not have a dealer in Bangalore but a Coimbatore dealer takes care of Karnataka too) & lack of pricing information - decided to drop Volvo.

Guess - when Laura is due for replacement in next few years - will certainly add it to the list of cars to be tested.

Happy miles & do post your ownership experience as you drive S60 more!
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
This is what i am talking about -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...re-follow.html
...so you get an idea of what we do.
Figured its easier explained this way rather than blabbering about it at length.
We have such drives once a month.
Let me know if interested.
I would love to be in such meets. where muscle meets muscle. Keep me updated regarding the next scheduled meet if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congratulations Kaustabh. The review surely took a long time coming on the forum but glad that you shared it. Wishing you a long and happy ownership.

Not surprised that you do not drive it on weekdays on Pune roads. With Pune traffic/bikers/pedestrians the car would constantly brake on its own because of the city safety feature. I guess it can be turned off as well.

So when are we meeting you in one of the Pune BHP meets?
Yeah, I do turn off the city safety feature sometimes because it tends to hold my car up. And I will surely be there for the next pune meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Excellent review Kau. The paint job looks splendid. I would suggest some detailing done on the paint finish so you have the gloss retained for a longer time. This car (and this thread) deserves better pics so please oblige

Great looking car. Congrats on the purchase and drive safe

What about people on bikes weaving in and out of your lane? or for that matter someone jaywalking or running across the road? Wouldn't car slam on its brakes causing a potential rear end scenario?
Let me explain how the city safety feature actually works.

Case 1:

If a pedestrian comes suddenly in front of your car, and you continue accelerating, only then the brakes are applied. If your foot is not on the accelerator nor on the brake, nothing happens. If your foot is already on the brake, you obviously stop

Case 2:
Regarding the bikes you mentioned. The city safety feature, which also includes safe distance meter, if turned on, will signal on ur windscreen with a orange light that something is approaching and will slow you down to a safe speed and not stop your car completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Fantastic! Happy to see an ownership review of the Scandinavian beauty. It’s amazing to see the way Volvo is changing from the boring boxy designs to something very modern and elegant. The S60 especially is a dashing design, looks great in almost every paint shade on offer. And I don’t expect Volvo to tweak this design for next 5-7 years atleast.

Can you post some pics of the seats please? Not seen an S60 with all black interiors
I will surely post the rear seat pictures. That will be my first time I will be going at the back seat. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congrats Kau for awesome machine.
I earlier review GTO reported low GC issue. Whats your opinion?
I am convincing my cousin to drop the plan to buy bimmer and go for T6.
Only problem, there is no volvo dealer in Surat.
Regarding the GC, I am yet to scrape my under hood. So haven't had any issues as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Kaustabh, first up a hearty congratulations are in order. I can't believe you had this beauty for 7months and kept us deprived of sharing your joy!!

This is a real connoisseur's choice and in black it looks absolutely stunning. You have to post some more pics of your car for us less privileged folks.

If you are coming to vashi, you really need not worry about bad roads. After you cross belapur, take a left from Uran Phaata and join the Palm Beach Road. Traffic should be sparse and you can let some of those horses free!!

Happy and Safe Driving.
I did inquire about the palm beach road which was a dream to drive like 5 years back. But a friend of mine who lives in SeaWoods told me that the road now is full of speed breakers. Which is not what I had expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Wow! Now THAT is one fast car. And it looks so heart achingly gorgeous, specially in those black and white snaps. Congratulations and I will keep my eye out for you on Pune roads.
How about a video showing the acceleration of this beast?
I have a video, but i do not know how to embed it.
here's the link :

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Lovely, lovely, lovely car! Congratulations! I love everything about the S60. Nice write up and great photos

Sorry buddy, but the T6 isn't a V6. It's an inline 6-cylinder engine. Lovely engine nonetheless
I was wrong then. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
W-O-W! Thats all I can say! What an excellent choice - of car and color! Looks absolutely stunning. With an engine to match the looks, you've got yourself one of the most FTD cars in that segment.

That free kit was a very good move by Volvo. Not only have they gained respect (from you), but also many potential buyers.

Since you drive around in Pune, bad roads wont be an issue. What have you done about the lack of spare wheel?

Do post more snaps, and do plan to join one of the Pune meets. Would be great to see the car in person.

Any particular reason to register it in Satara?
It is because I actually live in two cities, satara being my permanent address. So it is like 3 weeks in satara, one week in pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Congrats kau_therock!

I almost made up my mind to own one last year but due to non availability of test drive vehicle in Bangalore (infact they did not have a dealer in Bangalore but a Coimbatore dealer takes care of Karnataka too) & lack of pricing information - decided to drop Volvo.

Guess - when Laura is due for replacement in next few years - will certainly add it to the list of cars to be tested.

Happy miles & do post your ownership experience as you drive S60 more!
Thank you.

Kaustubh.
kau_therock is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:43   #30
BHPian

Congrats kau_therock, you've sure got yourself a "rock" an amazing, piece of machinery I must add.

What kind of warranty does Volvo provide. Just asking for sake of comparing it to the other Germans.

The free kit surely a good way to promote good-will and build the brand. Never heard BM's or Merc's doing the same.

Do keep updating the thread and add some more drool pics as well. Enjoy mate!

Most Viewed