Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 21:17   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Fantastic pics indeed.

Did you figure out the trick with the DRLs by trawling the net or did they tell you this at the showroom?
I read the manual Something I do after getting every car home. As for the lights, its just like Ardy has mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congrats, Akshay. You indeed have a great garage.

@Ghostrider: The knob needs to be pulled once for the front fogs and twice for the front and rear fogs. It can be used along with the head lights. The high beam is controlled by the left hand lever under the steering. The two beam symbols in the picture, left of the knob are front and rear fog symbols. The right most symbol above the knob is low beam, the center one is for parking lights.
Its the same way now. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh well, thats an unfair comparison - especially with the E90

Does the tyre change impact the steering feel? I remember reading in one fellow member's ownership thread that his Vento steering went completely lifeless after tyre upgrade (to Yoko IIRC), so much that he changed the shoes again after a few 100 kms.
I don't think the steering feel has got affected by tires at all. I mean I drove a good 100kms on the stock ones, and there is no way these Yokos can be worse than those crappy Goodyears in any possible way.
Old 6th March 2012, 17:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thanks noops, well it was white because my father didn't want to go to office in a yellow car

Oh I saw Palais Royale in the background on one of your pics, and recognised the area. Haven't seen the car yet.

Skoda just wants everyone to know that this is a vRS -
The interiors scream out vRS at every possible place, not that we would miss out noticing the beast without it !
BTW, like the way you notice the miniscule things and let us know the same.

And i just couldn't help noticing, but is this turning out to be you review photography spot
Old 6th March 2012, 18:21   #48
BHPian

Damn- two days in a weekend workshop and one day in a customer presentation, miss TBHP and pops in the vRS ownership thread. Loved it!

Akshay- the vRS looks good in white, not the hooligan in yellow, but a mild mannered bloke. Not a head turner for the common man, but for the enthusiast-yes. Keep them coming and petrol heads like us can keep drooling.

Wishing you the best of redlines!

cheers,
Old 7th March 2012, 10:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
@Ghostrider: The knob needs to be pulled once for the front fogs and twice for the front and rear fogs. It can be used along with the head lights. The high beam is controlled by the left hand lever under the steering. The two beam symbols in the picture, left of the knob are front and rear fog symbols. The right most symbol above the knob is low beam, the center one is for parking lights.
Got it. I remember a very similar arrangement in my Astra. The knob could be pulled as well as rotated.
Old 7th March 2012, 12:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Akshay! Congrats on the VRS! Brilliant choice of car once again. Though the VRS looks really hot in blue and red. Is there even little difference in the performance of the VRS as compared to the Ambiente TSI? Or is it only that body kit and VRS logos that one pays for extra? SKoda should have at least given larger and meaty alloy wheels with the VRS!
Anyways lemme know if you get the beast at the next Deutsche Dash
Old 7th March 2012, 15:45   #51
BHPian

The more i look.. the more the VRS Screams for 225 wheels to fill out the fenders...
On another note.. did u mention 'close the mirrors with the key' on the VRS??? how do u do that?
Old 8th March 2012, 11:40   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
And i just couldn't help noticing, but is this turning out to be you review photography spot
This is one of the few empty places you can find in Mumbai And it beats a parking lot IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Akshay- the vRS looks good in white, not the hooligan in yellow, but a mild mannered bloke. Not a head turner for the common man, but for the enthusiast-yes. Keep them coming and petrol heads like us can keep drooling.
I would have loved to get it in Blue, but then we decided on white and booked it since delivery was supposed to be quicker than Blue. Yes only enthusiasts will recognise it as something different from a normal Laura, though quite a few people seem to know the vRS is the sports variant of the Laura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hey Akshay! Congrats on the VRS! Brilliant choice of car once again. Though the VRS looks really hot in blue and red. Is there even little difference in the performance of the VRS as compared to the Ambiente TSI? Or is it only that body kit and VRS logos that one pays for extra? SKoda should have at least given larger and meaty alloy wheels with the VRS!
Anyways lemme know if you get the beast at the next Deutsche Dash
Hey Zohaib, thanks. This vRS isn't available in red only in 4 colours. These wheels aren't that bad when you see it in real life, though yes 17s at the least would have been great.

The suspension is stiffer than the normal car, and I also read in the manual that the vRS has a sports electronic differential lock. That is something which only the L&K had uptill now, but this too gets it and its called sports EDL or something while the L&K is only EDL. Will check again and post more on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
The more i look.. the more the VRS Screams for 225 wheels to fill out the fenders...
On another note.. did u mention 'close the mirrors with the key' on the VRS??? how do u do that?
I wish there were 225s in stock, otherwise they would have been on the car for sure. The 205s lack grip and the next time I switch they will be 225s. When your locking the car you just keep the lock button pressed, any windows which are open roll up and the mirrors fold in.
Old 9th March 2012, 17:14   #53
BHPian

that sounds like an added feature.. Ambiente doesnt have the mirrors folding.. just windows rollup.
Old 11th March 2012, 13:00   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
that sounds like an added feature.. Ambiente doesnt have the mirrors folding.. just windows rollup.
Thats because the ambiente doesn't have electric folding mirrors.
Old 12th March 2012, 08:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Just 1 Question - With our grade of petrol, in real world conditions is the tsi and quicker than the 140hp L & K ?
Pardon me if the question sounds preposterous but i am clueless about the performance credentials of the diesel L & K. All i know is that the tsi is a mid 8 second dash to 100 and the L&K with a DSG & 320NM should be fairly quick too. It would be interesting to see a tsi vs L&K vs cruze 0-100.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
This is one of the few empty places you can find in Mumbai And it beats a parking lot IMO.
I'm going to be there one of these days taking some new pics

Quote:
I wish there were 225s in stock, otherwise they would have been on the car for sure. The 205s lack grip and the next time I switch they will be 225s.
Didn't you mention on my Advan Sport thread that you were going to be calling Ranveer for the tyres? Were those for another car?

Quote:
When your locking the car you just keep the lock button pressed, any windows which are open roll up and the mirrors fold in.
This is something I miss on the Cruze... once again, my Astra had this in 1996! Could you also roll the windows down by pressing and holding the unlock button? That would be handy in a few situations.
Old 12th March 2012, 12:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is something I miss on the Cruze... once again, my Astra had this in 1996! Could you also roll the windows down by pressing and holding the unlock button? That would be handy in a few situations.
you can check this Power Windows Up Modular.
Xenos Window&page=1#
aks_karthik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 13:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
you can check this Power Windows Up Modular.
Xenos Window&page=1#
That's pretty neat, thanks for the link. I'd seen links for products but they were a lot more expensive. This looks like something that would probably a neat install too... no cutting stock wiring needed.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:31   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Just 1 Question - With our grade of petrol, in real world conditions is the tsi and quicker than the 140hp L & K ?
Pardon me if the question sounds preposterous but i am clueless about the performance credentials of the diesel L & K. All i know is that the tsi is a mid 8 second dash to 100 and the L&K with a DSG & 320NM should be fairly quick too. It would be interesting to see a tsi vs L&K vs cruze 0-100.
The vRS is quicker to the ton than the Tdi DSG, by more than a second. The Tdi is pretty quick too and manages a mid 9 second 0-100, and feels quick too. As for the Cruze, I had 4 people in my car and there was a Cruze next to me with 2 people in it who was driving quick. I overtook him on the way to 100 and after that he could not get ahead till I braked. Hopefully that answers your question about which is quicker. Hell this might be slightly quicker to the ton than my Accord.

Quote:
I'm going to be there one of these days taking some new pics

Didn't you mention on my Advan Sport thread that you were going to be calling Ranveer for the tyres? Were those for another car?
Let me know when you go, might get a car and join you.

I was calling Ranvir for this car, and could only manage the A-Drive R1s.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 15:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know when you go, might get a car and join you.

I was calling Ranvir for this car, and could only manage the A-Drive R1s.
Will do. I'll PM you my details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks