Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 18:36   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid - A Skoda Fans New Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek_ch View Post
Congratilations on you handsome new buy. IMHO please do not go with the blue seat covers. Too bright for an otherwise decent cockpit. Go for the beige ones
Lol, no ways am I getting the blue, that is just to showcase the design I intended to get, but I think I will copy cags design, I really liked what he did with his Rapid.
Old 13th March 2012, 22:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Congrats buddy !! Drive safe in your Rapid and hope you have many happy memories and miles in this car. I have a Vento TDI. Well so basically I know what the heart aka engine of this car is all about. Just out of curiosity have you driven the TDI Vento ? If yes then what difference if any did you notice w.r.t performance of the engine if Skoda is using a different tune of the engine.
One more thing you mentioned in one of your earlier true I completely agree. I had a Honda City earlier. It felt comfy and spacious. The Vento has space but then that feel is missing for sure. Space management is what the Japs are good at but not to in Suzuki though.
Thanks for the wishes.

I test drove both the Vento and Rapid back to back, in the Vento I really liked the surge of power that suddenly hits you after some time, while I loved it, Dad thought the engine is not smooth. The Rapid in comparison is more linear in power delivery and has good initial pull. But I would not recommend anyone, any car over the other based on the engine feel, in the end both are very similar and picking one over the other based on the engine would be nit-picking.

Regarding the Honda, I really miss the airy cabin on the Honda. I had owned the Swift before I bought the Honda and I completely agree with that, the rear seat was not the best place to be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy View Post
In your post you mentioned you had got the Skoda Shield. Does this include the roadside assistance and the extended 4 year (total) warranty?

Tafe Skoda Bangalore where I got my car from told me the scheme is yet to be launched, just wanted to check if it were true.
I am sorry but I think you must mis-read, I had mentioned in the opening post that I had got Skoda Secure which is nothing but Bumper to bumper Insurance.

Even I have been informed that Skoda Shield has yet not been introduced by Skoda. I really want to opt for this.
Old 14th March 2012, 20:40   #48
BHPian

Congratulation on your buy! Indeed a nice car to own in that price range. The color too is very classy. Get some nice seat covers which match the interiors.

Sot sure about your city, but there are some good manufacturers of seat covers in Bangalore. PM me if you need their details.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 17:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Congratulation on your buy! Indeed a nice car to own in that price range. The color too is very classy. Get some nice seat covers which match the interiors.

Sot sure about your city, but there are some good manufacturers of seat covers in Bangalore. PM me if you need their details.
Thanks for the nice comments, will surely try and get some nice covers, but in the end it depends on the wifey Hopefully should get some leathers by next week, fingers crossed.

I would love to get some seat covers done from Bangalore, especially from Karlsons, but unfortunately I stay in Chennai and I make very short trips to Bangalore.
Old 19th March 2012, 00:54   #50
BHPian

Congratulation on your new buy! Good to hear that you have had good luck with Skoda. I hope it continues. The colour is pretty decent as well.. Its a nice car to own for that price. Do keep updating the thread at regular intervals..
Old 19th March 2012, 18:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

I remember you discussed stanley's for your car a while back. Have you finalized it yet? Apart from stanley's you get ovion too in chennai (through jewajee in annanagar). Both are very similar as far as price points are concerned.

Let us know how it goes, cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
I would love to get some seat covers done from Bangalore, especially from Karlsons, but unfortunately I stay in Chennai and I make very short trips to Bangalore.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 18:28   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Lack of features, I feel the car misses out on park-assist, self-folding mirrors, steering controls, and at-least a better OEM music system, definitely cost-cutting evident, but on the flip side it gives you a chance to install much better quality aftermarket ones though maybe at the risk of the electrical warranty depending on your dealer.
I won't miss these features except for
- park-assist: simply because the factory fitted one has better finish
- electrically (not folding) adjustable ORVM: helps during parking
- alloys: i like Rapid's alloys and these are expensive to be bought

I agree, getting an aftermarket music system, e.g. Pioneer, allows us to have a remote that can be steering mounted and detachable (to be used by rear passengers) at the same time. Then there is better sound.
Old 20th March 2012, 14:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Congratulation on your new buy! Good to hear that you have had good luck with Skoda. I hope it continues. The colour is pretty decent as well.. Its a nice car to own for that price. Do keep updating the thread at regular intervals..
Thanks man, it does feel like gambling when you buy a Skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I remember you discussed stanley's for your car a while back. Have you finalized it yet? Apart from stanley's you get ovion too in chennai (through jewajee in annanagar). Both are very similar as far as price points are concerned.

Let us know how it goes, cheers.
Nope have not got them installed as of yet, hopefully will get it done by this week, have graciously copied cags design for the seats, really love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I won't miss these features except for
- park-assist: simply because the factory fitted one has better finish
- electrically (not folding) adjustable ORVM: helps during parking
- alloys: i like Rapid's alloys and these are expensive to be bought

I agree, getting an aftermarket music system, e.g. Pioneer, allows us to have a remote that can be steering mounted and detachable (to be used by rear passengers) at the same time. Then there is better sound.
I just hope Skoda gets a little more flexible about warranty with regard to aftermarket installs if done at a reputed place.

Update: have almost finished 1000kms, will do a quick review as soon as I have crossed the figure.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:56   #54
BHPian

Look what I bought for the car on ebay

Skoda Rapid - A Skoda Fans New Toy-valve.jpg

Still have not gone and updated my ICE, really confused, if you guys can chip in with your thoughts on what I have finalized:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...w-vento-8.html

Have got my first scratch on the car, the alloy good chipped at a hospitals parking lot

Have done around 2300kms in the car so far. Will be updating my driving impressions soon.
Old 26th May 2012, 00:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Look what I bought for the car on ebay

Attachment 916687

What is that?
Old 26th May 2012, 00:18   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
What is that?
Skoda tyre valve caps. Caps for the valves with the logo. They look cool.
Old 26th May 2012, 00:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Skoda tyre valve caps. Caps for the valves with the logo. They look cool.
Aren't they company fitted on cars already? Remember only seeing valves with company logos on my cars, maybe skoda is different?
Old 26th May 2012, 15:46   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aren't they company fitted on cars already? Remember only seeing valves with company logos on my cars, maybe skoda is different?
Depends on what cars you own. I just finished reading your C250 CDI ownership review. Nice!

I am yet to own car that comes with pre fitted company logos on the tyre valves. Hopefully someday...
Old 26th May 2012, 15:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Depends on what cars you own. I just finished reading your C250 CDI ownership review. Nice!

I am yet to own car that comes with pre fitted company logos on the tyre valves. Hopefully someday...
Thanks, will add more pictures there, soon!
Oh, sure you will :-)
Old 27th May 2012, 13:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
What is that?
As Vid already mentioned, they are Tyre valve caps, got from ebay, unitedcustomes sell them for a variety of cars brands.

Quote:
Nope unfortunately you get them mostly on high-end cars like your C250 Btw loved your review, more pictures please.

Update: I have almost finished 5000kms, will post a review after that, and also have a small update with respect to ICE

Have almost finalized on this http://www.jvc.co.in/car/av_receiver...746/index.html Kindly advise if this a good HU or should I go for this http://www.pioneer-india.in/index.ph...emid=11&id=133

Last edited by xtremeshock : 27th May 2012 at 13:15.

Most Viewed