Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2012, 11:52   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)

I too drove the RS5, and man it was fast. But it was just too controlled, I mean I was so in control it was like a video game I like the RWD antics you get in Bimmers. Have you driven your 530d recently? Any comparison with the fun you have driving both in traffic? I'm sure the torque push of the 530d is great fun too.
Old 25th March 2012, 13:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
I too drove the RS5, and man it was fast. But it was just too controlled, I mean I was so in control it was like a video game I like the RWD antics you get in Bimmers. Have you driven your 530d recently? Any comparison with the fun you have driving both in traffic? I'm sure the torque push of the 530d is great fun too.
Honestly the 530d is being used only by the driver for taking the wifey around. I just don't seem to want to drive it at all. Whenever I see the both of them standing side by side I invariably end up choosing the RS5. There is just such a sense of drama to the whole thing.
The torque of the 530d is good but I feel that it creates a lot of fuss but doesn't really go anywhere. Especially if you are in fourth or fifth at say 120 kmph and you press down hard, nothing really happens in comparison to the instant snapping back effect that the RS5 generates. In fact the RS does that even past the two ton mark. There is just a ton of power in reserve at practically any speed.
So in stop and go traffic the bimmer feels perfect but out on the open road the diesel engine can't hold a candle to the petrol v8.
Old 25th March 2012, 18:50   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Control as in around the corners right? It feels very planted but thats the 4 wheel drive i'm assuming.

Was driving it on the dynamic mode with the paddle shifters and i was like , goes like hell and i forgot all about control!

Zkalra i'm so jealous of you mate
Old 26th March 2012, 10:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Control as in around the corners right? It feels very planted but thats the 4 wheel drive i'm assuming.

Was driving it on the dynamic mode with the paddle shifters and i was like , goes like hell and i forgot all about control!

Zkalra i'm so jealous of you mate

Basically what he's saying is a typical Beemer owner's rant.
Its the usual 'AWD ,nothing dramatic like BMWs blah blah...'
Trust me,being an Audi owner i am soo used to it by now.
I drove the RS 5 & the R8 v10.
Quattro making it predictable and safe is true no doubt but the sheer pace that thing has makes it good fun nonetheless ...until i drove the R8 v10 that is. That lamborghini heart literally blows everything away and how

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th March 2012 at 22:52. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully, thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 22:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Quattro making it predictable and safe is true no doubt but the sheer pace that thing has makes it good fun nonetheless ...until i drove the R8 v10 that is. That lamborghini heart literally blows everything away and how
I know what you mean mate! That V10 in the R8 is bonkers Goes like hell and sounds even better!
Old 27th March 2012, 08:21   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both BMW and Quattro Audis have their own positive points. However, I have to admit the fun factor/oversteer thrill of RWD of Beemers is actually more fun than endless grip you get from Quattro.

That said, I am planning to buy an Audi 3.2 soon. The only reason is the engine in that thing.

Couple of years down the line... a M3 or M5 may be!
Old 27th March 2012, 10:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Awesome! Congrats.

So much spotting

Was wondering how it sounds and hence found these; the sound it creates while downshifting is there in this video. M3 doesn't sound that exciting .

Can you try to post a video for us
Old 27th March 2012, 11:07   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Both BMW and Quattro Audis have their own positive points. However, I have to admit the fun factor/oversteer thrill of RWD of Beemers is actually more fun than endless grip you get from Quattro.

That said, I am planning to buy an Audi 3.2 soon. The only reason is the engine in that thing.

In which case you might have to move quick. The 3.2 is no longer sold in most western economies and since its a CBU, you just might squeeze in one of the last manufactured models ,if you haven't already missed the train that is.
As far as the facelift is concerned, the car hardly looks as menacing as the pre-facelift , its suspension seems to have been softened a tad keeping in mind the customers comfy wants and the engine replacing the 3.2 block ,though fantastic in its own right, is not NA. Its supercharged. I recently had a small debate with fellow bhpian and good friend (also a 3.2 fsi owner_ Fre2bpowerless about what engine block the 3.2 replacement would have. While he thinks it will remain NA, i feel its a supercharged 3 litre unit.
Point is, i feel its already too late to go in for a 3.2 fsi. Fantastic car though ! Drove that car and mine back to back and both cars though scary fast , are miles apart in their behavior !
Have you driven the A4 3.0 tdi ?

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 27th March 2012 at 11:09.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:08   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was actually expecting more from it, maybe thats why. It was certainly fast and had good grip, a great car. I guess it is the typical BMW owners rant

Pity I didn't get to drive the R8.

Quote:
Its supercharged. I recently had a small debate with fellow bhpian and good friend (also a 3.2 fsi owner_ Fre2bpowerless about what engine block the 3.2 replacement would have. While he thinks it will remain NA, i feel its a supercharged 3 litre unit.
Point is, i feel its already too late to go in for a 3.2 fsi.
Why are you 2 arguing about that? Its going to be the 3.0t which will replace the 3.2 albeit in a 270bhp odd tune.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th March 2012 at 11:12.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 11:18   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why are you 2 arguing about that? Its going to be the 3.0t which will replace the 3.2 albeit in a 270bhp odd tune.
Correction. We WERE arguing about it. Not anymore.
Besides the point of discussion was NA or Supercharged.
Since its the same mill from the A6 petrol its supercharged IMO.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Can you try to post a video for us
It sounds magnificant, I can tell you that!

The blip at downshifts is something you will definitely notice while sitting in the car. However I have a feeling it may not be reproduced in a video. It will be too muted under the roar of the engine.

Quote:
In which case you might have to move quick. The 3.2 is no longer sold in most western economies and since its a CBU, you just might squeeze in one of the last manufactured models ,if you haven't already missed the train that is.
As far as the facelift is concerned, the car hardly looks as menacing as the pre-facelift , its suspension seems to have been softened a tad keeping in mind the customers comfy wants and the engine replacing the 3.2 block ,though fantastic in its own right, is not NA. Its supercharged. I recently had a small debate with fellow bhpian and good friend (also a 3.2 fsi owner_ Fre2bpowerless about what engine block the 3.2 replacement would have. While he thinks it will remain NA, i feel its a supercharged 3 litre unit.
Point is, i feel its already too late to go in for a 3.2 fsi. Fantastic car though ! Drove that car and mine back to back and both cars though scary fast , are miles apart in their behavior !
Have you driven the A4 3.0 tdi ?
I haven't certainly missed the train, am going pre-owned way!

Quote:
Arguing... . Dude this was my only post for this discussion!
Old 27th March 2012, 11:40   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Arguing... . Dude this was my only post for this discussion!
Was talking about him and free2bepowerless, not you.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 11:45   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was talking about him and free2bepowerless, not you.
Oh okay... got it! It seemed you replied to the discussion I and Platz were having.
Old 28th March 2012, 09:53   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the RS5 zkalra. That is one awesome ride there.White makes it standout even more.

Audi 3.2 FSi with Quattro is the definitive NA experience you can get in that bracket.I have driven a Bimmer 325i and the Audi 3.2 on empty city streets late nights and with the Quattro on the 3.2 I just felt I could do a lot more amazing things without ever being in danger of losing it, if you know what I mean.Consider yourself extremely lucky if you've even managed to come up with an A4 3.2 FSi for sale as these beauties are very tough to find on used car market.Also since it'l be CBU Im sure it'l be fully loaded with premium stuff like the Audi Drive Select and B&O system.Can you share the price that is being quoted to you for the example you're looking at?All the best with your purchase.Looking forward to that ownership review soon.
Old 30th March 2012, 23:46   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Lol. I kind of agree. I own both brands and find that the inclusion of Quattro is definitely a boon. The confidence that it renders to the driver is incredible and let me tell you that on unpredictable Indian roads it is far better than any two wheel drive system. This whole two wheel drive being the more 'pure' form of the automobile is a bunch of BS and frankly makes sense only on the track or for shooting 'cool looking' videos for tv shows. Most people don't even go on the track let alone do drifting orpowerslides and for that majority the Quattro is the better form of transport.
And it's faster around the track especially in the rain.
Zkalra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks