Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 16:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)

Congratulations on your new car, A real car for mad petrolheads.

You cannot compare a petrol car with a diesel one, and no definitely not this one. Also you already spent more than 30k on petrol in just 20 days. thats just awesome, in your face attitude to all those crazy pseudo environmentalist.
SirAlec is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 16:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Positives:
- Stonking engine - 0-100 in 4.6

Negatives:
- Mileage of......wait for it....... 4 kmpl!!

It gains stupendous speed so much so that honestly 150 kmph feels like a 100. This car really does cover ground. Who cares about the 4 kmpl urban mileage!!??!!
Congratulations Zkalra

Your super Luxury looks Gorgeous in white.

Tap on accelerator and it Zooms with roar, When one buys such a super luxury car the FE and Rising fuel cost are left in dirt.
The sheer pleasure one gets of driving it must be incomparable.

Enjoy your ride to the fullest
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 16:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and enjoy the attention. Just a shade under 100 kms a day, hope your dental fillings are in place and I can see that petrol attendant smiling when ever you come in to tank up at 4 kmpl it must be something like once in 4 days or even less. (Use your credit card and use it's turbo points to redeem free fuel: OMG! that thought is for 'penny pincher's' like me.) I agree you will be using the engine note as ICE and be using the A/C a lot less and B&O system to impress others only.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 18:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hello,congratulations on owning a "supercar" in India,and the one of the most practical ones at that!

I have seen the RS5 in person and that car turns heads for sure,something which cant be fully explained in pics.Even in white the RS5 will keep you gaping for sometime,those beautiful aluminium polished rear view mirrors,the LEDS,the low stance and massive wheels!

So what is the breaking in time period for this car?I heard that most of these high capacity engines are already broken in at the factory itself?

Servicing takes place at normal Audi service centres?I dont mean to sound rude,but can you tell us as to on an average how expensive is a service?Change of fluids and all every 5,000km?(trying to understand how expensive it is to maintain a supercar.)

How many modes does it have for handling setup?Comfort,sport and dynamic?

Oh lastly with the new facelifted RS5 already revealed,was the reason you had got your car at a discount?

Last edited by avishar : 25th February 2012 at 18:50.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 22:07   #20

Congratulations Mr Kalra for the new baby, hope u are having a great experience with it. I would like to thank you for an honest review and also have a question for u.

How do u find the driving dynamics of audi after the quattro, which would u rate comparable to or better than BMW 6 series for sheer driving pleasure.

Thanks and Happy Driving
ritwikdey28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 22:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Finally !!! So you did get time off from driving her to put up a report after all ! LOL
Congratulations again on the fantastic acquisition. She looks sensational in white !
Could you post some interior shots ? Want to see the similarities with my car's cockpit.
Thanks
There you go Platz!!
Attached Thumbnails
Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-1.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-2.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-3.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-4.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-5.jpg  

Last edited by Zkalra : 25th February 2012 at 23:00.
Zkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 23:21   #22
BHPian

Here are some more Photos of the Interior and the Exterior. i love the Aluminium finish side mirrors!!
Attached Thumbnails
Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-1.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-2.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-3.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-4.jpg  

Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)-photo-5.jpg  

Zkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 23:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfreak7 View Post
Sweet ride there!
Could you talk a little bit more about the transmission? Specs + driving experience. You mentioned the ratios seem a little off, but that's probably cause the average speeds on Indian roads is low.

Drive safe!
The Transmission is a DCT dual clutch awesome thingamajig!! In Comfort mode gear changes are completely imperceptible as the transmission has two clutches each holding onto a separate gear. When you change one clutch shuts off anf the other one engages so there is virtually no power delivery loss and the entire change-up is near instantaneous!!

In comfort when you blip a gear up or down - it drops a drop of petrol in the hot exhaust creating a bit of a propulsion effect and an amazing roar. Its amazing and brings real drama to even basic driving!!!!

This is one of the most easy to live with Super-Coupes available in India!!
Old 26th February 2012, 09:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

The grill is jaw dropping gorgeous !! Beautiful machine this one is.

I saw one about 10 days back zoom on the newly paved Gurgaon Faridabad Road-I remember my wife asking me what that is Wondering if it was you ? Do you frequent that road ?

Congratulations again.
Old 26th February 2012, 10:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
There you go Platz!!

Thanks a lot !! Something just shocked me behind belief !
Why does your car have a pedestrian Audi Symphony system and the low reso version of MMI ??
Yes i know the dam music system hardly matters with that orgasmic NA v8 orchestra happening in the engine bay but still, i thought a Bang & Olufsen system and a full fledged MMI is a given in such a fantastic car.
Old 26th February 2012, 12:45   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot !! Something just shocked me behind belief !
Why does your car have a pedestrian Audi Symphony system and the low reso version of MMI ??
Yes i know the dam music system hardly matters with that orgasmic NA v8 orchestra happening in the engine bay but still, i thought a Bang & Olufsen system and a full fledged MMI is a given in such a fantastic car.
It does have a B&O. Audi symphony is just the head unit or the lower end MMI or whatever. I don't think its a necessity to have the full MMI for a B&O system.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 14:04   #27
BHPian

Amazing car!
HRE wheels on this car would be awesome.
According to my calculations with just 1800 kms your have spent close to Rs. 36,000 in fuel!
But i am sure its worth it.

Last edited by Mirage : 26th February 2012 at 14:08. Reason: Was incomplete
Mirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 18:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It does have a B&O. Audi symphony is just the head unit or the lower end MMI or whatever. I don't think its a necessity to have the full MMI for a B&O system.

I think not. Unless Audi have changed something ,which is unlikely since this is a pre-facelift model ,i can guarantee that models with 'Audi Symphony' do not have the B n O or Bose systems.
Incidentally i used to think exactly what you are saying here but i stood corrected. Symphony , Bose & B n O are all different systems.
Old 26th February 2012, 18:49   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think not. Unless Audi have changed something ,which is unlikely since this is a pre-facelift model ,i can guarantee that models with 'Audi Symphony' do not have the B n O or Bose systems.
Incidentally i used to think exactly what you are saying here but i stood corrected. Symphony , Bose & B n O are all different systems.
A friends 3.2 has the B&O with the basic mmi and symphony written there. That I am 100% sure of. Also in this pic you can see the silver surrounds for the speakers which only the B&O has and also the speakers on the dash which again only the B&O has.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 18:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FYI, only the B&O system has tweeters in the RVM quadrants, which you can clearly see in the pictures above.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks