Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post

I did inquire about the palm beach road which was a dream to drive like 5 years back. But a friend of mine who lives in SeaWoods told me that the road now is full of speed breakers. Which is not what I had expected.
I think you have been somewhat misinformed. The Palm Beach Road is still very good to drive on and definitely NOT full of speed breakers. I drive on it every other day, and the only "speed breakers" that you will encounter are a some "rumble strips" which have been recently constructed in either lane at the Karave Village Junction near T.S. Chanakya Maritime College. Other than that you just have to contend with 3 sets of red light junctions, 4 if you count the Belapur Croma Junction.

Hope it helps.
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:40   #32
BHPian

I reckon what you are saying might be true. I will surely check the road out and will try to unleash the beast
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:00   #33
BHPian

Incredible !!! Great Car !!! Your photography skills are also awesome. Would definitely like to test drive the car someday.
The car is definitely fast however I didnt get why it is naughty ? Or is it just an expression ?
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulaions buddy

And same pinch i also own Volvo S60 (D5)

Thought sharing a pic so ...here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)-395678_10150447428139143_562934142_8654003_2036004345_n.jpg  

chiragh_bir is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review of a stunning machine! I LOVE the design of this car and always think this is ONE SEXY car! Keep clicking some nice pics and share it with us - it never bores us!.

Thought of sharing the City Safe feature video.

Edit:: Are the Volvo diesels are fun to drive as its petrols? Or the Germans have a distinctive advantage there?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd February 2012 at 15:16.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats
I am sure she would be a hoot to drive
Kindly post more shots.
Btw by anychance did you think of that orange color like the one posted above?
It looks smashing in person.
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thought of sharing the City Safe feature video.
The video says full stoppage happens if the speed is under 35 kmph. If the car speed is over 35 kmph it tries to reduce the speed "as much as possible".

I do agree this is a wonderful feature to have, but it is important to note that the safety feature is limited.

Cheers.

Note from Support - Please do not quote pics or video's from original posts as it inconveniences our small screen/mobile users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd February 2012 at 18:34.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Kaustubh congrats on your built like a tank Volvo S60. You really seem to prefer heart over head when you choose S60 over German Trio and that too in black. Very few people actually buy cars upward of 30lac in black. Most time preference is white because of easy maintainability. Black requires more care but it makes every other color car look bland, since I too own a Pearl Black VW Vento TDi. With S60 T6 you would be getting more attention than any Audi/BMW/Merc, rarity and uniqueness. In GTO S60 review he pointed out that S60 has very low GC of 135mm(IIRC) which you haven't even scraped once, kudos to you.

Quote:
i "might" be coming to mumbai ( vashi actually) on saturday for another forum's member meet. Let's see how things work out. Actually i am a bit concerned on the driving part in Mumbai. I drive safe but I am concerned about other people driving.
Well I too stay at Palm Beach, Vashi can I get the opportunity to have a sneak peak at the Scandavian beauty on Saturday?
If one wishes to drive in Mumbai than that would obviously be after midnight or early morning, otherwise it is always jam packed to the brim.

Quote:
I did inquire about the palm beach road which was a dream to drive like 5 years back. But a friend of mine who lives in SeaWoods told me that the road now is full of speed breakers. Which is not what I had expected.
You certainly misinformed about Palm Beach Rd., that's still the best road to drive here in Navi Mumbai. There are no speed breakers and only small stripes of neon painted near TS Chanakya which doesn't even cause any trouble. If I can gun down Vento TDi to its top whack on Palm Beach Rd.*(Midnight), than your S60 can easily do much more than that with AWD and 304BHP.
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Forget the Sunny, this is a carrrrrrrr (sorry for mentioning the Sunny in the same sentence as the S60!)

I'm not normally the envious type, but I'll gladly make an exception this one time. I've only ever seen one S60 on the roads, but I still remember how it made my heart skip a beat. Congrats on owning a mechanical monster.

Thanks for the post, do keep this thread alive!

PS: Drive her (him?) some more, I'm sure you'll have more smiles per mile compared to almost any other car
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:20   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome car and great ownership thread, Kau! I think the Volvos are truly gorgeous and your pics do full justice. Thanks for going off the beaten track and getting petrol (check my signature for details )

Just by the way, were you driving near University circle this Sunday evening? I was headed home and saw this black beaut with the awesomest taillights ever (it was getting dark) but since I was turning left towards Pashan, didn't see which car it was. Thinking it may well have been yours!
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice car there man. I got to drive this through a friend when the car launched and boy what a car ! The acceleration blew me away. I wrote this on the Official test drive thread as well, but I'll say it again. I was grinning for a week after driving this beast and bragged like crazy . To think that you own this car, wow.. I'd be lying if i said I'm not jealous !

I loved the blind spot indicator in the A pillar that warns you of vehicles in your blind spot. Amasing. Have a blast with the car and hope to catch you in one of the Pune meets.
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
I am sure she would be a hoot to drive
Kindly post more shots.
Btw by anychance did you think of that orange color like the one posted above?
It looks smashing in person.
When i inquired regarding the orange color, the person told me that the particular color is for diesel only. Maybe they did not have the stock. But I always wanted a black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Well I too stay at Palm Beach, Vashi can I get the opportunity to have a sneak peak at the Scandavian beauty on Saturday?
If one wishes to drive in Mumbai than that would obviously be after midnight or early morning, otherwise it is always jam packed to the brim.
You surely can. Just drop me a PM stating your number and I will buzz you when i am in vashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Awesome car and great ownership thread, Kau! I think the Volvos are truly gorgeous and your pics do full justice. Thanks for going off the beaten track and getting petrol (check my signature for details )

Just by the way, were you driving near University circle this Sunday evening? I was headed home and saw this black beaut with the awesomest taillights ever (it was getting dark) but since I was turning left towards Pashan, didn't see which car it was. Thinking it may well have been yours!
That cannot be me. I have been travelling for last week to delhi and indore. And the car is in satara at the moment. So the one you saw wasn't me
kau_therock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

2 questions that I have:

(1) Interiors of your car are all black, where the ones on the official review are black+beige combo. Can you please clarify?

(2) In the Volvo T6 review by GTO here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2343322 the alloys are different than the ones on your car. Are these two different T6's or have they changed the design of the alloys? (Pics taken from your review and the official review)

Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)-volvos6018.jpg

Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)-wheels.jpg

Overall a fantastic car !
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:09   #44
BHPian

Congrats kau_therock! Great buy.

I took the test drive in Delhi and was completely bowled over. However lack of 5th wheel (spare) in India is puzzling. How to address this problem ? This has been a deterrent in my buy . Did you speak to volvo dealer about this before your buy ? Will be grateful if you answer as I am planning to buy the car soon but not able find any satisfactory answer on this. A request to help from all of you experienced BHPians.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
2 questions that I have:

(1) Interiors of your car are all black, where the ones on the official review are black+beige combo. Can you please clarify?

(2) In the Volvo T6 review by GTO here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2343322 the alloys are different than the ones on your car. Are these two different T6's or have they changed the design of the alloys? (Pics taken from your review and the official review)

Overall a fantastic car !
Even i found it a bit dicey. The car which was given for the TBhp team had different alloys, no rear spoiler and had i reckon 225/45 tyres. GTO can clarify on this. I even read somewhere it had the aluminium finish trim where as mine has a wooden trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmoysc View Post
Congrats kau_therock! Great buy.

I took the test drive in Delhi and was completely bowled over. However lack of 5th wheel (spare) in India is puzzling. How to address this problem ? This has been a deterrent in my buy . Did you speak to volvo dealer about this before your buy ? Will be grateful if you answer as I am planning to buy the car soon but not able find any satisfactory answer on this. A request to help from all of you experienced BHPians.

Thanks in advance.
I have been driving my bimmer for 3 years now without a spare wheel. So I reckon will not be having any issues with this either *touchwood*. Though they have provided an emergency car repair kit in which you can put in some gel in the car which will fill up the puncture and also a small air compressor which will fill up the air.

Most Viewed