Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 13:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Small correction, just a Petes remap without anything else not even an air filter will get 200+. This is what he had told me. Of course the rest are bonus. Give it a bit longer than 2000kms considering how long the 1.8tsi takes to settle down.
That is anywhere between 200-210HP. Some other remaps from Revo, Shark, Celtic will take it anywhere between 210-220 on Stage 1. No issues getting done after 2000kms. However smoothest around is Custom code and Shark performance. Revo is slightly more aggressive and may not do well with our Indian condition and fuel quality.
Attaching the two files I received from Peter with details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Thank you, great to know that one more vrs is going to be part of the forum. What color is yours?
Its in Race Blue. Not much stock available with Skoda in this color. White & black seems to be more fast moving.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Skoda Octavia RS - Petrol Remapping.doc (39.0 KB, 753 views)
File Type: doc Skoda RS 1 8.doc (26.5 KB, 666 views)

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th March 2012 at 13:11.
Invinsible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 13:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

What will be the 0-100 figures after stage one done ?? Normally car does it 8.XX secs with 160 horses !!!
Old 15th March 2012, 13:44   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
What will be the 0-100 figures after stage one done ?? Normally car does it 8.XX secs with 160 horses !!!
Won't be too much better since anyway the car does not get such good traction even with stock power. The real difference will be seen above 100 and with in gear acceleration.
Old 15th March 2012, 14:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Won't be too much better since anyway the car does not get such good traction even with stock power. The real difference will be seen above 100 and with in gear acceleration.
Do you mean the wheel spin with the thinner tires ?? I am right now running 235/45/17 hope they are wide enough ???
Old 15th March 2012, 14:31   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Do you mean the wheel spin with the thinner tires ?? I am right now running 235/45/17 hope they are wide enough ???
Oh with 235 tyres you should have no issues of that sort. I'm sure the 0-100 will go below 8 seconds. Possibly 7.7-7.8.
Old 15th March 2012, 14:45   #81
BHPian

235 is wide enough.

however in gear really improves, and what i have seen on my diesel laura ( superchip remapped) is the power surge continues ..

so 0-100 might drop down 1/10th of a second but the power surge will be continuous

realistically, 100-150 will be a definitive improvement
Old 15th March 2012, 16:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Belated Congrats Akshay!
Great to know that you went for the RS versions, it really is amazing (personally my heart is all out for the Blue!). We also got delivery of our Laura Ambiente MT (Diesel) on Feb 28th in the Rosso Brunello colour and in Diesel due to longer driving distances.

Wish you many years of Thrilling driving!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th March 2012 at 16:55.
Old 15th March 2012, 17:22   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
What 235 tires are you running? Expect anywhere around 7.5 secs +/- .1,.2secs.
With suspension mods like sports dampers, stiffened springs, traction will be much better.

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th March 2012 at 17:24.
Old 15th March 2012, 23:12   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
235 is wide enough.

however in gear really improves, and what i have seen on my diesel laura ( superchip remapped) is the power surge continues ..
Do post more about your remapped car. Is it the 140bhp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Belated Congrats Akshay!
Great to know that you went for the RS versions, it really is amazing (personally my heart is all out for the Blue!). We also got delivery of our Laura Ambiente MT (Diesel) on Feb 28th in the Rosso Brunello colour and in Diesel due to longer driving distances.
Thank you sir, the blue is brilliant and invinsible is getting his car in blue. Actually all the colours look pretty nice on the RS. Congrats on your car, it certainly is a great car though I am a slight bit disappointed with the feel of the interiors. Maybe its because I'm comparing it to the Bimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
What 235 tires are you running? Expect anywhere around 7.5 secs +/- .1,.2secs.
With suspension mods like sports dampers, stiffened springs, traction will be much better.
For stage one the stock will do just fine. The bad traction is more because of outright power than because of bobbing of the car or anything. Of course you will be able to comment better once you get the car.
Old 16th March 2012, 02:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

[quote=akshay1234;2715551

Thank you sir, the blue is brilliant and invinsible is getting his car in blue. Actually all the colours look pretty nice on the RS. Congrats on your car, it certainly is a great car though I am a slight bit disappointed with the feel of the interiors. Maybe its because I'm comparing it to the Bimmer.

For stage one the stock will do just fine. The bad traction is more because of outright power than because of bobbing of the car or anything. Of course you will be able to comment better once you get the car.[/QUOTE]

I had both my Laura Diesel PD engine and Fabia 1.4 PD remapped 4 years back from Petes. Laura even with 225 tyres couldn't keep with all the torque on stock suspension. TSI engine with stage 1 map could have somewhat similar issues. Plans are to get 17" rim and import Michelin Pilot super sport tires once I get the car.
In regards to the interior I have the same feeling, especially the so called Alcantara material on the Seats. Might look at getting all leather from Stanley.

Have you checked on any solution for tail-lights that comes on with the DRLs?

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th March 2012 at 02:20.
Old 16th March 2012, 09:09   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I had both my Laura Diesel PD engine and Fabia 1.4 PD remapped 4 years back from Petes. Laura even with 225 tyres couldn't keep with all the torque on stock suspension. TSI engine with stage 1 map could have somewhat similar issues. Plans are to get 17" rim and import Michelin Pilot super sport tires once I get the car.
In regards to the interior I have the same feeling, especially the so called Alcantara material on the Seats. Might look at getting all leather from Stanley.

Have you checked on any solution for tail-lights that comes on with the DRLs?
But the torque in the diesels comes in much more suddenly, might be better with this. Either way stick with 225s but do check how the Pilot Super Sport is in wet conditions.

I wasn't talking about the leather or alcantra, infact that is great quality. Just the way some parts are put together for eg. I got a squeek from the rear a few days ago, but seems to have disappeared now.
Old 16th March 2012, 11:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the torque in the diesels comes in much more suddenly, might be better with this. Either way stick with 225s but do check how the Pilot Super Sport is in wet conditions.

I wasn't talking about the leather or alcantra, infact that is great quality. Just the way some parts are put together for eg. I got a squeek from the rear a few days ago, but seems to have disappeared now.
Michelin PSS are overall better compared to other summer performance tyres both in dry and wet. Read a lot of review on these and almost all mentioned they are excellent in wet. Also, checked with tirerack on the same along with Yoko AD08, Bridgestone RE11, Conti and they recommend to go with Michelin PSS.
Those small niggles, squeaks are always present in new Skoda but can be rectified at the Workshop. I had issues with Dashboard making squeaking noise in the Laura diesel when it was new but was rectified at the workshop.
Invinsible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 20:35   #88
BHPian

try running this car on Speed 97... opens up a whole new world :-) Turbo cars react extremely well to high grade feul!!
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 09:48   #89
Team-BHP Support

1500km Update-

I've had the car just over a month now, and its almost done 1500kms. The engine seems to be opening up nicely, especially after a recent drive to Pune. Left Mumbai at 145am and was in Pune by 315am. I stuck to 120 on the expressway since the headlights were fine for that speed. The adaptive headlights really helped on all the turns and made driving at night much easier. Also this car cruises really well - slot it into 6th and 140-180 is no problem with hardly any noise coming in.

The suspension is brilliant for cruising, high speed stability is very good and so is the ride once the speeds picks up. Only the bigger bumps can be felt then. The handling, while good is still not as confidence inspiring as the Bimmer. I wish the power steering was hydraulic or at least had better feel.

I plan on getting the horn changed soon, since you get zero respect with this horn. Infact most think its a bike or something and move only 1 foot to the left allowing enough place for a bike to go through.

The only issue if anything, is a slight rattle from the passenger seat. And also a whining noise from the engine which comes and goes, possibly a belt or something. Need to get that checked, it is there more when the AC is on.

Oh did I mention the FE was about 11 with the Pune drive
Old 26th March 2012, 12:10   #90
BHPian

Quote:
1500km Update-

I've had the car just over a month now, and its almost done 1500kms. The engine seems to be opening up nicely, especially after a recent drive to Pune. Left Mumbai at 145am and was in Pune by 315am. I stuck to 120 on the expressway since the headlights were fine for that speed. The adaptive headlights really helped on all the turns and made driving at night much easier. Also this car cruises really well - slot it into 6th and 140-180 is no problem with hardly any noise coming in.

The suspension is brilliant for cruising, high speed stability is very good and so is the ride once the speeds picks up. Only the bigger bumps can be felt then. The handling, while good is still not as confidence inspiring as the Bimmer. I wish the power steering was hydraulic or at least had better feel.

I plan on getting the horn changed soon, since you get zero respect with this horn. Infact most think its a bike or something and move only 1 foot to the left allowing enough place for a bike to go through.

The only issue if anything, is a slight rattle from the passenger seat. And also a whining noise from the engine which comes and goes, possibly a belt or something. Need to get that checked, it is there more when the AC is on.

Oh did I mention the FE was about 11 with the Pune drive
Ah the curse of the skoda rattle!! . Trust me it will come and go as it pleases! My only grouse with this car if you ask me.

Also interested to know about your horn-change plan. You are right about how much respect it commands!
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks