Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Congrats on the first Laura RS on the forum. She looks lovely in White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
And seeing the rate at which it reached unmentionable speeds got the tyres changed the next day, so at least there would be no problems if I cross the speed of the H rated stock tyres (theres your hint to the speed).
The RS comes with stock Goodyear NCTs right? I thought they were 'V' rated.

Quote:
I have a bloody hard time choosing which one to take out at night.
Talk about the problems some people have
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:53   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats Akshay. White RS looks majestic. Some more day light pics please. I too like the 2nd and 3rd gear ratios and the old RS has a markable exhaust note change after 4k rpm.
The pics will be up by the weekend, need some time to go and take them. The engine does sound good, but I wish it had a slightly sportier exhaust, kind of like the Superb V6 has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats Akshay on owing another piece of machinery that will be fun to drive, quite a fleet you have accumulated, but i didnt understand one thing is your Innova was a MUV but you got 2 sedans to replace that, you didnt consider another MUV like Aria or upcoming Ertiga or maybe the new Xylo.
The 3 was almost an impulsive buy. We didn't feel the need for an MUV so wanted a sedan, but then the 3 could not be used as a workhorse. So we still needed another one after buying the 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hey Akshay,

I'd love to see this thread being moved to the Long-Term Ownership Reports soon. It would be great if you could give us the low-down and regular updates. It would be very useful, considering that this is the first vRS (?) on the forum.

It's a phenomenal car this, and would have been even better if Skoda didn't short-change the Indian market, and sold the 'actual' vRS instead. Nevertheless, the 1.8 TSI flies and since the suspension and tyres haven't been changed, it's probably more usable on a daily basis.

Congratulations bud. Wishing you many miles of happiness and a hassle-free ownership experience.
As with all my reports, you can expect updates so often that it would irritate people The 2.0t would have been better but then again the price would have been higher and I might not have got it.

Thanks, I'm sure it will be relatively hassle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congrats on the first Laura RS on the forum. She looks lovely in White.

The RS comes with stock Goodyear NCTs right? I thought they were 'V' rated.

Talk about the problems some people have
Yup NCT5s. I didn't like them anyway, and seeing the goodyear on them was enough to make me look away But you are right they may have been V rated. They were noisy as hell too. The Yokos now seem much better in terms of noise and grip. Comfort feels about the same.

Those problems can get quite challenging sometimes.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hey Akshay,

It's a phenomenal car this, and would have been even better if Skoda didn't short-change the Indian market, and sold the 'actual' vRS instead.
We so wished it was this way.

Moreover,this must have been Akshay's daily prayer before the vrs was brought to Indian shores.
Nevertheless, 160 is a good number !
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:02   #19
BHPian

Congrats Akshay, that's one mean machine you've got (no offence to the bimmer )

Expect some drool pics post your exams. By the way how's the gearing ratios in the 6-speed box, too far spaced out? Wish they come out with a VRS for Fabia too. (getting greedy ain't I ).

Wish you many miles of trouble free ownership. Let us know of your dealership and service experiences as well, especially with so many Skoda bashing threads around.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:50   #20
BHPian

>>>

akshay,

Saw your posts on the 320d and the vRS jsut now. You are on a roll- lovely choices.

Enjoy the rides and the drives.
The only car left in your arsenal (an arsenal it is) is the M3!

Regards
issigonis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay on your latest Pick and boy what a Pick it is!!

I recently was quite intrigued to see a Laura with some really Brilliant DRL's which was bright and beautiful. It took me about a minute to realize that this was the New Laura RS. I really Love the White shade on this Rocket Saloon(RS)

For one, I would love to read a review from your end on a comprehensive if not a detailed description of Performance, Handling & Ownership stats between the 320D, VRS and the Accord.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:11   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the car bro.. will be joining you shortly (as soon as I can get rid of my current TSI) with a blue VRS cousin!
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Akshay, you do know, that there's only so much fun that one's allowed to have while driving, right?
I mean, c'mon man! Punto, Accord V6, Bimmer and now this?

Congrats on getting the beast home.
Now, like I said in the Bimmer thread, do a comparo of the V6, the 3 and the RS. Should be good fun to read.

Do upload tons of pics.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 2nd March 2012 at 15:42.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

akshay1234, your garage in on fire! Great new addition there and have fun with it.

Hope your RS will soon find the W rated Yoko insufficient after going under the knife.

Edit: Get a pic of the Yoko A-Drive R1 flaunting its tread. Lets us know how is the ride after putting in some miles and is it available in 195/60 R15?

Last edited by deetjohn : 2nd March 2012 at 15:50. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy, looks awesome in white & I know is a hoot to drive as well. Loved the DRLs.

By the way, so which is your favorite drive now?

P.S.: Never knew you have a Punto as well, never seen your ownership report!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats Akshay, that's one mean machine you've got (no offence to the bimmer )

Expect some drool pics post your exams. By the way how's the gearing ratios in the 6-speed box, too far spaced out? Wish they come out with a VRS for Fabia too. (getting greedy ain't I ).

Wish you many miles of trouble free ownership. Let us know of your dealership and service experiences as well, especially with so many Skoda bashing threads around.
The gear ratios are pretty good, not too spaced out at all. 1st is good for about 60, 2nd for 100, 3rd for 145ish if I remember correctly. The Fabia will vRS would be a real hot hatch, with maybe the 1.6 from the Vento.

The dealer experience has been fine till now, hopefully should continue like this. The service station is literally 2 mins walking distance from where I live so even if something goes wrong ill be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

akshay,

Saw your posts on the 320d and the vRS jsut now. You are on a roll- lovely choices.

Enjoy the rides and the drives.
The only car left in your arsenal (an arsenal it is) is the M3!

Regards
Hey issigonis, back on tbhp after a long time?

Thanks alot. Hopefully I'll own an M3 sometime in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Akshay on your latest Pick and boy what a Pick it is!!

I recently was quite intrigued to see a Laura with some really Brilliant DRL's which was bright and beautiful. It took me about a minute to realize that this was the New Laura RS. I really Love the White shade on this Rocket Saloon(RS)

For one, I would love to read a review from your end on a comprehensive if not a detailed description of Performance, Handling & Ownership stats between the 320D, VRS and the Accord.
The DRLs are really bright, as much as an E class, and actually blends in to the overall look of the Rs quite well.

That comparo of the 3 should make an interesting read, and I will try and compose one as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Congrats on the car bro.. will be joining you shortly (as soon as I can get rid of my current TSI) with a blue VRS cousin!
The blue colour looks wicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Akshay, you do know, that there's only so much fun that one's allowed to have while driving, right?
I mean, c'mon man! Punto, Accord V6, Bimmer and now this?

Congrats on getting the beast home.
Now, like I said in the Bimmer thread, do a comparo of the V6, the 3 and the RS. Should be good fun to read.

Do upload tons of pics.
Thanks swanand. There is no limit to the fun you can have while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
akshay1234, your garage in on fire! Great new addition there and have fun with it.

Hope your RS will soon find the W rated Yoko insufficient after going under the knife.

Edit: Get a pic of the Yoko A-Drive R1 flaunting its tread. Lets us know how is the ride after putting in some miles and is it available in 195/60 R15?
I'm not sure if the AR01s are available in that size, but will definitely post a pic of the tread. Looks pretty sporty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Congrats buddy, looks awesome in white & I know is a hoot to drive as well. Loved the DRLs.

By the way, so which is your favorite drive now?

P.S.: Never knew you have a Punto as well, never seen your ownership report!
No favourite as such, all are great in their own way. I enjoy each of them.

I've had the Punto for almost 2 years, no ownership thread on that yet since there are so many already on the forum.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:16   #27
BHPian

I have some serious neighbour's envy when it comes to your garage.

Congratulations on the vRS, it's a great ride. If I was crunching a fewer number of miles every month I would've seriously considered it as an option to the Cruze.

All the best with your exams and I'm looking forward to some pics.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:32   #28
BHPian

I really have been having dreams about this car now since we last spoke about it :P. I've been checking into this thread everyday and I think I've read the official t-bhp review atleast 5 times now. Looks like I have a lot of convincing to do at home to get this as a replacement to my civic. Congratulations on yet another enthusiasts wet dream car addition to your drool worthy garage.

We should meet post exams, your anyway gonna get done sooner than me. Let me know when you intend to do the photoshoot, would love to accompany you for it.

For now, drive safe :P

Regards
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay! That's a drool-worthy machine Spoiled for choice you are!
Do post some nice pics. Am especially keen on seeing some nice interior shots. Have you driven the Laura TSI? If so, what kind of differences have you felt between the TSI & RS? Engine's pretty much tuned the same, but what about handling and ride?
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 00:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your latest acquisition, looks good in white and those DRL's make her look more sexy !

I must say you've got an amazing garage there . Please do most more pics specially with interiors.

Wish you wonderful miles with her .

Cheers
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks