Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 13:17   #76
BHPian

Re: Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Thanks for posting details. I'm a little lucky because I have basement parking both at home and at work, so dirt and scratches etc are somewhat mitigated.
I'd advise buying the Jopasu duster if you haven't already. It's perfect for getting the dust off and considering your car's black, you'll also mitigate the swirls and minor scratches you'd get from a regular cloth.

Basement Parking at work - I have
Basement Parking at home- I have
Jopasu duster- I have
And swirls and minor scratches- also I have.

Trust me....give it a little time and inspite of all these things you will see the need get the car regularly polished and washed at a good washing center. The colour Black drives people on the road crazy but it also drives the owner crazy in maintaing it.

btw...do not wash the Jopasu duster with soap, detergent, etc. I did that and it has rendered the duster uselss. Now it doesn't pick up the dust..only sweeps it aside.
When you absolutely need to wash the duster, use only plain water 9bucket loads of it) and then leave it to air dry.

Note from support - Smiley usage restricted to two per post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th March 2012 at 13:53.
sameer_tangri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 13:44   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_tangri View Post

Basement Parking at work - I have
Basement Parking at home- I have
Jopasu duster- I have
And swirls and minor scratches- also I have.

Trust me....give it a little time and inspite of all these things you will see the need get the car regularly polished and washed at a good washing center. The colour Black drives people on the road crazy but it also drives the owner crazy in maintaing it.

btw...do not wash the Jopasu duster with soap, detergent, etc. I did that and it has rendered the duster uselss. Now it doesn't pick up the dust..only sweeps it aside.
When you absolutely need to wash the duster, use only plain water 9bucket loads of it) and then leave it to air dry.
Thanks for the headsup. I've got a fantastic washing center and they do a great job of washing the car, but I'll probably be getting the detailing done from Kamyo or 3M every 4-6 months. Black is the hardest color to maintain... if it was up to me I may have gotten san-drift grey or even silver but my wife insisted on black.

Btw... how come you don't have a thread for your Cruze or a gallery? Cmon... lets see some pics!

Last edited by ghostrider : 7th March 2012 at 13:46.
Old 7th March 2012, 19:26   #78
BHPian

UPDATE: Fuel Economy on the first tankful.

Driving conditions:
  • 100% City driving, with a couple of runs to 140-160
  • AC on 100% of the time
  • An effort to drive at 70-80% rpm to run in the engine properly (RPM range was 1400 - 2800)

What the MID reported: 12.0

What I actually got: 11.3
Attached Thumbnails
Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-mid-fe01-2012.03.06.jpg  

Old 8th March 2012, 12:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:

Driving conditions:
  • AC on 100% of the time
  • An effort to drive at 70-80% rpm to run in the engine properly (RPM range was 1400 - 2800)
What the MID reported: 12.0

Congrats on your Diesel Rocket. FE you got is indeed very good, considering 100% ac on. I've got a maximum of 11kmpl in city driving so far. Have you checked the FE on highways yet? The max I got on HWs is 18.6kmpl (MID figure) with 80% ac switched off. With AC on 100%, the FE I usually get on HWs is between 15 - 15.5kmpl.

Considering the weight of the car, I guess the FE figures we get on Cruze is fantastic. Moreover, with that 150PS of power surging under the hood, it's very tough to have a light foot on Cruze and still manage to get decent FE figures.

My Cruze is about to go for the 15000kms service next month. Hope the FE figures will be even better after the oil change and filter cleaning/replacement, etc.
Cruzerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 15:31   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerman View Post
Congrats on your Diesel Rocket. FE you got is indeed very good, considering 100% ac on. I've got a maximum of 11kmpl in city driving so far. Have you checked the FE on highways yet? The max I got on HWs is 18.6kmpl (MID figure) with 80% ac switched off. With AC on 100%, the FE I usually get on HWs is between 15 - 15.5kmpl.
18.6!!! That's fantastic!!! I haven't been on the highway yet. Will post highway run figures as soon as I do.

Quote:
Moreover, with that 150PS of power surging under the hood, it's very tough to have a light foot on Cruze and still manage to get decent FE figures
Seriously! I'm still running in the engine so I have to try and not give in to temptation and floor the throttle, but it's so difficult to be restrained! Just yesterday I wanted to overtake the guy in front ...... a quick downshift to 3rd at 45kph, 50% throttle and WHOOOSH!!! Bye bye!!
Old 8th March 2012, 17:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously! I'm still running in the engine so I have to try and not give in to temptation and floor the throttle, but it's so difficult to be restrained! Just yesterday I wanted to overtake the guy in front ...... a quick downshift to 3rd at 45kph, 50% throttle and WHOOOSH!!! Bye bye!!
I can imagine what all you'd be tempted to do with your car once the running in period is over . Just joking!! I love to lower the driver side window glass and listen to the engine's music and the turbo whistle (I'm not sure whether that's what it's called). It's so alluring a sound, you'd be tempted to floor the throttle.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:10   #82
BHPian

Congratulation Ghostrider!
Its a great car and those alloys match the black beauty perfectly.
Care to share the final OTR of the car
Old 12th March 2012, 10:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congratulation Ghostrider!
Its a great car and those alloys match the black beauty perfectly.
Care to share the final OTR of the car
Depending on where you buy it, you should get a 25k discount on the car with some haggling and some accessories thrown in as well. I went a little nuts with the nego so my total discount (including reductions in insurance) came to about 50-60k + free accessories.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:51   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Depending on where you buy it, you should get a 25k discount on the car with some haggling and some accessories thrown in as well. I went a little nuts with the nego so my total discount (including reductions in insurance) came to about 50-60k + free accessories.
Does this include Corporate discount? I heard some rumors that the cruze facelift or whatever it is will not get the new engine and it might just be that, i.e, a facelift, with some minor chrome thrown around. In that case I might as well go for the current one and see how much I can extract from the dealer.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Does this include Corporate discount? I heard some rumors that the cruze facelift or whatever it is will not get the new engine and it might just be that, i.e, a facelift, with some minor chrome thrown around. In that case I might as well go for the current one and see how much I can extract from the dealer.
No corporate discount, just plain old-fashioned haggling and playing various bidders against each other.

I've heard the same thing about the facelifted Cruze as well.... there won't be an engine upgrade - just minor trim upgrades, a slight interior & exterior refresh and some re-packaging of the back to make it a little roomier.
None of that mattered to me (also sometimes refreshes and facelifts wind up looking god-awful) and the excise hike on diesel cars is imminent so I went ahead and booked the current model.
Old 12th March 2012, 13:50   #86
anb
BHPian

Quote:

Driving conditions:
  • AC on 100% of the time
My car returns similar fuel efficiency figures.

Quote:
With AC on 100%, the FE I usually get on HWs is between 15 - 15.5kmpl.
There is something wrong with your car or with your calculations. Achieving a "usual" mileage of 15.5 kmpl is not possible in my car.

Last edited by anb : 12th March 2012 at 14:06.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Achieving a "usual" mileage of 15.5 kmpl is not possible in my car.
Could you please make yourself a little clear? Why cant one achieve 15.5kmpl 'usually'?
We have an Auto Cruze LTZ in the family and it regularly gives 15-16kmpl on the highways.
Old 13th March 2012, 00:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
My car returns similar fuel efficiency figures.

There is something wrong with your car or with your calculations. Achieving a "usual" mileage of 15.5 kmpl is not possible in my car.
I'm not sure whether it's unusual for a Cruze to have a FE of 15.5 kmpl on highways. On highways, with AC on 100%, my car returns 15kmpl all the time. With a light foot (that is, not crossing 80 kmph) and staying on high gears and AC on full time, I have achieved 17.5 kmpl too. Though these are MID figures. Not sure how much will that differ from the actual FE. I do not get more than 11kmpl in B2B driving in Kochi (again I'm talking about MID figures).
Attached Thumbnails
Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-cruze-fe1.jpg  

Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-cruze-fe2.jpg  

Old 13th March 2012, 08:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, the car look superb. Lovely choice of Wheels and tires, glad I could be at help. Black really suits the cruze really well. Enjoy the diesel rocket.
m4ugr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:58   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats, the car look superb. Lovely choice of Wheels and tires, glad I could be at help. Black really suits the cruze really well. Enjoy the diesel rocket.
Thanks. The Advan Sports are really good tyres. No squeal even at speed, loads of grip, and pretty quiet too. Then again, the tyres have only done about 900km so far, so I'll update the ownership experience as they get progressively older.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Could you please make yourself a little clear? Why cant one achieve 15.5kmpl 'usually'?
We have an Auto Cruze LTZ in the family and it regularly gives 15-16kmpl on the highways.
I'm not sure whether it's unusual for a Cruze to have a FE of 15.5 kmpl on highways. On highways, with AC on 100%, my car returns 15kmpl all the time. With a light foot (that is, not crossing 80 kmph) and staying on high gears and AC on full time, I have achieved 17.5 kmpl too. Though these are MID figures. Not sure how much will that differ from the actual FE. I do not get more than 11kmpl in B2B driving in Kochi (again I'm talking about MID figures).
+1 to this. For the second tank the MID's reporting 13kpl, give or take. If this translates into a 12 kpl (again, give or take) fuel economy in the city, there's absolutely no reason you won't get 15 or so on the highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks