Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2013, 20:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anniversary Surprise - Keys to happiness! White Tata Nano

A chapter comes to an end. An era comes to an end in my life. Having sold my Nano today, all I can say is that I have thoroughly enjoyed this car. It is really khusioon ki chabi. I'll miss her.
amtak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 20:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
A chapter comes to an end. An era comes to an end in my life. Having sold my Nano today, all I can say is that I have thoroughly enjoyed this car. It is really khusioon ki chabi. I'll miss her.
That was a rather abrupt and unexpected end to the ownership report.

Would you mind elaborating the reasons selling it?
Old 9th September 2013, 00:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
That was a rather abrupt and unexpected end to the ownership report.

Would you mind elaborating the reasons selling it?
Yes. My in-laws have moved in with us taking the number of family cars to 3. Add 3 more two wheelers and the number of vehicles to be maintained becomes 6. While, I am the designated car driver, wifey sometimes uses the two wheelers. While my Zen, and my in laws Estilo is debt free, Nano had an EMI going on; However small it may be, it didnt make any logical sense to keep the EMI running and also maintain two EMI free cars which are new (Zen is 8 years old but in mint condition).

While Nano was the most fuel efficient of the lot; it was on a loan. The same money could be used somewhere else as an appreciating asset; got a very good resale value for the car and hence, decided to part ways with it. Since, the car is in the family only, I can always take it back.

One thing i would like to highlight is never did the TATA guys let me down in my last one year of ownership. I never felt that I owned a Nano and not an Aria; I would rate the treatment given to Nano as good as a D class car if not better .

Completed 11000 happy kilometers in this car. Also, made a few people think of buying the nano.

Last edited by amtak : 9th September 2013 at 00:53.
amtak is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 01:43   #64
BHPian

Nice to meet you today buddy. But I wished I had spotted your nano atleast once. Having driven it, I must admit it was one gem of a car to be driven in the city. Hope you re-unite with it again some day.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:03   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Nice to meet you today buddy. But I wished I had spotted your nano atleast once. Having driven it, I must admit it was one gem of a car to be driven in the city. Hope you re-unite with it again some day.
Same it. It was nice to meet you as well. Car is gone to my sister, perhaps, I can borrow it some day.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:41   #66
BHPian

Thanks Amtak for the ownership report!
I am going through all the ownership reports for Nano because my brother-in-law is planning to buy one, he loves the car and I love it too (and proud of it!) but just wanted to be sure about the ownership aspect.
Your report surely is helpful in making the decision.
Sad that you had to part ways with it, it seemed as if you were well and truly in love with the car.
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Thanks Amtak for the ownership report!
I am going through all the ownership reports for Nano because my brother-in-law is planning to buy one, he loves the car and I love it too (and proud of it!) but just wanted to be sure about the ownership aspect.
Your report surely is helpful in making the decision.
Sad that you had to part ways with it, it seemed as if you were well and truly in love with the car.
Yes, I was truly happy with the car and may be one day, I would love to own another Nano (Maybe Europa or some other variant). Did your brother in law buy it finally?
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Yes, I was truly happy with the car and may be one day, I would love to own another Nano (Maybe Europa or some other variant). Did your brother in law buy it finally?
Yes, he did! And he is loving it too. He learnt how to drive just a week before he got the delivery of the car and in the first 15 days had already completed close to 1000KM's, all in the city!

His bike is just gathering dust from that day till today!
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Yes, he did! And he is loving it too. He learnt how to drive just a week before he got the delivery of the car and in the first 15 days had already completed close to 1000KM's, all in the city!

His bike is just gathering dust from that day till today!
That is bound to happen. A car like Nano gives 20 KMPL on road with the ac. A bike will give about 45 without ac and loads of dust. And the EMI difference between the two is hardly anything. Not to forget, Nano is crash tested and is safer than a lot of Marutis that are on the road.

Wishing him many miles of happiness.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks