Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:51   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano

^^ that is early clutch wear. If clutch is indeed the issue and needs replacement then you should insist on they taking care of it in warranty. They will normally say that this is driver style issue but 2000 kms is too low and raising ones voice / escallating as a rigid person who will not take no for an answer may help.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I have not driven the 2011 (and older) models of Nano; I do not find the clutch hard. It is only the steering wheel that needs extra flexing of muscles at near dead speeds. Once the car picks up speed, it is fun machine.
I have driven the 2011 nano. Quite a peppy engine and has better pickup compared to my wagonR K10. Seems it has little to do with the low end power. Have not driven it extensively with the AC, but the friend reported not much of a difference. The engine sound is a bit annoying. It takes a little time to get used to the non existent bonnet.
Found the steering pretty hard and seriously miss the power steering. I found it very tough to park the nano with this hard steering specially after the habit of ultra light steering on my WagonR. Overall the car is a nice package for the price it is offered at and is a very nice car for a city ride. The brakes are a bit of let down. Maybe tata could have done with discs at the front end.

Things that nano has and I miss on my WagonR are:
1. Powerful headlights.
2. Day-night rear view mirror. Extremely useful as most of the cars in mumbai drive with High beams.
3. The low end response of the engine.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
^^ that is early clutch wear. If clutch is indeed the issue and needs replacement then you should insist on they taking care of it in warranty. They will normally say that this is driver style issue but 2000 kms is too low and raising ones voice / escallating as a rigid person who will not take no for an answer may help.
Really? I cancelled my service because all other issues got resolved automatically! Should I rebook the same?
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:33   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^

Clutch is among the important bits so if that issues still persists do get it checked / reported early. (i.e. if it is abnormally hard compared to early) Do note the first time we try the clutch of a new car it always feels soft for 1-2 days but that is just our leg getting set to the new car. Best bet would be to compare your clutch with that of another nano and if yours feels harder compared to the other one do report it early as it would not be replaced free of cost if you face an issue later in the life (say after 7-10k kms or closer to a year of usage.)
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

It may happen that the SA tells you it's normal. In which case you should check with another A.S.S as a means of confirmation.
Old 2nd July 2012, 23:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

During the first service, my wifey had reported that the clutch was hard. They had got it fixed then and it was smooth. Right now, I find it smooth but at signals, I notice that despite how slow I leave the clutch, it tries to kick back!
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

That doesn't sound like the clutch has gone bad! I think you can try getting its play (free travel) adjusted so it connects more towards the end of its travel rather than at the beginning, or just let yourself adjust with the (back) pressure of the pedal.
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Could be. I too have my doubts; no harm in checking though. However, I noticed that the grip on the clutch pedal is gone! I don't keep my foot on the clutch. My Zen and Estilo have clocked 68K and 20K kilometers and still have ample grip left on them!
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

There are aftermarket pedals available which can be clipped onto the existing one. This seems to be another cost cutting exercise gone wrong.
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:20   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Amtak.

Lucky fellow to get such a anniversary gift. We share the same date ; so am hoping next anniversary I get my desired vehicle - Safari on completing a decade if that is some measure to go by

Wish you many more happy miles ahead with the khushiyon ki chaabi. Keep us updated about your ride.
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:36   #41
BHPian

Congratulations for the car. Even i am new nano owner. This is my first car. Even i could hear some rattles from the left front side of the car but it was sorted at the service station. The problem was a loose dashboard bolt.

Otherwise the car is performing perfectly. I have clocked around 800 kms till date. I am not getting very good fuel efficiency but i think it will improve once the running-in is over.

Lastly, what ICE do you have in your car ? I would be glad if you could share the details.

Regards

Aditya
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Congratulations Amtak.

Lucky fellow to get such a anniversary gift. We share the same date ; so am hoping next anniversary I get my desired vehicle - Safari on completing a decade if that is some measure to go by

Wish you many more happy miles ahead with the khushiyon ki chaabi. Keep us updated about your ride.
Thanks a ton Advait! Don't wish for the Safari, go for the storme, that's even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Congratulations for the car. Even i am new nano owner. This is my first car. Even i could hear some rattles from the left front side of the car but it was sorted at the service station. The problem was a loose dashboard bolt.

Otherwise the car is performing perfectly. I have clocked around 800 kms till date. I am not getting very good fuel efficiency but i think it will improve once the running-in is over.

Lastly, what ICE do you have in your car ? I would be glad if you could share the details.

Regards

Aditya
Congratulations! Do post your ownership report and pictures please! I have had the unit from TATA itself, will post the pictures of the same shortly. It is I believe Nippon/Clarion. Sound quality is adequate but it fits the fascia like one unit and make the dash look more attractive.

Last edited by amtak : 3rd July 2012 at 14:48.
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations! Do post your ownership report and pictures please! I have had the unit from TATA itself, will post the pictures of the same shortly. It is I believe Nippon/Clarion. Sound quality is adequate but it fits the fascia like one unit and make the dash look more attractive.
Yes, i will post my ownership report soon. I checked the TATA sound system but they were fitting the speakers on the front dashboard which ruined the look and it also didnt sound well. I have gone for a pioneer MVH-1490UB headunit and rockford fosgate R1693 co-axials at the rear. The sound quality is just fantastic. Do check out the ICE section. I have posted the details there in the " ICE for Tata nano " thread. Anyway its nice to see another nano owner . Drive safe

Regards

Aditya
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Yes, i will post my ownership report soon. I checked the TATA sound system but they were fitting the speakers on the front dashboard which ruined the look and it also didnt sound well. I have gone for a pioneer MVH-1490UB headunit and rockford fosgate R1693 co-axials at the rear. The sound quality is just fantastic. Do check out the ICE section. I have posted the details there in the " ICE for Tata nano " thread. Anyway its nice to see another nano owner . Drive safe

Regards

Aditya
Will do. The reason I didnt go outside of TASS is for the reasons of Warranty. I never let any outsider touch my car till the time cars are under warranty. I know I pay a lot more to TASS/MASS, but i get the peace of mind
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Will do. The reason I didnt go outside of TASS is for the reasons of Warranty. I never let any outsider touch my car till the time cars are under warranty. I know I pay a lot more to TASS/MASS, but i get the peace of mind
I agree mate. But i enquired with the TATA guys and they said if there is no wire cutting involved then the warranty stays. So i have attached a socket which connects the head unit and it is specifically made for the nano. With this you can go for any HU. In my car, the installation was done at DRIVEN ( new delhi ) and those guys have done a great job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks